Game-Labs Forum

Core Patch 1: "Arriving"

Nick Thomadis

6 minutes ago, Masonator said:

lol this thread has gone completely off the deep end.

patch when

That's what makes these threads funny. As for the patch if they are adding stuff I would say mid September but if not next week is expected. If not then I don't know what they're doing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

hands up if you think the devs are adding stuff to the patch.

fish and eels if you think they aren't.

also i wonder if bones prediction of 3 weeks from announcement will come true.

That's my bet. probably a few more hulls. iirc they did that for the Pocket battleship update back in March or April or whenever that was; they added like 6 or 7 more hulls between initial patch announcement and its release.

Eventually I'm hoping for some American battleship hulls/designs from the 1910s, American cruisers from the 30s (especially those heavy cruisers), more options for WWI-era German dreadnoughts, pre-dreadnoughts across the board, and of course more destroyers. 

Edited by Speglord
  • Like 3

The campaign will begin in 1890, hopefully sooner like -1880, so if there is some hulls do add, it is from this time periode. 

The focus should be the Dreadnought area instead of the super-battleship. In any campaign, maybe the goal will be to have the 1st super/mega battleship. BUT most of our time and the real planning will be with those pre-dreadnought and dreadnought.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, CapnAvont1015 said:

If there's no islands I will be disappointed because frankly I'm kind of sick of just seeing endless ocean with nothing on the horizon.

Yep! Islands and shore lines are a must. Also I want some fortresses on islands, and fortress near key locations. And it would be great if we could build fortress and upgrade it.

Edited by Marshall99
  • Like 1

The lack of communication from the developers here really concerns me, and is NOT healthy for the community going forward. Literally everyone here is going crazy out of boredom and excitement for this patch. 

Any other company I've seen at least shows a few images of what's to come or a teaser, but here, I see absolutely nothing. 
Very, VERY concerning.

Why aren't the developers listening? 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Commander-Alexander-Reed said:

The lack of communication from the developers here really concerns me, and is NOT healthy for the community going forward. Literally everyone here is going crazy out of boredom and excitement for this patch. 

Any other company I've seen at least shows a few images of what's to come or a teaser, but here, I see absolutely nothing. 
Very, VERY concerning.

Why aren't the developers listening? 

Who knows. I bought this game in October 2019 and for almost two years I have see one and the same thing from developers - silence for months. Then they make another patch with several new hulls, missions and some balance fixes. And write something like "sorry, we are making a game and have no time to communicate on the forum".

The fire burns, the water is wet and the developers don't communicate much with players. Well, at least they fix the obvious bugs when you shown them. Sometimes.

artworks-000237741536-psz7yj-t500x500.jp

• Like 5

A good idea to compensate for this would be to hire a volunteer community manager who is kept updated with what's going on with development, who can then in turn communicate with the community and keep them informed.

I'm unsure if we already have one, but if we do, the current one isn't doing a very good job of that.

PS: It seems like Nick is the closest person to this position.

Edited by Commander-Alexander-Reed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Commander-Alexander-Reed said:

A good idea to compensate for this would be to hire a volunteer community manager who is kept updated with what's going on with development, who can then in turn communicate with the community and keep them informed.

I'm unsure if we already have one, but if we do, the current one isn't doing a very good job of that.

PS: It seems like Nick is the closest person to this position.

I would do it if it mean't we got more and clearer coms from the devs too be fair.

• Like 3

Yeah... it's been 20 days since the long awaited Core patch had been anounced to be "arriving", and even at this point we still know nothing about it apart from what's in the original post...

As some people has said, it would have been nice to have, at very least, some screenshots of some of the hulls... or something xD

Edited by SPANISH_AVENGER
  • Like 5