Game-Labs Forum

Reinforcment Zones - Yay or Nay?

Reinforcment Zones - Yay or Nay?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the current Reinforcment Zones in unconquerable regions?

• Yes - Leave it as it is
    • No - Remove completely
    • Reduce the zone range
    • Change reinforcment-fleet size
    • Remove Reinforcments, add auto-signaling rules for unconquerable regions, battle stays open until defenders reached 1.5x BR
    • Other - Comment below

1 hour ago, Liq said:

Thats my issue with reinforcments, when I first heard about them coming back I thought they were supposed to balance ganks, e.g. 5v1 or similar. But no, I tagged an essex in my Surprise, and got 2 1st rate spawned in. A little bit overkill dont you think?

Total overkill. 2 Essexes would be okay.

5 minutes ago, Robert said:

You might have something there, I would suggest you start a poll on that.

It certainly would be interesting to see the result on that. I'd expect a massive "NO" to that because it would totally destroy the meaning of RvR aka Nation v Nation in a pvp environment. Want to smuggle something past enemy lines? Just disable pvp flag.
It could be a neat feature for the PvE server, and has been suggested there before. But I cant see it work on pvp.

5 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

There's a PVE server for a reason. If you aren't ready for unrestricted PVP go there

History would tend to repeat itself. If there was or revert to such thing as an unrestricted PvP server, there would probably be a majority of players leaving it.

Just now, Robert said:

History would tend to repeat itself. If there was or revert to such thing as an unrestricted PvP server, there would probably be a majority of players leaving it.

Never heard of such a thing. Since when has PVP ever killed the game? I know ez mode did, but not PVP.

There are people going pirate JUST for the PVP, and pirates still work as a nation and RVR. They're no different from a normal nation. They just get more freedom in the sandbox while a national can't even have the choice to become an outlaw, or hunt outlaws

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

1 minute ago, Robert said:
14 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

As opposed to now when we barely have 500 people during EU primetime? I remember NA having much, much more people when there was less restrictions on PvP

2 minutes ago, Liq said:

It certainly would be interesting to see the result on that. I'd expect a massive "NO" to that because it would totally destroy the meaning of RvR aka Nation v Nation in a pvp environment. Want to smuggle something past enemy lines? Just disable pvp flag.
It could be a neat feature for the PvE server, and has been suggested there before. But I cant see it work on pvp.

That would have nothing to do with RvR, you would have to turn your PvP on to join. The RvR is based on players that willingly do it and will continue to do that. I can see a problem, as mentioned before, with how to design it so it cannot to be abused.

3 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Never heard of such a thing. Since when has PVP ever killed the game? I know ez mode did, but not PVP.

There are people going pirate JUST for the PVP, and pirates still work as a nation and RVR. They're no different from a normal nation. They just get more freedom in the sandbox while a national can't even have the choice to become an outlaw, or hunt outlaws

How many people were/are playing the game before and after the reinforcement zones were implemented?

As admin stated the biggest problem is retention of new players and turn them into veterans. I think that everyone that joins the PvP server they want to PvP. I think the majority and casuals would want to have a choice to do it when they are ready and/or when they have time for it. I don't think majority wants to be constantly bashed in. I think they want to have fun while they are learning, leveling and getting ready for PvP on their own terms. 

Not even the hardcore players can do any sort of PvP if it's at a wrong time, if they have to go to work/school or they don't have that amount of time. In that case they would have to simply not play the game because there is nothing else to do. Just my thoughts.

Just now, Robert said:

How many people were/are playing the game before and after the reinforcement zones were implemented?

As admin stated the biggest problem is retention of new players and turn them into veterans. I think that everyone that joins the PvP server they want to PvP. I think the majority and casuals would want to have a choice to do it when they are ready and/or when they have time for it. I don't think majority wants to be constantly bashed in. I think they want to have fun while they are learning, leveling and getting ready for PvP on their own terms. 

Not even the hardcore players can do any sort of PvP if it's at a wrong time, if they have to go to work/school or they don't have that amount of time. In that case they would have to simply not play the game because there is nothing else to do. Just my thoughts.

You can't assess it that way because reinforcement zones were added when the big clan update was added.

The problem is that the people who want pvp can't get it now. We're trying too hard to cradle the PVErs when this is a PVP server and PVP should come first and foremost 

28 minutes ago, Zoky said:

As opposed to now when we barely have 500 people during EU primetime? I remember NA having much, much more people when there was less restrictions on PvP

So you saying there were more players before the latest patch than after? If that's true then you are completely right.

