Game-Labs Forum

Patch 16: Control, Mast and Ship strengths rebalance.

admin

8 minutes ago, Odol said:

Nothing should prevent you from attacking a fleet solo... it is unwise but hey, people have done dumber things.  Like complain about how hard a fleet mission is when solo.

Good for you here is 1 like for you. So, why call it a bug then? and why there was a so called fix?

Edited by H2O

Just now, H2O said:

Good for you. So, why call it a bug then?

He said it was a bug you could do them by yourself.  Not that it was a bug you could enter them alone.

You can enter an Epic mission alone.. doesn't mean you will succeed. 

2 minutes ago, Odol said:

He said it was a bug you could do them by yourself.  Not that it was a bug you could enter them alone.

You can enter an Epic mission alone.. doesn't mean you will succeed. 

So, what is the point of keeping them open to public if they are almost impossible to solo?

Just now, H2O said:

So, what is the point of keeping them open to public if they are almost impossible to solo?

Because someone would want to try.  And there are a FEW people who can pull them off.  How, because they know how to sail, and are good at PVE. 

4 hours ago, Odol said:

How is it any different than anyone who took the control perk now?  I have it and I stay WELL within the 750m range on any of the ships I sail.  And I rarely sail ships without chasers.   I just don't follow directly behind my targets so their stern chasers aren't as accurate.   And I don't worry about hitting them with shots as often. 

I mean really people stop whining about this, it is a good change.   It could be better that Control is an automatic thing.  You cant disengage as long as you are with in 750m of an enemy ship.  

Nothing dumber than a ship with no masts suddenly vanishing because he escaped to the OW while you are 10ft from it trying to board him.  

Its different becasue they are NOT having to spend a perk point to have the perk. Which frees up the perk point/slot for something else. My issue is it is FREE

6 minutes ago, Odol said:

Because someone would want to try.  And there are a FEW people who can pull them off.  How, because they know how to sail, and are good at PVE. 

Why would Devs deploy fix and why would you keep it open to new guys who have 0 idea what those fleets are and what danger they posses? This can result in players loosing ships for no reason and lack of information.

Maybe it's a good idea to add description with clear warning saying 2nd rates will spawn inside 3rd rate restricted fleet. 

This kinda stuff makes me don't want to play. 

Edited by H2O

6 minutes ago, H2O said:

Dude don't be smart copying/pasting wikipedia. Take out Bellona and go solo 3rd rate mission and report back here with result. Take a deep breath it helps to talk calmly on Teamspeak as well as forums.  

Not supposed to solo? Then maybe there should be a big and clear tag saying do not solo! :)

Uh dude why you telling me to calm down, your the one having a hissy cause you can't solo a fleet mission.  Once again a mission meant to do with a fleet not solo or it would be called...>SOLO MISSIONS<  

You really need to calm your tits man, just about ever post you make your complaining about things. I got something for that though...

cZHPn7S.jpg

Seems like your the only one that doesn't understand what the word FLEET means so get your panties out of a wade.

No one said you can't solo them, we just said they are going to be hard to solo.  I have solo a 10 1st rate mission before it took the whole hour and half to kill all them but I did...actually I ran out of time before I could kill the last one.  So nothing is impossible. 

I don't honestly see a problem with this for a third rate fleet mission cause if you brought a couple of ships you will easily work over these ships and what they add (it always has +1 or 2 more ships).   As for killing the Pavel I done it many times with a Bellona or even Aggy.  You need to split the ships and attack them one at a time.  Just takes time.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Though that does bring up something while I was in there trying to get sunk by the ships so I can get on with my game.   Basic cutters should not be able to area control players.  To many folks abused them in the past jumping into missions and keeping folks tagged in until a bigger ship can join.  They should be excluded from any PvP period.  They should not be able to join any mission started by other players.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, maturin said:

Nelson's Victory mounted 42-pdrs at one point, but the Royal Navy stopped using the gun across the board, because reloading the things was exhausting.

Why not nerf Santi? She should be terrible at everything but firepower and tanking.

On the flipside, everyone was astonished by the maneuverability of the Ocean-class, but they were extremely fragile by 1st Rate standards.

I don't see Santi as OP, I see the other two as underpowered.

Source on the "fragility" of the Ocean-class please? I'm very interested in these ships.

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Uh dude why you telling me to calm down, your the one having a hissy cause you can't solo a fleet mission.  Once again a mission meant to do with a fleet not solo or it would be called...>SOLO MISSIONS<  

You really need to calm your tits man, just about ever post you make your complaining about things. I got something for that though...

cZHPn7S.jpg

Seems like your the only one that doesn't understand what the word FLEET means so get your panties out of a wade.

