Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

admin

21 minutes ago, admin said:

well. 20 simultaneously starting port battles was not expected and caused bugs in messaging system (placing markers for entry). Today we found that they were actually active and could have been accessed if players relogged.

Dear admin,

we had members testing logging out in port to no avail.

Do you expect the unexpected tonight again, is there a hotfix or are we countries down the list just out of luck?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, admin said:

but then defenders won't be able to come in. Maybe we should lower number of ships in missions and limit the entry by ship type

Ultimately the PvE hostility and PB battles are just placeholders. As long as they don't form an insurmountable wall for a small rookies fleet, then everything is fine.

We just need to wait and see what happens when/if the veterans start clashing. If it is again at the expense of rookies, then a reassessment is needed.

• Like 1

Just now, Donjuan Dimarco said:

I think it would be better doing a complete map reset, because its unfair that other nations have an advantage by uncalculatable circumstances!

I don't think they'll do that, in the past plenty of ports have been taken by using exploits or failed game mechanics and they have never been undone. Its still alpha, its to be expected but I get that it is upsetting.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, admin said:

well bugs happen. 20 simultaneously starting port battles was not expected and caused bugs in messaging system (placing markers for entry). Today we found that they were actually active and could have been accessed if players relogged. 

Bugs happen of course, we're not blaming you for that.

However, with the 3 PB a day limit, and the setback for everybody except the danes (and dutch and swedes being disadvantaged the worst) the conquest competition is a done deal.

Please consider resetting the capped ports, because there is just no point to compete in conquest competition otherwise...

• Like 1

@admin any chance you could let us know what the update is?

Just now, Knobby said:

Bugs happen of course, we're not blaming you for that.

However, with the 3 PB a day limit, and the setback for everybody except the danes (and dutch and swedes being disadvantaged the worst) the conquest competition is a done deal.

Please consider resetting the capped ports, because there is just no point to compete in conquest competition otherwise...

i assume this is an EU server issue? because global doesn't need a map reset :P 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kitsunelegend said:

I'm a VERY casual player myself. I ran one combat mission, a master com level, on the pve server the day of the patch, and have to say... I wasn't very impressed. The AI ship still is deadly accurate, their stern chasers still MASSIVELY going over the max angle limits of fire (firing almost 90 degrees to the ship's hull to hit targets), and just being far too powerful with far too many buffs.

As for income...yeah...it was a little better...but I've been stuck very firmly at 600k since the wipe... I've done all kinds of trading, all kinds of missions, and the ONLY reason I managed to even get my Essex back and kit her with 32pd carros was because A: I had the redeemable surprise (which I sold after getting a Frigate) and practically begging in nation chat for anyone that could build an Essex. The only other reason I was able to even make as much as I did, even though I play very casually and barely 2 to 4 hours a week, is because I've been around this game a long time now. I know most of the ins and outs. i know how to fight the AI and sink them reliably. I know how to use production buildings, I know how to buy low and sell high, what not to trade and where the best stuff *MIGHT* be... And yet... I'm still struggling... I'm STILL having trouble getting anywhere...

My heart goes out to newbies just starting, trying to figure even the basics of sailing, because if I'M having issues, god only knows the issues they're going through...

This game has gone so far downhill this past year that the devs will need rocket boosters to get out of the hole its in currently...

Thank you from your post, just what I asked.

Now everyone on this forum is like, "Is this a troll post?  Can this actually be true?".  I am honest and I went to check kitsus other posts to try to verify this is not a troll post.  No offence Kitsu.  I make unofficial statement which is definitely not signed by devs, You do not belong to Naval Actions target market sector.

Community on this forum is pretty HC, they have even told me that I think too much casuals and my ideas destroy the game for all the rest.  If that story I wrote was the best I can do to imagine how casuals do in this game, the rest of the community was probably laughing at my crazy casual ideas.

"If they are able to join PvP fight with 1 durability ship every second day, this income rate may not be even enough for many." - Most from our community does not even register this line.

I tell you a secret...  Most guys here and their clan mates want that everything is super expensive, then these same guys and their clan mates are afraid to leave protected capital zone without 5-10 friends.

The best advice you are going to get is probably that you should join a clan.

Try shooting your chaser one at time and see if there is any difference in your accuracy.

• Like 1

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198021487140/recommended/311310/

About this one, I really think there should be tutorial to help people in their first mission.  Find from GUI the mission section and take correctly ranked mission, understand that they have to open the map to see where they are and where they should go to make this mission.  Then help with navigation tools and explain that big arrow is the wind direction.  Explain in mission that red bar is where you aim etc. very simple basic stuff.

Might be ok to have a 1st version from the real GUI as well.  This alone could help people to stay longer than those 10 hours.

I understood that you were planning to do the tutorial later, but it might be that first version of it sooner than later would not harm anyone.

• Like 1

Please do not reset the map!

At least we Swedes have no issue being a day or two behind, we can adapt to that.

What is important to me if it is fixed going forward; my fellow Swedes are not amused doing port flips just for the laugh.

Many thanks for considering keeping information flowing. o7

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

You can spend 6-12 hours per day to Naval Action.  It is true that you may own soon all blueprints, ships, upgrades and have billions.  I really dont think this will be the case when we think average players.

Youre missing a few important points, and casuals seem to be total noobs in your eyes. If you only play 2 hours a week, you still get 7k LH each week. And dont tell me someone dont has the time to log in once every 24 hours for 2 mins to use his labour. 500-600k free money. 

Youre cherrypicking here, what if he looses his ship every evening... etc. You have absolutely no idea how long it takes average players to sink a ship. Especially while mechanics allow easy escapes in PvP, and safezones protect you in PvE. Youre assumption is that you need a new ship every 2 hours?! Base balancing on this (it probably isnt far off already), and you need a second wipe within weeks.

Playing less means logically also loosing less ships, so it doesnt matter at all if you play 2 or 20 hours a week. The only difference is that you get more relative labour the less you play.

Edited by Fargo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sveno said:

What is important to me if it is fixed going forward; my fellow Swedes are not amused doing port flips just for the laugh.

we have deployed the hot fix today where the battles starting at the same time will not attempt to create instances at the same time but will try to spread them within 20-30second intervals.
also in the hot fix - several reasons for crashes were found and fixed 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, admin said:

we have deployed the hot fix today where the battles starting at the same time will not attempt to create instances at the same time but will try to spread them within 20-30second intervals.
also in the hot fix - several reasons for crashes were found and fixed

Great, many thanks for the swift fix & info.

o7

7 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Maybe you should read my posts again.

9 hours ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

If they are able to join PvP fight with 1 durability ship every second day, this income rate may not be even enough for many.

What do you want to say with this otherwise? But ill change it if i missinterpretated.

4 minutes ago, sveno said:

Great, many thanks for the swift fix & info.

o7

if markers don't generate do this (spread this info in chat)
force close the client - and login again - it should show the marker for port battle
(if your login takes more than 5 mins then enter the nearby neutral port to take it off)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fargo said:

What do you want to say with this otherwise? But ill change it if i missinterpretated.

3 things.

1. I say there "enough for many", which does not mean that I especially want A or B.

2. You cannot remove 1 sentence from a post and define that it means A.  You have to actually read and understand the whole post.

3. If you had read forward you might have read the next sentence that is, "  I am not asking to increase the income rate, but I think that we definitely should test the current one before we state that we are all doomed."

That basically means that the guys who are here saying that the income rate is insane and way too high -> They should hold their horses and test a bit more before we make any fast decision.

I am not native in English, I do not know if you are.  I am anyway sorry if my posts are hard to understand correctly.