Game-Labs Forum

Better Ships for All!

1 hour ago, Barbancourt said:

How about DLC ships being only instantly redeemable in a standard formula and woods, but you could instead choose to redeem the DLC as a crafting permit and build it as you like? 

I like this and @William Death suggestions.  Also keep the chance of redeemable to same as crafting in safe port very low chance of any thing other than 3/5.  Also give dedicated crafters a bonus to perks.  If they have master light frigate or SOL perk they also get a bonus to quality of ship type.  Bring back importance of the crafter over some refeemables. The Royal ship builder perk prob can give small bonus too.  Let’s say 5% for each perk so a crafter with master and royal can get 10% better chance at crafting a better ship.  Craft in a capture port and that chance goes up even more.  I would even go as far as giving clans that own that port a bonus too to encourage more ship trade/crafting out of safe zones.

2 hours ago, z4ys said:

Next dlc ship will be Pandora all ea owners get here for free. (Will be given as gift for owning the game before release) all other have to buy it like herc.

I would realy call that a DLC ship it’s just a gift a shop like the yacht.  I would love to see it in game and I think there should be a cut off like the yacht had of when you get it.  Like if we go to a beta stage it cuts off those that buy the game after don’t get it.  There is no diffrence right now for a tester that been here for 3 years and some one that just bought the game.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pit said:

I think what admin said, as i posted for this thread, is the best promise a dev can give to the community, that's why many of us bought this game.

@staun your question was: Why should ppl buy a Dlc ship if it is worse then other ships"

if this is legitimately your concern about the company running out of money and people need to buy the DLC then I say this, a redeemable DLC ship does not matter if its a 3/5. the player will still use it, will still hunt traders, and sometimes kill 4/5 or 5/5 crafted ships because the truth is they are exceptionally good ships, unique, and cannot be crafted. Where we are right now is, it sure as shit is much better than the 3/5 surprise or cerberus i craft. 

The concers about financing maybe less abouth you ore more to others demand on removal of Dlc ships. When ppl demand something they react to a to something is wrong, they just often forget to look at the effect to. Ore atleast they only look at the effect thst suit them.

I don’t Belive in fixing a wrong with another imo wrong, Witch your surgestion is for me atleast. I I don’t Belive there should be a bonus in battle just because it is a crafted ship.

I said it many times that a Dlc also should be crafteble. So Thise that wont buy on also can have it. Neither do I belive it should be a bad ship. They should have there pris and cons, like all ships. It should be well balanced like all ships,

You say they are better than a surprice and a cerb, But so is many ships right now, that are crafted.  

6 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

if it can enter shallows, then yes it's extremely metabreaking-OP.

Why? Do 6-9pds cannons have no chance of penetrating a herc?

Edited by z4ys

16 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Tell me why the two paid ships of the game should also be the ones to dominate shallow water pvp? That's a bit counter productive isn't it? Weren't new players suppose to start at bahammas to fight ships of similar size? What is a 5th rate and a ship with 240 crew doing in shallows? Those are frigate numbers on those ships. You must be trolling if you think that's fair play or a smart move on the devs to allow happen.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

Tell me why the two paid ships of the game should also be the ones to dominate shallow water pvp? That's a bit counter productive isn't it? Weren't new players suppose to start at bahammas to fight ships of similar size? What is a 5th rate and a ship with 240 crew doing in shallows? Those are frigate numbers on those ships. You must be trolling if you think that's fair play or a smart move on the devs to allow happen.

If you would want it to be fair and while you play the "new player card" then grown players shouldn't even be able to enter the Bahamas.

It is a smart move because it increased pvp. Arent we all looking for more pvp. Look now we have more pvp but still it ain't good enough.

We are asking to make hostility more convenient but we are complaining that dlc ships are too convenient. What is this bs? 

Sure herc and requin are strong ships. But devs want them to be strong. Look at yacht it's a convenient ship as well but ain't better as the cutter. Nobody uses her. 

