Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch information

admin

Pls increase time minimum to 40 minutes  in solo patrol its almost unpossible to kill 4 rate + if they have some repairs upgrades and its annoying when they leave battle sinking without armor and structure...

and 0 dmg from this becouse he leave the battle...

Edited by dawn416
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, admin said:

New ships events will always be popular especially if you cannot get them the other way. Now players know they cant get the ship the other way - more will come to the concerts.

The idea to open ships to everyone without any effort does not work for us any more + did we did not receive enough praise in reviews for our previous positive change in the game, we no longer see the point of adding content that people can get without effort. Community can change our mind by not sitting on the fence and leaving a review for our previous work. 

The concept of the event was good.  My only complaint was that EPIC fights should have EPIC loot.   I feel a lot of us felt this way.  The Dianna and SC where fine being epic fights cause you got a chance at a note that you could later turn into any build you want.   The De Ruyter on the other hand felt like we where being shafted.  We had to fight an EPIC ELITE AI and than capture it (without it sinking as I had two that I couldn't get a board on and had to sink with broad side for fear it would sink my ship).   Than after we captured it, it turned out to be extremely crappy builds no where close to what we had just fount.  That or the ever crappy loot, getting semi basic mods drop or just repairs is not good loot.  In any other game when you go do an epic dungeon/boss you get loot to match the fight you just did.   I feel that is one of the biggest problems with this game and how the RNG loot tables work.   That are you have to split what little loot you get between 6 other players and it doesn't split equally so some one gets shafted.  Even worse if you loose a completely decked out ship that cost millions and you get a stupid Swedish d**** PUMP (what I call the pumps I get all the time in loot drops).  I have had over 100 of those pumps at one time in storage, why am I getting basic loot for fighting a high tier ship (like a SOL) or an EPIC or ELITE SHIP?   

Use the event to intro new ships and than put them in the loot tables if you have to.  Though I still think any permit except special rare ships should be able to be bought in the Admiralty shop.  Loot drops should just be a free way to get those permits without paying for them.   Was hoping ya'll used VM's to do something like this allow some permits bought with doubloons, some with CM's and others with VM's so there is more than one means to get them than just RNG loot drop chances and some of the permits are restricted to only certain chest that can be hard for solo players or the basic casuals to get.

19 hours ago, Christian Archer said:

Want to make money? 

On 4/21/2020 at 10:39 PM, Christian Archer said:

You as a developer need to do two things.

If you know so much about game development, why did your sailing game failed and could not get money on  Kickstarter?

What if you are very much wrong about players wishes? Why should someone listen to you and not do the opposite 

Edited by Brig at sea

On 4/22/2020 at 9:58 AM, admin said:

We are stopping responding general forums and only will focus on highy rated and voted posts in the Q&A section.
https://forum.game-labs.net/forum/69-feature-proposals-and-gameplay-help-qa/

the section started working amazingly well right from the first day. Bad or useless ideas are downvoted, we read only real useful proposals. Users immediately see if their AMAZING armchair desiNG is interesting to others or not. We will only respond to top proposals in detail without wasting time on downvoted below average proposals. Users will also not be upset anymore because they will see their amazing ideas are not popular. But we will always respond to popular ones.

We will continue talking in patchfeedback about patches.But only if comments relates to patches.

i see not a good trend in it, if it will really going this way as announced there

That will mean that only wishes of certain player groups will be considered which are most active here in the forum.
And for these the smallest wishes will fulfilled, while for others even important things are not considered anymore.
Many suggestions will not down-vote because they find them bad (even though the downvoters are not affected by these suggetions), but because other ideas will be more useful to them.

Edited by Holm Hansen
  • Like 2

On 4/11/2020 at 2:42 PM, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

But this is new.

Consequences when you don't abide to peace/alliance obligations. That should work. Even your bloody alts don't want to get deranked or get thrown out. As it makes xxx hours playing time worthless. And you won't be able to crew your ships anymore.

Eff this noise.

