Game-Labs Forum

Quard gun turret?

Zacplin

2 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

I used to be a TeamNF Serverhead on the NF EU Hood server. Good times...

And I used to be a naughtiest Flash-Shooter of All Four NFServers (ASIA/NA/EU/RU) "iNuke" from RU Server. Good old times 😂

• Like 1

When they come I hope they are corectly implemented and you can have the as two twin turrrets glued together with perfect redundancy of all systems; These 2500T turrets were something! Almost the same weight as a Yamato turret.

Edited by sarrumac
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sarrumac said:

When they come I hope they are corectly mplemented and you can have the as two twin turrrets glued together with perfect dedundancy of all systems; These 2500T turrets were something! Almost the same weight as a Yamato turret.

Just imagine 3x quad 17" or even 18" gun turrets on Heavy AP's... Overkill is it's name! 

But I would limit quads up to 17" guns. Rather it would be Gunzilla's Battle.

Edited by sRuLe

21 hours ago, Zacplin said:

I hope we can have quard gun turret in the future updates, like the one in Richelieu or King George V.

The French "Quad" was actually a Two-Twin being that it was Two pairs of Twin turrets that were mounted in a single turret and divided by a blast bulkhead so you only lose half the the armament in tested. So TL;DR its not a true "quad" and the British Quad would be more accurately called a 4 gun turret as they each had their own cradle.

• Like 3

Glad they're coming... I guess? no, I really have no need for them... in the pre-Washington era the Americans and Italians liked x3s, Russians too... quads really aren't a thing in the WW1/interwar period until a more pre-WW2 than post-WW1 focus began (which kinda leaves the scope of this game, no?).

4 hours ago, Absolute0CA said:

The French "Quad" was actually a Two-Twin being that it was Two pairs of Twin turrets that were mounted in a single turret and divided by a blast bulkhead so you only lose half the the armament in tested. So TL;DR its not a true "quad" and the British Quad would be more accurately called a 4 gun turret as they each had their own cradle.

The french is actually is Two-Twin Single Gun Bed(Cradle) Mount... For example US Navy in New Mexico class BB's used Triple-Single Bed Gun Mounts on 14"/52 guns. Which mean that all guns in a "single bed" elevated together and can't be elevated separately  Such "single bed/cradle" mount actually weight on 35% less than separate gun elevation turret. And... Yes, Pure Quad is only british KGV class BB's.

Edited by sRuLe

french quad turrets are also pure quads but the only diffrence is there is a 40 or 45mm devider between the gunhouses which means if the turret takes a penetrating hit it can keep operating

it is still by all means a quad gun turret

so the french quad turret is not a twin mount quad turret

but a quad gun turret 

The french is actually is Two-Twin Single Gun Bed(Cradle) Mount..

the french gun has 4 gun cradles for the 4 guns and each are individually sleeved 

Image result for richelieu turret"

each gun can elevate indivudually and work individually in the turret

its a 4 cradle 4 gun turret

if the guns were mounted on 2 twin cradles aka each cradle held 2 guns the turret would not be able to individually elevate each gun

neither would it be able to have one gun installed at a time 

Image result for french 380mm quad"

as can be seen the number 2 turret has one of its guns elevated over the others

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Christian said:

the french gun has 4 gun cradles for the 4 guns and each are individually sleeved 

Ohhh... Thanks, didn't know that! So it's just an such compact turret design.

I always thought that french quads are twin-bolted together two-guns turret)))

3 minutes ago, sRuLe said:

Ohhh... Thanks, didn't know that! So it's just an such compact turret design.

I always thought that french quads are twin-bolted together two-guns turret)))

yeah its quite hard to find pictures of them invidually elevated (probably because half the time they are half destroyed at the same elevation)

though from what i have seen the only 2 quad guns for battleships are Individual sleeved 

the 130mm french quad gun has 2 cradles each with 2 guns 

small quad guns with individual sleeving just arent worth it because it takes up too much space in width for the very very slight advantage individual sleeving is

but it probably wouldnt make much of a diffrence in game

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Illya von Einzbern said:

Wont that design hamper the accuracy of individual guns when one of the guns fires?
I heard rumors that the quad design had issues with gun recoil and accuracy.

shhh, barneh wants quad turrets.

also yes pls, can we have quintuple turrets as well for memes? (or just some wacky designs in general).

58 minutes ago, Illya von Einzbern said:

Wont that design hamper the accuracy of individual guns when one of the guns fires?
I heard rumors that the quad design had issues with gun recoil and accuracy.

depends

quad guns firing without delay coils generally have large dispersion (richileu had 560 meter dispersion at 26km range without coils while they had 300 meter dispersion at 26km with delay coils source navyweps 380mm french gun)

non individually sleeved guns arent as good as individually sleeved guns in terms of accuracy

Could basicly suffer same penalty as 3 gun turrets but with few extra %.

2 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

shhh, barneh wants quad turrets.

also yes pls, can we have quintuple turrets as well for memes? (or just some wacky designs in general).

hmmm... quintuple 18" guns... not bad. Not bad at all....
Octuple :P just in case there isn't enough shells in the air.

Now that i think of it... umm wacky designs. I think there is one game that has "historical ships" with quad guns and 3.5 second reload...
Now lets not go to that territory okay... Slight PTSD from that games balance and accuracy :P

But turret design with range finders options, computing/ fire control options ect. We have turret engine and reload options but nothing regarding the fire and optics.
Nothing too major wonkynes please 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Illya von Einzbern said:

Could basicly suffer same penalty as 3 gun turrets but with few extra %.

hmmm... quintuple 18" guns... not bad. Not bad at all....
Octuple :P just in case there isn't enough shells in the air.

Now that i think of it... umm wacky designs. I think there is one game that has "historical ships" with quad guns and 3.5 second reload...
Now lets not go to that territory okay... Slight PTSD from that games balance and accuracy :P

But turret design with range finders options, computing/ fire control options ect. We have turret engine and reload options but nothing regarding the fire and optics.
Nothing too major wonkynes please 

Ayy yes miss smollensk the epitome of balans.

Mind you since its singleplayer i shouldn't matter anyways, so toineh options can be included in.