Yes there are points that can be discussed for the herc like trunrate/hp/sailing profile but shallow ship yes/no isn't part of it. And as you guys may have noticed herc was able to enter shallow pbs now she is not. Devs are willing to change stuff but how some are bitching around here telling bs is definitely the wrong way.

• Like 1

I'd be happy if the Herc was excluded from shallow waters. Make the Bahamas fun again for those of us that already shelled out $45 for the game and don't own OPP2WDLC ships.

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

It is a smart move because it increased pvp. Arent we all looking for more pvp. Look now we have more pvp but still it ain't good enough.

@z4ys Who is getting more "enjoyable" pvp, though? It is enjoyable for only those in the OPP2WDLC ships. And, if Hercs were excluded from shallow waters, then that would leave the rest of us without these ships to still enjoy the Bahamas, and the P2W players could all move to the deep waters of the Bahamas, or go to Tumbado or La Tortue.

That way all parties can have fun: P2W players in OP Hercs vs other P2W players in OP Hercs, and regular players in a multitude of 6th rates vs other regular players in a multitude of 6th rates.

For pure competitive arena pvp you might have a good point, especially in the zone.

For pure age of sail experience crews, it doesn't have a major importance.

For "NA is only PBs line battles" they can effectively screen without any major impact on the enemy nation logistics.

All in all, and I seldom sail mine, like once a week I take both to a cruise, they can be as deadly as any if coming across a less competent captain.

But in good truth, and this cannot be denied, the Hercules proved the disappearance of three ships almost entirely from player hands in the OW - Cerberus, Renomee and Surprise.

And honestly it has nothing to do with quality colours.

1 hour ago, van der Decken said:

I'd be happy if the Herc was excluded from shallow waters. Make the Bahamas fun again for those of us that already shelled out $45 for the game and don't own OPP2WDLC ships.

@z4ys Who is getting more "enjoyable" pvp, though? It is enjoyable for only those in the OPP2WDLC ships. And, if Hercs were excluded from shallow waters, then that would leave the rest of us without these ships to still enjoy the Bahamas, and the P2W players could all move to the deep waters of the Bahamas, or go to Tumbado or La Tortue.

That way all parties can have fun: P2W players in OP Hercs vs other P2W players in OP Hercs, and regular players in a multitude of 6th rates vs other regular players in a multitude of 6th rates.

So you actually want to remove dlc ships because why stop after they can't enter shallows they still kill in deep-water. 

Try to suggest extra server for dlc owners.

Instead of saying dlc shouldn't be able to... make suggestions how you think pvp against dlc ships could be more enjoyable.

Edited by z4ys

3 hours ago, z4ys said:

are you serious z4ys? Tell me the last time you sailed broadside to broadside vs a herc with 15 32pd carronades with a 6th rate with your 6 or 9 pd. FYI you would get of 1 broadside while he gets of 2 because of reload shock..

Just now, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

"Pada's NavyBrig did it yesterday in the zone but he was smart enough not to go "here's my broadside chap, have fun"."

so you're saying he didnt.

whats your point?

10 minutes ago, Wyy said:

so you're saying he didnt.

whats your point?

None :) Just stating a battle that happened where the captain in command of a ship did his best.

In any case, all ships involved from both sides, was a 4v4, were Blue quality and it could have been won by any of the groups.

I bet that if it went the other way around we would have said the same way GG, GF and present appreciation for the well mannered and gallant opponents.

No salt, pure naval action.

Just now, do not say dlc said:

There is no such thing,  in the patrol zone! 

Sorry, should have noted that experiences may vary and if you feel secondary symptoms you should consult the nearest Naval Base physician.

13 hours ago, pit said:

WOw dude the way you describe it I should be swimming in unlimited 4/5 and 5/5 ships and the market for them should be massive... only no 

and while im sitting in port pumping out dozens of ships and collecting mats the dlc player has already sunk others and is having fun.

