Game-Labs Forum

Coming from 3ds max to blender uv mapping is just plain bloody werid, but im getting the hang of it. The main hull still has problems (limited too the anchor holes now thank god), ill be testing out the UV's too see how they are in substance, otherwise i might see if i can just texture in blender again.

Sorry it's taking this long, but technically i've only been using blender since early september. only reason why i am able to produce models as good as you see is due to prior 3 years experience in 3ds max.

Otherwise ill just post moar images of hitachi, a new aircraft carrier im working on and dreadnought style BB with wing turrets (like the kos BB, but not an actual pre-dread).

• Like 2

In the mean time does anyone else have any designs they wish to share? Better than just waiting for me to finish stuff of really.

Regardless ill post pics of the CV im working on Hitachi and model of dreadnought BB as well Both the CV and the dreadnought will be bare bones, but the dreadnought will be a continuation of ORP Jadwiga so you might see some familiar stuff on there (Plus thanks to HusariuS for the names as that makes it alot easier to choose whats more appropriate, even if they never existed, but that is the point of the thread really).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IronKaputt said:

How about that top-heavy trimaran idea?

Is dat the werid sniper boute?

Oh and just sorted out the UV's for main hull as well (finally!) so im currently texturing that, i have like 20 textures i want to put into substance too see what they look like.

3 minutes ago, IronKaputt said:

Moar like triple siperfired one. Remember these?

maxresdefault.jpg.905e9d940c283ea877ab4e

Ahh yes Charlemagne, can't wait to make her if i can lol. Would love triple super firing or hyper firing as i call it.

3 minutes ago, IronKaputt said:

Since topweight stability should totally be a thing, why not give her some training wheels:

TRKZvezda_Rusich2_468.jpg

Did you make that?

1 minute ago, Cptbarney said:

Did you make that?

I wish 😒
Nah, I just google "navy trimaran" and took the one seemed most explonatory.

Though I somehow mentally ready that I'll end up learning some 3D (and perhaps C#) to made me some shipfus.
When I bought build-your-own-ship game that's not exactly what I expected 😅

P.S. Some 6 and 8 inch verticals, perhaps?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, IronKaputt said:

I wish 😒
Nah, I just google "navy trimaran" and took the one seemed most explonatory.

Though I somehow mentally ready that I'll end up learning some 3D (and perhaps C#) to made me some shipfus.
When I bought build-your-own-ship game that's not exactly what I expected 😅

P.S. Some 6 and 8 inch verticals, perhaps?

Yes pls, also hope you do well. Wish i did better in uni at my course, but thats too late anyways. My skills have improved a lot since i left anyways, given i can now do whatever models i want now.

Oh btw what do you guys think of this? This is ORP Jadwiga rendered in substance painter, dunno if i can get the same effect in sketchfab but she looks really nice even if she isn't fully done yet.

1603122186-orp-jadwiga-basic-substance-r

Basic i know, but it helps me with doing her up proper. Ill add in her other materials later on today and use them on her and see what they look like.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Oh btw what do you guys think of this?

Gave me another idea: sunny bunny camo - applied after migrane maker aka razzle dazzle was prohibited by Geneva Protocol.

I knew that misreading thread's title as "Magic in game?" will derail me hard 😋

No regrets.

• Like 1

So far i wish to share this design whilst I work on my next project the Norwegian coastal battleship Nøkken. This one was done as a request to make a Ukranian version of Hms Agincourt, whilst aiming for it to be better than both the Agincourt and the main competition Gangut. The story was cut a bit short to fit in to sketchfabs limit.

The Ukrainian battleship Kiev begins its journey in March 1917 with the beginning of the Russian revolution and the rise of Ukrainian seperatists. After a year of fighting off several Russian factions the Ukrainian seperatists gained independance from Russia, and formed the Ukrainian republic. thus forming a new chapter in Ukraine’s history. Seeing Russia as a future threat in 1920 Ukraine begins the construction of a 34,000 tonne battleship to dominate the black sea and to act as shore bombardment should the need arise. To take on the Ganguts it was modeled on the HMS Agincourt to provide maximum firepower, with the best level of protection. The ship is completed 3 years later and is the most powerful ship on the black sea for her time, however is more heavily armoured than both Gangut and Agincourt with her belt at 320mm, and several knots faster at 25 knots. The chosen engines were diesel motors for simplicity of operation and maintenance.

