Game-Labs Forum

Safezone? Yes! For max lvl too? No!

3 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Create mechanics that FORCE players to leave the safe zones.

I believe you might have been around when missions were never in the region where they were taken but always in a region away so players had to sail. Example of this would be . take a mission in Gustavia region, the mission would always be in Oranjestad region.

Please, remember us all how it ended ?...

Yes, we, playerbase, ask many things but forget that we did not like them and voiced against them :) 

14 minutes ago, the Kidd said:

true...

than your solution is taking away safe zones?

A thing that will just make easier "players getting ganked, traders killed, players caught in NPC battle"

image.jpeg.29116dac9287170d53578971178c6daf.jpeg

Edited by victor

4 minutes ago, Christendom said:

- get rid of 11 nations for 700 players.  the nations are so diluted.  

I'd love to see the map divided in 3, 3 nations...    population would probably be more balanced between nations, and I believe there would be more rvr as well, because the nations would have the player base to do it.

• Like 1

Just now, Hethwill said:

I believe you might have been around when missions were never in the region where they were taken but always in a region away so players had to sail. Example of this would be . take a mission in Gustavia region, the mission would always be in Oranjestad region.

Please, remember us all how it ended ?...

Yes, we, playerbase, ask many things but forget that we did not like them and voiced against them :) 

that's bad implementation and design.  Not a bad idea.  Which unfortunately seems to be the trend here. 

• Like 1

Just now, Christendom said:

that's bad implementation and design.  Not a bad idea.  Which unfortunately seems to be the trend here. 

I think we suggest a lot of things looking at "what might be the result" instead of "what is the purpose of it".

I know I do :wacko:

Just now, SKurj said:

I'd love to see the map divided in 3, 3 nations...    population would probably be more balanced between nations, and I believe there would be more rvr as well, because the nations would have the player base to do it.

i'd love like 3/4 nations and one outlaw faction that is 100% entirely clan based.  Clan owned everything.  Clan taxes.  Clan alliances....... oh the possibilities..

• Like 1

Just now, Hethwill said:

I think we suggest a lot of things looking at "what might be the result" instead of "what is the purpose of it".

I know I do :wacko:

Go to location Z and kill X amount of things, return for reward is MMO coding 101.  EVERY MMO or RPG style game has those types of missions in their arsenals.  

2 hours ago, the Kidd said:

No it is not... i miss a real open world sandbox PVP mmorpg.... I want to sail around the world want to craft my owen stuff and will permanteny been able to attack/get attacked on open world... thats what i want... a real simulation...

nothing against a safezone or a spot for newbys but not a safezone for everyone and all the time

The thing is you can have exactly what you ask for, you can sail around the world, craft your own stuff, and permanently be able to attack and be attacked (as long as you are not in the safe zone), so why do you need to impose your way of play on others who do not wish to play that way? If there are enough players like you then you will find plenty of action without having to camp safe zones.

Whoever thinks that max ranked shall not have a safezone, please tell me how those players should do their boring PVE without getting ganked by a gankfleet? They would just stop playing like we saw it with Patch 10 and players got farmed like hell in front of capitals.

There is no way a firstrate can withstand a gank by 5 frigates that know what they are doing.

1 hour ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Just curious, for that hour or so you only want PVE, then why not log into the PVE server?

Because they may not have levelled up on the PvE server, why should people be forced to grind their levels on both servers just because now and again they have limited time to play and now and again just fancy bashing some AI instead of PvP.

8 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Go to location Z and kill X amount of things, return for reward is MMO coding 101.  EVERY MMO or RPG style game has those types of missions in their arsenals.  

No idea. I play sims and wargames, not mmos. That's why I came to NA.

Thanks for the synopsis of what a MMO is. Makes sense why I don't play them :) 

Just now, Never Surrender said:

Whoever thinks that max ranked shall not have a safezone, please tell me how those players should do their boring PVE without getting ganked by a gankfleet? They would just stop playing like we saw it with Patch 10 and players got farmed like hell in front of capitals.

There is no way a firstrate can withstand a gank by 5 frigates that know what they are doing.

Pull missions at capital. They close instantly.

2 hours ago, admin said:

I have to resort to camping enemy zones and dont pve at all. I am often ignored unless enemy have 7x advantage.

What i am saying is that pvp ing - atacking my ship 2v1 or 1v1 is not happening even though sinking my ship might give 10 marks to enemy (which at current prices greatly exceed the cost of building and fitting 2-3 similar vessels. 

So i will repeat. No reward will force player out of the safety zone. If someone wants pvp he is already out there somewhere - chasing or running. Those who are in the safe zone they dont want out and no incentive will force them.

UNLESS pvp is the only way to progress

If no reward is enough to entice people out of their safe zones, how about tweaking the risk downward? I remember playing with multiple dura ships. I remember being WAY more willing to risk PvP in my less confident phase of gameplaying when a ship I had invested in was not lost forever. The smaller the ship, the more duras, which meant newer players could gain confidence and skill without taking the economic and timesink hit of having to get a new ship. By the time one ranks up to the bigger ships, at least one knows how to make money and understands basic pvp tactics (even if learned the hard way - by losing).

Multiple duras may not be THE answer to more pvp, but is could be part of the answer. 

Just now, Never Surrender said:

Do you even read!?