Just now, Robert said:

So you saying there were more players before the latest patch than after? If that's true then you are completely right.

There were more players after wipe, pre map wipe. When the game was its most challenging and PVP was unrestricted completely (no "BR difference too high")

1 minute ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

You can't assess it that way because reinforcement zones were added when the big clan update was added.

The problem is that the people who want pvp can't get it now. We're trying too hard to cradle the PVErs when this is a PVP server and PVP should come first and foremost 

I don't think there are PvE'rs on a PvP server, just players do PvE for PvP. I think a new (casual) player would want to learn to manual sail, aim, use the interface, unlock ship knowledge in PvE rather than against a hardcore all unlocked/mods/leveled up experienced  PvP'er. That should sum up to a bad experience for both. It's like taking on a kid. 

Again, we obviously represent 2 different categories of players and this is just expressing my point of view.

5 hours ago, Sunleader said:

If you Nerf PvE Rewards that means to Progress I need to PvP.

Meaning I would not PvP because I want to. But because I am forced to. To Progress.

What do you define as "progress"? I did a 4th rate fleet mission in a wasa: 550k gold, ~2,5k exp (+ those from the mission for those who have to lvl up) and a high amount of combat marks. All this for 35 minutes of "work". Lets say an avarage player will be able to earn about 500k and 1800 xp in an hour of doing pve missions. For such an amount of money u can buy ressources for a 4th rate at least. For one hour doing missions? 

I agree progress for a new player means: lvling up, seeing new types of ships and so on. For a full ranked (or high ranked) player i would like to know what progress actually means? 

If u want to have the best ships with the best refits you should have to take risks OR pay those who take the risk. Not too many people (i wanted to say noone but thats probably a lie) want you to come out of your safe bubble. You can get everything there. But it's basic. If you only play the basics of the game you will also get only the basics to see OR pay for it. 

I don't want you to come out of the safezone. I just want those daring to go out being rewarded for it. And if u make a negative experience in the OW, you do some missions and get the next ship. And you will learn what to care for the next time and will get better. For sure: beeing ganked is a hello kitty-up. But just take some friends and sail out. All that can happen is u lose your ship. It's just a ship. 

I started and i did pve for two and a hlalf month (beeing ganked sometimes) and then i entered the pvp world. sank so often, cant count it. But the game is a completely different one. I hope i speak for others, saying: take a look above the horizon. Speak with the players you are playing agaist. Most of them are nice guys that can teach u something (although nearly everyone will sink you - its the games purpose). The next time you get out, you know more. You learn about the wind, get to know your ship and the enemys' ship, develop your own style to play. This game has so much more than only shooting npcs. 

This is my definition of progress. Getting to know all of the game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

There were more players after wipe, pre map wipe. When the game was its most challenging and PVP was unrestricted completely (no "BR difference too high")

I have to take your word for that, I wasn't here at that time. The only thing I know and speaking with other new players and most returning they all like the reinforcement zones.  I have played a bit before the latest patch was implemented and the only thing I saw was some specific experienced players ganking new players in their national waters. I was fortunate enough to escape few times but I would of most likely quit the game if the reinforcement zones would not of been implemented. This comes from a guy that used to be hardcore in a few games before and being around before the games and computers were invented. I no longer have the time and my skills not as sharp as they used to be, but I keep trying to have some fun and find my place around that. ;)

2 hours ago, rediii said:

that wouldnt work either, sorry.

You would just be there blockading and everyone else would just not go there. 

If someone comes then its first a basic cutter to see how many enemies around and then a way bigger fleet would emerge. Wasting each others time.

It should be naturally that you blockade abport by attacking players there and not a button or something which they see and then just sail around the port. However because there is no incentive to leave safezones because everything is available there  its just a waste of time to sail around in small ships right now.

RvR happens in large fleets with big ships. Everything else makes no sense anymore. Frigates lost very much use. Wasas and above rule now but only in very big groups.

Not necessary, if you blockading some clan's port and that clan loosing taxable trade income, you bet they will come after you to lift a blockade And both of you will be willing and ready to fight.That is exact how RvR should work.

2 hours ago, rediii said:

Just a question Rediii (I'm tired of discussing anything with these other precious flowers who probably haven't even learnt how to use manual sails in their 1st rates yet).

Is it not likely that, provided the right mechanics, Legends might even provide a better RvR experience than NA itself?

With 25v25 organized clan battles with the current PB maps, a selection of initial spawn points to choose, and fleshed out ship customization (e.g. being able to pick wood trims), you'd essentially have PBs every day.

