Game-Labs Forum

Wipe on release, 3-4 months?

On 8/14/2018 at 3:17 PM, admin said:

Date unknown. Localization will take some time as well. 

If you need help with polish localization let us know im pretty sure there will a lot of guys here glad to help 😉 We got few real life sailors with specialized knowledge of sails etc...

• Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 9:17 AM, admin said:

Rank xp, crafting xp is safe and guaranteed
Money, resources, upgrades owned and probably ships will definitely get wiped - some ships might get provided as a head start (including Pandora free DLC)
The rest (ship xp, books, skills, etc) wipe status is unknown and will depend on the multiple factors.

Expect the worst

1. Is January still the accepted date of release?

2. Any update on skills/books decision? 😕

• Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 1:54 AM, Norfolk nChance said:

Hey fella where did you get this from? I’ve seen no mention, no word or hint at it in any post.

Norfolk.

Inferring since Admin posts have recently showed "3-4" months as an intended goal. January would make sense for release/asset wipe in that timeframe.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:10 AM, Charles Edward Stuart said:

Inferring since Admin posts have recently showed "3-4" months as an intended goal. January would make sense for release/asset wipe in that timeframe.

yeah I can see where PCs may think that now. In my opinion without @adminsaying hopefully in this or that time scale you can't make that assessment.

Norfolk

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

@Ink has also promised that we'd keep our ship knowledge (books), but with the changes annoucned by admin - I'm beginning to doubt that we will keep this system.

It's all good though, we're only testing now.

Thanks for finding that. I was sure I read it somewhere. Funny part is it's my thread. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

I do, I made the topic. You might enjoy to delete your character over and over and that's fine but I don't want to. 

?? I stated what has been said by the devs. Rank and Crafting level is what is most surely assured.

Assuming anything else is void - read - unless skill book changes.

We had plenty of mechanics that ended in "grinding" becoming obsolete and thus removed and replace by something else.

No idea why my personal choice became your argument.

Have a good day.

Personally I would like to see the crafting levels wiped. It ensures national (or clan based or whatever it will be) efforts at the beginning after the wipe. Wipe the books, but the hello kittying grind was (and still is for new ships/new meta ships) the most annoying thing in this game. 

Edited by Palatinose

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

The grinding slots should be shared between some ships. For example, if you grind the slot on a Bucentaure, you unlock also the Pavel and the Christian VII.

And the amount of pve farming to get the rare books is insane because it depends on rng.

For what reason? They are different ships right? The books are currently not at all a problem as Epic Events drop those rare books like crazy.

Edited by Palatinose

4 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Indeed, they are different but belongs to the same rate or class.

And in epic events, you must have the luck to loot the book you are looking for.

Well do 10 Epics with the same 6 guys and I'm pretty sure you will get three AoS, Gunnery Enc. and BofR out of it. Sharing is caring.

1 hour ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

?? I stated what has been said by the devs. Rank and Crafting level is what is most surely assured.

Assuming anything else is void - read - unless skill book changes.

We had plenty of mechanics that ended in "grinding" becoming obsolete and thus removed and replace by something else.

No idea why my personal choice became your argument.

Have a good day.

Did you not read what ink said? It was just linked. All but the books subject to change are safe. You know I argue with facts more than anyone. If u said Davos said it they did. 

• Like 1

Anyhow... All I know for certain is that I will never grind a ship again nor will I get the 3 books again. If that is wiped I'm done. 4000 hours in naval action and I went to effort to ask devs before I got 3 books. I don't have time for another 1000 hour grind. That's a discrace imo. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, RKY said:

Let's be honest for a second, even if everything was deleted, it wouldn't change much our everyday life in game.

We would still only go pvp even without ship knowledge like we do atm on 3rd rate. Ships you really use will be grinded back in no time.

As for books, well, I know for a fact I would not grind, just buy it for pvp marks. Price would be higher because everyone would want them.

Those grinding NPC would mostly be beginners learning the game or those casual we already have and it would help them sustain a certain level of finances.

I don't play as much anymore. Maybe 10 hours a week. 

You won't be able to buy books with marks for at least 6 month after wipe. Don't forget art of cargo and notes on best dropped way more often after last wipe. It will take alot longer for us to get mods again. I cannot accept hundreds of hours of my life being wasted after ink told us our books were safe.