Game-Labs Forum

She's Almost done, just need to do the little platform at the back, anchors and those bar things and thats about it for ORP Jadwiga.

Very Proud of her even if she isn't 100% complete yet. Good thing i have the week of next \'w'/

Oh and also do the barrels textures as well.

1602443229-orp-jadwiga-almost.jpg

1602443226-orp-jadwiga-almost-3.jpg

1602443225-orp-jadwiga-almost-2.jpg

1602443228-orp-jadwiga-almost-4.jpg

'w'/

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Oh and also do the barrels textures as well.

Deck tecture sure looks amazing - so very cosy 🥰. I wish we can choose our ships flooring, affecting cost, visibility (option to soot the deck?), accomodation level and, perhaps, some level of prestige) and have option to remove wood panels during wartime to cut repair costs - that would be soo cool!

vwJ7EKUypW2HgZ1xxXn9L8qHsnNXP57Eg6l4HvQp

Srsly though - small detailes makes the ship. Hull names already been mantioned, I hope for some heraldy, ribbons/stars and kill boards one day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronKaputt said:

Deck tecture sure looks amazing - so very cosy 🥰. I wish we can choose our ships flooring, affecting cost, visibility (option to soot the deck?), accomodation level and, perhaps, some level of prestige) and have option to remove wood panels during wartime to cut repair costs - that would be soo cool!

vwJ7EKUypW2HgZ1xxXn9L8qHsnNXP57Eg6l4HvQp

Srsly though - small detailes makes the ship. Hull names already been mantioned, I hope for some heraldy, ribbons/stars and kill boards one day.

Yeah, the texture is actually home-made (so created from scratch basically) surprised how good the quality is especially since i haven't UV mapped it lol (although i can since it won't take much).

I won't be able to get her anchors done today, but since i have like 1-2 weeks off i can get those done and various pipes and things on the sides of hull, which won't take long as my modelling skills in blender have improved with each model.

But yeah hope we get all of those things as well. Still waiting for alpha 9 doe.

• Like 1

Well a few images, i got her rear sorted and also the platform part, ill put a little plaque thing at the back. Did the barrels but forgot to do a close up on them (which is fine as im gonna do more work on them).

Fiddled with the lighting too see if i could get her Rudders up, might try multiple lights next time around.

But yeah close to finishing her off now.

1602529749-orp-jadwiga-profile-view.jpg

1602529750-orp-jadwiga-rear-view.jpg

1602529749-orp-jadwiga-rear-2-view.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Well a few images, i got her rear sorted and also the platform part, ill put a little plaque thing at the back. Did the barrels but forgot to do a close up on them (which is fine as im gonna do more work on them).

Fiddled with the lighting too see if i could get her Rudders up, might try multiple lights next time around.

But yeah close to finishing her off now.

1602529749-orp-jadwiga-profile-view.jpg

1602529750-orp-jadwiga-rear-view.jpg

1602529749-orp-jadwiga-rear-2-view.jpg

She is beautiful! Oh and I see those screw-propellers. Well done! :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

She is beautiful! Oh and I see those screw-propellers. Well done! :)

Yeah i've liked how shes turned out too be honest, only got a few piping stuff to do, then the anchor maybe a few other smaller modelling bits and then texturing the barrels better and maybe the boxes and pipes and she should be done. 

Good thing about sketchfab is that even if i upload her now, i can still update her model indefinitely, just waiting for muh moneh so i can get a subscription and post more than 1 model a month which for portfolios is pretty bad. 

Well i've done the anchor just need to do the chains and other bits for it, then whatever else is left after that which isn't much.

But yeah i gave her an interesting scheme because it looked nice and i thought it would be practical and also helps with the secondaries and tetritary batteries as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cptbarney said:

Well, shes basically done now. Ill see if i have time to upload her today, otherwise ill probs do it tommorrow anyways.

1602604190-orp-jadwiga-front-view-final-

1602604198-orp-jadwiga-close-upview-fina

1602604198-orp-jadwiga-close-up-view-fin

1602604192-orp-jadwiga-top-view-final-fi

1602604200-orp-jadwiga-close-up-view-fin

1602604198-orp-jadwiga-final-first-versi

Need the time to get things right in Both Blender and sketchfab.

Beautiful! I need that turret design in the game. Also those larger secondary turrets are very nice! The lifeboats are well deatiled

• Like 1

Oh regarding miss ORP Jadwiga, i just found out i can install substance painter onto my new pc so...The texturing should be a lot quicker, although i learn't quite a bit in blender. I pretty much have to start again due to me being dumb and creating loads of materials (and not thinking).

