Game-Labs Forum

>>>Alpha-5 Feedback<<<

Nick Thomadis

10 minutes ago, HusariuS said:

Mission "Cruisers needed" is pretty much... Dumb because the Battleship that we are supposed to protect is designed by the AI and because of this, sometimes its general survivability is lacking in every possible way.

For example now AI build a battleship with 18 knots top speed and without any armor or damage control protection, and i was supposed to protect it.

The problem was that this French battleship, by using it's own 432mm guns (or at least 406mm) destroyed my BB with a just first salvo, and that salvo destroyed his engines, steering and flood like half of compartments, and this French BB didn't even managed to fire the second salvo on my BB.

Fully agreed.

I have restarted it several times and usually BB is destroyed before my BC even reach it. And I am not ordering BB to take fight with the french BB but to run away towards my BCs.

Also sometimes weapons stop firing no matter what. Torpedoes register as launched (ammo goes down) but no torpedoes in water :(

9 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

I think a multi ship design feature along with better customisation and also some other stuff like DD and CL hulls (modern) are needed for missions like that.

I just managed to complete that mission but this was only because my AI designed BB was, strong enough to survive until my cruisers were close enough and started firing their torpedoes.

9 minutes ago, Sideshow said:

I noticed in custom battles the germans never get access to the Scharnhorst style gun turrets for 9" - 12" inch guns. instead they have italian guns. Also noticed that the hulls for Warrior and Emden have treaty tonnage limits.

I'm pretty sure that Scharnhorst/Deutschland style main turrets are not yet added to the game.

6 minutes ago, HusariuS said:

I just managed to complete that mission but this was only because my AI designed BB was, strong enough to survive until my cruisers were close enough and started firing their torpedoes.

Same here. This reminds me of Prove your might mission where mission difficulty could go either way based on your luck. Last time the BB was minimally damaged and torpedoes worked as they should.

image.thumb.png.dd3762ce8c7146de9f25cd522036448e.png

I think there should be a compromise regarding 16 inch guns and the barbettes they are attached to.  Right now the British style mark 3 16 guns don't exactly fit on the Barbette and because of the size of the barbette it causes issues for the 3rd turret. However the standard and tall barbettes seem to appear as if they can hold an 16 inch turret but just can't. I understand if the role of the huge barbette is to hold guns >16, but I believe it would be great to add a tall(huge) superimposed barbette which ascetically is slightly thinner for 16 inch guns to make it less cumbersome for British designs like the Nelson class.   

image.png

Edited by ThatOneBounced
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, ThatOneBounced said:

image.thumb.png.dd3762ce8c7146de9f25cd522036448e.pngI think there should be a compromise regarding 16 inch guns and the barbettes they are attached to.  Right now the British style mark 3 16 guns don't exactly fit on the Barbette and because of the size of the barbette it causes issues for the 3rd turret. However the standard and tall barbettes seem to appear as if they can hold an 16 inch turret but just can't. I understand if the role of the huge barbette is to hold guns >16, but I believe it would be great to add a tall(huge) superimposed barbette which ascetically is slightly thinner for 16 inch guns to make it less cumbersome for British designs like the Nelson class.   

image.png

Fully agree with you. 

55 minutes ago, HusariuS said:

I completed it using the boost tech thing and miss terrible (lol) being very bad with aiming apprently (except my poor cruisers). I managed to torp her with 9 23inch torps.

Shame that my Supercruiser designs are kinda useless even if they have good armour and a decent main armamment they do nothing to the french Super BB (although that should be expected but still).

Either way Colombo managed to sail away at a happy 80% and miss terrible is now a new reef for the fish.

I just built a Frech modern battleship with maximum displacement.  I had good torpedo, flooding defense and a thick belt.  It took one torpedo midships from a Russian cruiser and it blew up.  I knew that they said that ammo detonations were possible with torpedos. This was very unexpected.

2 minutes ago, ThatOneBounced said:

Definitely enjoying the new damage model so far, seems a vast improvement since the first release of alpha 4. Only gripes so far is with the N3/G3 hull which its tower mounts make it pretty difficult to recreate the Nelson class where its main structure is further aft.