We already have clans that disregard the rest of the nation and go around striking up accords with foreign nations that only THEY honor, and when someone who doesn't know about their unilateral decision attacks a trader... the complaints start.

We don't need MORE tools for clans to act autocratically, especially with foreign nations. 

Case in point: A clan in Pirate Nation went and told Spain that "Pirates" wouldn't attack any of their trade or players in the OW -unbeknownst to the rest of the nation. We sink a Spanish warship and the whole time the guy is yelling about "the agreement".

Nope. OW is OW... alliances in RVR; maybe, but if they are designed and agreed upon by ALL of the clans in a nation. Otherwise, it's stupid.

where is the update?

i understand that there can be dalys and thats totaly fine, better a working update that one full uf bugs. but it would be great to get that confirmed and maybe even get a new date.

for now its just an update that was promissed until today and didnt come

On 4/22/2020 at 9:58 AM, admin said:

New ships events will always be popular especially if you cannot get them the other way. Now players know they cant get the ship the other way - more will come to the concerts.

The idea to open ships to everyone without any effort does not work for us any more + did we did not receive enough praise in reviews for our previous positive change in the game, we no longer see the point of adding content that people can get without effort. Community can change our mind by not sitting on the fence and leaving a review for our previous work. 

In general -
Sometimes we are wrong, but we have experience in this and having sold 1 mln of copies of various games over last 4 years and having recieved multple awards (www.game-labs.net) we can safely say that on average individual members of the are wrong more often than us
Community as a whole IS ALWAYS RIGHT, but indivudual members are mostly (50% of cases) wrong. So we no longer respond to individual members and will only talk to general community. 

We are stopping responding general forums and only will focus on highy rated and voted posts in the Q&A section.

the section started working amazingly well right from the first day. Bad or useless ideas are downvoted, we read only real useful proposals. Users immediately see if their AMAZING armchair desiNG is interesting to others or not. We will only respond to top proposals in detail without wasting time on downvoted below average proposals. Users will also not be upset anymore because they will see their amazing ideas are not popular. But we will always respond to popular ones.

We will continue talking in patchfeedback about patches.But only if comments relates to patches.

So what you are basically saying there is: "We sold games and you not. So we are right and you are wrong".

Question here: how many of you "experts" devs are actually playing this game? And by playing I mean on a regular base like, well, us players so you know what you are talking about.

And the community are individual players, many individual players create a community. You don't communate, you just do without listenting.

First of all and individual member has to speak up. The community itself can't speak up because for obvious reasons. IT'S LITERALLY ALWAYS AN INDIVIDUAL MEMBER. ALWAYS. But you can bet if ONE member is pointing something out and a bunch of people are agreeing with him, even if it's only by reacting to his post, a huge number of players are thinking the same. So it's literally the mentioned community. But you exclute it from any discussion because it's only a member. And he never sold games.

Btw the majority pointed out exhausting grind and toxic mechanics for years and you ignored them. I know only individual members. But after 100 individual posts you should slowly think about it.

A huge amount of "individual members" demand the long promised Wrecker/De Ruyter but you keep ignoring it. Again.

Just play your own game on a regular base, try to get all the stuff, particibate on all activities. Solo and in a clan and I promise something magical will happen when you read comments of "individual members" again.

And last thing: there are studios out there who sold more then 1 mio copies and they are actually listening to the community. If they introduce something but a great number of players don't like it you can bet they will overwork or even remove it. Just have a look at Crytek. They are really masters of their work, they are part of their own fanbase and they ACTUALLY PLAY THEIR OWN GAMES. They even do live streams. You could still learn alot from them.

Edited by CptEdwardKenway
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, CptEdwardKenway said:

ACTUALLY PLAY THEIR OWN GAMES. 

I like this comment most Kenway. I already responded to it. You think we were able to make a top selling early access release of 2019 (Valve opinion) by driving blind. This is would be a tremendous achievement and you should praise us and bend your knee ;). Its impossible to do anything without playing. And all our actions are focused on raising online and raising retention. Grind is part of it by the way. Its a nature of an MMO. If you want grind free games dont play MMOs.