Oh well, depending on how much texturing and uv-mapping or remapping i need doing she should be done by tommorrow till saturday.

• Like 2

ORP Jadwiga named after the first queen of Poland is the First ship of her Class the Jadwiga Class Battleship. The Ship class was made in response to the Volitaire Class Battleship from the French Republic navy and also the Herbert Von Bismarck Class battleship from the German Confederation. Famous for her exploits during the Battle of Bornholm (1899) and the Battle of Rugen (1901).

Statistics:

Main Armament: 335mm 2x2. Secondary Armament: 226mm 2x4 Turrets. 1x8 152mm Casemates. Tertiary Armament: 1x16 Casemates.

Armour-Hull: Main Belt: 350mm. Upper Belt: 165mm. Lower Belt: 100mm. Deck: 80mm-Mid, 45mm Fore and Aft. Fore and aft: 50mm’s.

Armour-Turrets: Main Turrets: 365mm F. 205mm S. 125mm R. Secondary Turrets: 285mm F. 150mm S. 85mm R. Casemates: 105mm F/S/R.

Tonnage:

17,500 Tonnes (Full load). 18,950 Tonnes (Deep Load).

Engine: 22 Huta Sopocka Enhanced Boilers. 18,600 IHP. 2 Dual Shafts. 2x Quad Verticle-Expansion Steam Engines.

Speed:

Top Speed: 20 knots. Range: 6800 MI at 12 knots.

Crew: 865.

Current Description of her on sketchfab shes a draft atm so you won't be able to see her just yet.
  • Like 2

On 10/13/2020 at 4:53 PM, Cptbarney said:

Well, shes basically done now. Ill see if i have time to upload her today, otherwise ill probs do it tommorrow anyways.

1602604190-orp-jadwiga-front-view-final-

1602604198-orp-jadwiga-close-upview-fina

1602604198-orp-jadwiga-close-up-view-fin

1602604192-orp-jadwiga-top-view-final-fi

1602604200-orp-jadwiga-close-up-view-fin

1602604198-orp-jadwiga-final-first-versi

Need the time to get things right in Both Blender and sketchfab.

That ship is very beautiful. Its designs like this which would make Uad allot more interesting with custom hulls. I wish I could make this kind of thing in blender myself now that I'm transfering from sketchup.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gangut said:

That ship is very beautiful. Its designs like this which would make Uad allot more interesting with custom hulls. I wish I could make this kind of thing in blender myself now that I'm transfering from sketchup.

Same, i hope we get decent mod support. That way i can make packs of turrets, barrels, hulls, structures, doodads and greeble etc. Maybe even camos as well.

Also the texturing might take longer than i thought, which is fine ill just upload the link when im fully done anyways since i want this to be done well and not rushed.

Shame i couldn't just export what i did in blender straight to sketchfab lol.

• Like 2

Well this will teach me to do this properly lol, so tedious removing all of the materials, just so i can uv map all of the objects then get them into substance (which then i have to test if they are ok, since blender doesn't support UDIM's or does but in a really werid way, which is annoying since 3ds max is soo much simpler).

• Like 2

And well her she is stripped of her materials, I've already UV mapped her hull and superstructure and her funnels, just need to do turrets, barrels, the smoll botes and whatever else actually need UV seems on it (since most will just have a basic bog standard material applied to them).

1602788793-orp-jadwiga-naked.jpg

1602788790-orp-jadwiga-naked-2.jpg

1602788793-orp-jadwiga-naked-3.jpg

• Like 3

Well regarding ORP jadwiga, i am texturing her Ladders and smaller bits first, along with her rudder and shafts, while i sort out some UV issues with the main hull. I will also begin uv mapping the rest of the model (won't take me long compared to the hull which needed more seams than i originally thought).

Either way i did a bit more work on hitachi and will spend another 2hrs modelling parts for her so she isn't so bare and somehow make her arse more squared. (lol)

1602961552-hitachi-bit-of-work.jpg

1602961550-hitachi-bit-of-work-2.jpg

1602961550-hitachi-bit-of-work-3.jpg

Oh and regarding her ill, also uv map parts that i know are done and organise them into groups earlier on so i avoid the pre-dread issues i had, should help to make my work a lot more streamlined and efficient.

The problem with UV mapping is with lots of objects it becomes highly tedious, especially if you want certain parts done in a specific way.

• Like 3