Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - New Economy feedback.

Seem that PvP mark got converted to Doubloons 1:1 which seems to me ridiculous If I remember what I had to sacrifice to earn them. 

@admin can you explained why you practically removed PvP marks without compensation? Before patch I had marks to build me few ships, now I cannot afford a single ship from admirality.

Edited by Armored_Sheep
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, admin said:

all resources were converted to new resources (like oak planks to logs) or old resources (like artifacts to artifacts but with new weights or/and prices)
it was in the google doc  - topic on partial wipe was posted 4th may..
topic on removal of combat marks and pvp marks on 19th april

Do you mean the post which say in 20-30 days ???

34 minutes ago, admin said:

all resources were converted to new resources (like oak planks to logs) or old resources (like artifacts to artifacts but with new weights or/and prices)
it was in the google doc  - topic on partial wipe was posted 4th may..
topic on removal of combat marks and pvp marks on 19th april

the same post which said within 20-30 days ?

I hadn't read that the pvps will be removed with nearly no compensation !

As trader ist very hard to get pvps for special upgrades so my ships could escape the DLC-boarding monsters you created,
and now they are gone, yesterday I had pvps for 13 Navy Hull Refits, now I had Doublons for 1/3 Navy Hull Refit,
thats not conversion, thats expropriation.

But as one post above said, trading an crafting were mutiliated, with teleport fees and the requirement of new buildings
so you will get a copy of world of warships.
... and this game could have been so much more ...

• Like 2

Just now, Schwabbel said:

yesterday I had pvps for 13 Navy Hull Refits, now I had Doublons for 1/3 Navy Hull Refit,

But as one post above said, trading an crafting were mutiliated, with teleport fees and the requirement of new buildings

You're really not getting it. The concept of PvP marks versus PvE marks is GONE. GOOOOOOONE.

You can earn Doubloons in a huge variety of ways now. Go play and discover the new economy instead of bitching about it before you even understand the changes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Schwabbel said:

As trader ist very hard to get pvps for special upgrades so my ships could escape the DLC-boarding monsters you created,
and now they are gone, yesterday I had pvps for 13 Navy Hull Refits, now I had Doublons for 1/3 Navy Hull Refit,

The date does not matter because we thought its going to be 20-30 days and took 3-4 months (check valve time laws that apply to all game development even in best companies)

PVP marks and combat marks were abandoned as a concept.
and more wipes are coming before release. complete wipes will take EVERYTHING away (with the exception of XP and Crafting XP). You can expect 2 wipes before the release. One on release and one some time before it (20-30 days before it).

but i understand your frustration completely

• Like 1

Quite annoying:

To build something with Dubloons, you need to have them in Warehouse.

To "Transport" yourself to another Port, you have to have some in your Chest.

Please change the first one, so always your Dubloons to buy something are taken from the Chest

Edited by RedPanther
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheHaney said:

You're really not getting it. The concept of PvP marks versus PvE marks is GONE. GOOOOOOONE.

You can earn Doubloons in a huge variety of ways now. Go play and discover the new economy instead of bitching about it before you even understand the changes.

Oh I got it, was testing 2 weeks on testserver and the concept of the doublons is good, but the adjusted prices destroy the balance.

An by the way, nearly all of the ways to get doublons require fighting. And to build a Ocean I didn't need hundreds of fighting until now because of the 9000 Doublons I have to pay now.

If there are to be no more PvP rewards, what is there to keep a PvP-oriented player with thousands of hours playing the game?

There needs to be a mechanic for PvP players to sustain their lifestyle. Capturing a ship, sailing it 30 minutes to port, teleporting it to LT, and teleporting myself to the port to sell it does not seem like a viable source of income. Completing missions by killing players will take magnitudes longer than grinding AI fleets.

@admin help me understand the logic behind this decision. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Armored_Sheep said:

Same for me : Relase notes say 2000 doubloons will be issued to all captains as a timed redeemable for 14 days. I redeemed it and I still have same amount of doublons in game as before.

Ditto

Edit: Unless I am mistaken the Doubloons go into the port warehouse NOT the Captain's Money Chest. Seems counter-intuitive.…..and why have two different places to keep doubloons?

Also Reals don't show in the Money Chest or Warehouse. I 'think' they are shown under your rank in the top right of the port screen. No idea how one uses them...do they need to go into the money chest or warehouse to use?

@devs - I think you need to explain more clearly a) what players need to do to 'use' reals and doubloons and b) confirm when are the conversions/compensations etc have been issued to people

Edited by NavalActionPlayer

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

On my chars that have level 3 shipyards I only got the 5K doubloons for the level three.  It coast 1K doubloons for level 2 and than another 5K for level 3.  So the pay outs should really be 6K doubloons.  

It may be coincidence but I got 6k as an untimed redeemable - I assumed that was for my shipyard. But if you only got 5k then there's something screwy with the conversions. 

9 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

On my chars that have level 3 shipyards I only got the 5K doubloons for the level three.  It coast 1K doubloons for level 2 and than another 5K for level 3.  So the pay outs should really be 6K doubloons.  

If you really had 3 lvl3 shipyard you should have received a lot of reals + 6k per each lvl 3 shipyards. If you have less please report F11 to investigate.

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me the purpose of silver other than port maintenance and ship repair? idk how we are going to have an economy with 2 currencies, one of which has almost no use or value to players and one that does. 

Edited by Psycho3630

47 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

If there are to be no more PvP rewards, what is there to keep a PvP-oriented player with thousands of hours playing the game?

There needs to be a mechanic for PvP players to sustain their lifestyle. Capturing a ship, sailing it 30 minutes to port, teleporting it to LT, and teleporting myself to the port to sell it does not seem like a viable source of income. Completing missions by killing players will take magnitudes longer than grinding AI fleets.

@admin help me understand the logic behind this decision. 

This ^

I feel.......lost.

8 minutes ago, NavalActionPlayer said:

It may be coincidence but I got 6k as an untimed redeemable - I assumed that was for my shipyard. But if you only got 5k then there's something screwy with the conversions. 

Ok I think it's going in slow cause now I have a second redeeemable for 2K (he had two shipyards).   I think 

5 minutes ago, Pirate Blackbeard said:

This ^

I feel.......lost.

Here was our thinking  - do not mean to offend anyone. so apologies in advance

Part 1
PvP players kill players. If you kill poor players you get poor rewards. If you kill rich players you get amazing rewards in form of their ships and holds.
Maybe you should stop hunting poor players and attack rich players in pvp? 

If this thinking is correct - noobs will be happier (Useless target) and rich pvp players will focus on rich pvp players.

Part 2
You have based on your feedback you have not killed any players after patch. Because if you did kill someone - you would not ask such questions. PVP drops doubloons (sailor salaries and pay + all loot from previous battles). 

• Like 2

Just now, Jon Snow lets go said:

8 doubloons for 5th rate PvP kill vs potentially 3k doubloons on a pve trader seems not balanced, tbh I dont understand how you can push something like this to live servers.

This is my problem also.  Now, you can take a mission that asks you to kill 10 5th rates and get a Doubloon reward plus a chest or two.  The problem is, it can be AI OR Player 5th rates.  So why bother with PVP?  Kill other Players for the fun of it?  Sure, but in a PVP-centric game, that should give the highest rewards.