Your first statement goes against admin when he stated craft ships must be better in terms of upgrades...check the OP. Furthermore what bs claims as to why crafted ships are better, which none but "higher chance on extra slots" is the only possibility on any effect during a 1v1.. your off topic,

What you say is correct. Your solution is not good. If devs have to nerf dlc there is something game breaking in the mechanics! Redeemable permits are a good way to start. I doubt we will have more ships like the 2 "op" shallow ships we got. They are very strong ships and even if they were not dlc they would be hard to "balance" requin large crew and hercs guns. Those 2 ships would be op on real life if the same speed rates and turn rates were real. Simple fact is that 6th rates were not faster than 5th rate and turn rates were also the same except for turn radius since they were shorter. 6th rates are completely op in terms of speed and turning. Speed is acceptable for some of them to be fair. 

10 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Simple fact is that 6th rates were not faster than 5th rate and turn rates were also the same except for turn radius since they were shorter.

Correct. Cost was one of the biggest factors when a Navy Board would decide. That and the task. Ever wondered why the "mail packets" were mostly top sail schooners and not frigates ?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Correct. Cost was one of the biggest factors when a Navy Board would decide. That and the task. Ever wondered why the "mail packets" were mostly top sail schooners and not frigates ?

I guess it is also a matter of local habits/mastery. The French navy has built/used schooners and xebecs (xebecs... 🙂🤫) since 1750's, but kept on building corvette-aviso with 18 guns as dispatch/mail ships in 1826. 

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Sorry, should have noted that experiences may vary and if you feel secondary symptoms you should consult the nearest Naval Base physician.

That would be doctor hachiroku please. My specialty is salt and toxic behavior. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

6th rate is a broad term anyway. To my knowledge the renomee and surprise would/should be 6th rates. Surprise has how many guns? I think she is a bit to big but renomee I'm sure 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

6th rate is a broad term anyway. To my knowledge the renomee and surprise would/should be 6th rates. Surprise has how many guns? I think she is a bit to big but renomee I'm sure 

@admin showed the draft of other ships compared to the Herc and I though one of them or it might even just been the Cerberus that actually had a more shallow draft than the Herc.  Which to me means they should be allowed in shallows.  Why not it would give people a shallow ship with similar crew and guns to match the Hercs and LRQ.  Than to be honest if you allowed the Reno, Surprise, Cerberus into the shallow you could prob balance it out to allow them in to Shallow Port battles to.  Make the Shallows unrated and light frigates and make the deep water PB's Lights frigates to SOL's.  

The big balance thing would be the BR's of the ships so you could only bring a few Light frigates or a lot of traditional 6th rates.  We could kinda test it out by having a PvP zone that is light frigates and below.  

6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

@admin showed the draft of other ships compared to the Herc and I though one of them or it might even just been the Cerberus that actually had a more shallow draft than the Herc.  Which to me means they should be allowed in shallows.  Why not it would give people a shallow ship with similar crew and guns to match the Hercs and LRQ.  Than to be honest if you allowed the Reno, Surprise, Cerberus into the shallow you could prob balance it out to allow them in to Shallow Port battles to.  Make the Shallows unrated and light frigates and make the deep water PB's Lights frigates to SOL's.  

The big balance thing would be the BR's of the ships so you could only bring a few Light frigates or a lot of traditional 6th rates.  We could kinda test it out by having a PvP zone that is light frigates and below.  

then port battles would be a surprise with mast mods meta. Except for loosing masts to the 18s from a herc the surp is the most dominant small ship in the game in proper hands. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

then port battles would be a surprise with mast mods meta. Except for loosing masts to the 18s from a herc the surp is the most dominant small ship in the game in proper hands. 

shhhhhhh don't say that than folks will think it's OP.  I honestly miss playing the Surpise and the Reno.   I still have them and use them in support with other hunting when we make small group runs down coast in other nations waters.  

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

shhhhhhh don't say that than folks will think it's OP.  I honestly miss playing the Surpise and the Reno.   I still have them and use them in support with other hunting when we make small group runs down coast in other nations waters.  

the dlc ships gave them the final blow after their masts were made really weak. Why sail a renomme or surp if a herc can dismast them with 2 broadsides. 

Edited by HachiRoku