Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

admin

7 hours ago, Captain corn blower said:

Patch notes would be nice to have . also sorry but that 10 percent tax needs to go away its killing trading 

I'm sorry if your earnings are 10% off profits than your trading in the wrong goods.  I made a ran last night and made over 50% off profits after the 10% tax and it was just stuff I picked up in a port cause I was going to be empty on the run back.   It just means you need to trade a little smarter and there isn't an instant get rich option like before when folks was making killing off only trading.  Now you have to work a bit just like we have to go out and do a bit grinding to get the same or more money in the same time.

On 11.09.2017 at 11:59 AM, admin said:

Update 29 September

• You can now control the square sail under manual skipper on Cutter and similar ships 
  • Hostility missions in recently captured ports work correctly now
  • Fixed bug that did not let players take hostililty missions against Guacata 
  • Fixed bug that blocked player contract to be filled by NPC
  • Fixed description of French Gunnery Sergeant module blueprint
  • Also several other bugs were fixed

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Demsity said:

@admin
Still no indications of enemy reinforcement zone? Do we have an ETA on this feature?

If you look at the map and scroll over the region capital, you see that big bubble, if your in that your in it.  Pretty much.  Ya'll don't want GPS in game (which was never a dot on the map you still had to figure Long and Lat out) but you want something to tell you when your in waters you prob shouldn't be in?

Really folks if your having to guess if your in the wrong waters?  You prob are in the wrong waters.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

If you look at the map and scroll over the region capital, you see that big bubble, if your in that your in it.  Pretty much.  Ya'll don't want GPS in game (which was never a dot on the map you still had to figure Long and Lat out) but you want something to tell you when your in waters you prob shouldn't be in?

Really folks if your having to guess if your in the wrong waters?  You prob are in the wrong waters.

I can navigate just fine, but try your "fix" with the danes, swedes and french... Its very unclear

Edited by Demsity

@admin are you aware that the latest patch completely screwed up the Privateer's turning? The Privateer's greatest quality is its turning rate. It allows it to dodge shots that would otherwise destroy the ship in battle. It is now a useless ship because every ship now out-turns the Privateer. 

Was this intentionally done to nerf the Privateer? If not, can you acknowledge it as a bug and fix it?

On 29/09/2017 at 12:59 PM, Borch said:

Could we have the message "Recently Killed" changed into something like "Recently Sunk"?

Let's be honest, you are not killing anyone in this game and also it's so sad to see all the newbies in basic cutters being "Recently Killed" all the time.

True.

Recently clubbed ?

So what's up with the bottle drops .I have been sailing grate distance all or the map reestablishing new trade routes and in the last 2 week have only gotten 2 bottles . I had up to 17 bottle in my warehouse now im down to 3 and any drops in any of them . also have Tryed opening them in different areas of the map .I have never seen treaties to saltpeater. Or expert carpenters note book .what good is crafting if you never get thoughs thing to be able to craft the mods . and yes I have never got eneything other the rum and hull repairs sinking war ships. . I think making them craftable say buying them with CM then buying the blueprints and then being able to craft them and also have at least 5 permanent slot on your ship not just 3 to balance your ship mods better 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Privateer was f*cked up in the latest changes.

Just now, Captain corn blower said:

It definitely was .Also there are less smaller feets to attack with you smaller ships like privateer 

Everyone wanted bigger ships to sail... so all they sail is 5th rates and bigger.  So all you will see is 5th rates or bigger ships for NPCs too.  

#NAdoesntcareaboutprivateers

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain corn blower said:

Which brings me to a nother piont why are there no Indiman trader AI in game to loot and plunder even if you can't cap them you can still loot and sink them 

If they were to fix the trading game that wouldn't be a problem because you'd be able to loot and plunder player traders instead, who do sail the Indiaman.

26 minutes ago, Captain corn blower said:

I think at this point in the game All the ship should be back in this game and all mods should be able to be crafted in including the rare ones which you never get or see ..

