Game-Labs Forum

Patch 14: Part 3 experimental patch increasing realism in ship behavior

admin

15 hours ago, Captain corn blower said:

at this point your losing more pepole then the game is gaining .

lol the player population has nearly doubled in a few weeks

18 minutes ago, rediii said:

NA or NAL?

Because NA is gaining a tiny bit of players, not doubled

from 400 earlier in desember to 700 yesterday on i would say its almost doubled as I mentioned

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, rediii said:

Early december peak= 640 (lowest peak)

Yesterdays peak 860

Anyway its getting better and thats something I guess ... If exploits could get closed now it would be nice

Servers merged plus steam sale over the holidays

I'd like to highlight that not having VM's and proper 1st rates in small nations still sucks. It's getting harder for people to participate in RvR.

Soon I guess it won't be my problem though - this change, and a few other factors, convince me it's maybe time for me to abandon building new communities.

I'm just mentioning this for the sake of the game. Having an alt in Sweden with lord protector status in a few ports, personally I get 3 VM's per week.

2 hours ago, Coraline Vodka said:

It's rough but I'm sure you can trade pvpmarks for VMs PvP trading lol

Personally I'm swimming in VM's and PvP marks. It's people in my nation that don't have them. Since they don't have PvP marks, they can't trade them for VM's.

14 hours ago, vazco said:

I'd like to highlight that not having VM's and proper 1st rates in small nations still sucks. It's getting harder for people to participate in RvR.

Soon I guess it won't be my problem though - this change, and a few other factors, convince me it's maybe time for me to abandon building new communities.

I'm just mentioning this for the sake of the game. Having an alt in Sweden with lord protector status in a few ports, personally I get 3 VM's per week.

You only confirm with your post what many players suspected in the days before the three new nations were established in game.

But every player chooses his nation and has to accept the mechanics. It's a little bit like guys that build a house near a highway because of the cheap land and then complain about the traffic noise. If someone want to play in a small nation, he has to accept, that some ressources are hard to get. If someone play in a rookie nation he has to accept that there is no protected zone.

Vasco I'm sorry - the mistake is not the mechanics with VM, the mistake was to devide a low player base in additional nations.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rediii said:

I kinda agree on the point with the new nations and deviding the playerbase but I think it wouldnt be a problem with a bigger population.

Personally I see many contracts that small nations can get. Screening for bigger nations which pay victorymarks for the screening, I dont think this is something that will not happen and I think its a pity that players dont come up to solutions if they are faced with a problem.

As long we have forged papers people will just switch ;-)

12 minutes ago, rediii said:

and I think its a pity that players dont come up to solutions if they are faced with a problem.

10 minutes ago, z4ys said:

As long we have forged papers people will just switch ;-)

2 hours ago, rediii said:

You are too kind, this guy will just leave on his next pvp engagement. He didnt understand how the game works and will not have fun with the feature to be able to lose stuff

"OMG. Merge will kill server. Pop gonna plummet. Etc etc"

"Don't worry about that new guy. He'll leave this game cos he doesn't wanna PvP like us"

What

1 hour ago, rediii said:

I kinda agree on the point with the new nations and deviding the playerbase but I think it wouldnt be a problem with a bigger population.

Personally I see many contracts that small nations can get. Screening for bigger nations which pay victorymarks for the screening, I dont think this is something that will not happen and I think its a pity that players dont come up to solutions if they are faced with a problem.

I also thought that new nations would divide the playerbase. It's not the case in Commonwealth though. We had 3 active players go from Sweden to Commonwealth, and a result was that we created a community which had over 20 active players at it's peak, and a clan with over 100 people. That's not bad. Many people were joining for the flag, or due to the fact that they didn't speak english. They wouldn't join if there was no Commonwealth community.

Yes, you can get VM's in various ways. I have no issues with VM's myself. The problem though is that it's making creation of new communities harder. It's not the main obstacle, just the next one. Creating communities should be as easy as possible if we want to have more players. Even players which have issues in getting VM's are a good added value to the game. Statistically, out of 20 new players, you probably get around 1-2 guys who will find ways to overcome all obstacles on their own, 12 who you have to care for until they get enough experience to be self sufficient, and 5-6 who will quit regardless of your actions.

