Game-Labs Forum

1 hour ago, Cptbarney said:

Ill have to think of a name for her plus stats, dunno what names the polish would use for battleships or larger ships in-general.

Most likely some famous people like Kings/Generals/Soldiers/Politicians etc that did some great things for the country.

Names of the larger cities or rivers could also work.

If you want some "Woman" sounding names I would go for:

ORP Maria (From Maria Skłodowska-Curie or Maria Konopicka)

ORP Jadwiga (From St. Jadwiga Andegaweńska she was the first Polish Queen)

ORP Warszawa/Warsaw (Current Capital and Largest City in Poland)

ORP Wisła/Vistula (Biggest river in Poland)

I could go on with this whole night... if we are talking about every possible name including the Male sounding ones... see ya in the next week.

It's hard to tell because we never had plans for building anything bigger than a Destroyer or Cruiser because first we didn't need to and second... because some THREE DUDES decided to hello kitty us up... three times... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HusariuS said:

Most likely some famous people like Kings/Generals/Soldiers/Politicians etc that did some great things for the country.

I could go on with this whole night... if we are talking about every possible name including the Male sounding ones... see ya in the next week.

It's hard to tell because we never had plans for building anything bigger than a Destroyer or Cruiser because first we didn't need to and second... because some THREE DUDES decided to fu** us up... three times... 

p.s. damn you censorship!

p.s.2 i wanted to edit my first post not quote it ;-;

Edited by HusariuS
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HusariuS said:

It's hard to tell because we never had plans for building anything bigger than a Destroyer or Cruiser because first we didn't need to and second... because some THREE DUDES decided to hello kitty us up... three times... 

Ahh i see, ill stick with the names you mentioned for now. We will pretend poland had better access to the sea and a far stronger industrial base to build this ship in the first place, i guess to solidify it united earlier.

I love history, but i love alt history even more, nice too see the names are less restrictive as well for poland (but i guess thats due to the lack of chonks in polish navy).

Yeah poland had it rough, my country should of alot more harsh on mister toothbrush man during 1937-1939 (bloody chamberlain), but i guess history is history, shame we weren't ready for military confrontation till about 1941-1942 if no war started out until then.

The HOI4 timelapses are funny, like the one where texas, poland and i think mongolia take over the world lol.

God imagine the world ruled by texas.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Ahh i see, ill stick with the names you mentioned for now. We will pretend poland had better access to the sea and a far stronger industrial base to build this ship in the first place, i guess to solidify it united earlier.

I love history, but i love alt history even more, nice too see the names are less restrictive as well for poland (but i guess thats due to the lack of chonks in polish navy).

Yeah poland had it rough, my country should of alot more harsh on mister toothbrush man during 1937-1939 (bloody chamberlain), but i guess history is history, shame we weren't ready for military confrontation till about 1941-1942 if no war started out until then.

The HOI4 timelapses are funny, like the one where texas, poland and i think mongolia take over the world lol.

God imagine the world ruled by texas.

Toothbrush man... and you later mention a HOI4... where did I see that...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Wasn't sure if the filter would go hello kitty again if i mentioned his name or not. Also if poland went super saiyan as well.

lol.

Jesus... I was playing so much in the last few months only on the Iron Curtain Mod that I've forgot how "vanilla" HOI4 looks like XD

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HusariuS said:

Jesus... I was playing so much in the last few months only on the Iron Curtain Mod that I've forgot how "vanilla" HOI4 looks like XD

Too be honest i've forgotten what HOI4 even looked liek half the time since i haven't played it for almost a year now. If i wasn't so lazy i could reinstall my games on to my new pc, but eh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

More images of ORP Jadwiga, ill do her stats later. Took me while to do the bloody ladders lol. Actually like how shes turning out, reminds me of Verimont.

1601558360-orp-jadwiga-3.jpg

1601558360-orp-jadwiga-2.jpg

1601558361-orp-jadwiga-1.jpg

This is Art! Realy like the super structure. Reminds me to the one on the IJN Mikasa

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

This is Art! Realy like the super structure. Reminds me to the one on the IJN Mikasa

Yeah oddly enough some models look better without the textures ironically enough. Once this kaiju challenge is up ill begin the very long task of UV mapping them (R.I.P) And see if i can find a texturing software that allows UDMI support (i mean should be supporting it by now, but oh well).

