Game-Labs Forum

New Types of Vessels?

TheBlueBaron

(Its just a thought and not a statement) 

I saw this game a while back and thought lets take a look. First off I am astonished, because this game is perfect. A month ago i started getting into ship building on other games/programs, and then I discovered this game. I love it and I thought "Well if it has surface ships why not submersibles?". I think a few types of submersibles may add some "depth" to the vessel types. Then I remembered the first carriers made from converted cargo ships and cruisers. If they are just re-purposed cruisers/transports, why cant they be in game. (This may sound rude, let me rephrase.) Somewhere down the line add some carrier parts/components/aircraft etc. I know it seems far fetched since there are no Anti-Aircraft armaments in game to begin with, but again its just a thought.

TL:DR Id like to see subs in game in the future along with carriers (And maybe some transports :D  )

220px-HMS_Furious-2.jpg(HMS Furious Circa 1918)

I'm fairly certain it was said that due to the game's time span (1890s to 1930s) Carriers would only probably only be a supporting role rather than be an active ship in the battle. And that would be if the carrier gets in at all. 

Now subs might be a fun idea. Although, again, like the carrier, they probably wouldn't be involved in many fleet actions. Now I couldn't picture a game like this without subs, but I seriously doubt we'll get any major submarine battles where the player has control.

i'm not sure why is everyone getting the idea that the game ends in 1930 because due to the presence of Yamato's hull in the Modern Battleship mission of naval academy, and both surface search radar and fire control RADAR, as well as active SONAR all available in the ship designer, we know the game goes AT LEAST into 1941/1942.

also, subs are already confirmed that they will be a campaign option, but not playable, here

https://www.dreadnoughts.ultimateadmiral.com/post/campaign-or-naval-academy

and there have already been tread about this on the forum too, please look around or use search function before posting new thread

The game is about big guns and big ships. Introducing carriers will make it a game about carriers, the big battleships being rendered obolete. It would be a pity. I do not mind going up to the last developements of the battleship but i'm not sold on this carrier idea AT ALL.

• Like 1

I don't think it really needs to be carriers, it could well be land based aircraft dropping torpedoes and bombs that your battleship will have to contend with. 

But you know wut, I would like there to be more land based gun and torpedo batteries, and *gasp* coastal defense guided missiles.

Edited by goduranus

On 10/25/2019 at 1:07 PM, Accipiter said:

i'm not sure why is everyone getting the idea that the game ends in 1930 because due to the presence of Yamato's hull in the Modern Battleship mission of naval academy, and both surface search radar and fire control RADAR, as well as active SONAR all available in the ship designer, we know the game goes AT LEAST into 1941/1942.

Edited by Fishyfish
freeing up attachment space

32 minutes ago, D'Orleans said:

Carriers, no. Subs, maybe.

Carriers yes subs already confirmed

Childness aside all we know so far about carriers is they might be abstracted but they said even this idea was too early to confirm.

Since we basicly can tell the game will go into the 1940s carriers do need to be in it carriers would have been in service for over 20 years by 1938. So going into the 40s extends that even more.

We do have a campaign starting screen to show 1930 was never going to be the cut off 

unknown.png

Edited by DarkTerren
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SiWi said:

read totdays patch notes...

2 hours ago, DarkTerren said:

Your main adversary is a huge battleship with technologies of the 1940s <---- patch notes of one of the new missions

I see this now, as I said in the other thread once I saw else wise from the devs I would gladly give way to your arguments, and so I do.  

5 minutes ago, DarkTerren said:

Np carriers tend to become heated arguments a lot. I personally blame wows for that. 

I don't have any really opinions pro or against carriers, I'm a battleship fish myself and when it comes to airpower I'd much prefer airships as scouts but what ever. I was just trying to make as educated a guess as I can with the information given, and up until these patch notes the notion of 1940s warships were at least to me nothing more than hearsay and gross assumptions. The devs in the know say A, the masses not in the know assume B. I'm just trying to be conservative in my own assumptions and basing them off historical time lines for warship development because I don't want to get hype for features we don't end up getting. 

Edited by Fishyfish

1 hour ago, Illya von Einzbern said:

@DarkTerren were did you find that campaign screen.
I want to read more about it and look in to it more

Links and new are more than welcome.
Many great thanks

Hold down left alt and click the campaign 

Do not click the start campaign  button on the faction select screen will freeze when loading

Suppsoly used to be able to actually play some of it but that was patch out with the first hotfix

Edited by DarkTerren
  • Like 1