Sometime I'll post my feedback regarding perspective of new players who want to become active. It's a rocky road for non-veterans in new communities.

I'm fairly certain that if the new nations were removed, RVR would be extremely more vibrant than it is now.  I like being Russia, but it's inclusion into the game was stupid (along with Poland and Prussia).  This of course would not be an issue if we had 1500/2000 people, but we don't.  

I wish we would drop the nations idea and go with a clan/alliance based one.  Similar to how most open world MMOs operate.  Clans join an alliance, that alliance takes the place of nations.  

• Like 4

Yeah in stead of new use less nations and now unrealistic realistic ship behaviors .And I am not sorry to say this you PVPers are what's dragging the game down instead of pushing for more usable content added the the game you keep asking for and praising the DEvs for use less changes .so no knew content ever get into the game ever .and I am also beginning two think they don't have a server that can handle more content.

• Like 1

It is great that sailing physics are being made more realistic and the we have more control and options by varying yard positions. However, as they are right now, it appears to be very far from accurate for most rates.

The majority of the ships will not under any circumstances, turn thru the wind without ending up in reverse first.

And I have observed that many of the ships accelerate more quickly laterally and in reverse than they do forward.

There is also a "dead space" in the +2 to -2 knot range in which the transition from forward to reverse and vice versa is not gradual, but an instantaneous change from moving in one direction at 1.5-2 knots to moving in the completely opposite at 1.5-2 knots.

Overall it still feels like ships are able to rotate, stop, and go into reverse at much greater rates and sail backwards at much greater speed than they should physically be able to due to hull design characteristics of the time.

22 hours ago, Christendom said:

I'm fairly certain that if the new nations were removed, RVR would be extremely more vibrant than it is now.  I like being Russia, but it's inclusion into the game was stupid (along with Poland and Prussia).  This of course would not be an issue if we had 1500/2000 people, but we don't.  

I wish we would drop the nations idea and go with a clan/alliance based one.  Similar to how most open world MMOs operate.  Clans join an alliance, that alliance takes the place of nations.  

Why do you think that new nations slow down RvR?

12 minutes ago, rediii said:

It is gradual, the speedometer just shows you your fastest speed into any direction. If you go leeway faster than foward ornbackward you see how fast you go leeway I think

true. Speedometer is absolute. So it also adds side movement speed to the number. We might fix it later and provide separate sideforce speedometer some day.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

With alliances there would be more different factions on the map. More factions is faster rvr and more nice situations. It would probably also create a better used map in all all 

Aren't new nations more factions? So again why do new nations slow down RvR?

8 minutes ago, rediii said:

With alliances there would be more different factions on the map. More factions is faster rvr and more nice situations. It would probably also create a better used map in all all 

we found that alliances actually reduce pvp moreover they remove human interaction and politics (which is very enjoyable).

• Like 10

Dauntless7_Original

stimme dir völlig zu , es kommt ein vor wir machen aus der simulation ma schnell arcarde spiel ,das hatt nix mit segelphysik zu tun . hab ebend ma wieder getestet versenkte eine cerberus ,eine constitution und zu guter letzt eine belona .denn schau ich ma woher der wind kommt stelle den optimalen kurs ein um das wrack der bellona zu looten,dreht der wind instant beim ansegeln des wracks , so das man das lootziel nicht erreicht, ok wende gemacht und ma die geschwindigkeit beobachtet !!! instant von 2knoten vorwärts auf 2 knoten rückwärts .so dumm gedreht das normales wenden so wie man das vom segeln kennt garnicht umzusetzen ist,und denn völlig die energie die man hatt  verpufft in instant rückwärts fahren .das spiel wird immer mehr für nicht segeler optimiert, wracks versinken im wasser so schnell das man garnicht so schnell mit linienschiffen oder der gleichen es looten kann. daran sollte ma gearbeitet werden.

22 hours ago, Christendom said:

I'm fairly certain that if the new nations were removed, RVR would be extremely more vibrant than it is now. 

Just now, rediii said:

It doesnt and he didnt even write that did he?

If i understand correct. New nations removed = better rvr.

So again:

Why does more factions increase rvr in your opinion when you agree with christendom that new nations are bad. new nations are at the same time new /more factions.