Game-Labs Forum

Patch 16: Control, Mast and Ship strengths rebalance.

admin

Just now, Hethwill said:

It says - no bow gun ports 

Bow

ports

Are you serious mate? I mean, really!

A ship that has no bow gun ports (and no stern ports as well) will have the perk or not?

If the answer is yes, in fact, this would mean that he can hardly escape against any other ships (control works even if you are the fleeing part and with no stern cannons, you know what it happens). So I asked if this was working as intended.

So please, just let Admin answer my question (if they want to).

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Liq said:

Isnt "spray and pray" exactly what people complaining about singleshot sniping asked for?

I read it and that was the first thing that came in my mind.

Sniping will be the same as you only fire one cannon at time but will take longer, you tho have 2 decks to shoot instead of 1 or maybe even 3.  So you can snipe without reload breaks?  When you spray you have now 2x cannons that can hit and penetrate.  This should be eating benefits from those extra hit points they gave.

I did not test it so cannot really know it.  We will see.

Just now, victor said:

This is a simple thing of semantics.

A ship that has no gun ports (and no stern ports as well) will have the perk or not?

If the answer is yes, in fact, this would mean that he can hardly escape against any other ships (control works even if you are the fleeing part and with no stern cannons, you know what it happens). So I asked if this was working as intended.

So please, just let Admin answer my question.

You’re just being obtuse at this point.  Stop looking for a problem to a solution. It CLEARLY states BOW PORTS. 

Just now, Intrepido said:

The fastest ship on the game, the endymion has stern and bow chasers. Probably one of the reasons a lot of people uses it.

I agree the Endymion is ridiculous but I wouldn't say its speed it the main reason so many people use it. It's more than it can outrun/keep up with almost any ship at any angle

2 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Those ships are fast, they sacrifice bow chasers as a result. 

So brig,cerb merc are the fastest ship in-game? Ah yeah wait it's the endy that has chasers ontop

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Essex is realy fast

Reno is small and fast yes but why should the endy be faster better and have the ability to tag?

Belle poule the same etc etc.

These ships now become a real option for OW

No they don't, they become a "troll" ship for hunting groups to include in their line up, keep you tagged with minimal effort. At least the Endymion still has to be able to aim and hit you

11 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Decreased mast thickness, is that 10-15%?

Increased mast hp, more in some cases than in other.  Twice as much?

Decreased mast thickness probably doubles everyones mast dps as you can now penetrate easily with all your decks.

Is this a buff or nerf?  Spray and pray?

I hope I'm wrong.

At the moment "pros" with penetration builds penetrate almost any mast with 24pds and up. Slight nerf to thickness will give better chances to lighter/not buffed guns, still doubling HPs will require double required mast hits to break one (and will increase effect of mast buffs... making them not required - thinking to a Hachiroku's post - but also very effective protecting from demasting).

This way, with mast buffs, going for hull while enemy goes for masts could be a reasonable and working option.

So granted this datas, for me it's thumb up. We will see how this could change game meta and tactics

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, victor said:

A ship that has no bow gun ports (and no stern ports as well) will have the perk or not?

So please, just let Admin answer my question (if they want to).

Have you ever really played with control perk? You can always escape. When you are faster and play smart.

I guess you are talking about the lgv. Tell me what changes for you? Players will keep you tagged  with chasers if you don't play smart. So what will change now? Tell me exactly. (By the way ball tagging range is much further than control distance)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

I said FAST not FASTEST. How about you actually read it properly before you post your smart arse comments?

I understand but because of you logic endy shouldn't have chasers ;-)

7 minutes ago, z4ys said:

I understand but because of you logic endy shouldn't have chasers ;-)

I am pointing out the reason people sailed those ships (speed) and what they sacrificed to obtain it. The fact that the devs seem determined to keep introducing one ship that can do everything at any angle without any negative is beside the point. Like the Wasa before it, the Endymion has NO downside to sailing it. I have always been an advocate to change this. But that is a separate discussion. My point is that these ships were fast but had a disadvantage (chasers) and EVERY ship should have a negative point (Trinc/P.Frig has no stern chasers for example. Should they have a magic ability built in?) The Endymion was insanely fast but only at a VERY narrow window, the devs changed that and no it is insanely fast as ALL angles.

Edited by NethrosDefectus
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

I am pointing out the reason people sailed those ships (speed) and what they sacrificed to obtain it. The fact that the devs seem determined to keep introducing one ship that can do everything at any angle without any negative is beside the point. Like the Wasa before it, the Endymion has NO downside to sailing it. I have always been an advocate to change this. But that is a separate discussion. My point is that these ships were fast but had a disadvantage (chasers) and EVERY ship should have a negative point (Trinc/P.Frig has no stern chasers for example. Should they have a magic ability built in?)

Again you consider cerb, essex, merc and brig as fast? And isnt it "more magic" to just leave battle while beeing 10m in front? Have you ever tried out the control perk? Have you ever really sailed a ship without bow chasers. Ofc now you cant just say "hello kitty" to such a ship and sail staright away while they have to turn to tag you. I feel your pain.

Edited by z4ys

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

You are against eh controlperk for ships wifhout bowchasers. I would like to know what ship without cannons is OP now after that change.

For example Renomee has no bowchasers and its fast, is it OP to use now with controlperk or does it become a option to use?

Same with essex and belle poule. They are not fast but were useless because you also could just sail a trinc or p frig.

@admin Why does the normal frigate have such a bad sailingprofile? Maybe you can review it too.

Again, show me where I mentioned anything about them being "OP". My point is that if people choose to sail a ship that has no bow chasers (which MANY players do) then they should accept the limitation that comes with it. Not get a magical ability. I, for example choose to sail a ship without stern chasers. This means I can not slow down pursuing vessels, does this mean that I am also entitled to a magical ability?

Edited by NethrosDefectus

Just now, NethrosDefectus said:

Again, show me where I mentioned anything about the being "OP". My point is that if people choose to sail a ship that has no bow chasers (which MANY players do) then they should accept the limitation that comes with it. Not get a magical ability. I for example CHOOSE to sail a ship without stern chasers. This means I can not slow down pursuing vessels, does this mean that I am also entitled to a magical ability?

What do you fear?

• Like 2