Thanks

On the feedback issue. We have committed. If individual feedback is great it will be pushed up by the community. 
So we confirm. We no longer read individual posts and will only read this section. 

Previous method gave too much false hopes and dissapointment like "my post was not responded to - bad developers". It also gave too much trouble due to language differences. For example your post might be constructive but i read it as attacking and hostile. I would better read your highly voted feature proposal and i no longer wish to read your opinions on any matter because they are irrelevant to great feature ideas you might have. 

2 minutes ago, Addex said:

You should praise your community for making it to a top selling early access release, no? It goes both ways :)

we already did..just read a couple of paragraphs. And will never stop doing so.. 

Did you miss that thank you note?

We also thanked community for bringing redoutable to global top sellers list. You are probably new judging by your number of posts. 

45 minutes ago, just dead said:

where is the update?

i understand that there can be dalys and thats totaly fine, better a working update that one full uf bugs. but it would be great to get that confirmed and maybe even get a new date.

for now its just an update that was promissed until today and didnt come

We never promise dates and are not on the schedule and will never be. Expect the worst and lower your expectations man. All dates are for estimations only and if we find something important to put to patch we will ship the feature later. They are never late because they are due when they are done not when they are expected.

29 minutes ago, admin said:

We never promise dates and are not on the schedule and will never be. Expect the worst and lower your expectations man. All dates are for estimations only and if we find something important to put to patch we will ship the feature later. They are never late because they are due when they are done not when they are expected.

why even mention 1-2 weeks if you dont know you can guarantee it? it gives false expectations to your customers, atleast if you dont come with an update today atleast be  honest about it and update it with for example "unfortunately the patch isnt ready yet and we hope to have it done next week" thats how you lower people's expectations..

Take it as a review of the main post, and make sure it doesent happen again from now on.

Edited by erelkivtuadrater
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

why even mention 1-2 weeks if you dont know you can guarantee it? it gives false expectations to your customers, atleast if you dont come with an update today atleast be  honest about it and update it with for example "unfortunately the patch isnt ready yet and we hope to have it done next week" thats how you lower people's expectations..

see it from the other side. after an announcement everyone will asks for an expected date. and with your proposed "next week" answer it would be exactly the same. after one week delaying at the latest, nobody will see the word "hope"

I'm waiting too, by the way. But I'm telling myself there will be reasons. why else hold it back and expose to exact these questions?

there are enough examples for releases in due time, which had the "in due time" as only quality feature, i did not mean here.

Edited by Holm Hansen

10 minutes ago, Holm Hansen said:

see it from the other side. after an announcement everyone will asks for an expected date. and with your proposed "next week" answer it would be exactly the same.

I'm waiting, too, by the way. But I'm telling myself there will be reasons. why else hold it back and expose to exact these questions?

there are enough examples for releases in due time, which had the "in due time" as only quality feature, i did not mean here.

why promise a date you cant guarantee an even not update it telling it will take some longer time, but not really sure how long..?

in the company i work for we have given dates customers get their cases solved, if a case takes 3 days to solve even if its friday i wont promise him it will be fixed in 4 hours..

That gives false expectations, customers begin to worry because they dont get as promised, and would MUCH rather have the correct date or even an update instead of calling back and find out they have been given false expectations.. Trust me i've told thousands of customers that my colleague unfortunately have given the false date, and taken the matter with my boss to tell my colleague not to do it again.

Besides reread what i wrote. An example would be Hopefully next week, not It will be done next week as you've read it. These are two completely different promises, yes people would ask again after that next week, but that it doesent take even 2 minutes typing a NEW update that it has been postponed into an ungiven date..

You cant really see it from an other side, Game-Labs promised 1-2 weeks, gives people expectations they cant hold, doesn't update their customers until people start to push on the matter, and then tell people they should lower their expectations, but you cant do that since its coming straight from the game developer..

