Game-Labs Forum

1 hour ago, Rigs said:

The older players constantly forget they have 4000 hours in game and want the newer players to play the game like they do.  

The newer players will just get stomped and ridiculed without learning anything.

It's a game and nobody will play just to entertain others.  

I pointed that out to another vet player the other day, and he was quite offended.  Was it arrogance?  Probably some of that, but mostly just clueless that's how he and some others appear to newbs and less experienced or talented players.  It's a shame, and is why reinforcement zones will remain necessary.

But they defend that behavior to the death.

Edited by Jean Ribault

Calling it a PvP Server is a Joke anyways.

There is no PvP on that Server. Just Ganking and Sealclubbing.

Worse there is no way for new Players to ever even learn PvP cause they either try and just get raped by ganking squads or they join a clan and drive around as ganking squad....

PvP has died the day they removed safezones from all Nation Ports.

Because that day Roaming became completely unnecessary. You just camped the enemy ports and ganked the crab out of new Players.

Ah how I miss the Game from 2 years ago.

Every Port of your Nation had Safezones. Medium Server Population even in the offhours. And over 2000 online people during the day.

And if you roamed around the Free Ports it took like 10 minutes to find someone to have a Fight with.

Was good times when you could go Roaming without a Ganking Squad and without being raped by a Ganking Squad....

Ganking Squads and Griefer Scum had it harder anyways.

Since every Nation Port had a Safezone. They could not camp Ports to grab new players and people farming PvE

And on the PvP hotspots if a Griefer or Ganking Squad lurked you had enough people to chase em off.

But they had to go and ruin it by removing the safezones....

Resulting in pretty much the entire non Hardcore PvP Community to leave and making the game so impissible to enter for new Players that by now 99% of the playerbase is people who have been here for over 1 year.... as new players quit in less than 3 days....

37 minutes ago, Rigs said:

I call a troll any older player that says max rank mean squat, they know better, it can be done within 2 weeks.

So? Every Dark Souls game is beatable within an hour, that still has zero value when it comes to judging what the average user experience is like - just like those two weeks.

Not even budging on whether even max rank players sailing 1st rates ought to have newbie protection or not is beyond ridiculous - flat out greedy. But thanks for proving that it's not really about the new players, it's about PvErs on a PvP server who think that every PvP encounter constitutes ganking.

10 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

I pointed that out to another vet player the other day, and he was quite offended.  Was it arrogance?  Probably some of that, but mostly just clueless that's how he and some others appear to newbs and less experienced or talented players.  It's a shame, and is why reinforcement zones will remain necessary.

But they defend that behavior to the death.

If game started today we wouldn't have these problems, everyone is on the same level and be busy going about learning. You go out and PvP no problem because you not running into gangs of max players with 4000 hours in. That's how these players started, nothing special about them. That's no longer the case and they can't understand that because they didn't experience it.

People that can see the world only through their eyes they are not very smart. It's like fighting a losing battle.

Lets say me an my buddies have 4000 hours put into boxing and there is a new guy coming in... you fill in the blanks.

Just now, Rigs said:

If game started today we wouldn't have these problems, everyone is on the same level and be busy going about learning. You go out and PvP no problem because you not running into gangs of max players with 4000 hours in. That's how these players started, nothing special about them. That's no longer the case and they can't understand that because they didn't experience it.

People that can see the world only through their eyes they are not very smart. It's like fighting a losing battle.

Lets say me an my buddies have 4000 hours put into boxing and there is a new guy coming in... you fill in the blanks.

I started the game last June after there were people with thousands of hours who were much better and still are much better than myself. I survived without safe zones. It's called having decent people in your nation who are willing to help new guys. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

I started the game last June after there were people with thousands of hours who were much better and still are much better than myself. I survived without safe zones. It's called having decent people in your nation who are willing to help new guys. 

There are many decent players like that, but it still goes on.

10 minutes ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

797BB9CB153113D729B375ED4644F5EF6024EFD0

Are you a troll?

4 minutes ago, Rigs said:

797BB9CB153113D729B375ED4644F5EF6024EFD0

Are you a troll?

This is our response to the safe zones. But the image has nothing to do with the quote so are you trolling?

It was also an outlaw battle right outside Mort. Yet no pirates came to help. We were trying to pick a fight.

Also the pirates are the ones who pioneered capital camping. Killing the server pop along with it.

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan

25 minutes ago, Aegir said:

So? Every Dark Souls game is beatable within an hour, that still has zero value when it comes to judging what the average user experience is like - just like those two weeks.

Not even budging on whether even max rank players sailing 1st rates ought to have newbie protection or not is beyond ridiculous - flat out greedy. But thanks for proving that it's not really about the new players, it's about PvErs on a PvP server who think that every PvP encounter constitutes ganking.

See above...

2 minutes ago, Khyron said:

Your response is to gank a "raider" congrats... Message clearly understood.  

Like I said having decent people in your nation to help the new guys. The pirates just sat outside the battle and let him sink. We then sank them later. 

21 minutes ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

This is our response to the safe zones. But the image has nothing to do with the quote so are you trolling?

It was also an outlaw battle right outside Mort. Yet no pirates came to help. We were trying to pick a fight.

Also the pirates are the ones who pioneered capital camping. Killing the server pop along with it.

Was your nation affected by this or just hearsay?

Edited by Rigs

Just now, Rigs said:

Was your nation affected by this or just hear saying?

So you are saying the pirates didn't capture ports right next to CTown KPR and FR then proceeded to camp the capitals? The Brits and US got it the worst. We didn't have any new players for y'all to kill in France at the time. 

1 hour ago, Rigs said:

I call a troll any older player that says max rank mean squat, they know better, it can be done within 2 weeks.

This is what's known as a No True Scotsman fallacy. At some point people must no longer be qualified as a noob.

1 minute ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

So you are saying the pirates didn't capture ports right next to CTown KPR and FR then proceeded to camp the capitals? The Brits and US got it the worst. We didn't have any new players for y'all to kill in France at the time. 

So you are saying that the Brits and US lacked the decent people in their nation who were willing to help new guys. 

Just now, RedNeckMilkMan said:

I'm saying don't deny what the pirates did to try and take the morale high ground.

If you stand by your words, you are saying that Brits and US players don't have any decent people willing to help new guys.

Just now, Rigs said:

If you stand by your words, you are saying that Brits and US players don't have any decent people willing to help new guys.

Maybe at that time they had the numbers to fight you off but were too scared. Much in the same way the pirates are now. But enough of the PVP global politics. 

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan

1 minute ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

I edited

I think there is hope for you :)

Case and point, you cannot rely on players defending their own waters for multiple reasons.

More so, the game is about clans now and the sense of nations it's almost gone. 

I tend to scout out pvp opportunities based on tax revenue on ports.

So far I have been more successful that way then trying to circumvent the reinforcement zone.

The 95% sure fire way to get pvp though? Port battles, there are always groups around a port that is being targeted.

Anyway, i don't see the zones changing anytime soon because their main purpose is to deter players from attacking in those zones, to give both players and nations the ability to have a safe place to grow from possible territory and asset loss.

Is it too powerful? Maybe...i say no

Does it need changes/adjustments? Maybe...but currently I believe it is in a good place.

Lets wait for the next patch - we are expecting BR limits for port battles and that should greatly enhance the possibilities for smaller groups to take part. We are also expecting possible foreign clan alliances which should help immensely with any server imbalances in terms of population of nations.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1