Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix for patch 13 - Important port battle rule changes

admin

Captains
Patch has been deployed to live servers

• Deep water port battles now only accept ships of mortar brig and above (mb/cerberus and up)
  • BR limits for port battles rebalanced (mostly increased for deep water ports and decreased for shallow water ports)
  • Zone diameter reduced from 2km to 1.2 km to reduce efficiency of kiting on the edges the objective zones

IMPORTANT CHANGE: Victory conditions/points for captured zones

• Every port battle has 3 zones (objectives) that accumulate points if captured (as before)
      • Zones are still captured by the side that has more ships in the zone (as before)
      • But the captured zone points don't accumulate if even a single ENEMY ship is present in the objective (NEW FEATURE)

Expected effects

• This means that you no longer need to have all the ships in the circle to win the objective.
    • You no longer need to brawl in the diameter of the objective.
    • You can maneuver normally around them and fight without the need to enter the zones.
    • You only need to send 1 ship to stop the points from ticking even if enemy has a numerical advantage (which still matters but matters less)
    • If enemy have capped the point with many ships (and your ship is blocking the zone) they must get you out of the zone to start getting points, promoting aggressive action (and not kiting)
    • Like 16

• But the captured zone points don't accumulate if even a single ship is present in the objective (NEW FEATURE)

does this mean there has to be 2 ships in the captured zone or when the capturing ship sailes out of the capture zone > the accumulation stops 

5 minutes ago, Thonys said:
    • But the captured zone points don't accumulate if even a single ship is present in the objective (NEW FEATURE)

does this mean there has to be 2 ships in the captured zone or when the capturing ship sailes out of the capture zone > the accumulation stops 

single enemy ship
    Example
    3 cutters and enemy Bucentaure are present in the zone. 3 cutters still capture the zone as before (due to numbers) BUT they have to drive enemy bucentaure away from the zone (or sink her) for points to start ticking. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Thonys said:

This means if a single enemy is in the circle you dont get points

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Good patch, should make PBs more interesting again.

Next stop:

implement Liquicitys BR

fix rum

well at least more tactics are involved now, you need as a battle leader 2 extra squadron leaders to engage the enemy (you can not be in 3 places at the same time :)

Just now, Thonys said:

well at least more tactics are involved now, you need as a battle leader 2 extra squadron leaders to engage the enemy (you can not be in 3 places at the same time :)

Dont think much changes in that regard, the patch just forces you to fight for circles which probably means less but bigger ships in PBs.

Also thank god Lynx and other small shit ships are disabled for deep water pbs.

According to today's API data

Nassau has limit BR 2500. This limit allow to enter 26 Mortar Brigs (BR 95) or 35 Rattlesnake Heavy (BR 70).

I don't understand why this port has so high BR limit? There are no 7-6 rates ships with BR more than 95.

Is it allow to use in PB for shallow water port 5-1 rates?

Edited by qw569
    • Like 1

1 minute ago, qw569 said:

Nassau has limit BR 2500. This limit allow to enter 26 Mortar Brigs (BR 95) or 35 Rattlesnake Heavy (BR 70).

I don't understand why this port has so high BR limit? There are no 7-6 rates ships with BR more than 95.

I think you can use Niagaras and Cerbreus too.

6 minutes ago, qw569 said:

nassau is a very large port

We need the BR of the ships reworked and if I may - a rebalance of some of the ships, the endymions sailing profile in particular but the L'Hermione, the wappen, the wasa and the bucentaure are either too high in BR or too low. The wasa ofc stands out but in general we need to get rid of the speed cap, many of the speed modules/knowledges, and some of the ships have ridicolous high speeds - especially the SoL's..

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

But that's exactly the point. There's no way to win as an attacker unless you sink ships since even an undermanned defensive force can sail through circles and delay your point accrual. Unless you can sink them (and with the repair mechanic that's increasingly difficult) you can't get points fast enough.

Yes but circles are also much smaller now so you are forced to fight if you want to stay in. And in that case you can sink enemies = you get points and enemy loses points. That means you can delay the win by cap for very long and then you probably have numbers advantage and its easy to win from there.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Can anyone post the new BR PB limits and one port as example? Thx.

1700 became 2400, and all the multipliers of 1700 are now multipliers of 2400 - so largest ports have 9600.

Shallows are mostly 1250, but some are 2500.

I don't think flat out doubling is the best move for shallows.

Sounds VERY interesting! The new changes will hopefully make PBs even more into a strategical thing.

The Admirals will not only have to decide about ship types, but also about tactics to beat the enemy
    either this or that way, or even with multiple strategies.

Edited by Wolfram Harms

10 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

I'm pretty sure Niagara is 100 BR

90 BR

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

Can anyone post the new BR PB limits and one port as example? Thx.

Deep

• Atwood - 2400BR
    • Lorimers - 4800BR
    • Grand Turk  - 7200BR
    • Nuevitas - 9600BR
    • Sant Iago  - 11000BR

Shallow

• Road Rocks 1250BR
    • Turtle Cay - 2500BR

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

But that's my entire point, defenders are not forced to stay in. Only a single ship at a time needs to be in each circle to prevent point accrual. One sails in chains on their way through... sails out and pops his repair... next sails in. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Honestly I would like to see a recording of defenders doing this against an equal foe and winning before i place judgment.

Because currently the attacker could take the circles and then kill the forts/towers and the 3 defenders that are causing issue...ultimately winning via points, even if it takes longer.

This is all theory crafting so i await for actual evidence.

6 minutes ago, Wraith said:

But that's my entire point, defenders are not forced to stay in. Only a single ship at a time needs to be in each circle to prevent point accrual. One sails in chains on their way through... sails out and pops his repair... next sails in. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Well then you sail towards the edge of the circle and kill every enemy trying to get in to contest it. Circle is much smaller now which is crucial (half of old size). We will have to see how it plays out but I dont see single ships going in and out of the circle without taking heavy dmg

• Like 1