Minus all the boring stuff - hostility, transferring ships and repairs, organizing 1+ hour before the battle itself just for people to get ready, sailing time. It'd essentially be like the old flag system of just seeing who's online and doing something immediately.

With crafting heading towards a note system (making resource ownership and trading pointless) and a PvE OW where you no longer need buffer zones/map control, friendly ports provide no help, and no one will ever be defeated -  most of the things that give meaning to RvR in the open world game is disappearing anyways.

9 hours ago, Sunleader said:

If you Really think someone who just got his First 4th Rate would even stand so much as a chance against an Veteran PvPer then Sorry but either you suck or your lying because you want to force people into PvP so you get Victims.

No offense.

But someone can get a 1st Rate and still be Completely new at PvP.

And if he cant use that 1st Rate without being Raped cause he cant use it inside the safe zones.

He will never learn using it anywhere good enough to stand a Chance in PvP.

Instead he will be Raped by the PvPers 1-3 times and will Ragequit with a Negative Revuew which in essence says *Screw you guys this Game Sux. I am out*

Guys get this into your Head.

You will NEVER get any Population to PvP with if you Force People into PvP.

Because People who are Forced into PvP dont have Fun. Get Frustrated and Leave the Game entirely.

Force People to PvP = only Hardcore PvPers play the Game at all.

That so hard to understand????

Why do you think that MMORPGs which restrict PvP to Battlezones have 1000-3000 Players Average Online while MMORPGs that allow PvP everywhere have 50-200 Players Average Online????

If I do PvP Voluntarily and get Killed I say: well. Bad luck but hey I am learning.

If I get Forced to PvP abd get Killed I ragequit and say: Beeeeep you beeep I am out.

That such an difficult concept to understand ? :)

I'm not in favor of forcing anyone to PVP. I think the PVE server is great and hope the developers keep it and even develop it further. It is specifically designed for how you seem to want to play.

Although I've got several thousand hours on the PVP server, very few of those hours were PVP because I rarely go looking for it. I've got a fairly risk adverse personality. And due to low population, PVP has rarely found me.

I'm also in favor of the safe zones around the home regions so that the new players whom we all worry about keeping are able to learn to sail and fight. The safe zones also allow any rank to kill an hour or two PVE in game casually. I said safety until 4th rate missions because this would allow time not just to develop individual skills, but to even more importantly, develop relationships and group tactics which are necessary on the open water and in sailing big ships. It also gives time to build a fleet and gold reserves so a loss will not be catastrophic to the player.

What I don't want is you or I to be able to grind out 150,000 gold and 30-50 combat marks in one mission with no risk. That screws up the economy and server for everyone. However I never said that I thought you should not be able to take your 1st rate out and just hit AI in the safe zone. Have fun! I just want high level missions moved out.

You seem to believe leaving the safe zone is signing your own death sentence. It's not. With current population you have a good chance of not seeing another player out there. You have even a better chance if you're selective about where you sail. Anytime you're about to enter combat, watch the horizon. Make note of the wind direction. Would enemy reinforcements have the wind to get there quickly? Your battle will close in 3 minutes so no one will be able to enter after that. Sail with others. Work on fleet tactics and ship composition so that you have the right tools for the job. Mixed fleets of heavy and fast are great. Be ready. When you exit your battle you will have invisibility and high speed making it relatively easy to get away should others be waiting outside. Being out by yourself in a slow ship is not a good idea no matter how much you can earn killing stuff in your 1st rate.

One final thought:

I do wish the Devs would return the ability to do any level mission in any ship so if one wants to take his first rate into a midshipman mission inside the safe zone, he can. The rewards would just be midshipman level.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aegir said:

Very well, then I will leave you folks to your "PvE server with PvP instances only" ideas. Best of luck, the more you screw up NA, the more folks will switch to Legends instead when they get bored of sinking the same AI again and again and again.

Don't forget to push for notes to craft all ships too so we don't have to waste time on such useless things as resources, crafting or conquest too. Keep it simple for the simpletons.

Ha. Good Joke.

After thanks to having Unrestricted PvP we already lost two thirds of the Playerbase.

You now claim it will be PvE Players fault if the Game Dies ? :)

We should never have removed the old System where every Single Port had Reinforcement Zones.

Then we would still be here with 1200 instead of 400 Players Primetime.

12 hours ago, rediii said:

You have no idea about this game, sorry

You should go to the pve server 

This would kill every sense of rvr ingame. All traders would be safe. Pvp would die.

