Game-Labs Forum

Minor Patch 33: Hotfixes and improvements

admin

1 hour ago, Routan said:

Are you sure you only fixed the bug. I just tryed 2 kill missions. Either I over night have increased my skill, ore you have nerfed the shit out of the Ai’s.

- A broadside now do less damage to hull

- A broadside now do less Crew damage.

AI’s are now again a papir tigers.

about time, fair fights with equal classes again, very good news 

31 minutes ago, --Privateer-- said:

what does this mean?

is it like the pirate frigate for pirates?

I check pirate US and Dutch and there is nothing different.  The Russian translate of the patch notes says Admiralty Range.  So not sure what it means.

1 hour ago, --Privateer-- said:

what does this mean?

is it like the pirate frigate for pirates?

The Russian versions says 

Улучшен ассортимент адмиралтейства

which means Admiralty assortment improved

I miss the times when GL cared about all their customers. Now they only throw some little bread crumbs at us (Patch Notes) and remain silent the rest of the time. Most questions or suggestions of players remain unanswered.

Anyway still happy about this little patch 33. But as others already pointed out. It should be patch 1.0.1 or something.

Edited by Guest

18 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

May be workshop to craft some ship parts ? So ship crafter can craft some ships with reduced labour hour. And minor part crafter also get some xp.

Inner furnature frame

Rigging assembly

Ship frame 

etc.

Lets not go backwards to old carfting system.  Even than that is still some folks might just want to craft cannons, resources or repairs/mods and they should get credit for that.  Just make it where you only get credit for every 100 reparis you do instead of ever 1 for 1.   Mods only give you 10-100  xp cause we don't sit there crafting thousands at a time.  Cannons I would make them 1 for 1xp wise.

16 hours ago, Ahoy H.R. Matey said:

So can anyone confirm the general bot nerf? 

I can confirm firing angles are fixed.

But no NPC nerf.

They still reload quickly and they still deal damage

The biggest different is honestly that because the firing angles are fixed, you can actually angle you ship to bounce shots, thereby reducing incoming damage.

It feels better.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Teutonic said:

But no NPC nerf.

You’re right no balancing, put the Christian against a Agamemnon, broadside to broadside, its 24 pds did more damage to me than my 42s. 😧

NA reminds me of the old days of Red Alert where the knowledge, knowhow and computer crutching power limited Dev’s to artificially boost AI by just beefing numbers and stats but back then you could respect Dev’s (and the game) since they didn’t have much else to work with.

Here in NA there’s no need to artificially boost NPCs because of the open world characters choice of target. With choosing level ability it’s going to be best to choose a lesser ship class or one that matches canon DPS, for a fair fight.

7 hours ago, Teutonic said:

I can confirm firing angles are fixed.

But no NPC nerf.

They still reload quickly and they still deal damage

The biggest different is honestly that because the firing angles are fixed, you can actually angle you ship to bounce shots, thereby reducing incoming damage.

It feels better.

"Half measures are now 99.999% more half."

On 7/4/2019 at 9:34 PM, BuckleUpBones said:

You’re right no balancing, put the Christian against a Agamemnon, broadside to broadside, its 24 pds did more damage to me than my 42s. 😧

NA reminds me of the old days of Red Alert where the knowledge, knowhow and computer crutching power limited Dev’s to artificially boost AI by just beefing numbers and stats but back then you could respect Dev’s (and the game) since they didn’t have much else to work with.

Only elite bots have advanced upgrades of guns and ships. 
Normal NPC Agamemnon cannot outdps Christian in all multitude of cases, its a rumour spread by people who could not pass the first exam in the tutorial against rookie bots. 

• Like 5

Which one has more base HP? US Super Frigate or British 3rd Rate Ship of the Line? 👀

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, admin said:

Only elite bots have advanced upgrades of guns and ships. 
Normal NPC Agamemnon cannot outdps Christian in all multitude of cases, its a rumour spread by people who could not pass the first exam in the tutorial against rookie bots. 

