Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - New Economy feedback.

9 minutes ago, Draymoor said:

Labor contacts as they are aren't adding anything to the game, just more doubloons to the cost of the ship. 

The best thing that could happen is that labor contracts remain redundant because they are too expensive. When players can farm and trade labor efficiently again, its game over immediately. They should just be removed. Imagine crafting over time, so something that costs 1000 LH would instead take 24 hours to craft. Thats what labor originally represented, because crafting over time was technically a problem.

Edited by Fargo

54 minutes ago, Fargo said:

I guess you arent supposed to empty your buildings. Why should you? Production rate now just isnt a limiting factor, and thats a good thing. Makes palyers think instead of emptying everything whenever they can.

Harvest cost of resources defines the cost of ships now, sadly materials are gone for no reason. You cant just decrease it until you can empty your buildings. 

You completely miss the point.

Tonight i did 2 big AI fleets with my clan mates . I sunk 5-6 large ships in one , in the second one I sunk 6 and my prize was 15,000(first) and 25,000(second) reals (approximated) . With repairs and rum , crew herd and hours of research i don't think this battle helped me out .. make prize  bigger enough to make us gain some money . I am scary to lose my ship because I don't have enough reals to buy another one ... Let's not talking about mission what I can't find it verry well made . Make this game with old mechanics but new PORT UI . It's not hard , until you will lose more players than you lost in the past months .

4 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Crap stats.

Because they didnt wipe the first rate meta. What ships are competetive for RvR completely depends on the meta game. No firstrates means no need for first rates.

Your 1000 iron are enough to craft several first rates aswell btw.

Edited by Fargo
  • Like 1

So a week ago I would have given this game highest rating, now probably pretty low if not lowest. You took away my two biggest sources of income, gold mining and cases, u added a ridiculous transport fee, made crafting waaaaay too expensive, and have these stupid dubloons which are way to hard to get. you took away open world tow to make trading far more dangerous.... im pretty much done with my favorite game i ever played... RIP naval action I will miss you.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 3:13 PM, Slim McSauce said:

80% of ports don't have repairs stocked, 80% of ports are therefore not usable to stage PVP from.

Nobody wan'ts to craft and haul repairs around for pennies, there are plenty of better economic ventures.

We still get battles where one side runs and repairs for 80 minutes.

We still only get a few battles worth of repairs in our holds before we have to sail all the way back to port.

No extended stays, no PVP staging, and shitty DPS/heal battles.

I'm ready to debate anybody who disagrees. Come with your best arguments, you're going to need them.

Easy solve...!

Repair item DLC packs!!!

See that wasn't hard to fix!

Next issue?

9 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Even if they wipe all ships, RvR players wont go for any fourth rate. 

Im not saying they will. The whole point was that youre not having any idea what 1k iron means now compared with before. Fact is that labor cost overall for ships even decreased. So stop making unfounded claims everywhere.

What if nations had very good reasons to attack and defends ports now? They would use whatever ships they own... or what else should they use?

My opinion on new Economy is that market is completly a mess becouse players are still learning value of things in reals so some are stockpiling things for time when market becomes stable.

Personaly most issues i have are Ship prices if they are here too stay DLC ships and captured AI Ships will be more popular than crafted ships i do not even bother atm sailing crafted ships im using AI capped Surprise leaving my better ships in ports

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lovec1990 said:

My opinion on new Economy is that market is completly a mess becouse players are still learning value of things in reals so some are stockpiling things for time when market becomes stable.

Personaly most issues i have are Ship prices if they are here too stay DLC ships and captured AI Ships will be more popular than crafted ships i do not even bother atm sailing crafted ships im using AI capped Surprise leaving my better ships in ports

Yeah prices for Ships from players looks overpriced 60k reals for a NavyBrig is like buying a cheap 1st Rate in old currency. 60k reals NavyBrig is a 1.5kk Gold NavyBrig.  But hey someone will think its cheap.

23 minutes ago, Jim Beamreach said:

Yeah prices for Ships from players looks overpriced 60k reals for a NavyBrig is like buying a cheap 1st Rate in old currency. 60k reals NavyBrig is a 1.5kk Gold NavyBrig.  But hey someone will think its cheap.

the insurance for a buc is 90k reals. either the price of ships sold are too high or insurance is too low

11 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

the insurance for a buc is 90k reals.

Production cost is only about 30k reals. So insurances are printing reals.... I really dont understand how it is possible to mess up economy in so many ways.

Insurance should give some doubloons as well. Why only reals when the real cost of the ship is the doubloons. I think it's bad for the game that the only thing keeping players from crafting ships is doubloons, most other materials needed seem to have very little value. The cost in reals to building a ship and other materials aside from doubloons need to gain some more value. 

9 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

How much is the price of the 5300 doubloons required for crafting a Buc?

Production costs arent the problem.

No matter what you pay another player for those doubloons, these reals arent leaving the economy. 

Could you explain how enough reals are supposed to leave the economy to prevent inflation?

10 minutes ago, Fargo said:

No matter what you pay another player for those doubloons, these reals arent leaving the economy. 

Could you explain how enough reals are supposed to leave the economy to prevent inflation?

Reals aren't going to be inflated by insurance at all... have you forgotten trading is a thing? That produces 10000 times more inflation than any insurance ever will. They need to add more sinks for reals, like say... teleporting for reals...? What a crazy idea huh. Or just simply make the economy a fluid system where doubloons value is directly affected by players activity and having a direct exchange between both currencies. 

• Like 1

Just now, Draymoor said:

Reals aren't going to be inflated by insurance at all... 

Resource harvesting cost always was the major money sink. Removing this for ships with insurances, and even making it print additional currency, ofcourse has a major effect on inflation. 

Trade goods not effected by inflation, demand or anything are really bad too. But thats another topic.

5 hours ago, Fargo said:

Resource harvesting cost always was the major money sink. Removing this for ships with insurances, and even making it print additional currency, ofcourse has a major effect on inflation.

How many insurance payouts are there going to be?  I'll normally lose 1 or 2 ships a month, and mostly cheap ones.  I'll probably make more money from fishing than I'll ever receive in "insurance".  Though, we really don't need insurance anyway since we make thousands from every PVE battle. 

• Like 1