Game-Labs Forum

Well, i've been pretty busy with IRL and doing other project, but i managed to do a few extra things for the Von Der Tann class supercruiser!

Sorry for teh wait! Have work tommorrow, but ill focus on both ships this weekend. Stats below.

Von Der Tann Class Supercruiser. (Name changed from Hessen).

Displacement: Full load 38,500 tonnes

Length: 338 metres.

Beam: 38 metres.

Draft: 10.05-12.05 metres.

Propulsion: 12 x 28 Cylinder Vertical Diesel Engines, 6 Vertical Boilers, 3 Electric steam turbine sets. 228,000 SHP.

Speed: 37 knots 42.5mph (Can be pushed to 41 knots for a few hours) 47mph.

Range: 30,000 km or 18,641 miles. At 21 knots 24.1 mph.

Complement: 130 officers, 2452 men.

Armament: 3x3 (9 total) 350mm guns. Secondaries: 2x1 182mm, 10x2 (20 total) 158mm's, 8x2 (16 in total) 120mm's (DP-HAA), 7x1 (14 in total) 88mm flak version 3 (DP-HAA), 42mm quads Flak 16x4 (64 guns total, 4 guns per turret about 16 turrets in total) (DP-MAA), 18x2 22mm Flak autocannons (36 guns in total) (DP-LAA).

Armour: Belt: 305mm main section, 160mm for lighter sections. Deck: Armoured 100mm, Weather 42mm, Splinter deck 20mm. Barbettes: 360mm (Mains), 280mm (Heavier secondaries), 220mm (Lighter secondaries). Turrets: Main guns, 380mm front, 150mm top, 180mm sides, 150mm rear. Conning tower: 305mm, 150mm roof.

Aircraft Carried: 8 Heinkel/Arado, reconnaissance seaplanes (4 folded in storage).

Aviation Facilities: 3 enclosed hangers (could hold more smaller seaplanes planes if needed).

lSxDYVM.jpg

• Like 4

I did a few moar things to her, ill be working on for a bit more today and do some more on that pre-dread as well, then work on me book.

hope you like the images, HDRI rendering is still pretty new to me atm.

fq9Ut0n.jpg

Wi2CTQc.jpg

z0JNy8i.jpg

nefvu5Q.jpg

Once she is uv mapped (oh dear lol.) ill make camos for her as well as the other ships too.

• Like 4

Oh yeah and regarding ships (im currently doing up the Von Der Tann atm), ill do a british supercruiser similar to graf spee. Another pre-dread (really liek modelling those), an american style cruiser (more like cleveland or des memes) and a Battleship.

I'm just doing little features for the von der tann, after which ill do the smoll boats, searchlights, plane/s and anchors.

• Like 3

So i did some moar work on the Volitaire class Battleship, havent done much due to the heat making it very hard to concentrate in. Although ill add the 35mm vicker-maxims, searchlights, ropes, lines and various other things missing from her.

Either way heres a render to enjoy.

RTGBNmV.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

So i did some moar work on the Volitaire class Battleship, havent done much due to the heat making it very hard to concentrate in. Although ill add the 35mm vicker-maxims, searchlights, ropes, lines and various other things missing from her.

Either way heres a render to enjoy.

RTGBNmV.jpg

Beautiful!

• Like 1

Well i did moar stuff, extra railings, hatches, 35mm vicker-maxims, search lights, extra life boutes, some extra features and also decided to render Volitaire and her sisters Victorieux and Guerriere.

All three ships steaming towards the defence of Douarnenez port which is being shelled by an enemy fleet consisting of only two pre-dreads and a few smaller ships.

0Wkkkzv.jpg

tT3XduZ.jpg

PEdP5sH.jpg

• Like 3

Oh and here is the next pre-dread, the contrast between this and the above lol.

U690DN4.jpg

60FKmwL.jpg

l7cmtMA.jpg

I was thinking of going for more circular turrets, but more akin to one of those chinese hats, but flatter. As the second turret option to what you see there. But yeah very basic design atm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cptbarney said:

Oh and here is the next pre-dread, the contrast between this and the above lol.

U690DN4.jpg

60FKmwL.jpg

l7cmtMA.jpg

I was thinking of going for more circular turrets, but more akin to one of those chinese hats, but flatter. As the second turret option to what you see there. But yeah very basic design atm.

Love those super firing secondary turrets :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marshall99 said:

Love those super firing secondary turrets :D

Yeah i got inspired by dis little thing, on shipbucket.

