Game-Labs Forum

>>>Alpha-5 Feedback<<<

Nick Thomadis

23 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Hmm havent ran into problems like that so far with miss trento, i dont think trento had 3 turrets and 2 at back. Think she had 4x2 203’s i believe.

once my pc is free ill see if i can replicate the problems

The best design i could make:

p7NQCf8.png

But that empty space....

2-28874_rage-meme-png-angry-meme-png-tra

Edited by HusariuS
  • Like 4

i don't know if anyone has encountered this, but there definitely seems to be some kind of weird issue going on with very large calibre (i used 18inch) HE shells during plunging fire at long range: sometimes they do Super-Mega damage for no obvious reason, nuking many compartiments (often the entire Bow or Stern especially) in a single hit, about 40% worth of structure damage, and causing fire+flooding in those compartiments. overall it even looks like a detonation but i checked the damage log and it didn't register any detonation.

it's really strange and it doesn't look intended.

in one instance i've nuked from 100% to less than 20% structure an enemy BB of about 48000 Tons in a SINGLE 18 Inch HE salvo from close to 30km away... no detonation, i checked.

The AI had an...interesting design at the stern.

In addition I think being able to shift everything along with ctrl like you can turrets, while leaving the mounting points for the AI might be needed to get some things to work. Like filling those gaps.

What I would like to see is a way of moving the point a which decks drop/step will help us in our designs. Just a point we can drag fore or aft per deck change.

FR BB overhang.jpg

• Like 1

I'm very impressed at how well prepared my enemy was, they even brought a spare turret with them just in case one of the other two got wet, or misplaced. Stuff like this kinda pulls me out of the mood, ya know what I mean?large.screen_1920x1080_2020-03-18_16-50-36.png.81dea75fe94f47fe0bb6e94908514e85.png

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dasHopsili said:

modern light cruiser hulls like this are pretty awful since they allow very little creativity. they have just 1 spot for both main and secondary tower and their weight ofset is so horrible that you cant use 2 front guns on them. also the auto designer creates horribly inblanaced ships with -50% weight instability pretty much making the japanese light cruisers unuseable

Screenshot (76).png

I hate that hull form, its the same one as the battle cruisers, which have the exact same issue.

4 hours ago, madham82 said:

There's being a stable platform for gunnery and there's being stable for sailing in rough seas. If I remember, those IJN cruisers were not stable in rough seas and suffered hull damage. Believe one British naval expert seeing the specs on them mentioned something about them being made of paper or the Japanese were lying about their specs 😁. They also had triple forward turrets. 

The issue was that they were top heavy, they absolutely lied about their specs. This was somewhat addressed during the refit where a lot of aluminium was used.

3 hours ago, madham82 said:

I meant 3 turrets in the forward section, not triple barrels. Is it even possible with the new hulls to get this to work without a huge weight offset?

Yes, use the german modern CL hull, you can get very close to a mogami.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, roachbeef said:

AI has broken BS designs still. And his 13" Mk 4 is somehow 3 times more accurate than my 18" Mk3 at all ranges while he's driving around in circles at full speed. AI is using hax

wtf.jpg

49 knots ???????????????

16" of armor w/ max bulkheads

on 46k displacement?

the 13" guns being more accurate doesnt surprise me thats fire control and radar bonuses at work.

6 hours ago, Hangar18 said:

49 knots ???????????????

on 46k displacement?

the 13" guns being more accurate doesnt surprise me thats fire control and radar bonuses at work.

So a really chunky kleber, basically.

I wonder if we could have settings to allow the AI (after restrictions are put into place) to allow it to go absolutely bonkers to see what mental creations it could come up with?

27 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

So a really chunky kleber, basically.

I wonder if we could have settings to allow the AI (after restrictions are put into place) to allow it to go absolutely bonkers to see what mental creations it could come up with?

16" of armor is 406mm

10 hours ago, Hangar18 said:

49 knots ???????????????

on 46k displacement?

Hmm... would be nice to see stats of the guns on the enemy ship (that way you can work your way back and see which modules were most likely installed).

But Max bulkheads with engine size giving 49 knots.... Maybe warp drive module was installed?