I would like to suggest the "pvp only if you feel like it etc." guys to go to the pve server. You definatly joined the wrong server

You know nothing about Gaming.

Your exactly one of these Locusts which goes from Game to Game and kills it demanding ever more PvP and ever less Protection.

And less Protection there is the less Targets there are resulting in you demanding even less Protection to reach the few targets that remain till none are left.

Good thing the Devs realized this and turned the Ship around.

Also I call Bullshit on that.

Sorry but PvE Server with 100% PvE and absolutely no way to PvP is the absolutely wrong server for me and almost everyone else.

Best would be they open 3 Servers.

PvE

Mixed

PvP

I take bets. The Mixed Server would be Full.

PvE would be like 200 Players Prime Time

And PvP like 50 Players Prime Time.

And I take another Bet.

ALL OF YOU would immediately come over to the Mixed Server cause on PvP Server with no Protection zones etc you dont find anyone to Fight with.....

11 hours ago, Zoky said:

REBELLION!!! off with carebare heads

How about you Show us how its done with your Head first ? :) 

9 hours ago, Palatinose said:

What do you define as "progress"? I did a 4th rate fleet mission in a wasa: 550k gold, ~2,5k exp (+ those from the mission for those who have to lvl up) and a high amount of combat marks. All this for 35 minutes of "work". Lets say an avarage player will be able to earn about 500k and 1800 xp in an hour of doing pve missions. For such an amount of money u can buy ressources for a 4th rate at least. For one hour doing missions? 

I agree progress for a new player means: lvling up, seeing new types of ships and so on. For a full ranked (or high ranked) player i would like to know what progress actually means? 

If u want to have the best ships with the best refits you should have to take risks OR pay those who take the risk. Not too many people (i wanted to say noone but thats probably a lie) want you to come out of your safe bubble. You can get everything there. But it's basic. If you only play the basics of the game you will also get only the basics to see OR pay for it. 

I don't want you to come out of the safezone. I just want those daring to go out being rewarded for it. And if u make a negative experience in the OW, you do some missions and get the next ship. And you will learn what to care for the next time and will get better. For sure: beeing ganked is a hello kitty-up. But just take some friends and sail out. All that can happen is u lose your ship. It's just a ship. 

I started and i did pve for two and a hlalf month (beeing ganked sometimes) and then i entered the pvp world. sank so often, cant count it. But the game is a completely different one. I hope i speak for others, saying: take a look above the horizon. Speak with the players you are playing agaist. Most of them are nice guys that can teach u something (although nearly everyone will sink you - its the games purpose). The next time you get out, you know more. You learn about the wind, get to know your ship and the enemys' ship, develop your own style to play. This game has so much more than only shooting npcs. 

This is my definition of progress. Getting to know all of the game.

Well if I pay you 5 Dollars for 8 hours Work you are also effectively Paid.

But if I pay the Girl thats nice to me in the evening 50 Dollars for 8 hours Work despite her doing the same Job.

Then I would take the guess you would be Pissed *gg*

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Farrago said:

I'm not in favor of forcing anyone to PVP. I think the PVE server is great and hope the developers keep it and even develop it further. It is specifically designed for how you seem to want to play.

Although I've got several thousand hours on the PVP server, very few of those hours were PVP because I rarely go looking for it. I've got a fairly risk adverse personality. And due to low population, PVP has rarely found me.

I'm also in favor of the safe zones around the home regions so that the new players whom we all worry about keeping are able to learn to sail and fight. The safe zones also allow any rank to kill an hour or two PVE in game casually. I said safety until 4th rate missions because this would allow time not just to develop individual skills, but to even more importantly, develop relationships and group tactics which are necessary on the open water and in sailing big ships. It also gives time to build a fleet and gold reserves so a loss will not be catastrophic to the player.

What I don't want is you or I to be able to grind out 150,000 gold and 30-50 combat marks in one mission with no risk. That screws up the economy and server for everyone. However I never said that I thought you should not be able to take your 1st rate out and just hit AI in the safe zone. Have fun! I just want high level missions moved out.

You seem to believe leaving the safe zone is signing your own death sentence. It's not. With current population you have a good chance of not seeing another player out there. You have even a better chance if you're selective about where you sail. Anytime you're about to enter combat, watch the horizon. Make note of the wind direction. Would enemy reinforcements have the wind to get there quickly? Your battle will close in 3 minutes so no one will be able to enter after that. Sail with others. Work on fleet tactics and ship composition so that you have the right tools for the job. Mixed fleets of heavy and fast are great. Be ready. When you exit your battle you will have invisibility and high speed making it relatively easy to get away should others be waiting outside. Being out by yourself in a slow ship is not a good idea no matter how much you can earn killing stuff in your 1st rate.

