Game-Labs Forum

Premise: I know it would be better to not be me starting such a thread.
On the other hand I think it's quite clear I'm keeping raiding on different ships from LRQ by months with more or less the same efficiency.
So no: my personal gaming would not change at all with any change to LRQ.

Question: does any LRQ value get changed (again) in last days?

The weird question comes out from @huliotkd's and mine clear sensation about LRQ being even more clumpsy than in last months: tack high speed loss even under very soft manual sailing, very slow turning.

It's just to know.

That said, IMO, LRQ got nerfed so many time, directly and indirectly that she's barely an usable ship and I'd like to know why granted she was finely balanced just before release. Quite senseless having a crappy DLC (not to speak about being only redeemable).

Suggestion: reworking all close hauling ships (LRQ, Prince, schooners...) profile getting back to a more realistic top speed at beam/broad reach as in reality I think would solve the balancing issue of these "trolling" ships.

15 minutes ago, Djakary said:

I seen Requin used frequently

in pb's

in shallow group battles

hunting trade ships in the open sea

For a ship that can leave a battle at any given time her performance seem ok. 

Le Requin is no more a ship that can leave battles at will. Lynxes and Privateers are better upwind sailors, since the beginning. Now, Princes are way better than Requins, ans they are more dangerous than 7th rates.

A group of light ships including Snows and Princes can probably sink any LRQ.

Xebec are now what they were in Mediterranean Sea, fast trader hunters. They are used in PB because of the 32 pound carronades, but now Snows and Niagara's can take their place as point takers, with advantage of lower BR.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

Le Requin is no more a ship that can leave battles at will. Lynxes and Privateers are better upwind sailors, since the beginning. Now, Princes are way better than Requins, ans they are more dangerous than 7th rates.

How many battles do you see Lynxes?, and how many stern shots with chain would it take to destroy lynx sails.. same with privateer, if Requin already has advantage of being upwind neither lynx or privateer will stop it from escaping.

Specially if Requin is 15.5 upwind...

Requins always were and still is uncatchable unless mistakes are made.

Snow and prince might be more dangerous but that doesn't make Requin "barely usable". 

Edited by Djakary

12 minutes ago, Djakary said:

How many battles do you see Lynxes?, and how many stern shots with chain would it take to destroy lynx sails.. same with privateer, if Requin already has advantage of being upwind neither lynx or privateer will stop it from escaping.

Snow and prince might be more dangerous but that doesn't make Requin "barely usable". 

A privateer is far more nimble and far faster than LRQ right now (granted similar fitting level) - as it was in the past (even if not at such degree).

I used to hunt LRQs with a lone Priv... BEFORE RELEASE, when she was far better than now. Just to give an idea.

Not to say that same BR a you can field 3 Privateers vs 1 LRQ: and the LRQ will die. Badly.

I rarely liked the Prince, still interesting ship if properly handled (like anyone).

Snow is FAR superior hunter. It was with 6pd longs... now with 32carros is simply totally OP.

Edited by Licinio Chiavari
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Djakary said:

I am using privateers and Lynxes against Requins since the beginning.

Since release, I have 25 PVP kills in Lynx, traders Lynx and Privateers. Yes, these ships are really good PVP options.

I just finished my "Traders Lynx challenge", i.e. the tour of all towns of the map (getting close enough of each port to see the name of the port written on OW), without being caught, ending with 9 PVP klills. I would have done better with a Lynx, which is far better (but less challenging).

Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

I am using privateers and Lynxes against Requins since the beginning.

Since release, I have 25 PVP kills in Lynx, traders Lynx and Privateers. Yes, these ships are really good PVP options.

I just finished my "Traders Lynx challenge", i.e. the tour of all towns of the map (getting close enough of each port to see the name of the port written on OW), without being caught, ending with 9 PVP klills. I would have done better with a Lynx, which is far better (but less challenging).

Good old times. Approx 1+ year ago I'd bet.

