Game-Labs Forum

Poll results are in

3 hours ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Simply a ship quite easy to counter by expert pvpers or by those with a good knowledge of her... But apparently unbeatable to the rest of playerbase (that's the majority too).

You never balance something according to the elites/pro's...you balance it to the majority of the players.  If they can't beat it than it's going to be Op when in certain hands.  I think the majority of us have agreed the best temp fix is to move it up to 5th Rate and than it will be limited on certain things and not in shallow PB's.  Once that is done we can better balance it. I'm fine with it's states as a 5th rate that would make it the glass cannon trade raider it's suppose to be where folks only have to worry about it in the OW.  The ship doesn't need to be nerfed to death, but I don't know why they are taking so long to put it back to 5th rate status it had from start. It was a simple hotfix for the Hercules to be moved back and it got balanced out with that move. 

I would prefer them go back and balance some of the older ships a bit that our way out dated.  I would also like to see a new shock type for light ships and below that get broad sided by a SOL so they can't just tank it like most do now.  If one broad side takes you into your structure than you should go into some type of shock not just pull away and run to repair.

The requin is the best newb cluber in the game as it can for the most part ignore the reinforce zone and many players apparently cant figure out how to get away from it. To buff it to a 5th rate they are most likely going to have to buff its hp at the very least like the herc.

That being said nerfing the requin is not going to save the seals. The people that want to pvp are going to go where the largest density of players is and thats in the reinforce zone. Most other places on the map are just empty.

Edited by Aster
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Simply a ship quite easy to counter by expert pvpers or by those with a good knowledge of her...

Nope. If you're in 3 Indiamans and 3 requins tag you in a protected zone, if you make no mistake and they make no mistake, you die and they don't. That's not how reinforcement zone should work. If requins are not nerfed, reinforcement zones could be removed as a fake feature. It's the most risky part of every trade run.

It don't really matter for me if I die. Some new guy however can loose everything he has due to those buggers.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, vazco said:

Nope. If you're in 3 Indiamans and 3 requins tag you in a protected zone, if you make no mistake and they make no mistake, you die and they don't. That's not how reinforcement zone should work. If requins are not nerfed, reinforcement zones could be removed as a fake feature. It's the most risky part of every trade run.

I think you can agree that a 3 indiaman fleet is pretty dead being intercepted by any raider.

Honestly: being intercepted by a Requin gives you more chances to survive: running with the wind.

If intercepted by an Endymion, he will simply park next to you, outgunning and sinking you.

A couple of new players asked me some anti raiding tips. I said them to use or t.lynx speed capped or otherwise t.brig: because a Requin will catch and kill a not speed capped t.lynx while a (not overloaded) t.brig will outrun a Requin downwind and usually a frigate upwind.

12 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

That's true.

Even if not liking moving her to 5th I agree it is the fastest way to temporarly rebalance her.

On the other hand, we are waiting the book/mod revamp patch... That could change a lot of stuff.

I suspect devs are waiting that patch before looking in what needs to be balanced.

Anyhow... Being true ships have to be balanced considering "medium" player, the problem become defining what's "medium".

Some good veteran said Connie is fine and she doesnt need a speed buff. I disagree considering a medium PvPer unable to get out something out of her.

On the other hand, knowing to run with the wind to avoid a Requin should be considered elite skill?

17 hours ago, Captain Reverse said:

this is one of the weakest ships in the game. And I think that it should be upset. Who not agree and is ready to convince me of this?

em?

I think the topic can be closed. Or all the same one of the 100+ discontented will convince me? You will be cheerful, I have content and a test for the stream ... Everybody is happy ...

Edited by Captain Reverse
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

I think you can agree that a 3 indiaman fleet is pretty dead being intercepted by any raider.

No :) Any other ship that tags me in reinforcement zone is either dead, or I can escape. Either reinforcements kill them, or I demast/kill/escape. Endy is fabulously easy to counter with 3 Indiamans and reinforcements. I tried this with 3 bellonas, 3 hercs, 3 5th rates non-herc, 3 6th rates non-requin. Only requins can't be countered. It's repeatable.

Good requin captains will tag you separately and you can't do anything. One will join wherever, two others will join down the wind. Your reinforcements can't do anything - even if you're Cochrane reincarnated, you will loose.

Edited by vazco
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, vazco said:

No :) Any other ship that tags me in reinforcement zone is either dead, or I can escape. Either reinforcements kill them, or I demast/kill/escape. Endy is fabulously easy to counter with 3 Indiamans and reinforcements. I tried this with 3 bellonas, 3 hercs, 3 5th rates non-herc, 3 6th rates non-requin. Only requins can't be countered. It's repeatable.

Good requin captains will tag you separately and you can't do anything. One will join wherever, two others will join down the wind. Your reinforcements can't do anything - even if you're Cochrane reincarnated, you will loose.

Let me know how a lone player with 3 indiaman + 1 frig AI (buffed) will survive to a sticking Endy... aside doing something really smart.

A lone requin will have an hard time even getting close, if indiaman will properly run downwind... aside needing to sterncamp first and then board to cap a single indiaman (usually the not sleeping AFK player).

IMO far easier life 1 endy v 1 indiaman +2 fleety indiaman +1 5th rate buffed AI than 1 Requin v the same (aside the buffed AI being a 6th - still they hurt a truly lot the frail Requin side).

1 hour ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Let me know how a lone player with 3 indiaman + 1 frig AI (buffed) will survive to a sticking Endy... aside doing something really smart.

I don't know if it's particularly smart but if you constantly turn back and forth, running parallel to the wind in each direction, keeping close to the AI eventually their firepower will overwhelm a single attacking ship of almost any type. The key is staying as close to the AI as possible, they won't stay close to you if you run in any one direction for any amount of time.

You have to drastically change your tactics to accommodate the limitations of the AI in a PVP fight in order to get any benefit from them. If you sail as if it was a 1v1 fight that just happens to have some AI in the battle instance you will certainly lose.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, St0nkingByte said:

I don't know if it's particularly smart but if you constantly turn back and forth, running parallel to the wind in each direction, keeping close to the AI eventually their firepower will overwhelm a single attacking ship of almost any type. The key is staying as close to the AI as possible, they won't stay close to you if you run in any one direction for any amount of time.

You have to drastically change your tactics to accommodate the limitations of the AI in a PVP fight in order to get any benefit from them. If you sail as if it was a 1v1 fight that just happens to have some AI in the battle instance you will certainly lose.

So you end to my same conclusion: it is a smartness/experience (or lack thereof) issue. Not Requin or other raiders.

If indiaman runs in the wrong way letting AIs falling back a raider, Requin or Endymion, will kill him.

If he'll stick with AIs and running in the right direction he'll survive, both against Requin and Endymion.

6 hours ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

It's easy. You set your fleet to demast, angle, and when you have opportunity - demast or chain. He will want to angle from reinforcements and that's when you can disengage to chain range. Just stick to reinforcements and they will kill Endy for you. Three broadsides and he's with damaged structure.

You're talking about a single ship, while requins are impossible to counter when they gank in reinforcements - not when they're alone. Any other ship type dies when it ganks in reinforcements (or is much easier to counter, eg. prince). Take 3 Endy's for example  - there's a low chance for all of them to leave reinforcement battle alive :) 

Edited by vazco