Yes, new damage system is much much better compared to previous Alphas.

1 hour ago, arkhangelsk said:

Suspected torpedo launching bug

UADa4v68_20200317_225710.thumb.png.eb9da2d212eaa45ba4dedbc16e5de9e4.png

Torpedoes expended: 15

Number of torpedoes visible: 1. What happened to all the others?

Experienced the same bug. Ammo count goes down but torpedoes are not there (as in not just not rendered, but simply not there).

43 minutes ago, Mike L said:

I just built a Frech modern battleship with maximum displacement.  I had good torpedo, flooding defense and a thick belt.  It took one torpedo midships from a Russian cruiser and it blew up.  I knew that they said that ammo detonations were possible with torpedos. This was very unexpected.

Definitely sounds like a bug to me. If you had any type of torpedo protection, it should virtually eliminate main magazine detonations because of the spacing it creates. I think everyone came to an agreement there are no examples of this IRL with capital ship torpedo protection. CA, CL, and DD should be the ones vulnerable to this. 

1 minute ago, Dirlinger said:

Experienced the same bug. Ammo count goes down but torpedoes are not there (as in not just not rendered, but simply not there).

I think this bug existed before alpha-5. I saw a few examples of this before, always seemed to be the first salvo showed only 1 or even no visible torpedoes. Maybe it is worse now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, madham82 said:

Definitely sounds like a bug to me. If you had any type of torpedo protection, it should virtually eliminate main magazine detonations because of the spacing it creates. I think everyone came to an agreement there are no examples of this IRL with capital ship torpedo protection. CA, CL, and DD should be the ones vulnerable to this. 

I think this bug existed before alpha-5. I saw a few examples of this before, always seemed to be the first salvo showed only 1 or even no visible torpedoes. Maybe it is worse now. 

Does torp protection extend to the bow and aft of a ship? Or does it conincide with the armour scheme? Just wondering since it could of hit the aft or bow of a ships turret magazines and made her go boom.

might have to do moar testing i.e. excuse to play the game more lol.

4 minutes ago, madham82 said:

This time definitely the torpedoes were not being fired entire session. I experienced it at least twice right after each other.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cptbarney said:

Does torp protection extend to the bow and aft of a ship? Or does it conincide with the armour scheme? Just wondering since it could of hit the aft or bow of a ships turret magazines and made her go boom.

might have to do moar testing i.e. excuse to play the game more lol.

Will have to leave it to the experts to confirm, but torpedo protection usually extended along the main armor belt. The bow and stern would definitely be vulnerable, but you also wouldn't have main armament (and main magazines) in those sections. So I could buy a secondaries magazine being in the bow or stern sections, but that wouldn't incinerate the ship like a main hit (like the OP described).  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, madham82 said:

Will have to leave it to the experts to confirm, but torpedo protection usually extended along the main armor belt. The bow and stern would definitely be vulnerable, but you also wouldn't have main armament (and main magazines) in those sections. So I could buy a secondaries magazine being in the bow or stern sections, but that wouldn't incinerate the ship like a main hit (like the OP described).  

Hmm i know it was 3 torps but barham sunk due to a magazine explosion, plus lots of water. By 21inch torpedoes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Barham_(04)

Read after the second world war section.

Although, something like that should be very rare.

1 minute ago, Cptbarney said:

Hmm i know it was 3 torps but barham sunk due to a magazine explosion, plus lots of water. By 21inch torpedoes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Barham_(04)

Read after the second world war section.

Although, something like that should be very rare.

Fires spread to the magazine minutes after the torpedo hits, possibly because it rolled over first. So not the same instant kill like happened to the OP. Fires spreading to the magazine are the greatest threat to detonating and currently aren't modeled. I really want them to implement this at some point because it makes damage control that much more vital. 

• Like 1

Tomorrow we plan to offer hotfix including the following:

- Fixed problems with 7-inch guns of USA/Britain ships.
- Fixed a german funnel that had no name text.
- Fixed hull issue of new Italian Battleship that did not had enough space for some secondary towers.
- Battlecruisers hull limitations tuned so that they cannot exceed easily the 40 knots speed.
- Minor costs rebalance (fixes some issues in several missions of too few funds for good designs or enough ships making auto-design to not find enough funds to add necessary guns or speed).
- Resize of some early small guns to fit better on battleship hulls (according to feedback).

