Game-Labs Forum

Captin, we're safe! .. Are we?

Safezone...  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a 100% safe, high security, zone?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How many zones per nation should there be?

• I voted No above
    • one
    • two
    • more than two
  3. 3. Should the zone(s) be bigger, smaller or the same size as the current ones?

• I voted for no safe zones
    • Bigger
    • Smaller
    • Same size as current ones
  4. 4. Do you like the idea of several Security zones (High sec = no attacking possible, little reward, Low sec = attacking possible, more reward, battle is open longer)

• I voted for no safe zones
    • Yes
    • No

18 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

top players

you mean top ranked players? I harshly disagree, that a Rear Admiral is a veteran. To me there is just NO difference between a Captain and a RA but the amount of crew he is allowed to command. The ranks are PvE ranks and have NOTHING AT ALL to do with PvP. Why should it not be possible to let someone play on this server PvE all day and RvR in the evenings? Imo that should be the players choice. 

Sorry but all the pvpers saying high ranks shouldn't be protected, I can only tell: attack pvpers instead of those who don't want to pvp. Ofc this implies that, by leaving the safe zone you agree to pvp. Give people choices and they will finally get out of their cosy nests. Or is it that everybody wants to show off with great screenies where you beat the double amount of players that didn't actually want to fight you? 

@huliotkd I would gladly see you fight @z4ys and @Hethwill the Harmless in prince and privateer. But hey it's a sandbox. A hint: hes always at KPR with a couple of other Requin Pros fighting honest fights against honest british captains.

Edited by Palatinose
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

Wouldn't that be a paradoxon? The last attempt to drag people out of the safe zones by new mission system and claiming there is a possibility to address the RoE (which would, in the proposed way drag people out of the safe zones for sure) after localization. Perhaps I did not read your post correctly, could you clarify it please?

I dont see the paradox (yet). Those are two separate issues that are related but can be addressed independently step by step.
Players should not get dragged and should actually want to leave the safe zone themselves if they want something (that shiny thing).
If it is called a safe zone it should give adequate protection (not fake protection that only causes frustration). 

• Like 5

Okay thanks I got you.

Though one of the major issues (for me and many pvpers I talked to) is, that as long as fighting inside safe areas is possible, you wont get people to leave it. If a casual has a choice between waiting for enemies to come to him and fighting on his conditions, why would he leave. As long as pvp is possible in those areas OW will stay empty and people will get into these zones again and again. By making it harder for attackers I fear they will just come in rarer numbers but those inside the reinforcement zone won't come out.

Still I'm looking very much foreward to the mission changes tbh. This definately is a step in the right direction. ❤️ 

• Like 6

Unfortunately especially during low pop times there just is no pvp outside reinforce zones. You can sail around for hours without finding a single player. The only real concentration of players is in the reinforce zone so if you want to find pvp thats where you have to go. Even then thats not always going to work as your choices are, 1 wait to get ganked, 2 attack them and get ganked slightly slower but with super AI, 3 find a open world battle or, 4 bring the requin.

Edited by Aster

2 minutes ago, Borch said:

People always complain out of proportion. Some complain about being attacked, others about revenge fleets, lack of balance between ships, wind blowing in their face in PB supposedly set against them by the dev team. Why you dont know what to think only about one type of complaining people?

I fail a bit at reasoning the complaints about being dragged into pvp in a pvp server.

I totally get the "safety" thing and Safe Zones..., don't misunderstand me, but in essence the excuses presented by the players, when targeted, is the same, be it in zone or zone - oh why don't you let me play my game in peace.

Not trying to make a statement. Just pointing a harsh obvious "masked" issue.

8 minutes ago, Borch said:

Btw you guys do realize that if you would focus on PvE server (or at least PvE content) first and focus on PvP later on this game would be already huge succes?

Many pvp players will give us credit that we indeed spend 100% of time in 2016 and in 2017 on conquest and pvp ignoring pve and ai completely. We learnt a lot during that period. Many times work was spent on ideas interesting in the short term, that actually reduced pvp long term (like alliances). 

Currently we focus on the base foundational features first (UI and Localization). PVE variety and staged pvp events (like duel tournament)is a first step in the right direction. 

