Game-Labs Forum

Port battle transport testing on Peace Server

admin

Port battle transport comes for testing to Peace server today patch

Here is how the item works.

image.png

If you have port battle starting in 5 minutes you can use the item to transport a group of captains to port battle

• Acquire the item
  • Create a group
  • Request the group to click ready
  • Use the item
  • Select the port to transport the ships to
  • Once sent to the port battle your ships will have 300 second invulnerability (and wont be able to attack too - only join battle)

The following requirements must be fulfilled.

• All captains must be in the same port
  • Only group leader who is a member of the clan alliance or clan can use the item
  • Holds of ships can only contain repairs (no trading goods)
  • Ships must be not overloaded
  • Ships must be combat ships (not trading ships)
  • Every group member must click ready button in port

These parameters are set up for testing only and will change for live implementation

• Group size - 5 Players - so Peace server players can try the feature
  • Transport to port battle stops working 30 mins after port battle starts
  • Number of groups that can be teleported to a particular port battle 2
  • Price is set very low in the admiralty to allow testing the feature - once the feature is tested the cost will significantly increase (above 50,000 doubloons)
  • Items will be cleared from storage after test is over.
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Vibrio Cholerae said:

how much would it cost?

1 hour ago, admin said:

Price is set very low in the admiralty to allow testing the feature - once the feature is tested the cost will significantly increase (above 50,000 doubloons)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mikawa said:

@adminPlease rethink this. It discriminates against small clans.

How? You can always just sail there. And also it applies to PB, which means by that point you already won hostility, so you dont race anybody

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Trawn said:

How? You can always just sail there. And also it applies to PB, which means by that point you already won hostility, so you dont race anybody

Is that really a question? Big clans have tons of dubs which means they can teleport easily, small ones who are not that rich must sail, and can be easily screened.

So if i understand it correctly you have two ways to approach a port battle.

1. Approach the port battle through OW without paying doubloons, but risk getting screened out.

2. Approach the port battle through teleporting which gives you 300 second invurnerability, so you have 5 minutes to sail out from the port and decide where to join? 

@admin am i correct? :)

Edited by erelkivtuadrater

5 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

So if i understand it correctly you have two ways to approach a port battle.

1. Approach the port battle through OW without paying doubloons, but risk getting screened out.

2. Approach the port battle through teleporting which gives you 300 second invurnerability, so you have 5 minutes to sail out from the port and decide where to join? 

@admin am i correct? :)

In one of the other threads it stated that you would teleport to where the AI fleets used to join and then would have 5 minutes to join PB from there. X and Y on the map. 

image.png.b97f8a2811d5ef77871e9c05fc94686b.png

Edited by Redman29

Screened ???

you guys read the Headline ?

(Emphasis by JvS)

Btw2: were does it say you can still sail at all on peace server ? If that is possible, why should anybody pay 50K dubs plus at all ?

Most players have their ops spread over the map in PvE anyway, there is no port I could not reach within max 90 mins riskfree (PvE server...) sail w a base cutter and than tow my ship over...

Also: why 2 groups at 50K dubs each ? There is but 1 clan getting the pb....

Edited by Jan van Santen

7 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

Screened ???

you guys read the Headline ?

(Emphasis by JvS)

Btw2: were does it say you can still sail at all on peace server ? If that is possible, why should anybody pay 50K dubs plus at all ?

Most players have their ops spread over the map in PvE anyway, there is no port I could not reach within max 90 mins sail w a base cutter and than tow my ship over...

Also: why 2 groups at 50K each ? There is but 1 clan getting the pb....

what if someone try to go for Philipsburg and might get screened out by the HDF??

but you are right this is a feature mostly for PvP server

20 minutes ago, Nixolai said:

what if someone try to go for Philipsburg and might get screened out by the HDF??

but you are right this is a feature mostly for PvP server

Seriously :) better play Peace server now and then. Is very cool and totally different, very relaxing "single player".

HDF don't aggro anyone.

Edited by Hethwill
  • Like 1

Guess it went to PvE first because it has less influence there and wont aggro the pvp meta "snowflakes".

I would feel honoured. Maybe pve and its community are just consider as nicer place and as more productive rather than counterproductive like pvp server is.

Hope you guys will test it and give feedback. Dont forget its even a convenience feature.

• Like 3

some questions about it:

1. Does it work for defenses against NPC port raids?
2. At the same rules as the battle-entry itself? So can i use it even if i don't own the port, but the owner of the port is on my clan friendlist? (possibly already answered, just want to know it confirmed)
3. What happens to the loot collected in the battle, since they are not repairs?