Game-Labs Forum

Seasonal Patch: The Missing Links Part 1

admin

16 hours ago, admin said:

I am sorry to hurt your feelings and attack your position but the heel will have effect the rudder even on the tanker (not so drastically).

There is no point to argue that and by doing so you present yourself as a stubborn ram not a constructive critic. Heel affects how rudder works. It's even in the ship design books, even in modern naval architecture books which we must read for dreadnoughts.  
We read these books so you dont have to.

My feelings are not hurt easily, after all I have been playing NA for a while with all its trolls and toxic characters, with an abrasive person right at the top of the dev team too :)

I'm also not arguing anything, I read the article and thought I'd share. I do think you made a solid game, I wouldn't have sunk many hours into it if it wasn't. The only gripe I really had was the low north american population.

9 hours ago, Thonys said:

maybe i am wrong

but in my world

the carronades have the weight that is 25 % of the weight of a similar medium or long gun

carronades are lighter than mediums or longs (25 % of the weight of a long gun)

even the pressure from firing a carronade is better transported to the ships structure than medium or long guns because they are on a other firing platform.

i think we disagree completely 

You are right, carros are lighter than medium or long guns. But, when you have a ship designed for 6 lbs medium guns, you can place like 12 lbs carros instead, without any disadvantage. I am all fine with that. The 32lbs carro is a way heavier than 6lbs mediums and therefore should have a negative influence on heel.

Edited by Sea Archer

7 hours ago, CaptLouis said:

Is there now a game effect whereby using full sails detrimentally affects accuracy of guns, as compared to battle sails? Apologies if I missed it in all the above discussion. If so, what is that feature trying to model?

You should only read patch-notes for what is in game. All the rest is justs conversation. Only patchnotes contain information on what is in game and what is not. The main post is always updated with full info on the current patch changes.

Asking a question and then jumping to conclusion immediately WITHOUT waiting for the answer for the question might come up as an attempt to mislead other users. And this is against the rules of the forum as it wastes time and makes users unhappy (some think its in game and start looking for it wasting time reporting that its not working)

Explain please to me in simple words. 
Why are you doing that? If the feature is NOT in game (as indicated in patchnotes) why even discuss it AND ask what this non existent feature is trying to model? What are you trying to achieve by starting this discussion (the discussion of modelling and goals of a non existent feature)?

2 hours ago, Sea Archer said:

You are right, carros are lighter than medium or long guns. But, when you have a ship designed for 6 lbs medium guns, you can place like 12 lbs carros instead, without any disadvantage. I am all fine with that. The 32lbs carro is a way heavier than 6lbs mediums and therefore should have a negative influence on heel.

still you are wrong 

a 32 carronade =1.3 Ton in weight 

and a 6 pd long is 1.7 Tons

still the 32 pd carronades is  a lighter  gun .

so actually is we use your thoughts on heel .....it (32 carro) should have even less heel  on the snow ....instead of more like you want to see.

it is what it is.

Edited by Thonys

Lol at people arguing historical accuracy after teleport to PB was added. At least give the average player 2 regular TPs per 24 hrs if we're letting battle groups poof around the map.

Edited by Potemkin
grammar

13 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I have spent in a certain space game being built, but it's way more than I have spent in NA for sure, but at least that game I have ships to fly and can go around and test things out as they develope them. 

I have preordered SC some time ago..
They got too ambitious once they got a lot of money. In game dev 10 more features is not 10x time its 100x time. And 2x programmers do not save time but lose time. 
But it all does not matter. I liked "Freelancer" so much that i would give Roberts money again in the future. He can make a good game.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, znôrt said:

don't take it so seriously. it's just chit-chat, doesn't mean anything! 🤣

Glad it was you my Spanish mortar guy not someone else. 

It was just a simple demonstration to @Macjimm that every statement even made in passing will be either twisted or taken out of context. You have given a proper example.

8 minutes ago, CaptLouis said:

I was told by several players that accuracy was affected by sail settings. Really pleased to hear that they are wrong, thanks Admin.

You should not trust what some people say on the internet. Accuracy is not tied to sail setting.

(one could argue that lee lurches at low sail could and did affect accuracy in some battles, + some might say that wind pressure against sail vs keep keeps your ship a bit more steady)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, admin said:

Glad it was you my Spanish mortar guy not someone else. 

It was just a simple demonstration to @Macjimm that every statement even made in passing will be either twisted or taken out of context. You have given a proper example.

Since we have the word Mortar mention,  is there any plans to give the Mortar brig any love. I tried it out a while back with an alt in a PB after we cleared the raiders.  I couldn't hit crap, the aim circle still can't be seen on land, the accuracy is just so bad and one little bump and it's all over the place so you have to start all over trying to zero it in.  I think the main thing that will help on the for/towers is bring back the red dot in the aim circle for center of it.  That not promise your going to hit that, but it lets you know where your center is at least.   I also didn't have the ship knowwledge as I had no slots open on the mortar brig, but will try to open some some time in the future, specially if we ever going to get some loving to the ship.  It's the slowest ship in game pretty much that most 1st rates can even out run so it's dead in any battle and with the useless ness cause Forts have so many hit points it needs a puprose once more back into battles.  Hell maybe even have a bigger one for deep watter liek use the Indianman frame work to put them on and have in PB's of bigger ships.  Just give it a big BR so it takes up a the space of a bigger ship.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 1:29 PM, admin said:

I have preordered SC some time ago..
They got too ambitious once they got a lot of money. In game dev 10 more features is not 10x time its 100x time. And 2x programmers do not save time but lose time. 
But it all does not matter. I liked "Freelancer" so much that i would give Roberts money again in the future. He can make a good game.

Oh boy, Freelancer...

I played it actively online until 2016... and I think there are some servers still. One of the fastest and most skill based PvP I've ever seen. Plus a great story. If SC comes even close I'm happy.

About the patch: Changes sound very interesting, will test soon. Currently a bit stressed...

I feel like gunloss through damage needs to be looked at, you now seem to lose a lot more guns through balldamage. probably due to higher penetration values but not sure. 

(I have been on both ends)

per decent rake here I would easily destroy 15 guns

total of 100 guns destroyed in a couple rakes

39757A8FCE49304F0376FF8774722E8BE6877BBB

• Like 1