Game-Labs Forum

Alpha-12 en route!

My major dissapointment is that we have no information about the campaign. There are no pictures about it. We don't know anything about it. I am waiting for it since Alpha 2. 

New hulls..sure, why not. But lots of us sad that we need obsolete hulls, because the lack of variety. What we get? More modern hulls...I mean okey, a new game update is coming, but come on, give us more older hulls. When we start the campaign we won't have variety. 

I completely agree. We've got a lot of near WWII era ships, but the Pre Dreadnought is so barren. We've written a lot about this, so I'll just link the discussions below @Nick Thomadis.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/6/2021 at 1:02 AM, Skeksis said:

But I don’t think the team is going to rush anything anymore either, the campaign will come out when it’s ready….... just like a baby.

The last update was a full complement of British hulls, this update has not just got German additions but nearly every other nation got something too, this is an excellent update, for everybody, CCs are going to have a field-day with this content, aren't you?

Rush anything? We've been waiting for campaing for over year and a half that doesn't seem like a rush to me...

Full of hulls, yes that's the problem. We (and most importantly the game) don't need more hulls at this point. We need basic features done. Features that should have been here much earlier. Features that were promised much earlier.

This is not an excellent update this is a substandard or standard update at best. Because it's just the same as with most of previous updates. Just more HULLS.

,,Hey Nick, may we finally get the option to adjust beam and draught of the ship, as it was promised like a year ago?'' Following update: HULLS

,,Hey Nick may we get the more detailed armor adjustement options as you promised half a year ago?'' Following update: HULLS

,,Hey Nick what about the better gunnery system, campaing or some other important thing that is needed for a long time now?'' Following update: (yeah, you guessed it) HULLS! (and perhaps some other not-necessary-at-the-moment-stuff like flash fires or reverse engines)

I don't know who these CC's are but I wish them to have a good time with the new content. And no, I am not gonna have a ,,field day'' with it. It will give me like two hours of fun before I will turn the game off again to start it when other full-of-crap update is released few months after.

To other posts of yours that I can't properly quote here:

No, being part of this Alpha testing is not a privilage. If we would get to Alpha test for free with private, personal invitation from Nick then we might possibly look at it that way. But we paid for it to hell. How is it a privilage than? They made a game and we purchased it. It's a purchase, a contract, a regular i-give-you-money-ya-give-me-product kind of deal. It has nothing to do with privilage.

Are we really seeing some real progress? What has really changed since Alpha 1? More hulls, flash fires, reverse engines, custom battles, bunch of rebalances and that's about it. It would be some good progress if the stuff we've seen so far would be added in duration of few months but given it'a year and a half it's just ridiculous.

Edited by Aceituna
  • Like 5

For my parts, I thing they should postpone this alpha12, as it is only a deception and give us the 1st core patch later. And yes we need a good communication, a good road map to follow them.

I do not need some other alpha-patch like this to not play them and only read your comments about it. I also thing the campaign focus should be from the 1870 and more with the 1st ironclad and the development of the pre-dread. Again the name of the game is UA:Dreadnought...

• Like 4

Someones a little bitter... anyways, I knew coming in that the campaign is STILL a long way off, and yet Im enjoying the game immensely. There are a few things that could be implemented quicker but I really don't want them to rush it, at all. 

6 hours ago, RxmRolla said:

Estimated release date??

Maybe in 2 weeks time me thinks. Depends on how much they have done already. They are currently juggling between this patch and the first core patch. Dunno if the team works on their other games, if they do then might explain why development has been slow. But then i have no clue if it would be faster anyways.

hopefully they don't work more 45 hrs a week as past that productivity drops massively.

• Like 2

Ok Dudes. I for one appreciate a patch “in between”. 

An I hope there will be more “in between” patches while we crawl forward. 

Just as an example... maybe one containing parts to build Derfflingers, Mackensens and Ersatz Yorckies... 😇

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 5:16 PM, Cdodders said:

I would also say that being able to access the much older hulls would be nice also, so we can essentially RP refits. I would like to see what I can do to a Pre-Dread in the 1940s for instance!