5 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

why promise a date you cant guarantee an even not update it telling it will take some longer time, but not really sure how long..?

simply because then everyone would have asked for it

6 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

in the company i work for we have given dates customers get their cases solved, if a case takes 3 days to solve even if its friday i wont promise him it will be fixed in 4 hours..

it is in the software industry?

industries that are engaged in problem solving and such cannot forecast exactly when it will happen, even if some do it
not everything happens in a straight line, as is the case when shovelling away some cubic meters of sand (as an illustrative example)

5 minutes ago, Holm Hansen said:

simply because then everyone would have asked for it

Then let people know you dont have an exact date, and let it come as a good surprise rather then a disappointment.

it is in the software industry?

industries that are engaged in problem solving and such cannot forecast exactly when it will happen, even if some do it
not everything happens in a straight line, as is the case when shovelling away some cubic meters of sand (as an illustrative example)

Its actually in one of the worlds largest tele companies. Ill give you an example.

When i speak to a customer that wants fiber optics that doesent have it already installed in his house i know it can take as little as 2 weeks and all the way up to 10 weeks.

Everything about that delivery is set by:

• How long time does it take the post to deliver the required equipment
  • How much work does the technicians have on their hands to make space for an installation
  • Is it required to dig through roads, or can it be running through a telephone post through air.
  • Is it still frozen ground or is it normal soil.

and alot more can be added, but everything has to match.

So what happens if i tell the customer it takes 2 weeks. The customer says thats great and cant wait to get it installed. 2 Weeks pass, the customer hasnt heard anything, of course he hasnt because the technicians has had alot to do in the meantime and also power lines across the area has broken down so instead of installing new products they would have to fix something people already pay for so they get their shit to work.

Customer gets furious because he has been lied to, and dont know what to expect later on from the same company. This can also be related to any software industry.

So this is what happens if it takes up to 10 weeks. The customer says thats okay he expected it to go faster, but already THERE the customers expectations are lowered, and he has got the correct information. Everything goes hand in hand, if he gets it installed in 4 weeks? GREAT he gets an AWESOME Surprise, since he got it delivered 1,5 months before he expected to get it.

Now another twist on this though, the 10th week is here, and surprise surprise, the technician calls the customer, telling that due to complications it might take up to 2 more weeks, because there has been digging in the area and the fiber line has been broken, customer understands the situation and wont have to call us because he knows it could take up to two more weeks.

TLDR; Give correct expecations to customers from what you know you can provide, dont give an expectation you dont know you cant hold atleast without giving an update before the due is up.

1 hour ago, CptEdwardKenway said:

ACTUALLY PLAY THEIR OWN GAMES

They used too and very active too but now in every post about the topic they focus on the past. 2019. Question should be if they currently play NA on a regular basis? 

1 hour ago, Addex said:

But that is one post. You want continuous praise through reviews and here on the forums every time yo release something so why do you not continually praise the community? Why do you belittle them so much?

Your insisting looks like trolling to me. It's not necessary devs continuously thank the community for buying their game. Nobody needs that. What does it give to you or me reading "thanks. thanks again. And tomorrow even more thanks. And a hug. And a bunch of flowers." over and over again? Nonsense.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

Its actually in one of the worlds largest tele companies. Ill give you an example.

When i speak to a customer that wants fiber optics that doesent have it already installed in his house i know it can take as little as 2 weeks and all the way up to 10 weeks.

exactly, in this case it is also calculable in which time period you can have laid how many meters. it is (almost) only influenced by your capacities

as a counter-example ask your customer service colleagues if they can estimate when they will be able to solve e.g. problems with faulty router firmware. possibly with sporadically occurring errors. and their customers almost always expect a prognosis from them as well ....

Edited by Holm Hansen

26 minutes ago, Beeekonda said:

Im struggling identifying new posts at those new Proposal topics. Its like I need to read EVERYTHING over and over again to find new post every time someone proposes something.

Try to use streams

image.png.f38ad629d513597bbe7179f4bb053db6.png

Edited by qw569😳