If it's stuck shooting double ball all the time I bet you it could. I was in a fight pre-this last patch Essex with 32's vs a mission Essex's and I would take a tick off him and he would take a tick and half off me, meds/longs can't do that much damage unless it's double balls and he did it from a good 250m+ broad side while I have to get up close to him to hit him.   I took a few days off grinding so will try   them again and see, but before this patch and before release there was an issue with the reload and damage from normal ships.  We couldn't bring in Teak/Wo 1st rates in hostility missions cause they where getting out DP's by AI first rates even with maxed out 30% reload (I had floating battery).  The only way to fight them was Lo/Wo ships and max out HP's.    The balance was not against Oak/Oak ships like you keep saying is the norm.   I'll be going out tonight with an Ingermanland and see if it's improved, which if it has than good. 

Elite ships I expect to be hard fight so don't change those at all, though some of the loot needs fix.  Why am I getting 5-6 cannons when the ship decks take 10-12?   It should match the number that most ships that type carry on a deck?  ALso why are the woods so random and every one I talked to gotten very bad combo's they would never us...like oak/cedar or fir/wo and stuff like that.

PS: since wipe I beat the final three times and all on first tries, before wipe I done them about a half dozen times, so don't say we can't beat it and making up rumors....kinda like the rumors AI got caught firing double balls on carrors?

PSS:  OH where is the paints promised, it's been 4 months now?

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

Port Bonus closed bug:

When a clan close a port for investment, all friend clan and "private investors" still loose the port bonus when crafting! This a known bug from before release, NEED TO BE PATCHED ASAP

If not, it gives the clan owner an incredible power and its not the way you guys presented it at all.

9 hours ago, Wyy said:

Which one has more base HP? US Super Frigate or British 3rd Rate Ship of the Line? 👀

1615 vs 1580 Tons Burthen (can you guess which one is which?)
also us super frgiate is bigger than averate british third rate in dimensions (live oak is very dense making ship heavier as well)

maybe superfrigates should be buffed even more as they are somewhat  heavier than standard early british third rates based on raw data (dimensions and weight)

50 minutes ago, Mrgoldstein said:

Yesterday i went broadside to broadside belle poule vs belle poulle and we fired at the exact same time, when my reload was just a tiny bit over half the AI already fired again..every time..

You can use reload mods too. The only way changes can go is to buff NPC
NPC1/800 kd ratio shows that current player upgrade comparable buffs do not help them at all.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, GIBZ said:

Port Bonus closed bug:

When a clan close a port for investment, all friend clan and "private investors" still loose the port bonus when crafting! This a known bug from before release, NEED TO BE PATCHED ASAP

If not, it gives the clan owner an incredible power and its not the way you guys presented it at all.

Not a bug, working as intended. You still keep any invested resource building opened though

5 minutes ago, Routan said:

It can go anyway you want. You can easy nerf the bots. All depend on what game you want.

Question is if you want them to be so hardcore nobody does them, ore easy enough so ppl still do Ai’s. 

But a better solution was actually to let the AI’s repair like Real players, learn them to angle.

NPC are not OP (now that they fixed the firing angle issue) the problem is that people want to fight all NPCs broadside to broadside to do it as quickly as possible. And they are used to the old days where a player in a single L'Ocean could take on a fleet of 5-6 NPC 1st rates and not get scratched (that was also partly due the the bug where NPC would not fire in some cases).

It is not a case of the NPCs are too hard, more that veterans remember them being easier in the past, especially returning players who were surprised by the change.

You have to treat the NPCs like players, stern rake them a few times to reduce their crew and guns, be smart about positioning, repair EARLY (the lower your side armour, the easier the NPC will penetrate you remember) and in the long term this will help you get better at PvP also if you treat every NPC like a player.

17 minutes ago, Aster said:

I think for the Connie to see any usage she needs a speed buff to fulfill its roll of a super frig. Currently speaking the connie is just to slow and to under gunned to see any use. 

What is the roll of a superfrigate ingame? In real life it was designed to gank :)