Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

admin

2 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I'm not sure about other groups, but we have been able to do the hostility missions with 3 guys at minimum (but it was rough). Once we added a 4th player it was not hard.

from your experience they are easy
you are a pro

from new player perspective the mountain is insurmountable.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Jef said:

Reason people are around the capital area's is to find people to fight, and raid. Now with that gone, I have no incentive to go sailing for hours in the hopes of finding somebody...

And vice versa I enjoyed hunting down raiders attacking KPR or Belize. And scare them off or fight (and often die :D ). 

I literally jumped in a privateer to hunt Dutch Traders, that is now off the books, as that entire region is basically protected now.  I avoided anything below 'master and commander' lvl, even gave money to dutch starters and tips on how to avoid us 'raiders'.

But where do I find these traders now, with that entire region on lock down...

I also raided the French,Swedes I would sail up and down between Carriacou and Desirades and hunt traders sailing between bridgetown and Fort Royal, again this is now off the books as that region is also on lock down.

So where do I hunt traders now... I could join some of my clan mates and do PVE missions now all around protected Jamaica and fight AI, but that's not why I joined a PVP server.

I know its an old song. But imagine a 10 or 15 minute joining timer at ROE. BR doesnt matter. What happens is that the closer to an enemy port you get the more dangerous it becomes to attack a ship. Pretty much like in real life. If you are more than 10-15 minutes away from a port - say somewhere at the open sea - no one can come for help. Pretty much in real life. For the traders going across the open sea the benefits for huge profits must be enhanced. In this way pirates have their real role as they had. No pirate ever sailed just in front of a fort capturing traders. They did so in remote corners. A longer joning timer would reflect this.

Longer joning timers would also make big battles an option. Sail out - find a battle- enjoy the action. 

I simply wonder why the ability to join action has been limited to enhance gankers close to enemy capitals.

5 minutes ago, admin said:

You did. So why don't you pvp pvp players? In unprotected waters. There are plenty of activity around hostility these days. . Everyone is raising hostility or doing port battles? Why don't you fight those who can and want to fight back? We are sure they will come out and start coming out more.. but there will be less hunting in areas around uncapturable islands or coasts.

Good point.

And as i see it, PvP 'zones' will just set after some of the first ports got flipped.

there will be a lot RvR (I hope) and fleet PvP action.

Fight for 'rare' ressources. Let small clan have ports, why not, i aggree.

3 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

Taxing players is a huge mistake.

no. for new players it will be business as usual.
first the profits margins are 3-4x+ or more on trading goods 
second most games have taxes 
third - trade with untaxed ports

and again - for new players this will be fine

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Teutonic said:

true.

could the missions then scale up as you add more people into the mission?

but then defenders won't be able to come in. Maybe we should lower number of ships in missions and limit the entry by ship type

1 minute ago, admin said:

You did. So why don't you pvp pvp players? In unprotected waters. There are plenty. Everyone is raising hostility or doing port battles? Why don't you fight those who can fight back?

Oh I fought more then just traders, but you are missing the point... if those area's are protected where most people are, how can we find people that do venture outside of these regions.
Especially with the current amount of people!

Why not come with options of doing convoy missions for people etc, I'm a trader myself, I hire clan members to protect me when I went around Jamaica or did bigger trips. 

Regarding hostility grinding, yeah I spend my fair time helping out... but try finding the enemy fleet... with the mission spawn all over the place..

4 minutes ago, admin said:

no. for new players it will be business as usual.
first the profits margins are 3-4x+ or more on trading goods 
second most games have taxes 
third - trade with untaxed ports

and again - for new players this will be fine

As seen in Eve it also could be interisting to Tax the money out of the mission from the Port triggered, same as killing ships in the region.

15 minutes ago, admin said:

but then defenders won't be able to come in. Maybe we should lower number of ships in missions and limit the entry by ship type

Maybe allow for players to join until timer runs out, and then fill in missing places by bots, to match attackers? This way if there are 25 defenders, they can also fight.

Fighting 25 players with 20 players and 5 bots will always mean a defeat for you anyway.

11 minutes ago, rahzor said:

As seen in Eve it also could be interisting to Tax the money out of the mission from the Port triggered, same as killing ships in the region.