One final thought:

I do wish the Devs would return the ability to do any level mission in any ship so if one wants to take his first rate into a midshipman mission inside the safe zone, he can. The rewards would just be midshipman level.

No.

What Screws up the Economy is the PvP killing it.

The Economy on the Server is dead on the Floor.

It pretty much does not exist anymore.

Because when Safezones were removed and Ganking became omnipotent. Getting Ressources and Goods from A to B became near impossible. Unless you had a Clan for Protection. But if you had your stuff went to the Clan not into the Economy.

The Economy hence grinded to a halt and the few things sold are so expensive that you need to grind hours for it.

Economy by default is a PvE Job.

Because Crafting etc runs without fighting. And in Fights for Economy to work you need to gain something from the other.

Between Players that leads to a Problem. Because it would only work if both Sides gained more than they lost.

If one Side loses more than it gains the Economy in Total loses.

After all. If I get Sunk but earn enough to just buy back my Ship etc etc there is no Risk or even need to Win.

Worse since you Won and earn even more but dont need to buy back your stuff the Economy us Flooded super fast. And stuff gets worthless.

Hence by default Economy is ALWAYS PvE.

Unfortunately PvE was killed when they removed the Reinforcemebts abd the Economy grinded to a halt.

Cause we only got Fighters left which only craft the necessary stuff inside the Clan so you cant even really get a first rate alone cause nobody sells one.

In Naval Action Legends they will likely remove the Economy. You lvl and earn money by fighting even if you lose. And dying hust costs some repair reducing your gain a bit. But never lose your Ship or something.

But for the actual Game you need the PvEers because they are the ones who produce the stuff you then can buy cheaply cause they could produce inside a safezone.

If I cant produce things safely why would I sell it openly???

I would do what was done for the last few months and keep everything inside the clan because or sell at ridiculous prices.

After all I need to have enough fallback in case I get done in several times losing my stuff.

The ability to Produce stuff in relative safety is exactly why back then even new Players could PvP.

Cause well you lost a Ship ? No prob new 5th Rate Frigate is like 100k so 1 max 2 Missions of your Rank.

Now?

Oh you lost your 5th Rate ? Well unless your in some Big Clan were someone crafts it for you if you gibe him rrssources. You need 400-1000k to get something decent.

If anything is sold at all that is.

I for my part have been looking for a Trinko 3 days now. But guess how big chances are to get one without asking one of the Clans Shipbuilders to make one for me. Which you can guess will be insanely expensive unless I join that Clan :)

You guys complain that there us not enough PvP etc.

But guys the ones currently being the biggest Hindrance to PvP is you yourself.

Your Fanatic belief that PvE should be punished by less reward or if you follow the even more hardcore people here should even be completely prevented by making PvP possible everywhere.

Is exactly the reason why the Grind for the PvPers is gegting worse and worse.

If I as an PvE Trader/Crafter can easily get Money and Mats to Build Stuff.

I sell it accordingly Cheap cause I can easily get it again.

And others can as well so Competition drives prize down even further.

So you PvPers can do PvP and stuff Cheap.

But If I have to get everything under the risk of losing it. (Aside from being frustrated and leaving tje game if it gets too annoying) I have to calculate all of that into the Risk.

On top far less people sell stuff at all so I can demand far more.

And then its you PvPers which will pay for it.

Because that Ship now doesnt cost you 1-2 Mission Rewards but 8-10 Mission Rewards ;)

You guys want to Fight without Grinding all the Time so why the Hell are you so intend on getting exactly this group ,which reduces your Grinding times, out of the Game :) ?

Think about it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rediii said:

Things have to be adjusted. Risk should give you more reward / the reward you get now from pve missions bht pve inside the safezone should give for example 50% less.

We think its impossible for the following reason. We found no rewards to compensate the risk for the average player. We tried to go against the grain and have the whole world to be a pvp zone - but it did not work. Maybe its the reason concord and huge highsec exists in eve.

The only way to encourage pvp is content wall and pvp marks (we have not removed them completely btw).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, admin said:

We think its impossible for the following reason. We found no rewards to compensate the risk for the average player. We tried to go against the grain and have the whole world to be a pvp zone - but it did not work. Maybe its the reason concord and huge highsec exists in eve.

