Game-Labs Forum

We tried again but ... eh ... bye.

Hi there !

Today, some old NA players (since 2016) came back after > 1 year away from the game (hello mid-2017 update and wipe).

We thought that mechanics (so game) changed a little, we heard about some good vibs.

We were enthusiastic and joyful to meet again, sailing shoulders to shoulders both in PvE or PvP. We managed to find some golds/ships to get some Buc/Bello to try some good old PvE Fleet orders.

In order to take a fresh new start (we're crafter lvl 50 etc) we got in mind to buy that Admiralty Connection to boost our production and then helping devs.

We headed to our Fleet Order just in front of our Country capital with 4 rank 2, starting the fight when 3 enemies Hercules popped-up. (you know that kind of OP DLC ship)

We left the rank 2/3 IA to focus Hercules.

One was quickly demasted but the other two took nothing ... Full Buc's broadside (long cannon) just removed 1 square of side armor. While 1 Buc was facing IA + Hercules two of us decided to escape.

At last, 1 Buc were lost at IA and 1 at Hercules cause this little cancer thing just rake the stern, dealing incredible damage but do not take any damage ... 

Since one year nothing really changed, only few numbers in code or statistics. Its always ok for random players to invade PvE order, joining IA side.

Stop that. Allow players to join battles between players and Open World NPC (and if NPC is from same nation) but remove the way they can join PvE Orders ... This has already been said.

By the way, we will not buy DLC and we're probably willing to leave the game, again.

I was trying to explain how stupid invading PvE order is and why Naval Action loses many players but community is debating about "AI or IA" or some interesting stuff with a lot of condescension ...

Game will flow but it's okay for them.

Edited by Scrouch
  • Like 1

Your mission was close to your capital? And players jumped in your mission. So, your mission wasnt in front of your capital, you were outside of the reinforcement zone. So, mission is open for 3 min! Take missions in the zone,  no one can jump in! You should talk with players from your Nation before you start sailing blind without knowledge of gamemechanics. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scrouch said:

We were aware about reinforcement area, I complained about that "a little too OP" DLC ship and how invading PvE order have to be rework another time.

hey ... but they will answer that this is a "hardcore" game (and of course their concept of hardcore is  some likle "sailing uncatchable failfitted OP DLC ships just to farm PVP marks on newbies or PVE players and flee like the wind as soon as a combat patrol shows up").

Edited by victor

Thing is there is still no clear information about your mission, if enemies can jump in.

There should be a clear "Warning, this mission is out of reinforcement zone, enemy player ships can join for the next 3 minutes". "Warning you have attacked AI fleet in reinforcement zone, enemy player can join for the next 10 minutes" etc. 

A do not show again tick box, but minimising into a small "RED" letter of W (arning) or D (anger). After enemy join timer is out, no enemy joined, letter disappears or a green S (afe) letter. 

@admin is this too much of an effort? It must not be a rocket science? 

• Like 1

I would advice you to do mission elsewere but the capital since you now know that is the hotspot area for PvP because people dont discover the map

Close PvE orders in any way.

Imo, only joinable OW fights should be: 

• PvP battle (sigh)
  • Hostility missions
  • AI ship/fleet tagged by player in OW (and nation dependent ? ex. only GB players can join a british AI tagged)

On another hand why enemy players joining PvE mission are team-up with AI ? Shouldn't they be sided in a 3rd "team" ? PvE missions are fairly balanced (based on players BR/ships and order level) but adding several players on AI side is just ugly.

We were ready to fight vs IA + 3 Hercules but we suddenly noticed that ship is pain-in-ass ... just hugging stern, tanking massive amount of damage then we just gave up, disgusted

Stop keep limiting pvp please, the game already offers all the tools to be almost completely safe from getting attacked.

We have reinforcement zone, capital area zones.

We also have option to "operate" from areas where almost never are any players. Just sail to a port where very little player activity and do missions from there.