• Like 4

Got it :) Guess the fun of learning a pvp game is not taking into consideration. I wonder how a lot of players here learned how to survive the OW pvp... ( and many were not bred with the old per port reinforcement button ). I will disagree. It is not human nature to complain. Human nature is to try and fail and learn. Games are great for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Palatinose said:

you mean top ranked players? I harshly disagree, that a Rear Admiral is a veteran. To me there is just NO difference between a Captain and a RA but the amount of crew he is allowed to command. The ranks are PvE ranks and have NOTHING AT ALL to do with PvP. Why should it not be possible to let someone play on this server PvE all day and RvR in the evenings? Imo that should be the players choice. 

Sorry but all the pvpers saying high ranks shouldn't be protected, I can only tell: attack pvpers instead of those who don't want to pvp. Ofc this implies that, by leaving the safe zone you agree to pvp. Give people choices and they will finally get out of their cosy nests. Or is it that everybody wants to show off with great screenies where you beat the double amount of players that didn't actually want to fight you? 

@huliotkd I would gladly see you fight @z4ys and @Hethwill the Harmless in prince and privateer. But hey it's a sandbox. A hint: hes always at KPR with a couple of other Requin Pros fighting honest fights against honest british captains.

so...if i attak M&C you say i'm killing newbs, if i attak rear admiral you say i'm killing newbs...what i have to attak then?tell me

this server is called PVP, and the other one PVE...you can play PVE also on PVP but you cannot whine if someone kill you when you don't expect that...it's PVP. the player choice is on which server join. if you don't want PVP at all go in PVE server, if you join PVP server may prepare to be sunk...maybe, not sure...but maybe.

if you tell me ''Imo that should be the players choice. ''  i say   ''ok agree, my choice is kill other palyers i find in OW or wherever i want cause i joined PVP server to do that...'' and i demand (yes, demand) other players accept the same risks cause they joined PVP server, not PVE.

i already fought with z4ys and hetwill and they killed me in requin...well palyed. i ragequitted?nope. i whined on forum? nope. just taken another req and go again to fight

before joining spain i was USA since Sea Trials...i pvped with connie, renno, aga, then i opened la tortue going to MortiTown using AI-capped 5th rates cause i hadn't money to refit always a good crafted ship. just tactitcs...i don't have money?i cap an AI. i fought also Liq once at la tortue with a maho/crew/shabby capped surprise and i won...

the problem of players in this game is they are too much scared to lose their precious gold ship...i don't want a bigger safety zone cause most of player are afraid to sink...

Edited by huliotkd
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Palatinose said:

You wrote something really wise some days ago... You wrote you dont see anything different between Requin raiding or firfir 5th rate boarders of the past. Changing mind?

That said.

You're right: rank doesnt mean experience nor skill in pvp. Still stopping calling tagging an r.adm. on Agamennon being on Requin "sealclubbing" could help.

That said, as pointed out elsewhere, it's a reward/(effort+risk) issue.

I duelled Requin v Requin with Sverne. It was long stuff (1h15m) and I took quite some risks. For... 5 marks. My Requins cost usually 40/60 marks each.

How long do you think I can sustain that kind of duels? Do you think it's economically sustainable?

How long any vet can?

And not to remember that plenty veterans (like you) hunt in packs, far more often than me.

Please stop the pro v pro pvp crap... Without reworking completely economy, mods costs, balance and reward.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

so...if i attak M&C you say i'm killing newbs, if i attak rear admiral you say i'm killing newbs...what i have to attak then?tell me

this server is called PVP, and the other one PVE...you can play PVE also on PVP but you cannot whine if someone kill you when you don't expect that...it's PVP. the player choice is on which server join. if you don't want PVP at all go in PVE server, if you join PVP server may prepare to be sunk...maybe, not sure...but maybe.

if you tell me ''Imo that should be the players choice. ''  i say   ''ok agree, my choice is kill other palyers i find in OW or wherever i want cause i joined PVP server to do that...'' and i demand (yes, demand) other players accept the same risks cause they joined PVP server, not PVE.

i already fought with z4ys and hetwill and they killed me in requin...well palyed. i ragequitted?nope. i whined on forum? nope. just taken another req and go again to fight

before joining spain i was USA since Sea Trials...i pvped with connie, renno, aga, then i opened la tortue going to MortiTown using AI-capped 5th rates cause i hadn't money to refit always a good crafted ship. just tactitcs...i don't have money?i cap an AI. i fought also Liq once at la tortue with a maho/crew/shabby capped surprise and i won...

the problem of players in this game is they are too much scared to lose their precious gold ship...i don't want a bigger safety zone cause most of player are afraid to sink...