We might also be able to fix a rare reported issue of torpedoes (not all launching as they should) but this might be risky, and can be postponed for next patch.
Please keep reporting, good or bad, so we can include more if possible.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much for adding the Warrior's hull...but there's an issue. We can't actually recreate Warrior.

Image result for hms warrior 1905

The above is one of Warriors sisters (I think Achilles but that's not important). Trying to get the forward 9 inch (9.5 but we don't have those soooo), they overlap with the hull if you rotate them forward. Also, trying to add the secondary armament of 7 inch (7.5 but see what I said about the 9.5's above), you can't get them to place as they too overlap with the guns.

(Because they decided to upload in a weird order, the second image is of the forward wing 9 inches, 1'st, 3'rd and 4th are the 7 inch gun placements)

screen_1920x1080_2020-03-17_12-12-48.thumb.png.ee5503d7cee48131debc478d60f0469c.pngscreen_1920x1080_2020-03-17_12-12-06.thumb.png.e4ca1117780069a30e4ea47b8b276613.png

screen_1920x1080_2020-03-17_12-12-51.thumb.png.18831f06615824712c427462868629af.pngscreen_1920x1080_2020-03-17_12-12-49.thumb.png.1d72e32883daf2547f2552e80acb7a64.png

I really love you added Warrior, again. Recreating these WWI era cruisers (WWI Era ships in general, really) we don't see elsewhere is the main reason I play this. Seeing real ships of old is the appeal to me....but Warrior feels half-assed.

On a related note.... Any chance we'll see parts to recreate SMS Scharnhorst?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Illusive Tabby said:

Thank you so much for adding the Warrior's hull...but there's an issue. We can't actually recreate Warrior.

Image result for hms warrior 1905

The above is one of Warriors sisters (I think Achilles but that's not important). Trying to get the forward 9 inch (9.5 but we don't have those soooo), they overlap with the hull if you rotate them forward. Also, trying to add the secondary armament of 7 inch (7.5 but see what I said about the 9.5's above), you can't get them to place as they too overlap with the guns.

(Because they decided to upload in a weird order, the second image is of the forward wing 9 inches, 1'st, 3'rd and 4th are the 7 inch gun placements)

screen_1920x1080_2020-03-17_12-12-48.thumb.png.ee5503d7cee48131debc478d60f0469c.pngscreen_1920x1080_2020-03-17_12-12-06.thumb.png.e4ca1117780069a30e4ea47b8b276613.png

screen_1920x1080_2020-03-17_12-12-51.thumb.png.18831f06615824712c427462868629af.pngscreen_1920x1080_2020-03-17_12-12-49.thumb.png.1d72e32883daf2547f2552e80acb7a64.png

I really love you added Warrior, again. Recreating these WWI era cruisers (WWI Era ships in general, really) we don't see elsewhere is the main reason I play this. Seeing real ships of old is the appeal to me....but Warrior feels half-assed.

On a related note.... Any chance we'll see parts to recreate SMS Scharnhorst?

This is a known issue that we could not address in this patch, but we will in the next one. When we fix, it is going to repair all related issues found in other hulls too. Thank you for reporting.

• Thanks 2

Overall I like the new update and have been experimenting with various weird cruiser designs. however when I tried for a Carmania vs Cap Trafalgar scenario in custom battles (1 transport vs 1 transport) and loaded the designer, weird things begun to happen and well below is what happened. I should note it's impossible to leave the designer via exit when this happens. Ctrl-Alt-Delete is the only solution to escape, atleast for now.

Screenshot (75).png

5 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

This is a known issue that we could not address in this patch, but we will in the next one. When we fix, it is going to repair all related issues found in other hulls too. Thank you for reporting.

Any chances on giving the N3/G3 ships some tower mounts further back as well?

Also want to add the the AI designed cruisers are slightly broken, they have battleship grade armor (15inches) but only 6 inch guns. there seems to be a mismatch in  order of importance for cruisers. 

Edited by ThatOneBounced
  • Like 1