Game-Labs Forum

So im almost done with ORP jadwiga's textures only small details and the back end to do. If all goes well i can upload her tommorrow and ill post a link here, if not den ill scream lol.

In the meantime ill leave some images of a few ships i drew ages ago and also a few ships from a universe you might recognise.

1603914029-vengence-class-supercruiser-2

Vengeance Class Supercruiser (SCSS StarShield III).

1603914060-fortitude-class-battlecruiser

Fortitude Class Battlecruiser (SCSS Fortitude).

1603914218-elegant-class-battleship.png

Elegant Class Battleship.

1603914218-oak-class-battleship-w-i-p.pn

Oak Class Battleship.

Doing this since i've been focusing mainly on texturing today and my book, rather than modelling. Tommorrow ill do whatever is needed left to do otherwise hope you like the above.

(And guess which universe those two spaceships come from, design-wise anyways).

• Like 2

Good News I did managed to find some of them via Facebook, so here they come...
Pilsudski class light aircraft carrier Ive based some of its stats on Kuznetsov if I recall correctly.
Ship with Bismarck turret was a Poseidon class cruiser while barely smaller blockyboy is a Seaker class destroyer, they were more designed according to rules which sometimes were pain in the ass as I was more of a Red guy (Soviet/Russian) than Blue (NATO) and most of the equipment restrictions were based of of NATO, for example you couldnt make Mi-24 according to its specifications or IFV with bigger gun than 30 or 35mm AC.

Oh and that number in the right bottom corner? its frame rate from my old PC, that moded version of KSP needed half an hour to start up and it was crashing about half of the times on it. My current PC should be able run it, after all it can run cranked up DCS.

26060110_981417778662583_2610349053040311679_o.jpg

26026149_981417895329238_3707140707301658938_o.jpg

26114301_981418155329212_1879010338443787027_o.jpg

26060448_981418271995867_4631848774793980437_o.jpg

26171749_981418915329136_4292614097542494909_o.jpg

26025709_981418938662467_4774155692652078804_o.jpg

26172247_981418418662519_5512222587152825095_o.jpg

26060459_981418548662506_1123710263544372697_o.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

you make spaceships now?

I've had them for ages mind. Just something before i finish off Jadwiga. Since i didn't model Hitachi today or miss warsaw.

@arekP64Love the designs, strange we don't see more modern ships with turrets that have more than one barrel, but eh. Very nice regardless.

@Cptbarneythe reason for most of the ship having a single barrel is due to making the design simpler, after all most of them have RoF of like a 1 round per second or more. Second reason is that modern ships mostly relays on missiles after all they can carry heavier warhead, they are easier to upgrade than ship guns, have higher accuracy for lower price (there is one German ship in which firing a single shell is more expensive than firing an ASM, unless they fire unguided shells) and have higher chance of going through CIWS protection. usually those turrets are meant to be used as AA, part of CIWS and against light surface crafts, think of it as a big ass flak gun. Its just that the rules has changed since those old days and now we relay on different systems.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, arekP64 said:

@Cptbarneythe reason for most of the ship having a single barrel is due to making the design simpler, after all most of them have RoF of like a 1 round per second or more. Second reason is that modern ships mostly relays on missiles after all they can carry heavier warhead, they are easier to upgrade than ship guns, have higher accuracy for lower price (there is one German ship in which firing a single shell is more expensive than firing an ASM, unless they fire unguided shells) and have higher chance of going through CIWS protection. usually those turrets are meant to be used as AA, part of CIWS and against light surface crafts, think of it as a big ass flak gun. Its just that the rules has changed since those old days and now we relay on different systems.

Yeah, although i would like too see if those systems actually hold up in a proper naval battle scenario rather than powerful countries picking on peeps with either severely outdated stuff or canoes.

If anti-missile system provide to be too good, then you will need guns and we may see a shift towards them again.

Or they may become useless and we may see missile only light cruisers, heavy cruisers, supercruisers, battlecruisers etc.

Either way if you can make a triple design simple you get too have a greater burst fire potential and can put down far more shells down range than a single barrel.

If we they run out of missiles and they are close to it each other might become a bit comical.