The only way to encourage pvp is content wall and pvp marks (we have not removed them completely btw).

Your trying to please every one.  High Risk should have HIGH REWARDS.   Every game I been on if you wanted the ELITE gear you had to do the ELITE dungeons or gets some one else to grind it and buy it off.  Many games didn't even allowed this cause elite gear would lock to your char.  Though this tend to be only after you put it on as Auction House and trade got big in many games.   So why should joe blow average player that doesn't do PvP or RvR get the same rewards or better rewards?  Cuase right now to get the best gear you have to do PvE grind.  Instead give PvP big rewards that only they can get and if others want they have to buy it from the folks that do RvR/PvP.  Brining back things like Paint Chest would be a good balance way to test this out.  Sorry you want paint you need to do the RvR/PvP part of the game or pay some one that does it.   Certain none Port battle ships is another way.  You have skins for some ships that have multi look?  Santa Ceclian and the other Hermione for example.  Same ship but two paints.  I saw an outlaw paint for the Heavy Rattler.  You can have some paints any one can get, but have certain paints that only can get if you PvP.  I thought of a cool way to do this is make the 5th slot on any ship only unlock with PvP xp.  Once it's unlock it gives a special paint for that ship that only folks with that slot unlocked can use.  This will show folks this is an Elite ship and the player or owner of the original ship (you can cap or trade them) unlocked his ship fully.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, admin said:

If I might be so Bold. That is exactly why I think running it as a Mixed Server would be the best choice.

PvPers hate Grinding PvE Content to do PvP.

So in my eyes there is really only 2 Choices.

Run the Economy by NPCs so PvP Risks are lowered due to everything being easy to replace.

This will promote PvP but of course also hurt PvE Players as they compete against unlimited NPC Ressources hence allowing for a Full PvP Server which PvE Players however will not play on.

Is to Run the Server Mixed.

Allow PvE Players to do their thing by having Protection Zones and other ways to avoid PvP if they want.

This will run the Economy and New Players can take an approach.

Hardcore PvPers will be annoyed for some time until the playerbase recovers enough that people start spreading out again.

The Protection Zone was a Good Step towards that.

If I might be so free. There is Option to get both under the Hat.

Trade Permits could be Bought for Combat Marks and could give Players the Right to Dock in other Nations Ports and Protect em from being Attacked by the respective Factions Players. Only works for Trade Ships of course. But broadens the Market.

PvP Events are a good way especially for new Players to get in on PvP. For example. A Port could Announce it seeks Escorts for a Treasure Convoy.

At a set time the Convoy Starts and Players can Follow.

Other Nations get Spy Reports saying an Enemy Convoy is out and will be given hints for the Route. This will allow to Balance the Battle with NPCs for the Inferior side.

Marked as PvP event both sides know to get only a Ship they can afford and as its an Event Battle. Rewards can be Granted even if you Die.

Another easy way would be smaller scale Battles that work like Port Battles but on Open Sea and on Smaller Scale.

2 Nations Fight for Fun and Glory and for some Special Rewards ;)

announced 1 Day prior to actually happening.

Example. Today several British and Spanish Fleets arrived in the Plrts x/y to meet each other in Battle. The King/Queen etc have Promised Wealth and Glory for any Captain that Supports our Glorious Fleet in Battle.

Every Captain who wants to share our Victory should be ready in Port x/y (each faction their own) to Join our Fleet at xx-xx time :)

Each side gets an NPC Fleet and 10 Players of roughly equal Battlerating.

Battles are filled as long as both sides got Players. If one Side Runs out of Players they get NPCs to fill up.

To prevent the big Nations from just fighting NPCs all day they will have Battles with several other Nations at the same time so their numbers are distributed.

Just some ideas :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, admin said:

Lol, but you never tried to add spawn points to easy travel around the world. That was your only fix for population and action popularity. It is still your only fix, but now with less player interest to play NA. Don't take me wrong , but me and my clan are not going to spend 2 hours sailing looking for nothing. Was in game yesterday, all members on Teamspeak complained that there is nothing to do and it's boring. Good luck. 

P.S. People will risk if time to go from one end of the world to another is reasonable. Remember these words. 

Edited by George Washington

4 hours ago, admin said:

This won't happen in the world where parties wanting to do pvp can't find each other and where only ganking is profitable (as battles will stay mostly a run /chase encounters). 

I'm starting to suspect you don't have an incentive to fix PvP, as it could make Legends a weaker alternative.

Edited by vazco