Totally agree!

It's kinda annoying how some hulls have a short span, like, 1914-1919, so if you try to make a 1925 ship with it, you are unable to, meanwhile, in real life, there were many ships that made it from WW1 to WW2 through refits.

I would really be able to make a 1940 ship with a 1915 hull, like... it has been being upgraded to keep it up to date as much as possible through refits!

• Like 2

In hindsight that's a mechanic that should've been added by now, refits.

Major capital ships should have both a normal and refitted (torpedo bulges, less casemates, but better weight carrying, resistance, etc) versions, or hell, why wasn't bulges a physical module to be added? WOWS and War Thunder both simulate physical bulges.

• Like 2

Some more things that should be in the game, otherwise the product being a joke.

-Bulkheads setting actually changing the number of bulkheads instead of just making them stronger
-Actual ammunition HP pools instead of RNG, to stop that 6 inch shell knocking out half a BB from a magical hit
-Less focus on BBs, its gotten out of hand and its just now silly, we want more obscure classes like DE's.
-Cutting bows/Sterns off with torpedos, historically happened but should not be lethal damage
-Logistics, completely hello kittying missing from the game. How does income work? Is resources a thing? Can we run out of national fuel? etc?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThatZenoGuy said:

-Bulkheads setting actually changing the number of bulkheads instead of just making them stronger

The Bulkhead slider affects the number of bulkheads, actually.

What makes them stronger is the type (Bulkheads I, II, III...)

5 minutes ago, ThatZenoGuy said:

-Less focus on BBs, its gotten out of hand and its just now silly, we want more obscure classes like DE's.

I mean, the game is literally called "Dreadnoughts" xD I can see the focus on BBs.

6 minutes ago, ThatZenoGuy said:

-Cutting bows/Sterns off with torpedos, historically happened but should not be lethal damage

That would be cool!

6 minutes ago, ThatZenoGuy said:

-Logistics, completely hello kittying missing from the game. How does income work? Is resources a thing? Can we run out of national fuel? etc?

Those are campaign mechanics, they may come with the campaign, I guess.

I hope these replies here serve to give the devs a shake and to wake them up to the fact the playerbase wants more comunication and focus on more (actually requested) features.

Edited by Stormnet
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, SPANISH_AVENGER said:

I mean, the game is literally called "Dreadnoughts" xD I can see the focus on BBs.

That would be cool!

Those are campaign mechanics, they may come with the campaign, I guess.

1: Its called Dreadnoughts because the game lacks carriers, ergo Dreads are the centre of the taskforces ingame. But historically Dreads were countered by destroyers as well. Ingame however you can basically ignore destroyers, and dreads get way more hulls than any other ship type, for zero real reason. They all have the same meta design, while cruisers and DD's actually have variants.
2:Agreed!
3: Those are mechanics that should be in the campaign yes, BUT THE CAMPAIGN SHOULD BE HERE ALREADY! Its ridiculous that its been over a year now...

1 minute ago, Stormnet said:

Which one has more/less bulkheads?

Top has the least amount of bulkheads, bottom has the most amount. 

Not that it matters as any setting on the slider does not effect the number of bulkheads at all lol. XD

Just now, ThatZenoGuy said:

1: Its called Dreadnoughts because the game lacks carriers, ergo Dreads are the centre of the taskforces ingame. But historically Dreads were countered by destroyers as well. Ingame however you can basically ignore destroyers, and dreads get way more hulls than any other ship type, for zero real reason. They all have the same meta design, while cruisers and DD's actually have variants.
2:Agreed!
3: Those are mechanics that should be in the campaign yes, BUT THE CAMPAIGN SHOULD BE HERE ALREADY! Its ridiculous that its been over a year now...

Its been a year and a half, since a PROTOTYPE. Not a from scratch development. Even if very basic, the bare foundations were already set.

1 minute ago, Stormnet said:

Its been a year and a half, since a PROTOTYPE. Not a from scratch development. Even if very basic, the bare foundations were already set.

We're gamers, we're here to game. You don't sell something that you know will piss people off, so why did they choose to do so? Irresponsible devs are getting more common I'm afraid.