Still aside Casanova, no good LRQ cpts there :)

That said a Lynx is very underperforming vs a Privateeer. It has a meaning BEFORE Privateer buffs (profile mainly) 2 years ago.
Now a Privateer is far better in any respect.

6 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

I am using privateers against Requins since the beginning.

That video kind of confirms what I just wrote...., there's a reason Casanova got away..

Edited by Djakary

5 minutes ago, Djakary said:

I think problem is that some ships were given 32 pounders, that shouldn't have them. 

That's a point. And among unrated ships the only one being repeatly hit with (even huge) nerfs is the LRQ.
As pointed in the premise: not a problem for my farming or my PvP in general. I'm not using regularly LRQ by a long time. Still I know LRQ very well, so I know what she can do, not do... and how usuable competitively is.

I simply point an OP ship (as released) getting fair (with big pros and big cons) pre-release, nerf after nerf (direct or indirect) is now reduced to a definately sub-par ship.
While other ships already very competitive (still with pros and cons) like Snow got even buffed.
Or others that were subpar (like the Essex) were left in a limbo making them in the end un-usable.

1 hour ago, Djakary said:

...many stern shots with chain would it take to destroy lynx sails...

It's far easier to push a privateer to 16kn than a requin. Furthermore as privateer & lynx you will have area control and you don't will need to sail behind the requin. Area control allows a whole other method of chasing someone. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, z4ys said:

It's far easier to push a privateer to 16kn than a requin. Furthermore as privateer & lynx you will have area control and you don't will need to sail behind the requin. Area control allows a whole other method of chasing someone. 

For the traders Lynx challenge, I used a Bermuda/Bermuda very fast traders Lynx, with navy hull refit, pirate rig refit.

TLynx is more than one knot slower than Lynx. I reached 16 knots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

You can probably keep the Req in battle, if that is what you are aiming for. Because of control perk, sure. But to actually catch it, slow it down and finally kill it is really difficult against a good Requin captain. I'll correct myself from "uncatchable" to almost "uncatchable. Personally i wouldn't spend 1 h+ in battle to hunt down a Requin, but for those dedicated to the cause...

Anyway, catchable or not I do not believe Requin should be buffed. 

Don't "fix" a problem by creating another. Requin are one of the most difficult ships to balance properly, now she is in a decent state.

Edited by Djakary
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Djakary said:

You can probably keep the Req in battle, if that is what you are aiming for. Because of control perk, sure. But to actually catch it, slow it down and finally kill it is really difficult against a good Requin captain. I'll correct myself from "uncatchable" to almost "uncatchable. Personally i wouldn't spend 1 h+ in battle to hunt down a Requin, but for those dedicated to the cause...

Anyway, catchable or not I do not believe Requin should be buffed. 

Don't "fix" a problem by creating another. Requin are one of the most difficult ships to balance properly, now she is in a decent state.

Too clumpsy for her size.

5 hours ago, Sea Archer said:

The requin has a much higher crew compared to the other fore and aft rigged ships, so there should be some downside. It cannot be the fastest, best turning and most crewed ship at the same time. DLC or not.

Licinio needs all the help he can get when hes sinking trader brigs in front of kpr 🙂

• Like 2

LRQ having a long profile should make her less agile. While it is still broken with 0-100km/h in 3 seconds.

I think it is a more proper ship now, still op due to it being a 6th rate with 250 base crew and 32 pounders. Can sail near Privateer fleets and keeps farming newbies.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Potemkin said:

Licinio needs all the help he can get when hes sinking trader brigs in front of kpr 🙂

Trolling requires brain. Definately it's better you change activity.

I came to KPR in LRQ 1 time in more than 1 year.
Try again.

And rarely tagging traders: only if nothing more interesting is found.
Try again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

LRQ having a long profile should make her less agile. While it is still broken with 0-100km/h in 3 seconds.

I think it is a more proper ship now, still op due to it being a 6th rate with 250 base crew and 32 pounders. Can sail near Privateer fleets and keeps farming newbies.

just the noob of the noob doesnt know to run downwind.