If I recall the only thing that was holding back the addition of more ships or mods was the engine limitations, which was supposed to go away with the engine update.

So the engine has been updated, where is our Rattlesnake, Santa Cecilia, Ingermanland, and other.

3 hours ago, Captain corn blower said:

I think at this point in the game All the ship should be back in this game and all mods should be able to be crafted in including the rare ones which you never get or see ..

Not sure why this was removed but I also wonder about adding back the durability on the ships, more so, make it refill durability in a form or another.

Just an example for whoever not familiar with the system:

http://potbs.wikia.com/wiki/Durability

Edited by Robert

46 minutes ago, Robert said:

Not sure why this was removed but I also wonder about adding back the durability on the ships, more so, make it refill durability in a form or another.

Just an example for whoever not familiar with the system:

http://potbs.wikia.com/wiki/Durability

Durability wouldn't work with the skill system, and in the old module system it made split duras basically useless. With skill system instead of modules being able to split off duras via capping would be too abusable 

What thought would  be better then the lose your ship and craft or buy a new one .would be like a lot of game out there say your in a battle and you get sunk or even capped by your  adversarie .he would get credit for the kill or even a  idinical copy of your ship if caped , but you don't really lose your ship but you would lose all cargo cannons and your ship would need a complete rebuild in your ship yard which would cost you money and labor hours and that way you would not lose your mods and say it would take 24 or even 48 refit it  before you could use it .

Edited by Captain corn blower

Little while ago i did propose almost the same thing:

If you lost your ship in battle you can craft salvage note, this will take same type materials and require same craft level as real ship, upon successful salvage you get your damaged ship back and have a chance to get all or some of installed upgrades and some of the cannons back as well.

As ship getting older  you may also have to apply refit kits (made from same types of mats and require same craft level as original ship) from time to time to restore your ship to it original condition.

This way you will be able to rescue your beloved ship and keep ship builders happy and economy moving at the  same time.

Edited by AglyBeard
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Robert said:

The question is why should there be artificial nonesense like multi durability, not the other way round.

The arguments i read out of posts above are "it should be there" and "other games have it".... Those games probably dont focus on realism. In theory this game has an economy and shipbuilding part. How exiting would it be to craft items to fill up durabilities all day long for a shipbuilder?!

Durabilities wont make ships cheaper for you btw. cause material cost would be adjusted accordingly, you are just forced to buy multiple ships at once. Otherwise whats the difference?Refits need to be better accessable, but thats no reason to do multi durability. When sailing ships around is a problem, "send ship to outpost" at the cost of time and gold would be super reasonable.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Fargo said:

The question is why should there be artificial nonesense like multi durability, not the other way round.

The arguments i read out of posts above are "it should be there" and "other games have it".... Those games probably dont focus on realism. In theory this game has an economy and shipbuilding part. How exiting would it be to craft items to fill up durabilities all day long for a shipbuilder?!

Durabilities wont make ships cheaper for you btw. cause material cost would be adjusted accordingly, you are just forced to buy multiple ships at once. Otherwise whats the difference?Refits need to be better accessable, but thats no reason to do multi durability. When sailing ships around is a problem, "send ship to outpost" at the cost of time and gold would be super reasonable.

When we had multiple duras, I played the game a lot, knowing a loss wasnt vital. It was forgiving on THE LESSER AND MEDIUM levels of gameplay. It was a great system! Beginners ships could be lost a lot while a 1st rate had to be nursed around.

Realism is not always the same as good gameplay.

Bring back multiple duras!

20 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

If they were to fix the trading game that wouldn't be a problem because you'd be able to loot and plunder player traders instead, who do sail the Indiaman.

You will never be able to create a game where there's a sufficient number of players who do nothing but sail around in traders to be prey for other players.

Capturing player indiamen (or any traders for that matter) are lucky strikes, not consistent gameplay.

It's a mentality issue, not a gameplay issue. No one likes paying money to play a game where he exists only as prey for other players.