The foundations of combat is here, but campaign? Nope. Where's the map? The method of moving units on said map? Fuel? Ammo? Money? Income? Research? Nations? AI wars? Hell, AI on the map? Events? Etc?

10% of the campaign is present ingame at best, that's sad.

Frak campaign, even well known for long time and actually gamebreaking bugs in the very core mechanics just keep being ignored for many months. But hulls. And balances. Of flawed and broken mechanics.
What to talk about even.
But i still hope. Am dumb?

Edited by Cpt.Hissy

24 minutes ago, Cpt.Hissy said:

Frak campaign, even well known for long time and actually gamebreaking bugs in the very core mechanics just keep being ignored for many months. But hulls. And balances. Of flawed and broken mechanics.
What to talk about even.
But i still hope. Am dumb?

Balancing mechanics that clearly need to be either partially or completely remade, because just changing values for a type of formula that shouldnt be used for that system isnt gonna do much. If the problem is minor, it might solve, but if it is AI, you know it just needs to be remade.

You are not dumb. All of us are. Its just a question of whether should we grow some neurons, or wait to see if we'll ever need them.

Edited by Stormnet

On 5/8/2021 at 8:52 AM, Aceituna said:

How is it a privilage than?

Let me try to explain...

First I understand you're only interested in the end game, the finished product, that's fine but some of us are interested in being part of the development, we'll play the end game too but to be part of the journey is as much fun as the game itself.

And we have quite a large sphere of influence too, like Custom Battles, it wasn't originally part of the game, I think it came in about alpha 3 (not sure exactly when), see disc post for many other items...

And what we don't know if any of these items were already planned but what we do know is their suggestions/feedback was up before they were introduced.

Also it's actually very hard to find games in the right genre, in open alpha-beta, with sphere's of influence and with healthy community dialogue (that's powered by Invision cause there're some really pathetic forums out there) that you can be a part of. There's so few of them that it's kinda rare to have all the stars line up this way. 

And now our sphere of influence is diminishing. Ok there will be a window of opportunity when the campaign drops but I thing any adaptations now will be very restricted, basically the alpha tester phase is over and the game is on the fast track to release.

Therefore it is and was a 'privilege' since we're just not going to get another opportunity like this for while.  

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 1

I'm going to be perhaps excessively snarky for a moment. Maybe there'd be more communication from the devs if any thread they made weren't overrun by people yelling about how awful they are. Mild exaggeration aside, though, people say they should communicate more, but, assuming the main priority is the campaign, what exactly should they be communicating? Like, one person said (paraphrasing here) 'just make a post every other week and things will probably improve', but, to use an obvious example, what if there *isn't* anything to report other than that they're making progress? Yes, I'd absolutely love more information on the concept of the campaign, and I'd appreciate a post about the actual plans they have with technological development and so on, and you could probably get a few dev blogs out of that, but at a certain point, the well becomes dry on that front, and then you're right back at the same problem. 

Editing to add that probably the ideal solution would be giving the option to run a 'dev' or 'experimental' build, that explicitly is unstable, but has as recent updates to the game as possible, taking a leaf out of Subnautica's book with, perhaps, daily or weekly updates. 

Edited by Intrepid_Arty

I read almost every post and I never seen anyone yeld a Dev, or being disrespectful. I think we all want to this game to improve at the potential it was advertise, and we sing up for a alpha-game to follow is development, but there is no significant development and communication since a year. In every good product marketing is everything

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AdmER said:

I read almost every post and I never seen anyone yeld a Dev, or being disrespectful. I think we all want to this game to improve at the potential it was advertise, and we sing up for a alpha-game to follow is development, but there is no significant development and communication since a year. In every good product marketing is everything

Disrespectful is a bad word to use, as many people don't actually get what it means.

The devs at the moment are letting us down, ergo pointing out how they are progressing slowly and otherwise not being up to par, if they were in fact good devs, would be disrespectful. (You cannot be disrespectful to someone who has no respect)

But as they aren't, it is not disrespectful. Just gotta put it out there in case some redditors or something see the thread.