[ img ]

Not mine obviously, but still a pre dread. Although the above won't have as many sec turrets as that does.

http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9766&sid=a7aec67150a67e0f6e27722a55abf86f&start=10

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Hey Barney, in case you are looking for inspiration for future projects - let me know 🙂

Yeah will do, shame about the heat does make concentrating and do anything really hard (its 32 degree C over here ;w;)

On 8/11/2020 at 6:56 PM, Cptbarney said:

Yeah will do, shame about the heat does make concentrating and do anything really hard (its 32 degree C over here ;w;)

I did some very basic sketches on hypothetical refits — here is one of a refitted Baden (Basically a refit inspired by the Schleswig-Holstein Predreadnought) I was keen on trying to model in Blender. Here is the sketch:

Edited by 1MajorKoenig
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

I did some very basic sketches on hypothetical refits — here is one of a refitted Baden (Basically a refit inspired by the Schleswig-Holstein Predreadnought) I was keen on trying to model in Blender. Here is the sketch:

A2B7864E-88C1-425D-9BC2-2F9D29B4A45D.thumb.jpeg.305af56a1b74731ccbff6cfc13380f7a.jpeg

Ahh very nice, after the game boss challenge ill make a ship in blender to get my skills up in that piece of software, since pee ds max wont last forever sadly.

do like the ship however, its pretty cool how accurate you can make things in these programmes, not sure if you can open these models up in fusion and fiddle around with the settings that way, probs not.

Well i did the same for the newer dread and worked on that quite a bit today. At least my nether regions didn't become the next river nile.

m0yMXTx.jpg

kxu5V8B.jpg

QLwIVks.jpg

Haven't figured out stats for her or her name yet nevermind country, but eh that can wait a bit.

• Like 5

Ok, i think im done with the modelling of the Von Der Tann Supercruiser, mainly due to my pc not being able to handle 550k+ polys so well, so ill leave it there for now and do her up once i get my new pc (whenever that is), ill probs start on her for the UV process, but i figure my pre-dreads will be easier (both in terms for my pc and my mental health lol) i havent deicded yet however.

Eitherway, i just quickly slapped some standard surface shaders for the main parts. Enjoy!

Oh and shes a bit shiney, but im still working on lighting and rendering, very fiddly to get right. My just use basic shapes to nail it down. Then on to substance painter. Might also just put the water back to previous iterations, looked better.

kj9BANW.jpg

• Like 3

Well here is a cruiser for once, american style and i've given the class its name the Pittsburg class heavy cruiser, very basic atm.

Also currently shifting all the pieces of the above supercruiser for material id'ing and then finally uv mapping the bloody thing.

This heavy cruiser has 228mm guns.

9qK0TeH.jpg

00Qmz39.jpg

• Like 2

Here are some moar images of the Pittsburg, will use a combo of HDRI and Direct lighting to see how that looks (since it quicker to render than my other projects atm). She would make a good boute for world of wardanks. Going for a 1955-1960 look (or what if scenario thing).

ZVGoNy3.jpg

RIcy6V8.jpg

kxR0ARX.jpg

• Like 2

Here are moar ship images, of Miss pitty-pittsburg (lol). Im really liking the design of her, always wanted to make an american heavy cruiser. Will probs make another and a light cruiser.

ill also do her stats in the post below as its quite a few images!

8EPQF7P.jpg

lpXDcGu.jpg

5d7hLGS.jpg

RLzcje0.jpg

Decided she and her sisters were made around 1958-1962.

• Like 5

Name: Pittsburgh Class Heavy Cruiser.

Builders: Pittsburgh MetalWorks and Shipmakers of Pittsburgh.

In-commission: 1958-????

Planned: 22

Built: 7

Type: Heavy Cruiser.

Displacement: 20,500 Tonnes (Standard), 24,500 Tonnes (Full Load).

Size: 270m's (Length), 34m's (Beam), 8m's (Draft).

Propulsion: 5 shafts, Vertical Electric Turbines, 8 Boilers, 175,000 Shp.

Speed: 35.5knots

Range: 13,500 nmi at 17 knots.

Complement: 105 Officers, 1850 crewmen.

Armament: 12 x 9inch/65 Caliber guns (4x3-229mm), 16 x 132mm/44 caliber guns (8x2), 30 x 3inch/62 caliber guns (18x2-76mm), 14 x 'Burns' 2.2inch/50 caliber guns (7x2-57mm), 20 x 20mm Oerlikon autocannons.

Armour: Main Belt 190mm's, Regular belt 115mm's. Deck 102mm's. Turrets Front: 250mm's, Sides: 140mm's, Top: 105mm's, Rear: 85mm's. Barbettes: 190mm's. Conning Tower: 205mm's.

Battles Total: 16.

Wars Total: 4.

Enjoy!

• Like 2