Game-Labs Forum

Rattvisan feedback

On 5/6/2019 at 10:49 AM, Wraith said:

In my opinion this is how it should be. If you can magically conjure ships via DLC with any wood combination you want, then there should be trade-offs against crafted ships that benefit from the immense amount of work and investment required to upgrade ports and acquire the rare woods to do so.

I agree with this.  Your getting an instant free ship that cost nothing to craft.

Now give us an option to get a BP and craft the DLC ships and than allow the perks.  Maybe have a one time use BP drop from special chest or something for them.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I agree with this.  Your getting an instant free ship that cost nothing to craft.

Now give us an option to get a BP and craft the DLC ships and than allow the perks.  Maybe have a one time use BP drop from special chest or something for them.

I think the idea of publishing a game is to make money.  If DLC becomes less than a peashooter with balsa wood construction compared to magic port ships then I think it will stop making money that supports the free server and your real-money-free crafted vessel. 

Edited by angriff
hyphenated for thought conveyance

exploded 10 meters behind a ratavisan and it did not damage to the ratvisan 

perhaps a new bug was created made a bug report

5480B298670192D740A73F7C5A8897F5E5E69F62

[[Template forums/front/topics/topic is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default t

On 5/10/2019 at 7:58 PM, Wyy said:

The Rättvisan is the only ship as well that dont loose any mast from explosion as I've seen

or a other possibility is .!!

with the new damage model, the damage from explosions is not buffed, so the explosion can not make enough damage to cripple a ship.

Edited by Thonys

• 2 weeks later...

I have two completely minor aesthetic issues that I have noticed. They result in zero issues with gameplay but I figured I would point them out anyways.

1) It would appear the cannons are sinking / clipping into the deck of the ship, especially the bow chasers.

2) When zooming (scroll wheel) all the way in, it would seem the camera is positioned up near the middle of the mast, whereas every other ship zooms in closer to the forecastle. 

Other than that, she is a wonderful ship to sail and fight with.

Side Note: I've noticed the most recent ships are very vibrant (Herc, Rattvisan, Christian, even the Endy) in their colors by comparison to some of the older models such as the Agamemnon and Surprise. I'm curious if a update to their color palette is needed to bring them in line with the more recently released ships.

Bought the Rätt with Combat Medals a few days ago and finally took some time to test her.

I like sailing smaller or less common ships from time to time, either for the looks or just to break the habit, and while there is a certain regularity in ships gunnery outfit, the Rätt really stands out, and not in a good way.

In fact, I think that this ship's interest might be bigger on PvP than it is on PvE. Who would deliberately choose a ship that has a frigate's firepower to fight against mad roid rage AI when you might get a better performance with an Indef or even a Trinc? Of course some players like to play hardmode and make her shine with their skill, if that's your case then this ship is for you.

As for the looks, while the weather deck mahogany like planking looks absolutely gorgeous on the Wasa, Rätt looks like a cheap copy in comparison, with a curious color scheme. It might be historically accurate, but it just looks raw, unpolished... I find her unappealing in all aspects.

On 5/27/2019 at 5:07 PM, Zlatkowar said:

Bought the Rätt with Combat Medals a few days ago and finally took some time to test her.

I like sailing smaller or less common ships from time to time, either for the looks or just to break the habit, and while there is a certain regularity in ships gunnery outfit, the Rätt really stands out, and not in a good way.

In fact, I think that this ship's interest might be bigger on PvP than it is on PvE. Who would deliberately choose a ship that has a frigate's firepower to fight against mad roid rage AI when you might get a better performance with an Indef or even a Trinc? Of course some players like to play hardmode and make her shine with their skill, if that's your case then this ship is for you.

As for the looks, while the weather deck mahogany like planking looks absolutely gorgeous on the Wasa, Rätt looks like a cheap copy in comparison, with a curious color scheme. It might be historically accurate, but it just looks raw, unpolished... I find her unappealing in all aspects.

I dont agree with you dear captain for me she have a really nice design , but everyone have his own preference. 