I'm not against safezones I just think there should be a parameter to who can use and who can't use them. I say if you're in a war-type clan you shouldn't get to use safezones, they should only protect dedicated PVE players and newbros. I have no problem doing PVE in danger of getting jumped. You're not completely safe anywhere so you should pull missions when its advantageous. If you don't subscribe to that then don't take part in the PVP side of things.

36 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Let's face the truth, combat news are full of newbies/rookies seal clubbed, players getting ganked, traders killed, players caught in the edge of safe zone or in NPC battle in reinforcement zone. There is no meaningful PvP, Revenge fleets are a cancer, speed meta is still at its best. We have now 10x more speed mods than a year ago, we took a big step back.

If combat news is full as you say then imagine what it would be like without safezones. 

You are a very experienced player and have posted multiple screenshots and videos of your wins against superior odds, so you should not be surprised that people will run from you even if they outnumber you. The only way you are going to get the meaningful PvP you desire is if others reach your level of skill. One of the biggest problems in the game is that many experienced players group together and then wonder why they cannot find worthwhile opponents to fight.

I agree with your thoughts regarding the revenge fleets and speed meta.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Landsman said:

So what's your point exactly? PvE players playing solo in the greenzone is good for the player numbers in a MMO game even tho those players could very well be offline and nothing would change other than the player number counter?

If I am on, doing PvE and something fun PvP wise pops up, then I will jump in.  If i am not on, then I will never PvP.
If I am planning on a couple trade runs and I can intercept an enemy for a friend, I will do so.  If I am not on, it never happened.
If I have a meaningful PvE goal, I will log on.  When I get on, I will ask around for what is happening.  If it looks like fun, I am in. If it does not look like fun or nothing is happening, then I'll do my PvE.
I can get on and grind slots, I will do so and be a better PvP player when that time comes.  Both leveling the ship and learning to sail it better.  Maybe snag that rare book or upgrade... nah just kidding.  You never see those.  Ever.  Want another swing bed?  The Savannah S&M community already has too many and don't want more.
I don't mess with RvR anymore because it's too much time and effort.  Time to get the ships, time to get my ship in place,  time to grind hostility, time to get in the attack fleet for the battle, time to do the battle and the post battle ganks.  All for nominal reward.
I long ago got sick of the free port in and out dance.  My goodness, could someone actually invent a worse gameplay if they tried?
I used to really enjoy helping new people out.  But since they will quit after a month tops, why bother.

In fact right now, I am not playing Naval Action and playing a game that has many of those components. 

I really need to get on NA and make my redeemable ships from the merge before they are wiped, but why?  Now when I get on, see very few of my old clan mates on at all.  No joking around in nation chat to speak of.  We all say hi, maybe some of them are sailing a half hour away doing patrols.  If they were on doing PvE we might chat a bit.  I piddle a little bit, maybe go do an AI and get off.  If there is a big gank fleet around I'll just get off.  I actually don't know what the current Victory Mark ship deal is.  I know that for me it was unplayable a month ago.  I don't care if they fixed it.  Actually they lost me when they put it in place without talking the the community before hand.

I only come here because I can post while I sit on hold at work or if I need a quick mental break; and I have some hope the game becomes playable in the future.  Because I love the game.  It could be great. But by August last year I was just trying to play something I stopped enjoying and lost hope it's going to get better.

Because the only thing talked about here is how to force people to sail out and get sunk in numbers to make the PvP full time crowd happy.  Have fun guys. But much like the passenger pigeon, you kill enough of them for long enough... eventually, they stop being around at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the Kidd said:

Thats not polite.... you say i am selfish or what ever because i want a real opem world PvP Game ??? really ... I can also say you want get attacked but Play on a PVP server thats also not a polite answer and it isnt constructive...

The solution to your problem is quite simple ... as I have said it before ... if you remove safe zones then remove battle timers too ... but you would not like that since you want to have your toast buttered on both sides buddy. I fully endorse the balance that the Devs are currently getting at ... they want a game that has room for everyone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

Am I ?

Never felt like it.

In theory.  I think the problem is this game is being developed with both in mind, but can't figure out what it wants to be.  

But this is neither here nor there.  If this game wants to continue as an OW mmo, it needs to do what other games managed to do and that's make PVE interesting enough to keep casual players in the game.  

• Like 2

Just now, Sir William Hargood said:

The solution to your problem is quite simple ... as I have said it before ... if you remove safe zones then remove battle timers too ... but you would not like that since you want to have your toast buttered on both sides buddy. I fully endorse the balance that the Devs are currently getting at ... they want a game that has room for everyone.

You can actually have both PVE and PVP within safezones, all consenting without interfering with each other. EVE does it and NA could do it too.

2 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

I'm not against safezones I just think there should be a parameter to who can use and who can't use them. I say if you're in a war-type clan you shouldn't get to use safezones, they should only protect dedicated PVE players and newbros. I have no problem doing PVE in danger of getting jumped. You're not completely safe anywhere so you should pull missions when its advantageous. If you don't subscribe to that then don't take part in the PVP side of things.

If people can't congregate and sail in front of their "capital" port because 5 enemy Wasas are parked out there sinking every boat that makes the mistake of undocking, then players disperse to the corners of the map and people stop logging in and that nation dies, and eventually the whole game dies as well.  If you happen to have a 5 Wasa gank fleet in your own nation they are probably parked in front of somebody else's capital port and aren't going to be any help on the home front.