Game-Labs Forum

>>>Alpha-5 Feedback<<<

Nick Thomadis

1 minute ago, Hangar18 said:

Its the entire hull shape, it doesnt work as a modern cruiser in japan either.

Hmm, me thinks hull widening and lengthing options could help, maybe in alpha 6 or 7.

Ill check later on if theres stuff like this in al the missions.

We just deployed a hotfix including the following.

HotFix v70
- Fixed problems with (Mark 5) 7-inch guns of USA/Britain ships.
- Fixed a german funnel that had no name text.
- Fixed hull issue of new Italian Battleship that did not had enough space for some secondary towers.
- Repaired hull issues of Italian Heavy Cruiser III.
- Battlecruisers hull limitations tuned so that they cannot exceed easily the 40 knots speed.
- Minor costs rebalance (fixes some issues in several missions of too few funds, making auto-design to not find enough funds to add necessary guns or speed).
- Resize of some early small guns to fit better on battleship hulls (according to feedback).
- Auto-Design should build more powerful ships often, with multiple and heavier guns.
- Fixed bug when choosing to start custom battle only with transports.

Restart your launchers to download and enjoy!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Bug with IJN Modern Secondary Tower I & II

This is how IJN Mod Sec Tow I looks like:

NDuESBx.png

And this how IJN Mod Sec Tow II looks like:

PjzhbIa.png

As you can see, the second version lacks few things while being "more advanced":

- Lack of fire directors for light AA guns on each side nearby light reflectors,

- Lack of bridge for the officers,

The bug occurs on every IJN hull, academy missions with those towers and in custom battles.

Played Beautiful graphic quality.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HusariuS said:

Yes, I just installed hotfix.

Well the towers do seem different thats for sure. Im not sure if it is a bug however, but they could ad more stuff to the tower even if it doesn’t actually change anything mechanical wise.

• Like 1

modern light cruiser hulls like this are pretty awful since they allow very little creativity. they have just 1 spot for both main and secondary tower and their weight ofset is so horrible that you cant use 2 front guns on them. also the auto designer creates horribly inblanaced ships with -50% weight instability pretty much making the japanese light cruisers unuseable

Screenshot (76).png

40 minutes ago, dasHopsili said:

modern light cruiser hulls like this are pretty awful since they allow very little creativity. they have just 1 spot for both main and secondary tower and their weight ofset is so horrible that you cant use 2 front guns on them. also the auto designer creates horribly inblanaced ships with -50% weight instability pretty much making the japanese light cruisers unuseable

Screenshot (76).png

Not every modern cruiser was at least having two turrets at the front of the ship.
For example:

Königsberg-class

Leipzig-class

It really depends on the hull.

Besides, some ships in reality didn't have best stability, if I'm not mistaken, Takao-class cruisers and Mogami-class cruisers suffered from instability of the hull (it was later repaired in some way but I do not remember how they did it).

Edited by HusariuS

43 minutes ago, HusariuS said:

Not every modern cruiser was at least having two turrets at the front of the ship.
For example:

Königsberg-class

Leipzig-class

It really depends on the hull.

Besides, some ships in reality didn't have best stability, if I'm not mistaken, Takao-class cruisers and Mogami-class cruisers suffered from instability of the hull (it was later repaired in some way but I do not remember how they did it).

There's being a stable platform for gunnery and there's being stable for sailing in rough seas. If I remember, those IJN cruisers were not stable in rough seas and suffered hull damage. Believe one British naval expert seeing the specs on them mentioned something about them being made of paper or the Japanese were lying about their specs 😁. They also had triple forward turrets. 

2 minutes ago, madham82 said:

There's being a stable platform for gunnery and there's being stable for sailing in rough seas. If I remember, those IJN cruisers were not stable in rough seas and suffered hull damage. Believe one British naval expert seeing the specs on them mentioned something about them being made of paper or the Japanese were lying about their specs 😁. They also had triple forward turrets. 

Triple turrets were used only by the Mogami-class before they were rearmed to 5xII 203mm Turrets instead of 5xIII 155mm.

Yep, but they managed to repair that stability later in the war.

3 minutes ago, HusariuS said:

Triple turrets were used only by the Mogami-class before they were rearmed to 5xII 203mm Turrets instead of 5xIII 155mm.

Yep, but they managed to repair that stability later in the war.

I meant 3 turrets in the forward section, not triple barrels. Is it even possible with the new hulls to get this to work without a huge weight offset?

2 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Why is she broken? I know you cant fit the fat funnel at the back. Thats the only problem i’ve had.

Using best towers possible, you might encounter trouble with weight offset, unless you don't mind having only two main turrets.

At least I was having problems with her weight offset so maybe i'm just broken.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HusariuS said:

Using best towers possible, you might encounter trouble with weight offset, unless you don't mind having only two main turrets.

At least I was having problems with her weight offset so maybe i'm just broken.

Hmm havent ran into problems like that so far with miss trento, i dont think trento had 3 turrets and 2 at back. Think she had 4x2 203’s i believe.

once my pc is free ill see if i can replicate the problems