Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Minor Patch 33: Hotfixes and improvements

Recommended Posts

Captains

Small patch has been deployed today 

Changes and fixes

  • Fixed Bug that sometimes increased horizontal angle of fire for cannons for NPC ships
  • Improved loot table drop system to remove rare cases of same items dropping in consequential opening of chests
  • Fixed 3 potential exploits thanks to @qw569 research
  • Fixed bug with labor hours for upgrade manufacturing
  • Fixed bug with perk requirement for Wasa and United states shipbuilding
  • Fixed bug that did not generate proper knowledge slots for trader ships when crafting them (before release trading ships had only 3 slots now they can have 5)


Changes in the previous weeks

  • Fixed experience bug for hull repair, rum and rig repair manufacturing
  • Added Admiralty ships flags for several nations
  • Improved bot distribution on the OW map (some areas did not have bots generated)
  • Fixed certain bugs in localization (typos and placements)
  • Like 30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, admin said:

Fixed bug that did not generate proper knowledge slots for trader ships

Does that mean we can finally earn Knowledge Slots on trader ships by sailing in the open world?
So by using the Trading ships for trading and not for combat?

Thanks for the patch notes!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really appreciate the patch notes, thanks.

@Mormegil the bug fix on traders was because you "should" be getting up to 5 slots, but you weren't able to. You still have to gain knowledge through battle xp.

 

Question Admin,

1. What was the bug for upgrading manufacturing and repairs?

I really do think manufactured goods should be giving experience, hopefully that's something we can address again and bring back.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please put patch infos on game login with splash screen, would be great, %90 not following forums.

They would be happy with patch notes, and developers efforts.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be nice if bots spawned had some more diversity in nationality. Now it's only npc sailing around of nationality of port owners. Who needs that?? Grinding ships is what a lot of players like to do if they have a small timeframe. And it's what a lot of guys like to do. And please don't start with...It's a PvP server. Cause there is hardly a server if players can only play this game the way a few guys want to play it.

 

So please more NPC that has no national flag in OW nearby captured ports.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

%90 not following forums.

Or perma-banned.

 

40 minutes ago, admin said:

Captains
Small patch has been deployed today 

Nice to see, small issues beeing fixed.
How about all the big problems that require attention?

BR limits?
Alt problems again?
Non existant balancing of the nation numbers?
Broken Frontline system which makes finding any target harder than actually fighting it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cornelis Evertsen de Oude said:

Would be nice if bots spawned had some more diversity in nationality. Now it's only npc sailing around of nationality of port owners. Who needs that?? Grinding ships is what a lot of players like to do if they have a small timeframe. And it's what a lot of guys like to do. And please don't start with...It's a PvP server. Cause there is hardly a server if players can only play this game the way a few guys want to play it.

 

So please more NPC that has no national flag in OW nearby captured ports.

It's to create incentives to go into enemy territory to find NPCs to hit.

If you don't want an area being 100% only your nation's ships, then make sure you keep some ports open, or that you have an area nearby that an enemy nation controls. The entire reason for this is to create interactions and "frontlines" so if folks want to go look for people, they can gauge where to go.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cornelis Evertsen de Oude said:

Now it's only npc sailing around of nationality of port owners.

This was done on purpose so that you would sail away from your national ports and hunt AI in more dangerous waters.  I don't think it has been all that effective TBH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Please put patch infos on game login with splash screen, would be great, %90 not following forums.

They would be happy with patch notes, and developers efforts.

But it IS there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Should it not be called patch one since this is the first official patch post release.

Indeed. Patch 1.01 official

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, H982 FKL said:

But it IS there

So they have put, good 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, admin said:

Improved bot distribution on the OW map (some areas did not have bots generated)

what you actually did was recreate the bad old "empty seas" problem on PvE server all over again....

Time to necro that thread....

Edited by Jan van Santen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, admin said:


Changes in the previous weeks

  • Fixed experience bug for hull repair, rum and rig repair manufacturing

We need another way to earn XP for crafting, not every one wants to build ships.  Though folks want more than level one labor hours, shipyards aren't cheap either.  Maybe change it where you make 1xp every 100 or 1000 repair you make instead of 1 for 1.  The same for cannons, we should be getting XP for them too.  Along with any mods we craft.   

