Game-Labs Forum

Patch 26. Spanish Frigate Diana, BR rebalance - Diana is a timed reward.

admin

2 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Also: AI should still be restricted to the old rule of 3,5 knot boarding initiation speed. Or I suspect that a whole lot of ships are going to be lost over the next couple of days to very eager AI boarding ships. AI already has impossible boarding buffs. 

I agree, getting boarded by the AI is already fatal for most PVE'ers, no need to make their life hell :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Aster said:

1st Rate Epics events I fear for any man mad enough to try now.

Actually this change should make Epics much easier. Just go all boarding fit and board all the AI. There is no longer any difficulty in tricking the AI into boarding situations.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Anolytic said:

Actually this change should make Epics much easier. Just go all boarding fit and board all the AI. There is no longer any difficulty in tricking the AI into boarding situations.

"Just go all boarding fit'.....Says it all.  I pity the noobs.  A lot of them spent their first 50CM on DD.

5 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Delta should take into account the ships mass ( 200 ton sloop of war pulling a 1800 ton ship of the line... chuckles ), at the very least. But i bet this is already being taken into account for the future ? @admin

On 9/17/2018 at 8:28 PM, admin said:

[...] After large patch we will also add weight difference to it. Right now DD will act as a weight difference deterrent.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

Just now, Captains said:

8 knots is too high! We in second and first rate will be boarded every time we will get near to a ship...

You can. But won't be close enough so the "AI stops shooting". Test it. You won't be pulled if you keep at 100m, this is a guarantee, but the AI will be shooting back and not fall into the "not shooting back" routine.

Crew bonuses reductions. It's sad. Can't rebalance xebec's crew (DLC rules) so suffer being on others ships too?

Now boarding is an allowed exploit. It can delay an any runner while big ships come in. Blocking in closely-grouped battles. And etc. I dont know how it was in real life but these boarding knots are wrong for the gameplay.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, admin said:

old delta was 8
-4 +4 was possible to board
it was not noticeable due to low speeds.

I don't think you took the vector into consideration stating this. If both ships sail to the same direction, one doing -4 knots, the other +4, delta = 0. Or am I wrong here?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Percival Merewether said:

I have not yet tested this, what happens if two ships are moving towards eachother at 7 kts? that means they're moving at 14kts away from eachother but a speed difference of 0 kts. Can you be dragged?

But vector speed difference is 14 like you pointed out not 0. so my guess you cant board

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

I don't think you took the vector into consideration stating this. If both ships sail to the same direction, one doing -4 knots, the other +4, delta = 0. Or am I wrong here?

i think vector is a wrong word. relative speed would be better one. 
relative speed is 8 knots in that case.

• Like 1

Seeing now "hard numbers" but still having to testing them, my thoughts are:

DD - better than nerfing it, makes it longer pulling timer (or slower pulling speed) so, moreover with ship being still at speed (8 kts), defender would get even more time to turn away from attacker.

Maximum boarding speed at 8 kts, looks reasonable. Still to be tested.

Maximum vector of 5 kts... looks damn too high IMO: way too easy to get chances to start a pull (vs a 8kts ship - so very often ANY 1st rate) required speed for attacker is 3-13kts.

Barricade buff. Prolly not needed. Still to be seen in reality.

Hammocks nerf. Good one.
Personally I'd avoid difference among rates. Hammocks book should get the same (like 10%) all over the table. IMO again.

Good one new rewards/cash for kill - still to be checked.

6 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

I have not yet tested this, what happens if two ships are moving towards eachother at 7 kts? that means they're moving at 14kts away from eachother but a speed difference of 0 kts. Can you be dragged?

speed difference in that case is 14 knots

• Like 2

That boarding change looks like leeway to me. Some people will fail to adept and beach themselves :P

To me it looks like a better way than to add musketry (passive) .Boarding is (active) an active feature and will reward the ones who try.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, admin said:

If 4th rate DLC ship appear it will only have effect on the economy, as there are clear alternatives which are similar or better in its rank.

Crafted ships compete with captured AI, ship notes, and DLCs for the same thing in the economy: dock spaces in the acquiring player's inventory.

If a DLC is similar at the same rank, or provides significant capabilities unavailable at at the same rank (i.e., Le Req.), there is less reason for buying a crafted ship.

This is unlikely to have a positive effect on player-to-player transactions.

Edited by John Jacob Astor
clarification

Just now, Hethwill the Harmless said:

No discussion there. But it is a nice secondary effect, have to admit.

I think the issue is bigger, in that there is no more hugging period.  Certainly a big change for the Herc driver.  That 200 crew means even DD was useless against 5ths and above.

2 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

That would be 8 knots

Okay I don't have a clue about maths :D I'm talking about the vector modulus (google translate also gives magnitude, though i guess that's more physics) of two moving objects in a two dimensional space(?). That better? Anyways I think you know what I mean :) 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2018 at 12:34 PM, admin said:

Hotfix 19th September

• All upgrades increasing crew rebalanced (data below)
  • XP and Money for kills and assists rebalanced based on BR of vessels (slight increase for 1-2nd rates)
  • Yacht can now enter port battles and can be added to fleets
  • Determined defender bonus lowered from 30% to 0.001%
  • Boarding max speed increased to 8 knots (previously around 4 knots). Vector of speed difference between your ship and enemy ship cannot exceed 5 knots to board. Both vessels must be below 8 knots. 
  • Barricades defensive bonus increased by 0.1 and attack penalty increased by 0.1 as well. 

Crew bonuses reductions

• Shipbuilding:
    • Very cramped: 5% - previous 10%
    • Cramped: 2.5% - previous 5%
    • Extra crew trim: 7.5% - previous 10%
  • Modules and books:
    • Light ship hammocks refit: 5% - previous 15%
    • Hammocks book: 7.5%-7.5%-2.5% - previous 20%-10%-5%

... what a bu..sh.t .... really ...  are there no other problems in the game mechanic than boarding?

I will test it but ... boarding at 8 knots will be a disaster i think ... also because  both ship will slow down to 0 knots in boarding ...  this will take a while and if the ships are not parallel in same direction ... the boarding will be interruptet and the players will be more and more angry with everey failed boarding attempt  ...

these will be boring fights

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

Specially if you always play with boarding modules and have a ping of 14. Does it sound familiar?

i could do the same on global with 120-150ping 😉 Ping is just an cheap excuse. I always expect the unexpected like being boarded by a santi @Sir John