About the port bonus,  i guess you need to invent something, cause she became really slow , even my new gen Bucentaure is faster xD.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2019 at 12:48 PM, AeRoTR said:

A comparison between Rattvisan / Agamemnon / Endymion (most powerful broadside of it's class)

Rattvisan.jpg

What is this page for comparing ships ? Care to put a link ?

After both sailing her and fighting against her for some time now, I can finally say: Well done. The chasers are far less problematic than I initially thought. The sailing profile matches the size and layout. So I don't think it is more unbalancing than any other DLC Ship that can be redeemed once a day.

1 hour ago, C0deX said:

If the ship is reedemed in a port with bonus, it should have bonuses. Then the DLC is fine and worth the money, otherwise for many players too expensive

+1111

DLC ships should get port bonus! But if only permit is redeemed instead of ship note, and it is being crafted with a much longer redeem cool down.

Few months later DLC ships will be trash when everybody starts sailing "port bonus" ships.

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, rediii said:

DLC owners can already get that ship for free once a day. The only compareable ship is the aga which costs significantly more time.

In my oppinion DLC ships should not get the portbonus.

Agree with that, but what if the DLC was redeemed with a permit instead? Give us a choice (note or permit)?

47 minutes ago, rediii said:

DLC owners can already get that ship for free once a day. The only compareable ship is the aga which costs significantly more time.

In my oppinion DLC ships should not get the portbonus.

Aggie

Oak 286 x 10 x 1h - 2860 + 50k
Fir 154 x 4 x 1h - 616
Hemp 65 x 58 x 1h - 3770
Iron 59 x 62 x 1h - 3658
LVL 13 x 36 x 1h - 468
Stone 33 x 14 x 1h - 462
Coal 45 x 4 x 1h - 180 + 100k
Teak 573 x 40 x 3h - 22920
WO 251 x 40 x 3h - 10040
Prov 500 x15 x 1h - 7500

Subtotal
Dubs 2708
Reals 52474

This is the money you can get for like 1-2 delivery missions + few extra dubs

Considering that 1-2nd rates are starting to pop out and that gulf clans are able to generate and pay 800k per day for timers the "Costs significantly more time" is hardly an argument.

Also,  

I had a rant on Russian forum about that with an idea that Hercules and Requin was sold to me without saying that in the future its gonna be handicapped  piece of shit with the one and only purpose - to level after the wipe and use as throwaway-in-patrol ship. 

I paid my money for this description:

About premium consumable vessels.
Premium ships cannot be captured by players or traded. You can request this vessel from the admiralty once a day as long as you dont have the same vessel already in your docks. You will be able to request the frame and planking wood type when ordering a ship. Admiralty requests for this ship will be completed instantly.
DLC will appear in your redeemable list after you dock to any port.

Does it says that its not gonna be able to get port bonuses?

I got scammed. 

I want my hello kittying port bonuses.

Edited by Beeekonda
  • Like 2

DLC ships were implemented with the purpose to quickly get a ship, equip it and get into action. And they fullfill exactly that role.

People demanding the bonus want to much again.

I think its a nice balance right now. You dont need to craft it and get the wood of your choice, but it misses the port bonus.

7 minutes ago, Beeekonda said:

Thus proves it has to have bonuses, since there is no word that bonuses are not applied to DLC ships?

the description mentions the things you get and not the things you dont get.

in your logic you need to add aswell that it doesnt has cannons.

1 minute ago, Abram Svensson said:

in your logic you need to add aswell that it doesnt has cannons.

Exactly? They meant to be just as crafted ones

Have same chances of getting extra slot/trim

Does not comes with modes/guns, crew, its own repairs and other stuff??

So following this logic IF you redeem your DLC in a port with bonuses and you DO HAVE access to them - you should get those bonuses on your DLC ship, just like if you would craft it.

The rest of your comment is your own opinion on stuff

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beeekonda said:

Exactly? They meant to be just as crafted ones

Cant read that anywhere.

2 minutes ago, Beeekonda said:

So following this logic IF you redeem your DLC in a port with bonuses and you DO HAVE access to them - you should get those bonuses on your DLC ship, just like if you would craft it.

You get your ship from the admirality, not from the port.