Game-Labs Forum

WO clan alt abuse

Sorry to start a new thread but as the Santiago thread has been closed I cannot add to it

WO clan have set  a port battle at Jeremie , as GB own Port au Prince the only way this can be achieved is through alt abuse

the rules concerning alt abuse for port battles has been clear for some time

this isnt testing the flaw in mechanics has been talked about and already exploited .

two options

1 punsh WO CLAN  according to rules

2 scrap rule and lets have a free for all

sick and tired of trying to play this game acording to the way its supposed to be played and time and effort I put in is undermined by people exploiting mechanics

Devs and admin need to show some leadership in the game because its falling apart at the moment

Edited by shunt
  • Like 14

They took san mateo doing the same thing. This exploit will continue until it is fixed unfortunately. 

The right thing to do would be for the developers to make all the ports affected by the exploit neutral again after a fix is resolved.

Always nice to see the same culprits up to the same games.

• Like 10

It is very simple, if you know a bug and you use it to your advantage then it is not a matter of testing a mechanic but it is cheating, and measures must therefore be taken! Using an alt in an enemy nation to your advantage to activate a port battle is against the rules! Insulting players in the forum or in the game is against the rules! Against such behavior, action must be taken, for the sake of the game itself and to restore a favorable climate in which new players can have fun! No one will ever buy a game where it is legitimate to cheat and where rude behavior is allowed! Please developers make your voice heard, the players who follow the rules and who try to create a favorable climate for all ask you this!

• Like 16

And some one did the same for La Des in the shallows for UWU clan, never heard of that pirate clan, but was told a certain US clan was seen in the area that is known alt clan.  Devs need to make a post about this even if your still working on a hotfix cause it's just going to continue to be abused and explioted until it's stopped and the folks that continue to use is doing exactly that.  Exploiting and abusing the system.   One time to test and report something is one thing, but when folks keep using it it's no longer testing.   

As Teutonic said all ports gained this way should be made Neutral and the parties involved force to play the game like the rest of us.  If they are repeat offenders than it's up to the Devs about how to handle this.  With no time frame of when the release is going to happen you shouldn't let exploiters be rewarded by keeping the items they gained through exploiting (said ports).  I seen players from these clans make very joking comments in the forums and other media outlets about doing it more.  That is not the attitude you want to be know for allowing in your game.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Capitalism said:

So many tears, yet you all know The Wipe is coming right? If you think back to dupegate it’s the same principle. Flaw in mechanics was discovered, dev’s choose not to implement a quick, simple fix, presumably because they’re pushing to get to release which entails ANOTHER FULL MAP WIPE, so everyone just moves on using the mechanic until it happens.

I fail to see why so much whining is taking place over something so obvious?

that's why - wipe or not wipe- if rules are placed they must be consequences when broken

Edited by Manbot
  • Like 3

As Secretary of War I work very hard for my nation organizing and doing hostility and making sure everything goes as our nation wants. Its very disheartening when asshats that only look to exploit game mechanics come out ahead.  It makes the hours and days of my work worthless.

anchorlogo.png

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

It is, but only for two easily fixable reasons.  Free towns must not be able to drop hostility missions...it allows bypassing the front lines.  The originating clan of the hostility mission must get all of the points and be the eventual owner of the port (assuming they win).  I'm not even sure i'm a supporter of "front lines", but if this is the way we are going to move forward, these fixes are imperative.  I guess that Poland/Russia/Prussia would also have to have a capitol to start from as well.  We haven't fairly tested the concept to be honest.

Free towns aren't the problem, they are using alts to get mission behind enemy lines without going through the Capitals.  The fix would be to allow missions from the capital to be locked to friendly clans only.  Also to make it where all hostility goes to the nation that started the mission. It should be a two fold fix to keep from other means of exploiting that hasn't been done but has been reported also.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

We haven't fairly tested the concept to be honest.

I agree that the concept is not tested at all. But for the moment, it is not possible to test it. The solution you proposed above is possible.

The lack of free town IS a major problem, and the reason why people try to find alternative solution, I want a #freeNavasse and a #StMateo, the so call "front line" is not one, its just allowing huge nation to close huge  zones with NO ACTION AT ALL,  DEVS need to adress the FREETOWNS balance problem and the impossibly for minor nation to play the game at all.

3 hours ago, Ptigibus said:

The lack of free town IS a major problem, and the reason why people try to find alternative solution, I want a #freeNavasse and a #StMateo, the so call "front line" is not one, its just allowing huge nation to close huge  zones with NO ACTION AT ALL,  DEVS need to adress the FREETOWNS balance problem and the impossibly for minor nation to play the game at all.

and for the US cost the Us nation have inside their description VERY easy! It’s totally normal since there is no ennemis port of free town! 

Why are not going form shroud and fight your ways troughs the American coast? #wewantRVRandnotNOACTION

Let's try being more respectful to others.  Thank you. - H. Darby

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby

1 hour ago, Manbot said:

that's why - wipe or not wipe- if rules are placed they must be consequences when broken

This is a legitimate question as it pertains to current play and the current gnashing and wailing over colored dots in a digital pastime (which is so silly): What if the collaborator is not an "alt?"  For that matter, what is an "alt?" If the player characters involved are max rank, max crafting and have been played for more hours than 90% of players with only one player character, which is more legitimate?  What's the difference between a U.S. player being paid in-game currency to start a hostility mission for a foreign nation to flip a port (or doing it out of pure spite/treason) vs. someone using forged papers to swap a 3000 hour player character to a nation to start a hostility mission for their former nation? Where do you draw the line?

