Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - Port Interface, New missions, Streamlined economy, Insurance, New currencies.

admin

30 minutes ago, Kopelent said:

UI is great., Bad weather  waves as in the past would be bring more different fight gameplay. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uTZNeG0efo

was an amazing feature !!!!!!!!!!! very REALISTIC

Ahh yes the big waves. Such a great feature that this game is missing. 

After a few days of playing the new patch, I really enjoy the update and I'm excited to see the upcoming PvP content (I will make my final judgement then). I am not a crafter or a trader so I don't have much input other than I think some players are overracting a bit. I think that once prices get stabilized and adjustments are made that we will be in much better shape than before. This is a big step for the game and i think the devs deserve some credit for their hard work. 

• Like 3

On 11/2/2018 at 6:55 PM, Anolytic said:

My first battle, a kill mission, gave me 38 doubloons reward. My last battle against 3 AI frigates, I looted 161 doubloons off my 20th AI kill approximately, an essex. This summarizes my total profits in doubloons. 191 doubloons in 5-6 hours. I teleported 8-9 times so far, so that leaves me 100 doubloons for 5-6 hours of effort. The good news is that in 450 more hours I can make my next L'Ocean. But it will "only" take me 15 hours to put a rattlesnake bowfigure on my ship, or 20 for to get navy structure.

Thats really weird. Should not be this way. The amounts of doubloons carried is higher. 

Its the same for me out of nearly 24 hrs playtime and sinking countless traders i have only received 1200 dubloons by the time i teleport a few times each day this makes a dent in my dubloons. To me based in this return I cant see the game as being sustainable. I am now having to spend all my time doing PVE just so that get enough dubloons to get by it has taken the fun out of the game.  

Edited by Jake463
  • Like 3

You promised 2 rate ship for those, who was testing patch. I was playing on test server, have send bug reports, gained 10000 exp, reached 10 lvl of crafting. Where is 2 rate? When will it be available for redeem? Why did I spend time for testing your game and you don’t give the promised ship. It is not honestly, dear developers.

4 minutes ago, TrollUnderTheBottom said:

You promised 2 rate ship for those, who was testing patch. I was playing on test server, have send bug reports, gained 10000 exp, reached 10 lvl of crafting. Where is 2 rate? When will it be available for redeem? Why did I spend time for testing your game and you don’t give the promised ship. It is not honestly, dear developers.

It has been announced that was going to be given with a delay after the patch, like the week after. :) 

Very honest as it was posted by admin in the very day of the patch notes.

On 11/4/2018 at 8:37 AM, Malcolm3 said:

As far as I can see, it seems that the new system of modules stacking (mentioned by devs earlier) was implemented in this patch. Now you can't group modules with the same icon on one ship, even if you could do it before.

But there are nothing about in in patchnotes...

Yes, seem correct. Need to test some of the combinations. I found out that less stacking seems okay so far, albeit some odd situations of prevalent stacking been detected ( copper with hull refits ).

My question is more - what happens to the ships that were already equipped. Do the combos work ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

My question is more - what happens to the ships that were already equipped. Do the combos work ? 

I think it does work. I have a pre-patch SOL with Cartagena and Floating still on. If you try to put these two on a new ship it doesn't work.

Okay, there is a new problem that maybe is just me.  I can't sail past an AI  trader now without stopping to kill it!  What if it has a big stash of Doubloons on it?  Now I cant get anywhere!!  Even sailing with a trader full of goods in fleet, if I see an AI trader, I feel an urgent need to tag it.  Look what you've done to me Devs!  I'm an OCD driven AI hunter :P!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TrollUnderTheBottom said:

Did you know there’s a search function on these forums?   

• Like 1

I think it would be a good idea if it were possible to sell the ships in doubloons as well as in reales

As crafter, taking into account that large ships need doubloons, I find it absurd to charge my boats in reales when what I really need are the doubloons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, admin said:

Thats really weird. Should not be this way. The amounts of doubloons carried is higher. 

Well, @Anolytic just could be the that guy, that have all the bad luck in NA. But i doo fell with him. Since the patch, I have mainly hunted traders. Guess I spend around 20 hours on it. Think I s lucky guy. I made about 2500 doublons I think. So with normal gameplay I can get a first rate in about 3 weeks, and likely have to spend another week to grind doublons for the upgrades. 

We wanted a hardcore game, so think this patch is a step in the right direction. But also a bit to hardcore for me. So I just stay on my Herc. Then I only ned to sail some coal and irons for cannons. I even dropped the idea to put upgrades on my Herc.