Well this is unlikely, as missiles can always be designed to be faster and at some point you are just hitting point when it requires to redesign entire protection system if not make it impossible. A good example is Kinzhal, its a new Russian mach 10+ anti ship missile which as of right now is only intercept-able when its still attached to its parent aircraft. I've heard some rumors that this missile can go so fast that it can create plasma around its self which would make it undetectable for radar, altho I'm not sure what's the speed when it's created, pretty sure its something over 2km/s which is around mach 10.
When it comes to practical way of getting through the CIWS the only other option than Kinzhal is just to throw more high velocity missiles at it, unless you're target have Kashtan as its CIWS then you can scream "F YOU" and it will be as effective since every Kashtan turret can track up to 6 targets simultaneously with either radar or TV-optical and can send lead and missiles at it.
The problem conventional guns faces is the maximum velocity they can give to the rounds which is 1.8km/s and that's when they're leaving the barrel. There are 2 candidates for alternative however, railguns with approximate 4km/s and CLG (Combustion Light Gasguns which uses Hydrogen and Oxygen to propel 45mm round to a speed of 7.2km.
However this still doesn't fix the issue with impact velocity at longer ranges, this would pretty much restrict those guns to the same role as they are today they would be just better at it if nothing more.
CLG's may have some potential, but they development is pretty much limited to artillery and tank guns, but they do have some interesting performance. Theoretically they max range is ~200km, but you know they use liquid Hydrogen and Oxygen, which you may guess may not be the best idea to have them on your boat, this two liquids are very explosive even on they own.

Hi guys wasn't able to do any modelling today, due to being pretty tired after my shift however i decided to do a comparison of both ORP warsaw and jadwiga! Plus speaking of the latter, i have finished her textures to a basic standard so ill be uploading her on sketchfab tommorrow or at least see if everything is ok (want to make sure its done properly) and once uploaded ill do better work on her UV's maybe add a few more things etc.

Otherwise she is done essentially. I will be working tommorrow, so won't have as much time unlike tuesday or wednesday.

Either way here are the comparison shots.

1604260240-orp-jadwiga-and-warsaw-compar

1604260193-orp-jadwiga-and-warsaw-compar

1604260255-orp-jadwiga-and-warsaw-compar

1604260247-orp-jadwiga-and-warsaw-compar

Also might do a re-do of my renders since i just found out how to do AO clay renders and learning a bit more about lighting.

Might also try and get some of my models into the unreal engine as well or unity or both.

Dunno why shes red either lol. Probs angreh.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Hi guys wasn't able to do any modelling today, due to being pretty tired after my shift however i decided to do a comparison of both ORP warsaw and jadwiga! Plus speaking of the latter, i have finished her textures to a basic standard so ill be uploading her on sketchfab tommorrow or at least see if everything is ok (want to make sure its done properly) and once uploaded ill do better work on her UV's maybe add a few more things etc.

Otherwise she is done essentially. I will be working tommorrow, so won't have as much time unlike tuesday or wednesday.

Either way here are the comparison shots.

1604260240-orp-jadwiga-and-warsaw-compar

1604260193-orp-jadwiga-and-warsaw-compar

1604260255-orp-jadwiga-and-warsaw-compar

1604260247-orp-jadwiga-and-warsaw-compar

Also might do a re-do of my renders since i just found out how to do AO clay renders and learning a bit more about lighting.

Might also try and get some of my models into the unreal engine as well or unity or both.

Dunno why shes red either lol. Probs angreh.

Oh yeeea! Another comparison. Thank you for this. I realy like these things. They are beautiful models 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Marshall99 said:

Oh yeeea! Another comparison. Thank you for this. I realy like these things. They are beautiful models 

Thonks, glad you like them. Could do more comparisons really with old style ships to the newer ones.

• Like 1

Well tommorrow since i have no work i can do more modelling and texturing, plus im going to get some of the old grills done up and ready to go as well.

Forgot how long it takes for sketchfab to update models, but then i have to make sure everything is ok first lol.

• Like 2

Ok good news and bad news.

Good news is that, i have managed to succesfully re-do ORP Jadwigas uv's in a day, making texturing her a lot easier.

Bad news is that my current sketchfab account only allows max 50mb file uploads, so i can either reduce the textures from 2k and 4k down to 1k to 2k respectively but i might lose some detail in areas.

Also its 108 textures as well (whoops lol). So yeah.

I can either do her textures now and upload tommorrow or...wait untill i get paid to get the subscription for sketchfab so i get 100mb file size limit instead AND be able to upload more than one model a month. (which is highly smeggy atm).

Oh well, this has been a learning experience for myself. The next ship should be a lot smoother unless its the older ones, then i have no clue lol.