If a mechanic has been F11'd and it hasn't been changed in over a year, and no "alts" are involved, then you're pointing to rules that have no bearing on the issue, no?

My point is that it's the mechanic that might not be working within the context of the intended game play, but it's not the players you should be tribunalling, it's the game mechanic.

13 minutes ago, Capitalism said:

This is a legitimate question as it pertains to current play and the current gnashing and wailing over colored dots in a digital pastime (which is so silly): What if the collaborator is not an "alt?"  For that matter, what is an "alt?" If the player characters involved are max rank, max crafting and have been played for more hours than 90% of players with only one player character, which is more legitimate?  What's the difference between a U.S. player being paid in-game currency to start a hostility mission for a foreign nation to flip a port (or doing it out of pure spite/treason) vs. someone using forged papers to swap a 3000 hour player character to a nation to start a hostility mission for their former nation? Where do you draw the line?

If a mechanic has been F11'd and it hasn't been changed in over a year, and no "alts" are involved, then you're pointing to rules that have no bearing on the issue, no?

My point is that it's the mechanic that might not be working within the context of the intended game play, but it's not the players you should be tribunalling, it's the game mechanic.

I agree to a certain extent and this is why the system is flawed ...

the game is flawed  the devs create content saying you ned to raise huge amounts of resources , doubloons and marks .to build ports .. sounds like good game content . but that content is then washed away by allowing either an alt or someone who is traiterous to your nation by passing the game mechanics ..

why should anyone invest anything in the game ... or infact their time ... when the game is quite clearly broken

dont anyone say we are testers the russians and WO clan highlighted the fault  already  to continue is abuse of the mechanic and disregard for other players and the game in general

28 minutes ago, Capitalism said:

For that matter, what is an "alt?" If the player characters involved are max rank, max crafting and have been played for more hours than 90% of players with only one player character, which is more legitimate?  What's the difference between a U.S. player being paid in-game currency to start a hostility mission for a foreign nation to flip a port (or doing it out of pure spite/treason) vs. someone using forged papers to swap a 3000 hour player character to a nation to start a hostility mission for their former nation? Where do you draw the line?

FYI - VCO was approached by a clan (Not MAGIC) within the US nation that was dissatisfied with the decision made by Sir Texas Sir and the US "leadership" to bow to Russia and give them Marsh, Kidds and eventually Bermuda.  This clan was willing to open up hostility missions for pirates and prevent Russians from taking the regions.  We being responsible custodians of the game will end up declining.  

This feature/bug does allow disaffected clans or players within their respective nations to be a little troublesome if ignored.  Not a terrible thing honestly.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Teutonic said:

They took san mateo doing the same thing. This exploit will continue until it is fixed unfortunately. 

The right thing to do would be for the developers to make all the ports affected by the exploit neutral again after a fix is resolved.

Always nice to see the same culprits up to the same games.

The first way to assure a better enviroment is fighting abuses, griefing and exploits.

We all understand that recoding requires time.

So the first and FASTEST way to assure a better playing enviroment is PUNISHING those plainly abusing the system - because, let's face it: any system can be abused, because a human will be always smarter than a machine and of a coded rule.

It's time to PUNISH.

Otherwise exploiters and griefiers will go on even after any bug fix: they will find simply different way. It's a mindset to be changed, with harshness.

14 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

The first way to assure a better enviroment is fighting abuses, griefing and exploits.

We all understand that recoding requires time.

So the first and FASTEST way to assure a better playing enviroment is PUNISHING those plainly abusing the system - because, let's face it: any system can be abused, because a human will be always smarter than a machine and of a coded rule.

It's time to PUNISH.

Otherwise exploiters and griefiers will go on even after any bug fix: they will find simply different way. It's a mindset to be changed, with harshness.

As i said before. It would be wrong to punsish anyone that uses ordinary game mechanics.

Ask the developers to change the game mechanics instead, it is more efficient. And we dont risk loosing players.

Edited by Ligatorswe

As I see it, people are complaining against an evening clan fighting a day time clan, in a fashion that has always existed; but only now when it prevents them form closing portions of the map they want people to be punished for it. I get that a lot of people fear WO (like the american clans that claimed they scared WO out of the game but then didn't show for San Mateo...) which, I suspect, is why most of a nation will hide behind a timer (even though they have plenty of night time players) because they know the French can't touch it. Once HAVOC leaves, GB will have a very hard time keeping ports. I get why the British are salty about Jeremie, I do. But the devs have a history of not cracking down on people working withing the mechanics of the game.

If it can be done withing the game, it will be done, until it can't be. This is how you test mechanics and close loop holes. There is another wipe coming, GB will probably try and zerg the map again anyways, and the people that want ports but are forced to work within their means, will find a way to take them. Literally none of this matters until the game is live which is why most of WO is on hiatus. 

All is fair in love and war. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I don't think so.  I think a lot of people are upset that the "frontlines concept" is being beaten up so badly.  I'm still not sure if the concept has any value, but it has proven to be a failure as it stands.  I don't know if Devs even want to fix it at this point or wait a bit and do another test wipe, but I'm hoping they will take some form of action or at least tell us of a plan.  Closing the barn door now would accomplish nothing unless they also do some repairs.

another wipewould be counter productive .. clans have spent cm, vm and doubloons on investments another wipe would leave us with nothing left to test with

simple soloution is close loopholes , set affected ports to nuetral ..punish those responsible for multi abuse as per the games stated rules that everyone else plays by

and lets get on with testing

• Like 1