That's the first thing I did when I was new and was ranking up doing combat missions, I left capital and made an outpost on a remote location away from the "heat".

I wasn't bothered much after that.

Edited by Po Tsai
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Po Tsai said:

Stop keep limiting pvp please, the game already offers all the tools to be almost completely safe from getting attacked.

We have reinforcement zone, capital area zones.

We also have option to "operate" from areas where almost never are any players. Just sail to a port where very little player activity and do missions from there.

That's the first thing I did when I was new and was ranking up doing combat missions, I left capital and made an outpost on a remote location away from the "heat".

I wasn't bothered much after that.

I agree with you that PVP should not be limited in that way.  I have to disagree with you when you say that reinforcement zones protect players.  Reinforcements are a joke and its not fair to tell the baby seals that they are protected there.  

10 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

Reinforcements are a joke and its not fair to tell the baby seals that they are protected there.  

Yes you are right, reinforcement zone's aren't safe but they are pretty protected there, not by AI but by the join timer that allows your allies to join no matter how long the battle lasted.

Alot of times you only have to "buy time" in battle and it will be fine.

At least from my own experience, i hit someone in reinforcement zone I need to plan the attack, keeping in mind that any second more players can join. So i can't allow my sails to be damaged too bad and not having repair sails ready for quick escape.

8/10 no matter which capital i am hunting at i end up running from 5-12 player ships. I would call that pretty protected.

@Po Tsai you seem disappointed, as your baby seal farming area is being questioned?

Btw let’s cut the crap, those guys you are farming, I bet they do not know how to open nation chat and call for help, even they do, you will be finished with them long before support arrives ;)

Edited by AeRoTR

17 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

@Po Tsai you seem disappointed, as your baby seal farming area is being questioned?

Btw let’s cut the crap, those guys you are farming, I bet they do not know how to open nation chat and call for help, even they do, you will be finished with them long before support arrives ;)

My farming area would be MT or KPR if i was even remotely interested in farming seals. In case you didn't notice that's where the "farming" happen.

It does happen that I go KPR aswell, usually don't stay long, i tend to get bored in the same area. Now I been around dutch water when I decide to hunt,  and from there go to france now and then for change of scenery.

I hit all ships.. noobs, vets, cutters, buccentaurs. I just don't like fightin 10 of em.

But it's okay, you can try all you want to make me look like a baby seal farmer..:). But know that there is no ship nor captain that I wouldn't attack.

Win is different story, but attack yes.

Edited by Po Tsai
  • Like 1

Just a note, as I see the same "syntax" misinterpretation over and over again.

- Reinforcements are not replacements. They are not intended to substitute the player. The player has to fight for his ship life in most cases, so please stick with the reinforcements and stop running away. It is your best choice.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Scrouch said:

No reinforcements available during PvE order 🧐

Sorry didn't know that, to be honest didn't even think you actually enter enemy side combat missions, thought their ships just "vanished" from the open sea not leaving after any crossed swords.

And if no reinf available then I do agree should not be able to engage enemies in a combat mission.

However to avoid abuse of this, i would advise that you can't enter a combat mission if you have been engaged in any pvp within last 30 mins or so, and you shouldn't be able to engage in pvp for 30 min after you have exited combat mission.

Edited by Po Tsai

1 hour ago, Scrouch said:

No reinforcements available during PvE order 🧐

No reinforcements available during OW battle, only when you are attacked directly, yes, that is the rule. 

Combat Order in Zone closes imemdiately, so what would be the point of reinforcement ?

Attack the NPC is a normal OW battle, not a combat order.

16 minutes ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

No reinforcements available during OW battle, only when you are attacked directly, yes, that is the rule. 

Combat Order in Zone closes imemdiately, so what would be the point of reinforcement ?

Attack the NPC is a normal OW battle, not a combat order.

Thanks for clearing things up, i was getting confused.