Length-210m, Beam-30m, Draught-8.8m Displacement 34,130 tonnes

Armament 14- 45 cal 305mm guns in 7 turrets, 20- 152mm secondaries in casemates, 7 x 1 76mm guns in deck mounts

Ship Armour- Belt 320mm, upper 180mm, end sides+ decks- 25mm, main deck- 150mm, conning tower- 330mm, torpedo belt- 26mm

Turret armour- 330mm shield, 200mm surrounding, 330mm barbette + hoist.

Engines- geared diesel motors producing 60,900 horsepower with a top spead of 25 knots.

Range- 3500 miles at 12 knots.

1758253455_Screenshot(27).thumb.png.f6c037117536cc17eb983a31eda37540.png1045921977_Screenshot(28).thumb.png.e9af5c51de30b912c3997391c6fe5642.png1209437281_Screenshot(26).thumb.jpg.77963bb6a4b860c65a8e1b9b275a3611.jpg

• Like 2

IJN Hitachi is now taking better shape, which is nice. Here is roughly 6 images below. Ill post stats of her later on today as well. Thought i do some proper modelling on her rather than little bits and pieces ill resume uv-mapping and texturing ORP Jadwiga tommorrow and thursday.

1603206204-hitachi-looking-betta.jpg

1603206205-hitachi-looking-betta-2.jpg

1603206204-hitachi-looking-betta-3.jpg

1603206206-hitachi-looking-betta-4.jpg

1603206207-hitachi-looking-betta-5.jpg

1603206201-hitachi-looking-betta-6.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Marshall99 said:

Nice looking ship with interesting layout! Are those guns same caliber?

Yeah those are 350mm guns on her hull, shes about 170-175m's in length and about 32-35m's wide and about 12-16m'a in depth total. Took inspiration from the french dreadnought bb and nassau.

• Like 2

IJN Hitachi.

Displacement: Full Load 92,000 Tonnes

Length: 345m's.

Beam: 52m's.

Draft: 20m's (Full).

Propulsion: 6 shafts, 6 Horizontal turbo-electric steam turbines. 18 Water-Tube Boilers. 235,000 SHP

Speed: 32knots (Could push to 36 knots if needed for 3 hours.).

Range: 9,200 nmi at 20.5knots.

Complement:  205 officers, 2400 Crew (Needs less crew for its size due to more automatic features and loaders).

Armament: 2x4 510mm Guns (20.1inch), 3x2 162mm guns. 7x2 130mm guns. 18x2 36mm guns. 6x2 62mm guns. 3x2 36mm guns (Turrets).

Armour: Belt main section: 525mm.  Light section: 185mm. Deck: 265mm  Weather: 100mm. Splinter deck: 50mm.  Barbettes: 400mm (main) 285 (secondaries) 165 (lighter secondaries) . Turrets Main guns: 740mm side: 350mm  rear: 205mm top: 350mm  Conning tower: 485mm.

Construction year: 1954.

Number Built: 5

Edited by Cptbarney
  • Like 2

And i also did some more work on ORP Warszawa. (lol you didn't see the mistake :D)

1603271881-orp-warsaw-very-basic.jpg

1603271884-orp-warsaw-very-basic-2.jpg

1603271883-orp-warsaw-very-basic-3.jpg

1603271877-orp-warsaw-very-basic-4.jpg

The casemates are 152mm's ill put some smaller 92mm casemates around the superstructure and maybe at the front and rear ends of the ship. She still has a way to go however.