Don't worry, nobody wants a bigger 'safe zone', we want a safe 'safe zone'. One where you can't kill players by rageboarding them in your Requin. One where you, as the true PvP'er you are - will come and fight other PvP'ers. A game where we can foster new players in the safe zone and hope that some will venture out to open sea.

Let's say that 15% of the server are active PvP'ers, atm we have roughly 3-400 players online. That is 45-60 people...  If we can increase the server population to 1500, that will be 225 PvP'ers. It's not that hard to comprehend - increasing player numbers will increase PvP numbers.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

Patrol zone and meet players that actually fight back :D

Ok true. At the moment the only halfway enjoyable patrol zone is nassau. Its bad RoE is making them a nightmare, usually. Thats why they need fixing. But the idea of a zone where pvpers fight pvpers id good.

6 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

i fought also Liq once at la tortue with a maho/crew/shabby capped surprise and i won...

What ship was i in? My memory is pretty Bad. And im always up for a rematch 😃

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

Don't worry, nobody wants a bigger 'safe zone', we want a safe 'safe zone'. One where you can't kill players by rageboarding them in your Requin. One where you, as the true PvP'er you are - will come and fight other PvP'ers. A game where we can foster new players in the safe zone and hope that some will venture out to open sea.

Let's say that 15% of the server are active PvP'ers, atm we have roughly 3-400 players online. That is 45-60 people...  If we can increase the server population to 1500, that will be 225 PvP'ers. It's not that hard to comprehend - increasing player numbers will increase PvP numbers.

I do agree in a safe safezone. But not a place where eternal noobs can farm gazillions laughing at people that makes this pvp sandbox alive being usually far poorer than them: the pvper, pro or not. I would like to remember: when I leveled up there were not even the forts.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

we were both on surpr, and we were both sinking at the end...but you died faster than me and i escaped :D

Ahh right I think i remember

Got time for a rematch tonight? My surps are already collecting dust. Lol

15 minutes ago, Liq said:

Patrol zone and meet players that actually fight back :D

Ok true. At the moment the only halfway enjoyable patrol zone is nassau. Its bad RoE is making them a nightmare, usually. Thats why they need fixing. But the idea of a zone where pvpers fight pvpers id good.

yes and no...Patrol Zone is a trap where you can't find an equal duel or fight cause you cannot escape if 4068939068390830 players join the enemy side and you are alone...and a zone for PVPers is more like an arena game, world of tanks,warship ecc ecc...i don't like in this game

the beauty of PVPing is studying enemy moves, discover trade routes, learn usual time of enemy travel, discover ''reinforcement-gap'' around capitals, wait for storm and hide inside, hide behind islands or mountain...and then prepare the attak and hit. find enemy where you planned to find him is a big satisfaction...

going for an arena zone isn't so ''magic'' like discovering something about enemy target...imho

10 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

I do agree in a safe safezone. But not a place where eternal noobs can farm gazillions laughing at people that makes this pvp sandbox alive being usually far poorer than them: the pvper, pro or not. I would like to remember: when I leveled up there were not even the forts.

I'm suggesting that here:

A completely safe 'Safe Zone', but high tier ships will only have a limited income. This will make players able to level up and supply themselves with their basic needs - but you must leave should you desire to become rich.

I too leveled up without forts, I however did it in remote outposts much more secure than KPR . I never understood why they stay where there is most traffic, but let's help them along now.

27 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

Which part of choosing a PvP server in place of PVE one is not understood?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

I'm suggesting that here:

A completely safe 'Safe Zone', but high tier ships will only have a limited income. This will make players able to level up and supply themselves with their basic needs - but you must leave should you desire to become rich.

I too leveled up without forts, I however did it in remote outposts much more secure than KPR . I never understood why they stay where there is most traffic, but let's help them along now.

Exactly. But not start again the pvpers v pvpers crap mantra.

If someone doesnt want to be attacked ever: pve server.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Which part of choosing a PvP server in place of PVE one is not understood?

Excuse me?

Which part of basic math and catering to your key demographic is not understood? Must I teach an entire class on business for you to comprehend that a  game without players is a failed game?

Where do you think all of your upgrades and books come from? Certainly not from me... They come from PVE'ers dedicating an entire day to farm fleets for upgrades to sell to you.

Edited by Percival Merewether
  • Like 6