Game-Labs Forum

3 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Here are the comparisons.

1603447953-hitachi-vs-yamato.jpg

1603447953-hitachi-vs-yamato-2.jpg

1603447948-hitachi-vs-yamato-3.jpg

A lot bigger than i was expecting lol. quite the chonk, at least if i need the historical hull i can just copy yamato's. Either way hitachi isn't a yamato, but it's own ship really, but looks similar to her.

Woooow, I love these types of comparisons! Well done!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

Woooow, I love these types of comparisons! Well done!

The other model isn't mine, but im using it as a base comparison. But yeah gives you a nice visual side-by side of how tall, wide, long etc each ship is.

Might do that at some point with my other ships even if they aren't textured, just line them up. Although ill have to watch the poly count in-case blender doesn't decide to blow up lol.

Also thonks! 'w'

Edited by Cptbarney
  • Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 1:02 PM, Cptbarney said:

Ill have to think of a name for her plus stats, dunno what names the polish would use for battleships or larger ships in-general.

Well most of the larger polish ships were named after famous polish general ect. But, the largest polish built ship were destroyers and were named after weather, Thunderstorm, Lightning, Thunderbolt, and Gale (?). Although personally I think they would have hopped on the bandwagon and named them after counties, but its your ship so in the end its your decision.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Noice work @Cptbarney ! 

Would you like to make a refitted BADEN one day? Such as this one here...? 😊

7B30F21F-D1F8-4747-9744-C35FDFC7ADC4.thumb.jpeg.9b1ed0497026057aed058e3b2909f8d6.jpeg

7A4F1FF3-6C58-4538-8D9A-2065762AEDF9.jpeg

Hmm, that's quite sexy. I'll will make this at some-point, ran into problems with ORP jadwiga with her normals on some of her parts, so ill have to fix those before i can texture the remaining parts. I might even re-do some of the UV maps or break up some islands so i can get better texel density on the hull and other larger parts of the model itself.

• Like 2

In other news, i have ORP Jadwiga almost textured, just a few things to go like turrets, railing and shaft, plus finding some decent texture for the canvas at the back as well.

Also need to fix some issues with normals (bloody programme), but i should be done fairly soon.

Either way ill upload some moar pics of hitachi soon regardless.

• Like 1

I literally just discovered this topic, there are some cool things you posted here guys. I remember I that I did a simple aircraft carrier in KSP for a role play, which was inspired by Kuznetsov I'm not sure do I still have any screenshots of it, but if Ill find it I hope you won't mind it here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arekP64 said:

I literally just discovered this topic, there are some cool things you posted here guys. I remember I that I did a simple aircraft carrier in KSP for a role play, which was inspired by Kuznetsov I'm not sure do I still have any screenshots of it, but if Ill find it I hope you won't mind it here.

Not at all! I created this thread so peeps could share designs in-general. Mostly your own designs and ones you've made in someway. But im not mental on what should be on this thread as long it follows general forum rules and keeps mostly to the threads topic and the first post (unless i change it).

2 minutes ago, IronKaputt said:

Currently she looks like being moored somethere around Silent Hill - which is good, for ghost ships are cool.

I actually forgot how to make a proper metal material lol, but i have one done. When im done with ORP jadwiga i might do 'camos' like wows for her. same for any other ship i've posted here.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Made the hull brighter and with some werid pattern on it to make the other details stand out more, tommorrow ill give her a better material in-general.

1603743116-hitachi.jpg

1603743115-hitachi-3.jpg

1603743115-hitachi-2.jpg

Every time I look at that rangefinder I can't help but laugh just from how big it is and it how it kind of reminds me of Space Battleship Yamato's antenna.

Battleship Yamato] 1/1000 Space Battleship Yamato 2202 | Bandai gundam  models kits premium shop online | Bandai Toy Shop @ Gundam.my. Our online  shop offers wide range of gundam model kits, LBX

• Like 2

Just now, CapnAvont1015 said:

Every time I look at that rangefinder I can't help but laugh just from how big it is and it how it kind of reminds me of Space Battleship Yamato's antenna.

Battleship Yamato] 1/1000 Space Battleship Yamato 2202 | Bandai gundam  models kits premium shop online | Bandai Toy Shop @ Gundam.my. Our online  shop offers wide range of gundam model kits, LBX

I took it from wargamings skin for yamato, its rangefinder i think is still longer than mine believe it or not.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

I actually forgot how to make a proper metal material lol, but i have one done.

I think you should save this texture, just in case - IMO, it really have this eery wibe of old horror games - might come handy later.

Edited by IronKaputt
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, IronKaputt said:

I think you should save this texture just in case - IMO, it really have this eery wibe of old horror games - might come handy later.

Might see if i can do the same in substance painter and come up with a weird camo scheme for her. Or something interesting anyways, could even do emission lighting on her.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CapnAvont1015 said:

It's bloody hilarious. Just make it super obvious where the player is looking. Love the symbols though.

Yeah the symbols are nice, although frankly i always look at the turrets rather than radars or rangefinder as they are more noticeable for me.

Figured out i would do 20mm's for Hitachis LAA Triples based on oerlikions and the 25mm triples the IJN used to use.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Yeah the symbols are nice, although frankly i always look at the turrets rather than radars or rangefinder as they are more noticeable for me.

Figured out i would do 20mm's for Hitachis LAA Triples based on oerlikions and the 25mm triples the IJN used to use.

Yeah I know most people look at the turrets to see where people are looking but from far away the rangefinder makes it easy. Great now I want animated rangefinders in UA:D.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CapnAvont1015 said:

Yeah I know most people look at the turrets to see where people are looking but from far away the rangefinder makes it easy. Great now I want animated rangefinders in UA:D.

Same, a bit sad they don't turn with your main guns on your ships, but eh i guess we will have to wait a bit for that.

• Like 3

On 10/27/2020 at 4:37 PM, Cptbarney said:

I took it from wargamings skin for yamato, its rangefinder i think is still longer than mine believe it or not.

When I aked for helicopters, that wasn't exactly what I meant... 😅

18 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

but they seem a bit too shiney

Keep that one for experimental titanium destroyer.
So polished... 😍

• Like 1