Game-Labs Forum

Quard gun turret?

Zacplin

6 minutes ago, Lobokai said:

I think its made up... Vanguard is basically all those things in real life

edit: in fact, now that I look at it... photoshopped Vanguard

Damm, it looked so real lol. Thats a shame would of been an interesting ship judging from the blurb down below.

Although they should of added a few combat scenarios to make her that much more interesting even if she was fake.

what a bloody shame lol.

• Like 1

personally I would like to go even more ridiculous then 4 gun turret and really go to 5,6 or even more gun turrets.

Fitting mali of course.

Same I would like guns above 18 inches.

The game is about what ifs and what ifs does include people making insane design decisions when it comes to turrets.

2 minutes ago, Illya von Einzbern said:

oh god octuple 18" guns......
please we can go silly but (how to put it mildly).... Going stupendous is just stupendously silly.
why stop at 6 when you can go infinite.... Just keep it on quad it's fine. Having more guns on the turret would simply make it too large to mount and too cumbersome to even use.

you know the thing is... taking longer to reload and having worse accuracy, the things would automatically balance themselves.

Also I "need" sixtruppels for me to build the Tillman BB's for the USA...

And in case "tillman" doesn't ring a bell, here a explanation:

3 hours ago, Illya von Einzbern said:

oh god octuple 18" guns......
please we can go silly but (how to put it mildly).... Going stupendous is just stupendously silly.
why stop at 6 when you can go infinite.... Just keep it on quad it's fine. Having more guns on the turret would simply make it too large to mount and too cumbersome to even use.

Well it is a singleplayer game so the devs can even put in turrets with cats on them lol.

Hense where the whole historical and non-historical modes would come into play.

On 10/30/2019 at 2:45 AM, Lobokai said:

Glad they're coming... I guess? no, I really have no need for them... in the pre-Washington era the Americans and Italians liked x3s, Russians too... quads really aren't a thing in the WW1/interwar period until a more pre-WW2 than post-WW1 focus began (which kinda leaves the scope of this game, no?).

nah, this game gets into WW2 and even already includes yamato designs and radar which is great

with that being said, if they introduce quads, I would limit quads to the calibers they were actually built and used in on ships: 

14 inches on the king george V class

13in on Dunkerque class

and 15in on the Richelieu class

I wouldn't want to see something that never actually existed be introduced (16in+ quads)

Edited by Tammuz

2 hours ago, Lobokai said:

do quads in game just single fire until they've bracketed a target and then go full fire? because if not, don't think I'd even use them 

well right now a turret fires all shots when ranging and then all turrets wait for the turret to be ready again...

which is something I hope the devs change you at least give you the option to change, aka give order to fire at will and not full salvo,.

13 hours ago, SiWi said:

well right now a turret fires all shots when ranging and then all turrets wait for the turret to be ready again...

which is something I hope the devs change you at least give you the option to change, aka give order to fire at will and not full salvo,.

Agreed, would be nice to set things like 1/3rd of guns used in ranging shots for ships with 3 gun turrets, or 1/2 for ships with 2 or ladder where its one turret at a time. Basically the more options the better options is love, options is life.

Also would be nice to have a Us style "Final Defensive Fire" order for like when a torpedo boat squadron is closing in too close. Lets the ship fire faster for a time but at a cost of a significantly reduced fire speed after.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Absolute0CA said:

Agreed, would be nice to set things like 1/3rd of guns used in ranging shots for ships with 3 gun turrets, or 1/2 for ships with 2 or ladder where its one turret at a time. Basically the more options the better options is love, options is life.

Also would be nice to have a Us style "Final Defensive Fire" order for like when a torpedo boat squadron is closing in too close. Lets the ship fire faster for a time but at a cost of a significantly reduced fire speed after.

Having multiple firing options is nice, which you could set for each turret or just a bunch of turret so group A fires a full volley, Group B fires stagger shots and Group C holds fire untill a certain accuracy % or something.

On 10/30/2019 at 3:29 PM, Lobokai said:

Quads are really from the wrong era...

you do realize the game is supposed to be up until around 1940, there is a 1930 start option in the campaign? it was in the 1930s when the french started developing their quad gun turrets and even built 4 battleships with quad turrets, 2 dunkerque class with 330mm (13") quad turrets and 2 richelieu class with 380mm (15" (actually 14.96")) quad turrets before the german invasion in early 1940 though richelieu and jean bart wasnt finished when the invasion began. jean bart was so delayed because of the invasion and being sunk and refloated a few times during the war that she wasnt fully finished until 1955

• Like 2