Game-Labs Forum

Patch 25: Open world user interface update.

admin

Suggestion:

Stop calling ships Constitution, Niagara, La Requin etc. These are ship names, instead use their class names for example, L'Hermione would be renamed to Concorde-class ship, etc.

Also, the rating system, different navies had different rating systems, adopt a customized rating system based on the number of guns and their weight or some other proper criteria. This should make the rating system more balanced.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sparkydog said:

but make people actually have to craft them like normal ships.

Avoiding that pure time-tax is the main selling point for me.

instead of people sailing them around all willhe nillhe style.

I so look forward to that.

Imported ships makes the game more fair; If you don't enjoy getting mats, hauling and crafting nobody forces you to just like people are able to avoid pvp forever.

Why Do DLC premium ships have to come as redeemables? Why not sell the BP's and still leave the other limits in place but make people actually have to craft them like normal ships.  Or maybe make it a combo- like the DLC is 10 redeemable ships and the BP to craft them after the first 10 sink.  Might add some intrinsic value to the premium ships instead of people sailing them around all willhe nillhe style.  It would also contribute to the game economy if mats still have to be crafted or purchased. Just my 2 cents.

because else no one will buy DLCs?

10 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Have to ask @admin

With the forged papers now also adding a name change with this patch. Does that mean you can change your name and stay in the same nation or must you also change your nation when changing your name?

Another way to ask, is nation switch and name change together, or separate?

separate item - separate cool down.. but part of Prolific forger DLC

7 hours ago, Archaos said:

Can you confirm when the bonus will kick in, for example if I hit the "B" button to go battle sails is the effect immediate or do my sails have to actually reach battle sail percentage for the bonuses to take effect. If it is instant then hitting the "B" button will become standard when someone fires chain at you and even for turning you can tap the "B" button to increase turn rate and increase to full sails again without losing too much speed.

Effect kicks in once you reach battle sails. Not immediate.

• Like 3

@admin

I ask a clarification about the "ship/bulding" DLC

the DLC will give additional slots for ships means that we will have to buy ingame such slots or means that this slots will be simply added to our existing slots (i.e. if I have 20 ship slots and buy the DLC, will I have - let's say 25 - slots or will I have just the right to buy with gold other 5 slots)?

Edited by victor

22 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Avoiding that pure time-tax is the main selling point for me.

I so look forward to that.

Imported ships makes the game more fair; If you don't enjoy getting mats, hauling and crafting nobody forces you to just like people are able to avoid pvp forever.

There's still a lot of better ships you'll only be able to get from crafters. Besides, when they buff something to equal the herc or raise its BR, it won't be as much fun to take into PBs.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shrez said:

I have to be in a clan to see main content?

ONLY IN NA!

Depends on your definition of the main content. You only need to pay 100k (3 cutter missions) to see this content; this is definitely not a lockout. Everyone can have 100k just after passing tutorials and doing a couple of missions.

7 minutes ago, admin said:

Depends on your definition of the main content. You only need to pay 100k (3 cutter missions) to see this content; this is definitely not a lockout. Everyone can have 100k just after passing tutorials and doing a couple of missions.

Or just hit a couple of trader brigs/snows and sink them.

Why Do DLC premium ships have to come as redeemables? Why not sell the BP's and still leave the other limits in place but make people actually have to craft them like normal ships.  Or maybe make it a combo- like the DLC is 10 redeemable ships and the BP to craft them after the first 10 sink.  Might add some intrinsic value to the premium ships instead of people sailing them around all willhe nillhe style.  It would also contribute to the game economy if mats still have to be crafted or purchased. Just my 2 cents.

Yes nobody will pay real money for ship with 10 lives+BP. anyway every time premium ship is redeemed its just ship you will still need too buy or craft cannons and upgrades.

Only issue atm is how do we balance these two ships so there will be no pay to win.

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

@admin

if i currently have a herc because of the final exam. Will i be able (in case i bought the dlc) to get a 2nd herc or do i have to get rid of the first one  so i can redeem the dlc ship?

Imported ships can only be redeemed if you do not have the same ship in the docks. So you will have to lose the first one or destroy it to redeem a new one.

Just now, admin said:

Imported ships can only be redeemed if you do not have the same ship in the docks. So you will have to lose the first one or destroy it to redeem a new one.

please add this to the steam dlc content description if not already done.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:41 AM, admin said:

Patch will be deployed within a week

Intrepido, that was written yesterday by admin. You say it was announced by the end of May and it takes a week to implement it. We are on June 19. The one that is not understood is you.

Edited by Sento de Benimaclet
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Hmmm dont think so. My guess we will have it next week.

as i get it admin said within a week so 7 days from yesterday so up to next monday, but based on their rollout history if everything is on track patch will arrive in 24 or 48 hours

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wind said:

Battle sails now give bonuses to

• Ship turning - +?
  • Yard turning - +?
  • Sail resistance - +?

What percent are we talking about here? and why it's hidden? @admin

I hope the bonuses offset the loss of speed. It would help lower the need for speed - generally more speed gives more manueverability atm.