Game-Labs Forum

One server, 24hr + eu time locks (ports listed)

Love it or hate it, this game needs a single server to include both port battle timers.

Iv come up with a list of ports (below) that I'd propose become attackable on 24hr windows.

The areas I suggest include the entire Gulf of Mexico, North Bahamas, secret island, hatii and four ports in the map.

This would total 108 ports that would be open to attack (global server) times.

The ports include; (s means shallow. D means deep)

South of the Gulf of Mexico.

Mugeres d, Controy s, Conil d, Cuyo d, Salam d, Ysil d, Sisal d, Sabinas d, Campeche d, Champion d, Peurto Real d, Victoria d, Santa ana d, Espiritu Santo d, Alvardo d.

West of the gulf of Mexico 

Vera Crazy d, Bernal d, Almeria d, Tamiagua d, Tampico d, Tordo d, Soto la Marina d, San Fernándo d, Esteros d, El Rancho d, Aransas d, La Bahia s.

North of the gulf of Mexico 

San Luis d, Ahumada s, Sabina d, Calcasreu d, Constance s, Yermiou d, Atchatalaya d, Terrebonne d, Barataria d, Saint-Malo d, Biloxi d, Mobile d, Penzacola d, Santa Rosa d, San Jose s, Apalachicola d, San Marcos s.

East of the Gulf of Mexico 

Hitten Hatcha s, Las Sabinas s, Cayo del Anclote d, Tampa d, Sarazota d, Gasparilla d, Manataca s, Cayo Vacas s, Islamorada d, Key West d, Las Tortugas d.

North Bahamas. (all shallow)

Walkers cay, West end, waters bay, road rocks, Crown Haven, mangrove Cay, turtle Cay, marsh harbour, little harbour, sandy point, La desconocida, frozen Cay, Birmi, Morgan bluff.

hidden island 

North Inlet d, kids harbour d, rum Cove s.

All of Hatii (including la Navasse) 

Ports including Cartagena/Pitt's Town would be on a 24hr attack window 

Ports will be listed later.

What ports would you like added to idea.

Kind regards 

(format on phone, update pending)

Edited by monk33y

7 minutes ago, monk33y said:

More players... Ongoing development (hopefully)

Sure?

Also your system will just make impossible to beat the only nations that will be able to play the "night-zerg/day-defend" game. Which are for sure GB and (maybe) pirates and USA.

The German-based Swedes, along with Spain, Russians, Danes, Polish, Dutch, French, they will be wiped out from any possibility to compete (even more now that there is no faction alliance system).

Are you sure that there will be more players when everyone will have realized it?

Edited by victor
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

monkey where do you put the server physically so all people from all over the world have a chance to have a good connection?

To benefit it's largest number of players, so currently it would be European localisation. 

@victorThere's 200+ ports locked to eu attack window, how is that unfair??  How will eu players be hard done by?  No nation has its capital on hatii or in the gulf!!  You didn't read the post Victor, did you!

24hr windows,  meaning the same as global server. No time locks (sorry it wasn't clear)

Edited by monk33y

49 minutes ago, monk33y said:

To benefit it's largest number of players, so currently it would be European localisation. 

@victorThere's 200+ ports locked to eu attack window, how is that unfair??  How will eu players be hard done by?  No nation has its capital on hatii or in the gulf!!  You didn't read the post Victor, did you!

24hr windows,  meaning the same as global server. No time locks (sorry it wasn't clear)

I read the post for sure, but I hope you read mine.

My point (and the fear of a lot of players that experimented free PB timers in the good old times) is another one: if there is only ONE faction that will be actually able to join players from every timezone (I'd say ..... in example ... Britain or Pirates) such faction - even more now, with no faction alliance system and the rest of population spread in 7 small nations - will simply have such a huge advantage that is likely to perma-win the map. 

Now in PVP EU we have swergs and brits that are competing for the win port by port each reset and spain that is not far behind. 

Edited by victor

FYI according to @Wraith and his server location data done a while ago, the US East coast would be the ideal location to serve the best ping to as many players as possible.  Most oceanic players have shit ping to the EU server while on the flipside many EU based players would have a better ping to a US server than a lot of US players.  For example a couple dutch players in my clan get better ping to global than I do....and I'm in florida.  

The would server option would however mean that the majority of players will have pings over 100.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, monk33y said:

But over 50% of the sales are US sales, you need to look at the sales not the current players.  It needs to be at a place where the best over all ping for all players SEA, NA, EU and else where.   