10 percent tax turns fir from 31 to 36 its really nothing especially taking into account most shipbuilding prices dropped by 17%.  

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

The reduction in material weights was a very good change, but the lack of adjustments on the actual cargo ships or trader ships is not helping.

A Trader Snow is still useless compared to a Trader Brig.   And a Brig is useless compared to the LGV. 

An LGV is useless in the shallows, just sayn'.  I agree on the Snow/brig issue IRL the size of the Ontario and Fair American was very similar which is not apparent in the game models.

I was able to put quite a lot of materials on a T brig included logs so I am not sure cargo capacity adjustment is needed (Snow maybe).

As for the Wasa issues a restriction to the original 24/18/6 pdr armament may well put her in line with the other 4th rates.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, admin said:

Defenders can't come in right now because we have no idea where the missions are. The first warning we get is hostility raised to 25% from the first battle. By the time we undock, they're already in the second battle. If we don't find them right away, they'll have flipped the port.

As long as the missions aren't directly in front of the port, defense is nigh impossible.

• Like 1

Well, my main issue is with PvP. Where do I go now to get PvP? Where can I find other people who are interested in PvP and don't get a reinforcement of 15 first rates once I attack them? Right now it's only PvE for me, even though servers have many players.

Admin, maybe you could give me an advice here?

Even talking with French, who also want to fight, didn't work. Noone wants to fight even fights, even when ships are cheap. There are no incentives for them to fight. 30 people just lost their time, with no real fight for 1.5h.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, admin said:

perhaps you can take a break for an half an hour 

the only thing happened the pb was bugged  that's all

and pls close this thread it s beginning to look od

we at la orchilla were disappointed to , but we do it again someday

58 minutes ago, admin said:

i guess hostility mission bots should be lowered. as we DO want 5 player clan to have a chance to take a port if they wish. 

today i solo'ed a 4th rate hostility mission in my teak/wo vic. sure, took me 80 minutes and cost like 1000 rum and 250 hull reps, but if i can do it solo, so can 3 ppl in tanky wasa

1 hour ago, Jef said:

Reason people are around the capital area's is to find people to fight, and raid. Now with that gone, I have no incentive to go sailing for hours in the hopes of finding somebody...

And vice versa I enjoyed hunting down raiders attacking KPR or Belize. And scare them off or fight (and often die :D ). 

I literally jumped in a privateer to hunt Dutch Traders, that is now off the books, as that entire region is basically protected now.  I avoided anything below 'master and commander' lvl, even gave money to dutch starters and tips on how to avoid us 'raiders'.

But where do I find these traders now, with that entire region on lock down...

I also raided the French,Swedes I would sail up and down between Carriacou and Desirades and hunt traders sailing between bridgetown and Fort Royal, again this is now off the books as that region is also on lock down.

So where do I hunt traders now... I could join some of my clan mates and do PVE missions now all around protected Jamaica and fight AI, but that's not why I joined a PVP server.

Instead of hunting the traders at the consuming port (capital) now you have to hunt them at the producing port (Nuetral town).  Using the trader tool can tell you most likely Nuetral/captured ports to hunt.

You can also get a partner and hunt as a duo rather than solo. One player attracts the reinforcements while the other finishes the trader target before it gets to the reinforcements.  As someone said, this will only deter the average hunters.

Also, I think you can still jump into player missions and I don't think they get reinforcements inside them.

8 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

You need to intercept hostility fleets for PVP.  Or jump into their missions.

There's no option to. Once you group up and get to the area, port is already flipped. Also, all flips happen in the morning. In the evening, when I play, there's nothing to do, except for PvE, which is plain boring.

1 hour ago, Jean Ribault said:

You won't find them.  20% player tax, I quit the game.  I'm sure many will follow.  There is no reason to trade anymore.  10% coming, 10% going.  Time for Civ VI.  Taxing players is a huge mistake.

Seriously???  It's easy to find trade good items that were and still yield 100% profit.  I wouldn't even bother with runs that were less than 80% profit.  20% tax shouldn't be stopping anyone and if you know a good trader port you can always cap it and lower the tax.