Game-Labs Forum

>>>Alpha-5 Feedback<<<

Nick Thomadis

I fully agree with the sentiment above, especially when it comes to the new CLs. Good luck getting torpedoes on the broadside if you want anything like a continuous superstructure. Hell, some hulls can't even fit the second tower model. Another thing I'd like to add is: Since CLs and CAs are distributed slightly differently (And the identification of CL vs. CA is not in accordance to the London treaties anyways), I'd suggest adding 8" guns to CL hulls, along with improving the potential armor to 6" maximum (Otherwise even DD-caliber guns can easily penetrate the main belt). This could go along with letting DDs mount twin 6" guns (Kriegsmarine and Marine Nationale had 6" and 5.5" weapons respectively) Anyways, great work on the models, but my other thought is that there should be a full flush deck variant of many of the ships in the game to help with building (Along with the additions of mounts for the bridge farther back on many models, especially the modern IJN ones. Plus, the fact US modern BCs can not mount 5" guns due to scaled-down bridges is quite saddening. But that is for me ranting about the improvements I'd like to see, keep up the great work. I've been having a lot of fun in the game so far.

Prove your Might Mission is broken. Despite many different builds, cannot complete due to low accuracy of main caliber weapons even with main guns researched. It is not fun to be ammo detonation every 5th try or see your DD's get picked off before they can even help. In custom battles DD's are much harder to hit. In this mission, enemy has OP accuracy making the mission not very fun at all. Please re-balance, 7 hours on a single mission is ridiculous.

I have tried conventional builds, forward all builds... Cannot build BC strong enough or accurate enough to complete.

Please balance or turn off some random happenings for a better play through.

OR... give some tips?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TravisBartlett said:

Prove your Might Mission is broken. Despite many different builds, cannot complete due to low accuracy of main caliber weapons even with main guns researched. It is not fun to be ammo detonation every 5th try or see your DD's get picked off before they can even help. In custom battles DD's are much harder to hit. In this mission, enemy has OP accuracy making the mission not very fun at all. Please re-balance, 7 hours on a single mission is ridiculous.

I have tried conventional builds, forward all builds... Cannot build BC strong enough or accurate enough to complete.

OR... give some tips?

Try by using my design:

On 3/3/2020 at 6:30 PM, HusariuS said:

Ships of Victory - Prove your Might.

With my 13 attempt... i finally managed to do it!

2I9QwtP.png

KBeFY6t.png

I won with this design by choosing Main Guns of Lower Caliber & QF, many number of secondaries guns and thick armor.

Instead of trying to win at long range, i've told to myself "f**k it!" and decided to punch him with my Sword.

And i did it.

lol

7 hours ago, HusariuS said:

Try by using my design:

I like this design and took a somewhat similar appraoch.

19 hours ago, TravisBartlett said:

OR... give some tips?

Keep the DDs close to your boat as long as possible, then when they start taking shots, pop smoke, and alter course of your flag ship and the DDs. During this time, focus fire the cruiser. They will attempt to sink your flagship, in the meantime have the DDs try and get around their main guns, and push a torpedo attack. You really have to land these.

Killing, or forcing the cruiser to retreat is super important, hes the biggest threat to your DDs, and those are your only chance.

On 4/6/2020 at 3:44 AM, HusariuS said:

Try by using my design:

Just curious: was it not possible to get rid of the fore weight offset, or was doing that producing some other, worse result?

When it comes to my main guns, I HATE having them blocked in rotation and/or field of fire by another turret. I'd have been tempted to move the fore turret further forward to free its field of fire, if not also allowing full rotation, then balance by moving the aft-most turret further aft as well.

Chances are whatever increase occurs due to increased pitch value would not be as bad as the existing 2.2 Fore Weight penalties. Even if it were as bad, you end up with the same penalty but improved firing angles (and potentially 360 rotation, which I like to have).

At the same time, might also be able to shift the deck mounted forward secondary turrets back a bit, but perhaps they'd overlap with the superstructure.

Not that it matters, I just find playing around with weight distribution while managing optimum fields of fire and full 360 rotation something I do at the end.

Cheers

4 hours ago, Steeltrap said:

Just curious: was it not possible to get rid of the fore weight offset, or was doing that producing some other, worse result?

When it comes to my main guns, I HATE having them blocked in rotation and/or field of fire by another turret. I'd have been tempted to move the fore turret further forward to free its field of fire, if not also allowing full rotation, then balance by moving the aft-most turret further aft as well.

Chances are whatever increase occurs due to increased pitch value would not be as bad as the existing 2.2 Fore Weight penalties. Even if it were as bad, you end up with the same penalty but improved firing angles (and potentially 360 rotation, which I like to have).

At the same time, might also be able to shift the deck mounted forward secondary turrets back a bit, but perhaps they'd overlap with the superstructure.

Not that it matters, I just find playing around with weight distribution while managing optimum fields of fire and full 360 rotation something I do at the end.

Cheers

I like when my ships look beautiful.

So yes, you can get rid of that 2.2% fore weight offset.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HusariuS said:

I like when my ships look beautiful.

So yes, you can get rid of that 2.2% fore weight offset.

I might see if i can get pudding to rekt liquid biscuits again.

i wonder if london or other heavies will come in alpha 8 or 9?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

I reckon the forum will explode again when alpha 6 arrives. Hoping its a fat update, as fat as miss california herself.

Nah, this forum has 'council' and 'conversation', other forums have posts popping every second, threads every minute, new pages every hour, after a day its all lost in time.

Here, we can always be part of the status-quo, its good.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Skeksis said:

Nah, this forum has 'council' and 'conversation', other forums have posts popping every second, threads every minute, new pages every hour, after a day its all lost in time.

Here, we can always be part of the status-quo, its good.

True, the weegee forums are filled to the brim with...um...interesting posts half the time. Plus last time when alpha was still intransit the forum was close to exploding (in its own way of course) was pretty active, so im guessing it will be the same or probs a little more hectic this patch.

Especially if custom battle saves, AI design saves, enhanced design and HE nerf and AP buffs are up on the table.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having a blast so just a few ideas to make a great game that has awesome potential even better.

To and add to my previous suggestions of a few tiny crew spites in the towers and survivors in lifeboats, ability to set up weather conditions and location ie Mediterranean, Atlantic ,North sea or icy waters. Would also like to watch the last ship go down and have an after action report  also would be great to see players being allowed to upload ship designs to the steam workshop or developer providing them. It would be awesome to be able to select real historical ships with accurate stats from Jutland ie HMS Queen Mary or HMS Black Prince for custom battles.