As for doing mix ports I would prefer it a clan based thing simply cause why would one clan want to be locked into playing in his region or time zones only on the server.  This will continue to split the player base.  If the port battle timers are set in stone it needs to be a good mix of all the time zones for the ports.  Again I'll repeat over 50% of the sales was in North America alone, there is a problem of retaining those players and I won't go into that on this post, but if that is the majority of your sales than you should have the port windows set with the three main time zones of your player base to not be bias to any one player zone.  1/3 of the ports in US Time zone, 1/3 in EU time zones and 1/3 in SEA.  Hell I would actually do it 4 ways and make a 1/4 of the ports with open windows for any one to attack at any time.

Remember folks a lot of the EU players are only on there for numbers, they can care less about RvR they just want to play with folks on the OW with actually numbers.   Hell it's why I started there until the server was way to full you couldn't move an inch without getting jumped by half a dozen folks (back when they split the EU server) or it took for ever to log in cause of the QUE.  If the server gets back to that many players than you do a split again, but right now there is honestly no reason to have three servers.  Though we will leave PvE out of this cause that is a whole other can of warms for a few players to be happy.

2 hours ago, victor said:

I read the post for sure, but I hope you read mine.

My point (and the fear of a lot of players that experimented free PB timers in the good old times) is another one: if there is only ONE faction that will be actually able to join players from every timezone (I'd say ..... in example ... Britain or Pirates) such faction - even more now, with no faction alliance system and the rest of population spread in 7 small nations - will simply have such a huge advantage that is likely to perma-win the map. 

Now in PVP EU we have swergs and brits that are competing for the win port by port each reset and spain that is not far behind. 

Simple;e than your faction only controls EU port times and those that can play in multi time zones can control those.   If you couldn't defend your port in your own time zones it's not going to mater, your going ot loose that port any way no matter if it's to a nation/clan that can have multi time zones or not.   

The other thing is make pirates Privateers, take us out of the RvR part of the game, but give us option to work for other nations.  Say's Victor and his guys need some one in US time zone to protect some of there water higher out a pirate clan to show up and defend the port battles and waters.   While we work for your nation we get to use your ports for econ and such.   Other wise we only have to work out of free towns/pirate havens.  This will allow one Faction to help file in the numbers of the 7 nations (well 10 with the new ones added).

what good comes out from merging the server and global timers??

we get approx 50 more players on eu server when it has it lowest numbers.

we won't get more pb's and this suggestion would also screw over the spanish that would have to defend all their ports outside capital on a 24/7 clock.

game needs to be released to get more people.. merging won't do anything, we have 1 server with low population and 1 dead server not counting pve server..

alot of people suggestion server merge hardly play anymore and want to dictate what people need and want.

Its funny that empty number is the most important thing for you. I agree that this game needs more players, but also needs at least two servers for different time zones. Server merge is not an answer for everything, it wont give you huge numbers of players in EU or US prime time. For many players it would be only an anoying reason for quit the game. NA suffers because of lack of content, there are not many activities, there is nothing challanging (but devs did one small step in this way with better epic events). Server merege wouldnt change that, for huge group of players game still would be boring. You are looking for solutions, that nice, but try to look in different place. Merge is dead end which would change nothing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, monk33y said:

This has been discussed endlessly.. If you'd like an answer - read some of the 2k+ replies to that very question. I'm done discussing a servermerge untill a genuinely new proposal (yours has already been discussed and dismissed) that actually seem to realistically balance the conquest competition comes along. All these repostings of already discussed and bad ideas - I'm done with them. Merge the server without a solution = kill the only functioning server in order to safe the one that is already dead.

14 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

But over 50% of the sales are US sales, you need to look at the sales not the current players. 

Even if it would be true, I still do not see the logic in your assertion. UE active players paid the price to access the game AND still keep alive a game in their server, US players paid the price then asked for THEIR server and quit and made it a half desert. Why should the Devs satisfy the seconds at the expense of the firsts. If US players are not populating a global server, why they should populate a "half" global server?

The thing therefore is simple and clear: most of US guys (etither still playing on global or freezed accounts) want to play Naval Action only if they have back their "I win" button for RvR. 

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

monkey where do you put the server physically so all people from all over the world have a chance to have a good connection?

Unless you have multiple physical machines, mirroring the same game-instance, it's not possible.

there will always be a difference in connection speed/ latency to those that are further away.

That's why, in IT, we replicate the file structure to the local file server of remote offices. Otherwise they'd depend too much on a fast internet connection, and files would take far too long to open.

But running the same game server on multiple physical machines, and have them sync with each other, might cause a whole other set of issues.

11 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Naval Action is not a counter strike clone where you need latencies under 50ms to play. Even with a ping of 200 its playable.

Did you ever heard about one thing called "stern raking" and did some one tell you how important it is in PVP?

Now tell me that with 250 ping you are able to properly stern rake someone!

Edited by victor