You could even bring back xp for others using your crafted ships.  This will give your dedicated crafters and traders a way to earn XP other than just the AI grind.

2 hours ago, Mormegil said:

Does that mean we can finally earn Knowledge Slots on trader ships by sailing in the open world?
So by using the Trading ships for trading and not for combat?

Thanks for the patch notes!

Sailing XP should go to any ships, but defiantly trade ships.  Since your not really goign out and doing combat with these.  Really hard to do them as the 5th rates AI will eat the LVG up, most 6th rates will do the same for the Trader Brig/Snow.   I did find that the Indianman actually tanks pretty good as it has the most HP's other than the Trinc for 5th rates and once you open up a slot toss some marines on there.  Though I found the broad side in baording is useless, use muskets instead.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

We need another way to earn XP for crafting, not every one wants to build ships.  Though folks want more than level one labor hours, shipyards aren't cheap either.  Maybe change it where you make 1xp every 100 or 1000 repair you make instead of 1 for 1.  The same for cannons, we should be getting XP for them too.  Along with any mods we craft.   

You could even bring back xp for others using your crafted ships.  This will give your dedicated crafters and traders a way to earn XP other than just the AI grind.

Sailing XP should go to any ships, but defiantly trade ships.  Since your not really goign out and doing combat with these.  Really hard to do them as the 5th rates AI will eat the LVG up, most 6th rates will do the same for the Trader Brig/Snow.   I did find that the Indianman actually tanks pretty good as it has the most HP's other than the Trinc for 5th rates and once you open up a slot toss some marines on there.  Though I found the broad side in baording is useless, use muskets instead.   

May be workshop to craft some ship parts ? So ship crafter can craft some ships with reduced labour hour. And minor part crafter also get some xp.

Inner furnature frame

Rigging assembly

Ship frame 

etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Latron said:

Pretty cool. When will we get more paints?

It's been what 4 months later and still no new paints that was promised 30 days from when it was released...lol

Yah @admin what about paints and the three ships that where suppose to be worked on?  Where has our DLC money been going to?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Liberalism said:

meaning of this?

I'm looking and not seeing any ships added to the Admiralty shop so far, but havne't logged all chars in yet.  

 

Russian patch notes translate to Admiralty range, so mybe it's not the shop.  

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, admin said:
  • Fixed experience bug for hull repair, rum and rig repair manufacturing

Unfix it please :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Forbin said:

Unfix it please :)

Yes making repairs should be rewarded with crafting xp

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Oli Garchy said:

Yes making repairs should be rewarded with crafting xp

Isn't that what he meant?  That we now get xp for crafting reps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Isn't that what he meant?  That we now get xp for crafting reps?

The last part was what was hotfixed early in the week (last week) so it was removed.  You only get XP for crafting ships that is it.  Nothing else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Routan said:

Are you sure you only fixed the bug. I just tryed 2 kill missions. Either I over night have increased my skill, ore you have nerfed the shit out of the Ai’s.

- A broadside now do less damage to hull

- A broadside now do less Crew damage.

AI’s are now again a papir tigers.

If this is true, then good. The Ai was too frustratingly buffed. Very annoying to fight.

Regular AI should be easy to kill, as the low rewards reflect. Save the super buffed Ai for epic ai ships. 

The amount of players who had difficulty sinking regular AI of the same rate was too high. “Git good you noob! Learn to play!” is perfectly valid for PvP. But simple AI grinding should not be so frustrating. That just drives casuals away. 

 

Also, glad to hear the cannon angles are fixed.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Routan said:

Are you sure you only fixed the bug. I just tryed 2 kill missions. Either I over night have increased my skill, ore you have nerfed the shit out of the Ai’s.

- A broadside now do less damage to hull

- A broadside now do less Crew damage.

AI’s are now again a papir tigers.

If this is true, then GOOD. I want to play Naval Action, not Dark Souls with Iron Motorboats and Turret Cannons.

If bots are too easy for you, go PvP.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...