Game-Labs Forum

Solo pvp zone suggestion

This solo class patrol should also enable what we on PvE Peace Server often discuss affirmatively as "consensual duels". Our admiralties now ask combat medals for ship notes just like on PvP War Server but the means to earn them are not yet provided (I think). Make it so people can meet in solo patrol zone (and only there) for duels, with option if it will be without damage/loss of ships (like in the old tournaments) or "bloody-real" with damage and possible loss/capturing of ships. In the latter case the winner earns combat medals, the first tournament-like duel is just for fun, without rewards.

This little opportunity for PvP on PvE Peace Server may trigger some people to discover they like PvP and also venture over on War Server. In case you need a motive for introducing this feature. All the rest of us have a lot of fun, combat medals and can settle personal issues with each other :). People who just cross the zone and deny agreement for a duel are not getting harmed = PvE Peace Server fundamental rule of tranquility is kept intact.

EDIT: today's update introduced changes which opened ways of obtaining combat medals on PvE Peace Server. Situation as written above, as far as non-obtainability of cm is concerned, is obsolete now.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
today's update

4 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

This solo class patrol should also enable what we on PvE Peace Server often discuss affirmatively as "consensual duels". Our admiralties now ask combat medals for ship notes just like on PvP War Server but the means to earn them are not yet provided (I think). Make it so people can meet in solo patrol zone (and only there) for duels, with option if it will be without damage/loss of ships (like in the old tournaments) or "bloody-real" with damage and possible loss/capturing of ships. In the latter case the winner earns combat medals, the first tournament-like duel is just for fun, without rewards.

This little opportunity for PvP on PvE Peace Server may trigger some people to discover they like PvP and also venture over on War Server. In case you need a motive for introducing this feature. All the rest of us have a lot of fun, combat medals and can settle personal issues with each other :). People who just cross the zone and deny agreement for a duel are not getting harmed = PvE Peace Server fundamental rule of tranquility is kept intact.

I certainly see your point, but I'd fear that the opportunity for a little PvP on the PvE server could make some players make the jump from the PvP to PvE server.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

I'd fear that the opportunity for a little PvP on the PvE server could make some players make the jump from the PvP to PvE server.

Yeah. The sharks moving over in our nice aquarium.

I have no worries regarding this. Remember, the duel would be consensual on our server, so people could just deny it if the attacker is known to be a sealclubbing ganking pro from War Server. Community works pretty well on Peace Server. He'd be known for what he is within a couple of days and run out of prey. And if not - participants will be responsible for their decisions.

Meanwhile, I think devs like to see a continuous little blood exchange between the servers, and who says it always has to be into one direction only? :)

The PvE server could in the end become what will make this game famous, dispite the devs efforts to make the PvP part as hardcore as possible. I see 170+- player ons PvE, this was never more than 50 before. Don't know how many ppl are on PvP atm. 

Add a feature where you can accept or decline PvP battles in OW no matter where on the PvE servers. Make group battles possible. Maybe even portbattles without ever losing ports, just for fun, or practice for the PvP clans. There would be no need for NA Legends. 

1 hour ago, admin said:

no solo pvper came. Everybody was in the patrol zones doing group things.

Exactly as expected for me. Duel pvp in a full loot loss with eco grind punishment world is going to be the niche of niches. Heh, I'm going to sit in duel zone and stare out of the circle with moral condemnation too when I get time ;)

Perhaps duel zone in OW is a "fake feature"? But please don't decide yet. There aren't many of us but we do exist. The wee circle doesn't harm anyone, does it?

• Like 2

Two concurrent Zones per day, 1 for group, another for solo, at different designated spots.

Example:

- Group Patrol Zone at Aves

- Solo Zone at La Mona

Next day cycles to other two zones.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Two concurrent Zones per day, 1 for group, another for solo, at different designated spots.

Example:

- Group Patrol Zone at Aves

- Solo Zone at La Mona

Next day cycles to other two zones.

Could be a good idea, but could also be worse.

The running of the gauntlet going in and out is one thing. But one of these days the sharks circling Gringo will get curious and go in to fight. In a seperate zone you will never get that... synergy effect ;)

• Like 2

Just now, jodgi said:

Perhaps duel zone in OW is a "fake feature"? But please don't decide yet. There aren't many of us but we do exist. The wee circle doesn't harm anyone, does it?

Patrol zones are the fakest of the fake features. Literally just a circle on the middle of the map, no map importance whatsoever. Literally dead end gameplay. Where's the ingenuity? What's the intention? You could put a real patrol zone between nation borders and bolster RVR type actions. It's so barren of inspiration and inspiration I'm pretty convinced the only reason patrol zones exist is because somewhere we got stuck on why freeports have pvp and no where else does and instead of fixing that as a problem, we put the frame over the hole in the wall and called it a feature.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Could be a good idea, but could also be worse.