No one said you can't solo them, we just said they are going to be hard to solo.  I have solo a 10 1st rate mission before it took the whole hour and half to kill all them but I did...actually I ran out of time before I could kill the last one.  So nothing is impossible. 

I don't honestly see a problem with this for a third rate fleet mission cause if you brought a couple of ships you will easily work over these ships and what they add (it always has +1 or 2 more ships).   As for killing the Pavel I done it many times with a Bellona or even Aggy.  You need to split the ships and attack them one at a time.  Just takes time.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Though that does bring up something while I was in there trying to get sunk by the ships so I can get on with my game.   Basic cutters should not be able to area control players.  To many folks abused them in the past jumping into missions and keeping folks tagged in until a bigger ship can join.  They should be excluded from any PvP period.  They should not be able to join any mission started by other players.

I am reporting a problem and might just stop playing because of this hostile forum. 

Good luck with your game.  

Edited by H2O
  • Like 1

Mission spawns are all over the place.

I take 5th rate solo mish (not fleet) in Indefatigable, get a Merc and a Navy Brig. OLOLO, roflstomp time.

Too easy, so I take 4th rate solo mish in Indefatigable, get a Connie. NPC Connie is a right bastard because unlike our own Connies it actually maneuvers like a frigate. I kill him anyway but he takes down armor on one of my sides entirely.

I take 4th rate solo mish in a Connie, I get two Surprises. OLOLO, roflstomp time again. ZIS IZ ACHERON!!!

It's not an "occasional" thing, it happens consistently. Ship spawns in missions need to be better matched to your ship. Right now the only place I see this happening is in 1st rate missions - you normally either fight another 1st rate, or two 3rd rates. Though sometimes it spawns a single Pavel, and a few times it spawned just 1 third-rate, so it's not quite perfect either.

Edited by Ahoy H.R. Matey
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, H2O said:

I am reporting a problem and might just stop playing because of this hostile forum. 

Good day. 

Bye Felicia

And no your not reporting a problem, your whiney about a feature that is working as it's intented to....>>>FLEET MISSIONS<<< are meant to be done with a FLEET.  Hint the name of it.   Every post you made pretty much in this thread has been nothing but you complaining and insulting others and the game.  I mean look at your very first post.

second post

Third post

You came in to troll the post and than bitch about things you don't like and nothing more.  If some one corrects you or gives you actual facts as I did as to the meaning of a fleet mission you turn it personnel and get all pissy.  

MODS you may  delete this since it's off topic, but please take a look at H20's actions in this post as they clearly break rule number 2.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 4

Well, apparently @admin has a hate boner for the 4th rates....they all got hit with a reduction in armor HP.

My WO/WO Wapen lost over 700 hp (10%) on the sides, Inger lost about 400. Not sure about the Connie, but it looks like it lost about 300. Don't have an Aggie, so can't tell about that one.

Edited by Kartaugh

25 minutes ago, Ahoy H.R. Matey said:

I don't see Santi as OP, I see the other two as underpowered.

Source on the "fragility" of the Ocean-class please? I'm very interested in these ships.

The British captured L'Commerce de Marseille (sp?) from Toulon and described her as maneuvering like a frigate (hyperbole). But she was so lightly built that she was never commissioned in British service. I forget whether she was already worn out by that point.

Simple Google search for the ship should bring this up; it's in a lot of secondary sources.

3 hours ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Thanks a lot Sir.

But... (there could be a lot evalutions I'll avoid)...

XEBEC???

Where? When??? Please... INFOS!

There are a few ships in the API Items.json file that aren't activated yet.  I don't have any contacts or info on that just looking at public data they give us.

Edited by SS Minnow

8 minutes ago, Wraith said:

It sounds to me like penetrating shots on the hull are easily striking the internal masts and taking them down because of the reduced penetration values. Is this the likely culprit? This could also explain why AI are demasting players frequently now too.

The hitboxes for the masts don't exist there, unless it was left out of the patch notes.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CoolBreeze66 said:

Really? How many people do you know that will have bow gun ports and no guns?? 

I think he's try to say that its REALLY REALLY not that hard to figure out...   if the ship has the OPTION FOR BOW CHASERS, its not affected by this patch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maturin said:

The hitboxes for the masts don't exist there, unless it was left out of the patch notes.

You can shoot just behind the anchor on the conny and demast it that way.  Same with some other ships if you aim for the hull area where the mast is you can do the same.  It's been like this for a while.

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

AI has terrible aim, it tries to bow rake or shoot hull and hit your masts instead.

So your saying they shoot like me?  LOL  I actually done this to make it look like bad rakes when I was really going for the mast.  The guy was laughing saying my aim was so bad and than next broad side his mast drop....rushed in and boarded him for the kill...lol

2 hours ago, maturin said:

How do I knock mizzen masts by the root by ball raking the stern then ?

And I mean, consistently.

• Like 2