Edited by Cptbarney
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

And i also did some more work on ORP Warszawa. (lol you didn't see the mistake :D)

1603271881-orp-warsaw-very-basic.jpg

1603271884-orp-warsaw-very-basic-2.jpg

1603271883-orp-warsaw-very-basic-3.jpg

1603271877-orp-warsaw-very-basic-4.jpg

The casemates are 152mm's ill put some smaller 92mm casemates around the superstructure and maybe at the front and rear ends of the ship. She still has a way to go however.

Seems like a powerful early dreadnought :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

Seems like a powerful early dreadnought :D

In this universe, some tech arrived earlier and so nations got to experiment for a lot longer. Also in this universe Poland is 45% bigger than it is from the commonwealth (so take the commonwealth and add 45% more land mass in all directions), having more sea to defend, plus land as well.

The Polish Technocracy its called as they formed a government based on a technocratic-meritocratic-constitutional government and has ruled for about 120 years or so (so Poland formed a lot earlier and also science and tech gained far more fascination with elites and the people as well).

They have their Queen Jadwiga IV the stalwart, who has some say from time to time in matters of public and private importance.

Some other countries in this universe didn't form, while some new ones did. The earth is also 16% larger as well and has 3% more land mass compared to total water volume (so its 33% land 67% water instead).

Just a bit of back storeh.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

In this universe, some tech arrived earlier and so nations got to experiment for a lot longer. Also in this universe Poland is 45% bigger than it is from the commonwealth (so take the commonwealth and add 45% more land mass in all directions), having more sea to defend, plus land as well.

The Polish Technocracy its called as they formed a government based on a technocratic-meritocratic-constitutional government and has ruled for about 120 years or so (so Poland formed a lot earlier and also science and tech gained far more fascination with elites and the people as well).

They have their Queen Jadwiga IV the stalwart, who has some say from time to time in matters of public and private importance.

Some other countries in this universe didn't form, while some new ones did. The earth is also 16% larger as well and has 3% more land mass compared to total water volume (so its 33% land 67% water instead).

Just a bit of back storeh.

Nice details!

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 2:38 PM, Cptbarney said:

In this universe, some tech arrived earlier and so nations got to experiment for a lot longer.

Wondering, how would the armor have developed , if shaped charges weaponized earlier.
Littorio spaced belt
with a cement foam gap should probably have some benefit.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, IronKaputt said:

Wondering, how would the armor have developed , if shaped charges weaponized earlier.
Littorio spaced belt
with a cement foam gap should probably have some benefit.

Dunno, haven't picked and choose what would of arrived early yet. Dystopian wars does a nice take on it but goes to greater extremes, mines a lot more tame, but still.

• Like 1

Did moar on IJN Hitachi first of her name.

1603393206-hitachi-advanced-2.jpg

1603393207-hitachi-advanced-3.jpg1603393209-hitachi-advanced.jpg

As for ORP jadwiga i just need to sort out her normals on some of the models and then texture ill show case the textures and then ill make adjustments to the UV's were necessary, but i don't want too many texture maps as im already near the file size limit.

Oh and i updated Hitachi's stats as well.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Did moar on IJN Hitachi first of her name.

1603393206-hitachi-advanced-2.jpg

1603393207-hitachi-advanced-3.jpg1603393209-hitachi-advanced.jpg

As for ORP jadwiga i just need to sort out her normals on some of the models and then texture ill show case the textures and then ill make adjustments to the UV's were necessary, but i don't want too many texture maps as im already near the file size limit.

Oh and i updated Hitachi's stats as well.

She is like a compact version of the Yamato. One guns less but on the other hand she had massive secondary broadside and if those are dual purpose than the AA is also excellent. Nice work!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Marshall99 said:

She is like a compact version of the Yamato. One guns less but on the other hand she had massive secondary broadside and if those are dual purpose than the AA is also excellent. Nice work!

Soon ill post a comparison shot of her and yamato, shes actually a lot bigger. She has bigger main guns as well such as 510mm's and 162mm secondaries along with the 130mm secondaries which all of those guns are dual purpose. She also has loads of 62mm MAA and 36mm MAA as well, both duals and far better than those smeggy triple 25mms the japs loved soo much.

• Like 1