Thankfully most of the textures are just simple metal materials slapped on, the rest is a bit more fiddly.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Ok good news and bad news.

Good news is that, i have managed to succesfully re-do ORP Jadwigas uv's in a day, making texturing her a lot easier.

Bad news is that my current sketchfab account only allows max 50mb file uploads, so i can either reduce the textures from 2k and 4k down to 1k to 2k respectively but i might lose some detail in areas.

Also its 108 textures as well (whoops lol). So yeah.

I can either do her textures now and upload tommorrow or...wait untill i get paid to get the subscription for sketchfab so i get 100mb file size limit instead AND be able to upload more than one model a month. (which is highly smeggy atm).

Oh well, this has been a learning experience for myself. The next ship should be a lot smoother unless its the older ones, then i have no clue lol.

Thankfully most of the textures are just simple metal materials slapped on, the rest is a bit more fiddly.

I think you shouldn't pay for better resolution. We appreciate your effort, because you do epic models as always, but in my opinion don't pay for it. Personaly I enjoy lower resolution too.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

I think you shouldn't pay for better resolution. We appreciate your effort, because you do epic models as always, but in my opinion don't pay for it. Personaly I enjoy lower resolution too.

Thanks, that means a lot. Although the ability to upload more models is very enticing as well, i could challenge myself to stick with a certain resolution set anyways. Atm i am about half way done through the new texturing anyways.

• Like 3

Heres an image of what i managed, in substance.

Got about 7-8 Tiles left to do, then i get too see how fat the file is. If its way too big, ill just upload something else and focus on modelling again.

1604434177-orp-jadwiga-new-look.jpg

Or lower the resolution which either works.

• Like 3

Here some new renders of hitachi, did some work on the materials and some more bits for her hull as well, might re-do her rear so that i can fit the plane tracks on better.

Also found out about passes and used AO and shadows, not sure if that helps with bringing out details in the models.

1604520624-hitachi-brand-new.jpg

1604520634-hitachi-brand-new-2.jpg

1604520644-hitachi-brand-new-3.jpg

1604520656-hitachi-brand-new-4.jpg

1604520663-hitachi-brand-new-5.jpg

And ORP Jadwiga is done, but shes too fat for sketchfab at 68MB's so ill just have to wait awhile before i can upgrade my account.

• Like 4

Funny how one little setting can make your renders soo much better.

1604606847-orp-warsaw-new1.jpg

1604606847-orp-warsaw-new3.jpg

Dunno how well it translates onto the webstie however, but looks much better in blender nonetheless.

1604607014-hitachi-new.jpg

1604607020-hitachi-new-2.jpg

1604607026-hitachi-new-3.jpg

Finding it tricky to get a more matte shading for her metal colouring, might just make her grey and stick to clay rendering only.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Funny how one little setting can make your renders soo much better.

1604606847-orp-warsaw-new1.jpg

1604606847-orp-warsaw-new3.jpg

Dunno how well it translates onto the webstie however, but looks much better in blender nonetheless.

1604607014-hitachi-new.jpg

1604607020-hitachi-new-2.jpg

1604607026-hitachi-new-3.jpg

Finding it tricky to get a more matte shading for her metal colouring, might just make her grey and stick to clay rendering only.

Wow, I like this kinda factory gray camo. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Marshall99 said:

Wow, I like this kinda factory gray camo. 

Might just use proper materials, but eh if it works might keep it.

Either way extra images of ORP Warszawa, didn't do much work on her as i worked on my book some more and also pretty tired after a 9hr shift as well.

1604693037-orp-warsaw-with-ao.jpg

1604693043-orp-warsaw-with-ao-3.jpg1604693034-orp-warsaw-with-ao-2.jpg

1604693317-orp-warsaw-with-ao-4.jpg

Tommorrow ill focus on her mostly for modelling and may start on a 1910-1915 Battleship for Poland as well.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, arekP64 said:

@CptbarneyI remember you were mentioning about adding UV maps, I'm having a hard time finding a reason to use them on such model. In quite a few places I can see it's a high/mid poly but I can't see the exact mesh so its hard to say.

Well you need to do if you want decent textures and also to stop textures from spilling over to other areas as well. It also helps to break up the model and allow the texture to know what part of the model is, plus i also need to learn it to get better at it as well.

All of the models in uad will use uv maps and any single game or cinematic movie you watch will have their models using uv maps.

Sketchfab is bad when it comes to showing exact uvmaps so its better to download the model and see for yourself if thats possible at all