The running of the gauntlet going in and out is one thing. But one of these days the sharks circling Gringo will get curious and go in to fight. In a seperate zone you will never get that... synergy effect ;)

Exactly what i had in the PZ the other day.

zero captains in the SP and a ton of sharks circling in the PZ... I sat there for 45 minutes :) and it was nassau patrol, so cool little vessels.

So, even if i'm not a 1v1mebro kind of player i found the situation to be really comical sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

Player @Gringo69rus waited in the solo patrol for the solo pvp for 2 hours. no solo pvper came. Everybody was in the patrol zones doing group things.

Yeah, I was in shallow SP last night for an hour with no takers.  Granted, pop was low (less than 200).  I like the SP but agree that having it in the middle of the PZ is a problem.  Also a 6th rate SP while Req are still 6th rate is another negative issue.  You've been asked for a hundred years, make Reqs 5th rate.  They hurt the shallow PZ and SP.

• Like 2

Just now, Hethwill said:

Exactly what i had in the PZ the other day.

zero captains in the SP and a ton of sharks circling in the PZ...

So, even if i'm not a 1v1mebro kind of player i found the situation to be really comical sad.

Sure, but then the stars align and two unicorns happen to be there at the same time on the same day. I don't care if I'm in a cerb finding you sitting in your trinco, a fight will happen that day. 

• Like 2

Just now, jodgi said:

Sure, but then the stars align and two unicorns happen to be there at the same time on the same day. I don't care if I'm in a cerb finding you sitting in your trinco, a fight will happen that day. 

It's funny that you need a circle on the map to tell you where to fight. It's almost like a tool that could be used anytime any place to promote fights, almost and type of way for any scenario you'd want on the map.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Yeah, I was in shallow SP last night for an hour with no takers.  Granted, pop was low (less than 200).  I like the SP but agree that having it in the middle of the PZ is a problem.  Also a 6th rate SP while Req are still 6th rate is another negative issue.  You've been asked for a hundred years, make Reqs 5th rate.  They hurt the shallow PZ and SP.

Sometimes he will just not understand, is a bit stubborn (just kidding hehe). Le Cancer into 5th rates becomes Le Requin !

• Like 1

Screw that, turn it on it's head. Le Rektshit should be nerfed and only allowed in shallow waters. It's such a dinkly little boat it really has no business in deep water battles. Damn mosquito of a ship, so glad the new damage model knocked it down to size and showed it for being one of the least combat worthy vessels in the game.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

It's funny that you need a circle on the map to tell you where to fight.

Don't look at me; I was also dumbfounded when I discovered how utterly hopeless player psychology becomes under the eco yoke.

There is hope, Slim. The day they reboot Legends or anything to the same effect you're rid of annoying little me forever.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/2/2019 at 11:15 AM, Vile Executioner said:

To make things interesting in the solo pvp zone since team battle is obviously out the window and 1vs1 fights are only in this zone, could we possibly get the ability to fight your own nation in this zone? It is called "solo" and i think your nations flag shouldnt matter in this zone at this point. Lets hear everyones thoughts on the idea. Thanks ahead of time

Yes, yes , yes…  we need something like this. We had this when we had the Combat Arena a long time ago...I like the idea of having this as a place available in the open world. Perhaps players that join offer an amount of dabloons or reals and the other player has to match... winner takes all. Would be good fun and the fighting arena would be high stakes, and high competition.

On 3/5/2019 at 3:26 AM, Slim McSauce said:

Screw that, turn it on it's head. Le Rektshit should be nerfed and only allowed in shallow waters. It's such a dinkly little boat it really has no business in deep water battles. Damn mosquito of a ship, so glad the new damage model knocked it down to size and showed it for being one of the least combat worthy vessels in the game.

The Le Requin is a pirating ship... its all its good for and I like it that way... :)

Remember … the Xebec is best at picking on foes much smaller than herself.

Edited by LIONOFWALES

On 3/5/2019 at 2:44 AM, The Spud said:

The PvE server could in the end become what will make this game famous, dispite the devs efforts to make the PvP part as hardcore as possible. I see 170+- player ons PvE, this was never more than 50 before. Don't know how many ppl are on PvP atm. 

over 300 players get on during the weekend... sometimes over 400. Some days less some days more... it just depends on when players feel like getting on and hunting.

Some players on the PVE server are newer and may migrate to the PVP server after they have learned a bit more about mechanics... either way... newer players should be advised to do the tutorials and complete the Final Exam. They will be in more ship shape then for a hostile PVP environment. I know these newer players are really itching for combat.

On 3/5/2019 at 2:22 AM, Percival Merewether said:

I certainly see your point, but I'd fear that the opportunity for a little PvP on the PvE server could make some players make the jump from the PvP to PvE server.

Maybe we should merge... welcome everyone to the one great Naval Action game... high risk... high rewards.