Yeah i took cues, from dreadnought-mikasa-nassau-st-louis and a few custom ships.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

More images of ORP Jadwiga, ill do her stats later. Took me while to do the bloody ladders lol. Actually like how shes turning out, reminds me of Verimont.

9dugp7O.jpg

You don't even know how long I was looking at these thinking "Is this a rangefinder?" until I realized what it was Lmao

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HusariuS said:

9dugp7O.jpg

You don't even know how long I was looking at these thinking "Is this a rangefinder?" until I realized what it was Lmao

LOL. Could be a fat and thicc cheap rangefinder if i put some binos on it. Makes me wonder what a 1920's refit would look like and along with a 1945's as well if she somehow survives the war and the bureaucrats. 

Can't wait for the next update and also i can't wait for mod support lol.

• Like 3

And a fat album of images for miss ORP Jadwiga! Didn't even do my kaiju creature lol, oh well i probs won't win the contest but it's taught quite a few things regardless.

1601664928-orp-jadwiga-enhanced.jpg

1601664934-orp-jadwiga-enhanced-5.jpg

1601664932-orp-jadwiga-enhanced-6.jpg

1601664934-orp-jadwiga-enhanced-4.jpg

1601664932-orp-jadwiga-enhanced-2.jpg

1601664933-orp-jadwiga-enhanced-3.jpg

Enjoy! I like the clay rendering as well, very clean and helps with details. Mostly lol, will probs switch over too a different colour.

• Like 5

Didn't do much on ships today, but since i've realised i won't end up winning anything in the challenge decided to not bother.

either way did some basic rust and battle damage on miss ORP Jadwiga, more of a test than anything else.

i'll be doing more shipfu related content over the next few days (work also doesn't help lol).

Enjoy!

1601838241-orp-jadwiga-battle-damaged.jp

1601838447-orp-jadwiga-battle-damaged-2.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Didn't do much on ships today, but since i've realised i won't end up winning anything in the challenge decided to not bother.

either way did some basic rust and battle damage on miss ORP Jadwiga, more of a test than anything else.

i'll be doing more shipfu related content over the next few days (work also doesn't help lol).

Enjoy!

1601838241-orp-jadwiga-battle-damaged.jp

1601838447-orp-jadwiga-battle-damaged-2.

Wooooow. Looks nice! Maybe she rammed another battleship? The effects are beautiful.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Marshall99 said:

Wooooow. Looks nice! Maybe she rammed another battleship? The effects are beautiful.

Yeah, i stumbled upon it by accident. Think it was a good time to start getting some materials done before i texture her fully (as i can use her as a basis on how to UV-map the rest of the vessels i've made so far).

Was making rust and scratches but got dents, damage and scuff marks which look better really.

Just need to tweak some settings.

Might also do animation at somepoint as well.

• Like 1

Spent quite a lot of time on her today, managed to get her wood texture done, ill get the textures for the other bits done later, and ill adjust it for the lifeboats and also make the red metallic texture more paint like and more worn down as well.

But quite happy how shes coming along now.

Enjoy!

1602097730-orp-jadwiga-semi-textured.jpg

1602097735-orp-jadwiga-semi-textured-3.j

1602097731-orp-jadwiga-semi-textured-2.j

1602097734-orp-jadwiga-semi-textured-4.j

Really starting to take shape now, cant wait to finish her now lol.

• Like 4

Here is the yammy-ish ship i am making, called her the Hitachi Class Heavy Battleship.

1602165543-hitachi-class-heavy-battleshi

1602165538-hitachi-class-heavy-battleshi

1602165544-hitachi-class-heavy-battleshi

1602165541-hitachi-class-heavy-battleshi

Very basic atm, got a lot work. But that is IJN Hitachi in her current form with quad 510mm guns. She will also have 162mm triple secondaries, 130mm seocndaries, 100mm secondaries, 75mm HAA and 37mm triple LAA.

Also 520mm belt, ill re-do various parts of the ship later.

• Like 4