Game-Labs Forum

2 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Tru, but shes old and fat so her gunz won't be as good as anything more modern.

Might do a more traditional Pre-dread next.

But after a refit, she can be competitive, maybe her speed will remain slow, but on the other hand she receive a better range finder, better guns and voila an excellent secondary built ship. I can imagine her near fjords, where she can engage the targets better. Maybe the draft can be a problem, but I can see the potential in her. Also, the first shot, in WW2, was done by a german pre-dreadnought.

I can't wait for your designs. :)I hope we can build these behemoths in the game too. (Workshop support is needed tho)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

But after a refit, she can be competitive, maybe her speed will remain slow, but on the other hand she receive a better range finder, better guns and voila an excellent secondary built ship. I can imagine her near fjords, where she can engage the targets better. Maybe the draft can be a problem, but I can see the potential in her. Also, the first shot, in WW2, was done by a german pre-dreadnought.

I can't wait for your designs. :)I hope we can build these behemoths in the game too. (Workshop support is needed tho)

Yeah thats true, She is better equipped than most pre-dreads and also faster. Plus she is kinda big so she can afford more upgrades compared to something like a swift-sure class in 1910 or god-forbid 1920 lol.

Shame they don't build light cruisers, cruisers, heavies, supercruisers, BC's and BB's anymore. I think they can still have their place maybe not gun centric but defo missile based (i would still have at least 2 turrets for the bigger ships).

I also hope that we get decent mod support, dunno if assets have to be pre-textured or the game will automatically do it in it's own style or what. Im guessing all have to manually texture and uv-unwrap but the textures are fairly simple so won't take me too long to do.

• Like 1

So i got the Pre-dread re-done and then did a few features for her. Decided to make her Polish not sure what names the polish would of use for any big ships (if they had any at all), so any help in that regards would be nice.

Gonna focus on the kaiju challenge for the rest of today.

1601137598-pre-dread.jpg

1601137598-pre-dread-very-basic.jpg

1601137598-pre-dread-very-basic-2.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cptbarney said:

So i got the Pre-dread re-done and then did a few features for her. Decided to make her Polish not sure what names the polish would of use for any big ships (if they had any at all), so any help in that regards would be nice.

Gonna focus on the kaiju challenge for the rest of today.

1601137598-pre-dread.jpg

1601137598-pre-dread-very-basic.jpg

1601137598-pre-dread-very-basic-2.jpg

Looks very nice 😁 I love the funnel style

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

Looks very nice 😁 I love the funnel style

Based it off mainly the Shikishima class battleship and some other pre-dreads and then made them a bit more modern (or advanced i guess).

Naming convention for this will be interesting as i have no clue what the poles would of used (or cared to use). Ill also finish of the Kos Class Super-Pre Dread as well.

Hope we get a chance to add custom hulls and pieces to this game would be pretty cool.

• Like 1

Oh and look whos back and not fudged up either! 'w'

1601139995-return-of-miss-pitty-pittsbur

1601139988-return-of-miss-pitty-pittsbur

I even failed in my first post lol, Might do more american cruisers i found her quite fun too make (really need to keep better tabs on my projects lol).

Edited by Cptbarney
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Oh and look whos back and not fudged up either! 'w'

1601139988-return-of-miss-pitty-pittsbur

I even failed in my first post lol, Might do more american cruisers i found her quite fun too make (really need to keep better tabs on my projects lol).

Woooow. This ship is so well detailed, like a real model. Love it. We totally need this ship in the game

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Marshall99 said:

Woooow. This ship is so well detailed, like a real model. Love it. We totally need this ship in the game

Thanks! She still isn't finished believe or not, catapults need more work, got to do some little binos and speakers along with doing the lifeboats and rafts, anchors and other bits and pieces i missed out.

Can't wait for mods too be honest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aceituna said:

I think that if we get mods then all the Barney's content will soon require more disk space then the actual game. xd

Most likely lol. I always wondered how they will do it as well, whether it will be split into multiple pieces, whole ships or both.

Wish alpha 9 would hurry up lol.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

I always wondered how they will do it as well, whether it will be split into multiple pieces, whole ships or both.

Well, I don't know if you watched the Stealth17 Gaming's  youtube video with answers from devs.

There was a question ,,Will there be a Steam workshop?'' and they replied that they would like to implement Steam workshop and allow players to create hulls, ship parts etc. through that.

But they said that it would be after full release and only if the game is popular so...

11 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Wish alpha 9 would hurry up lol.

Yeah the time from the announcement of Alpha 9 is already longer then it was normal with older updates. I just hope that they didn't spend the whole time doing the promised features but were also working on some ,,internal'' features (*cough* campaing *cough*).

Edited by Aceituna
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

More images of the super pre-dread kos. Hard to do work when your tired from ya job 😕 oh well. Better than nothing i suppose.

1601233274-greek-new-renders-2.jpg

1601233270-greek-new-renders.jpg

1601233267-greek-new-renders-3.jpg

Okey.....after seeing this ship. I absolutely hope that we will get the modding support. I....I need this ship in the game! (Shut up and take my money meme xd) Look at those secondaries, Jesus! She can vaporise destroyers and cruisers only with her secondaries! And those main batterys! She can fight dreadnoughts too....I mean with upgraded range finders she can. Keep up the good work! :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

Okey.....after seeing this ship. I absolutely hope that we will get the modding support. I....I need this ship in the game! (Shut up and take my money meme xd) Look at those secondaries, Jesus! She can vaporise destroyers and cruisers only with her secondaries! And those main batterys! She can fight dreadnoughts too....I mean with upgraded range finders she can. Keep up the good work! :)

Thanks, lol. Quite fun too make actually. Shes what i imagined if you still went for a pre-dreadnought look and style and function but added somewhat newer tech, in certain areas.

But yeah cheers!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

Love the main battery design. Looks very cool! I like the secondary layout too. Reminds me to the USS Indiana. 

Thanks, i like experimenting with different designs, i usually pick a few ships (at least 3) and take several parts from them to make a new ship design entirely, i might for once actually model the rudder and propellers lol, keep forgetting to do those half the time.

Even if they aren't textured at least i can just quickly put these up as models when the mod support stuff comes along.

The Main guns are just a random design i came up with was thinking about a chinese hat and a gun with a brace like feature on it then combined the two.

• Like 1