Game-Labs Forum

2 hours ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Getting kinda defensive there bud

Not at all.. Nothing im Typing is through gritted teeth or anger. Its just your not gonna believe stuff that opposes your view just like no one believes you guys are pulling Robin hood tactics... GG and maybe ill see u on the Sea while this game is alive. I think we're just wasting each others times. We're both too thick headed lol 

Edited by Khyron

6 hours ago, Liq said:

it still covers half range from Mortimer to Baracoa as an example. And you can simply re-take missions until you got a close one. No excuse there. 
(You playing for Prussia which it clearly states to be IMPOSSIBLE in the nation selection tab is a different story.. :) )

@admin  @Ink

At the same time the missions spawn farther away, was this intentional? I wonder whats the point of combat/ fleet missions in one port spawning missions for another port?

Edited by Rigs

9 hours ago, Rigs said:

See above...

And? First you address what you perceive as "meaning squat" with another thing meaning squat, and now you address how you don't think it's about max rank at all with an example of a low rank getting targeted. You're not making any sense.

And frankly, I'm fine with the response to getting a 100% safezone meaning that everything outside of it gets to be turned into a 100% painzone accordingly. An age of sail game without sailing.

Just now, Aegir said:

And? First you address what you perceive as "meaning squat" with another thing meaning squat, and now you address how you don't think it's about max rank at all with an example of a low rank getting targeted. You're not making any sense.

And frankly, I'm fine with the response to getting a 100% safezone meaning that everything outside of it gets to be turned into a 100% painzone accordingly. An age of sail game without sailing.

I honestly wouldn't mind a 100% safe capital zone IF...

1. It didn't overlap with any other ports

2. Missions spawned properly within the zone for noob ranks.

3. REAL incentive, as in marked on the map locations for active PVP and good rewards with RVR overtones.

1 hour ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

I honestly wouldn't mind a 100% safe capital zone IF...

1. It didn't overlap with any other ports

2. Missions spawned properly within the zone for noob ranks.

3. REAL incentive, as in marked on the map locations for active PVP and good rewards with RVR overtones.

Me neither. It'd be fine for newbie protection (but not the current max rank mission-runner and trader protection), or if there was a large difference in gains inside or outside of the zone (a recovery zone like they announced it, not a 'why ever leave' zone), or if they had not gone for the double 1st rate drops to make it harder rather than impossible (as they also announced it at first) , or if they had kept tweaking the combat system to make player defense bearable (instead of this lazy-ass AI solution).

I only have an issue with the current iteration which shows no sign of changing.

And frankly, if they get linebattles into NAL then I'm not sure what NA will still have to offer that it wont if OW PvP is going to be sent to the back of the bus.

Safezones are fine as they are. If I attacked a player - be he a newbie or simply one not wanting to participate in PvP - sailing say a frigate and I am on a frigate aswell: would the spawn of an AI Essex or Connie (representing an added AI BR of 1.5 per attacker) bother me that much? Only if the attacked player knew how to sail propperly he would survive. So the clear statement - as stated before - is: just don't push the Attack button when u're inside the safezone. Only OP 1st Rates guarantee this. 

And still: if a player attacks OW AI fleets he can be jumped. So it's not 100% safe.

The zones are fine considering an increased player count to be established. Atm one just doesn't really find much OW PvP. Debuffing safe zones would only increase ganking around capitals in a short term. 

Be patient - a higher player count will make it unnecessary to camp capitals/safezones.

I say this as one having played with server numbers of 150 and still finding targets around KPR, killing everything - partly hoping players would improve. They don't. Let them be safe with two OP 1st rates - I think it's the right way.

EDIT: there's still a bounty on @Sunleader to be killed in a 5th or higher. 500k on PvP EU. Sorry Red Duke couldn't resist. 

Edited by Palatinose

3 hours ago, Macjimm said:

Can someone explain how the reinforcement zones work?  Where are they located?  When were they added to the game?  Perhaps a link to the post when they were last added.

Not a very in-depth explanation (in the taxation section) but they came with Patch 11.0

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/22632-patch-110-new-ships-unity-5-improved-clan-based-conquest-and-many-other-changes/

Subsequent patches made the zones smaller and provided a visual indicator when you were in a reinforcement zone.

I’ve never had to call on reinforcements or had them called against me but my understanding is if you are tagged in to battle within your nations zone, there is a button on your screen to call for reinforcements. They come in the form of an overwhelming number of friendly super powered 1st rates that will make it difficult to impossible for your foe to escape. 

13 hours ago, Macjimm said:

Can someone explain how the reinforcement zones work?  Where are they located?  When were they added to the game?  Perhaps a link to the post when they were last added.

As of now the reinforcement zone is a 15km zone around the capital territories that allows the member of that nation to call in reinforcements in case he is tagged by an enemy. 

6 hours ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

As of now the reinforcement zone is a 15km zone around the capital territories that allows the member of that nation to call in reinforcements in case he is tagged by an enemy. 

Thanks for the info.

So all of OW except for a tiny area around each capital has no reinforcements.  15 km is not very far considering the size of the Caribbean.   If I wanted PvP I would look for it in all of the area not close to the capitals.  Seems like a big area.