• Like 1

Just now, Sea Fox said:

Cannot understand the logic of taking away warships to Fleet with Traders.... Can someone explain this?

Can you explain exactly what is the issue ? Thanks.

Did sail warship with trader in fleet ( snow with lgv in fleet ). Did intercept traders with warships in fleet ( one example, trader brig with hercules in fleet ). War server.

I think the problem is if you are in a trader with a warship in your fleet you cannot enter an enemy port anymore. I guess it was different prior to this patch.

Happend to me too. After a long break from the game I had to visit an outpost port (which now belongs to the enemy) in a tlynx to rescue a warship that was parked there. I put the warship in fleet and left the port... outside spotted some suspects and wanted to return to the safety of the port but couldn't ^^

Edited by Guest

Moderators can you approve my messages ffs I have not received my doubloons for buildings yet. I had a level 3 shipyard and I still have not recieved my compensation I am sick of waiting when other people already have their money I have put in two reports already.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Joernsson said:

I think it does work. I have a pre-patch SOL with Cartagena and Floating still on. If you try to put these two on a new ship it doesn't work.

Another reason why this patch needed a wipe to be really worth testing...

• Like 1

Not sure I am playing the same game as many posters on here.

Since the patch dropped, I have had more PVP and other content than I have in a long while.

There are many more players on the OW now so good job @admin.

I am used to the UI and its fine In my opinion.

However a couple of points:

First:

The crafting and collecting of resources ( Iron etc) is far to costly. It really makes no sense to try to harvest your mines, you dont have enough hours etc.

Second:

I think The RNG for AI trader/warship Doubloon drops should include a base minimum of say 5 DBs per class of ship IE

7th rate 5 Dbs

6th rates 10 Dbs

5th rates 15 Dbs   etc

With a base  Db drop  for AI ship kills plus a RNG on top it would be less harsh than empty ships and would drag even more players in the OW, thus more PVP.

Third:

Teleportation for yourself costing Doubloons is a poor idea and not really helpful when trying to trade and craft etc.

I sometimes log on to do some admin and collect resources etc and this cost seems a bit harsh and pointless.

Fourth:

The economy is settling down slowly, people are still struggling with the price changes but I think this will settle.

Could we please have some ports especially free-ports producing Consumables at cost. This would aid use of these ports and thus more players in the OW.

Fifth:

Would you please look at the cost of some modules such as bow figures etc.

Some of them are really not worth the cost of buying them at present prices and thus seem a bit useless. 

Finally: 

The new missions and new mods and content are all excellent and its great trying to get to port with stolen Doubloons!! 

We have some new players in the clan who are having a blast in the game now and there feedback is very positive.

I think the future is very good with this new direction and the blend of PVP / PVE promotes good play for more players.

Keep up the good work.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Pirate Blackbeard said:

The crafting and collecting of resources ( Iron etc) is far to costly. It really makes no sense to try to harvest your mines, you dont have enough hours etc.

I'd agree that labor hours go FAST now. Either an adjustment to hours, or an adjustment to the cost of labor contracts, would be helpful. That being said, I've not had to pull from some of my buildings for quite a while since I've captured so many raw materials off traders.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TheHaney said:

I'd agree that labor hours go FAST now. Either an adjustment to hours, or an adjustment to the cost of labor contracts, would be helpful. That being said, I've not had to pull from some of my buildings for quite a while since I've captured so many raw materials off traders.

Yeah its just a balance thing. We have found the cost of harvesting in labour hours and then making goods such as cannon etc is prohibitive now.

It just needs a tweak. 

2 hours ago, TheHaney said:

The problem is that doubloons aren't entering the market in large enough quantities or rapidly enough to bring the price of the contracts down.  There was some availability in freeports but very little in any of the US ports.

If crafters can't buy the doubloons at reasonable prices they won't be converting them to labor contracts.  Won't be any way to recover the cost on the sale of the ship.  It also bottlenecks resource production, which will unnecessarily drive up prices.  That L3 building is much use if you can't afford the labor hours to harvest from it.

Yes it's early.  By next weekend I would expect to see something to start showing up in national ports if this is balanced correctly. 

The 64,000 Doubloon question:  what incentive do Doubloon earners have to sell them at contract?  Or are they getting enough in the first place to think about selling them?  Judging from the above that sounds a bit uneven.

Edited by John Jacob Astor
  • Like 1