Should not be encountered after hotfix

image.png

Edited by Dirlinger
Additonal info from patch notes

18 hours ago, Accipiter said:

i don't know if anyone has encountered this, but there definitely seems to be some kind of weird issue going on with very large calibre (i used 18inch) HE shells during plunging fire at long range: sometimes they do Super-Mega damage for no obvious reason, nuking many compartiments (often the entire Bow or Stern especially) in a single hit, about 40% worth of structure damage, and causing fire+flooding in those compartiments. overall it even looks like a detonation but i checked the damage log and it didn't register any detonation.

it's really strange and it doesn't look intended.

in one instance i've nuked from 100% to less than 20% structure an enemy BB of about 48000 Tons in a SINGLE 18 Inch HE salvo from close to 30km away... no detonation, i checked.

Yes I witnessed this twice last night. Grabbed an in-game screen shot that I though would show the interface but doesn't. It did capture 3 hits from one of my salvos though. This was HE from Mk3 18"s. Note this is our typical fleeing BB situation and I am doing flooding hits to him with HE. I literally blew him to pieces in about 5 or 6 salvos at this angle. 1st pic is the hits, 2nd shows him just before he sunk for structural. 

screen_1920x1080_2020-03-18_21-18-29.png

screen_1920x1080_2020-03-18_21-18-16.png

Edited by madham82
add 2nd screen

@madham82 the problem is we don't know the thickness of that ships deck extended so if it was really thin that would explain something, otherwise it seems like pen values for AP and HE are the same but damage for HE can be a lot higher, what we need is shell quality, different types of shells and different pen, plus damage rates for the range of shells plus fillers, fuses and propelants.

15 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

@madham82 the problem is we don't know the thickness of that ships deck extended so if it was really thin that would explain something, otherwise it seems like pen values for AP and HE are the same but damage for HE can be a lot higher, what we need is shell quality, different types of shells and different pen, plus damage rates for the range of shells plus fillers, fuses and propelants.

I'll have to play around with some 16"s and 15"s to see if proportional, but I know I was not experiencing the same with 12"s against a BC with much lower armor levels. I literally shot up 200 salvos of HE in the exact same circumstances. I had to close to point blank range to finally finish him off. It just seems the 18"s are way too powerful in terms of HE. 

After some testing I liked the changes, but some issues remain.

The speed-daemons persist. Some crazy 30+knots BBs from early-to-mid 1900s hulls and other equally improbable designs appear from time-to-time.

Also, I've seen again designs with 13" main and 10" secondary. 

|

The damage/penetration model, although improved it again seems...monolithic?

Huge areas are covered by armour and the APs are again under-performing when hitting areas that in theory could penetrate. 

I hope that is fixable (aka the damage model can be made realistic) and not just "re-balanceable".

|

Anyhow, I like that you try to improve things and see the feedback. 

Regards

Yesterday, I had several French super battleships sunk under me by single torpedo ammo detonations.  Today I tried the opposite.  15 destroyers against 1 French battleship.  It took 24  torpedo hits to sink it.  The game's AI cheats.  On top of it, the French battleship was a complete monstrosity.  4 twin turrets forward, 1 aft.  The secodary tower was hanging over the stern.

screen_1920x1080_2020-03-19_12-59-56.png

17 minutes ago, Mike L said:

Yesterday, I had several French super battleships sunk under me by single torpedo ammo detonations.  Today I tried the opposite.  15 destroyers against 1 French battleship.  It took 24  torpedo hits to sink it.  The game's AI cheats.  On top of it, the French battleship was a complete monstrosity.  4 twin turrets forward, 1 aft.  The secodary tower was hanging over the stern.

screen_1920x1080_2020-03-19_12-59-56.png

What kind of torpedo protection did you have if any? I had one my BCs sunk by single torpedo detonation directly amidships, but she had no protection at all so I wasn't as shocked. Meanwhile my DDs slammed 3 into the AIs and didn't even damage the engines. 

BTW that's the same design in Durham Dave's post above. AI design is busted for sure. 

Just some things I've noticed from playing, sorry if they were already mentioned.

First, torpedo tubes on one side don't fire after the other side fires when you turn. Which doesn't make any sense of course. Second, during design when you place turrets on the side of the ship and rotate it the mirrored turret on the other side sin't rotated when it is placed automatically. Very annoying and time consuming to fix. I'm sure it's already a known issue and it's totally just a quality of life thing but yeah. 

Other than that I've noticed on many designs it's hard to place funnels. On the Italian modern BB there's only a few tower/tower placement combos that work with funnels and even then only the first crappiest funnel out of the 3 offered. This is during custom battle btw. I've noticed on other designs too that some towers just don't fit, which I guess is fine if they weren't designed for that hull. But that just goes back to the whole issue of being limited to these historical hulls but whatever I guess. And as someone pointed out barbettes don't always fit, same with turrets.