Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

admin

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

Depends how much your time is worth for you. I dont need to do much for a hermione. I would say timeinvestment is bigger for a suprise. Also you should consider LH

Also if you buy ressoirces on the market I would say a suprise is mor expensive? Not sure tho

Atm I would rather take a hermione

Going strictly by Mortimer market, 150(crafted fir/fir) to 260(teak white) for a surprise, and i buy CM for the 6-8k a piece regularly. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Robert said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like Cecilia sailing profile is similar with Surprise while L'Hermione seems to be subpar by comparison especially where it matters (close haul and close reach).

Yes, that's the balance between the ships as of today, L'Hermione pays in speed for her firepower like many other ships. They've announced an upcoming review of ship balance.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Robert said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like Cecilia sailing profile is similar with Surprise while L'Hermione seems to be subpar by comparison especially where it matters (close haul and close reach).

Sailing profile doesn't apply to battle rating.

1 minute ago, Quineloe said:

There's nothing to elaborate. Sailing Profile is not a factor for BR. What were you trying to say by quoting me?

You quoted my post so I'm trying to have an intelligent conversation. Who said anything about sailing profile being a factor for BR?

16 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

Sailing profile doesn't apply to battle rating.

it is to the extent but not for all ships
we are going to update the BR systems and sailing profiles within 1 month while we are working on the UI which takes all of the programming resources.

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, admin said:

it is to the extent but not for all ships
we are going to update the BR systems and sailing profiles within 1 month while we are working on the UI which takes all of the programming resources.

lovely to hear about looking into Ship balance.

While I am sure you guys are working on the UI and probably already have in mind some ship balancing, would you be able to give us any initial thoughts on what ships you're looking at? Or is that a little too soon?

• Like 2

On 9/20/2017 at 5:30 PM, admin said:

If we did not do it we would have had better AI for example and more pvp content (because better pve = better retention = more online = more solo hunting content)

That makes no sense in the current iteration of the game where there is a knife-sharp divide between the PvE and PvP content. 1000 PvErs who run missions in the safe zone would contribute nothing to the PvP experience in their current unassailable state.

Solo hunting is practically dead now. Example below.

On 9/21/2017 at 4:33 PM, admin said:

The size of the safe zone is the same around uncapturable ports.
It should not be cut by other ports and this creates partial safety for 2 nations (all other nations have no nearby ports cutting into the safe zone). All profitable ports are outside of the safe waters. But yes you are correct and thats was the purpose, players should be able to do most activities in the safe zone if they wish so.

Profitable ports being outside of the safe zones barely even matters. You can do a single haul from one of those and then you're set for weeks before ever having to go there again - and many of those ports are so close to the reinforcement zone that it doesn't even apply. Meanwhile, the production ports where you have to go often are all 100% safe.

And guess what. If people do pick up valuable goods at a distance, they can still teleport them into the homewaters and safe zones, just as they have been able to for months.

Just the other day I was AFK-sailing a lone indiaman in the homewaters to pick up some teak and got jumped by an enemy surprise. I 100% deserved to get caught and sunk/captured, but nope, he didn't stand any chance whatsoever against the 2x 1st rates called in and then he gave up on trying to find targets altogether. That's the kind of thing that kills people's motivation to even bother, and a knee-jerk reaction to the previous gankers' heaven (because it was made impossible for players to defend their own waters) to a mission runner and trader heaven. (where solo PvP is dead).

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Aegir said:

That makes no sense in the current iteration of the game where there is a knife-sharp divide between the PvE and PvP content. 1000 PvErs who run missions in the safe zone would contribute nothing to the PvP experience in their current unassailable state.

Solo hunting is practically dead now. Example below.

Profitable ports being outside of the safe zones barely even matters. You can do a single haul from one of those and then you're set for weeks before ever having to go there again - and many of those ports are so close to the reinforcement zone that it doesn't even apply. Meanwhile, the production ports where you have to go often are all 100% safe.

And guess what. If people do pick up valuable goods at a distance, they can still teleport them into the homewaters and safe zones, just as they have been able to for months.

Just the other day I was AFK-sailing a lone indiaman in the homewaters to pick up some teak and got jumped by an enemy surprise. I 100% deserved to get caught and sunk/captured, but nope, he didn't stand any chance whatsoever against the 2x 1st rates called in and then he gave up on trying to find targets altogether. That's the kind of thing that kills people's motivation to even bother, and a knee-jerk reaction to the previous gankers' heaven (because it was made impossible for players to defend their own waters) to a mission runner and trader heaven. (where solo PvP is dead).

Baby seal clubbing does not equal solo PvP, 90% of the map does not have reinforcement zones, so no. Also, why did you use the reinforcements if you feel that you deserved to be sunk/captured and looking for PvP?

Sure you can spin it your way, but, it looks you want to PvP on your own terms, just like most of people, hence the reinforcement zones. Players are not just there to entertain others. They will PvP when they are ready.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Baby seal clubbing does not equal solo PvP, 90% of the map does not have reinforcement zones, so no. Also, why did you use the reinforcements if you feel that you deserved to be sunk/captured and looking for PvP?

Sure you can spin it your way, but, it looks you want to PvP on your own terms, just like most of people, hence the reinforcement zones. Players are not just there to entertain others. They will PvP when they are ready.

Are you daft? You honestly think that I was "Looking for PvP" and "just want to PvP on your own terms" when my prime example was of getting jumped as a lone indiaman? And then think that we should gimp ourselves by simply not using the mechanics that we don't like? Christ... Guess I should stop using repairs too since I don't like them either, huh?

Even so, since you so eagerly dismissed the opinions of other players who have been part of the game's development for several years - while you have barely made it past two weeks - and have even seen the implementation of these reinforcement mechanics in earlier builds - and thus can say with far more surety than your made up claims of what will or wont happen - I will dismiss your opinion outright. Or, in short, sod off.

4 hours ago, Aegir said:

Are you daft? You honestly think that I was "Looking for PvP" and "just want to PvP on your own terms" when my prime example was of getting jumped as a lone indiaman? And then think that we should gimp ourselves by simply not using the mechanics that we don't like? Christ... Guess I should stop using repairs too since I don't like them either, huh?

Even so, since you so eagerly dismissed the opinions of other players who have been part of the game's development for several years - while you have barely made it past two weeks - and have even seen the implementation of these reinforcement mechanics in earlier builds - and thus can say with far more surety than your made up claims of what will or wont happen - I will dismiss your opinion outright. Or, in short, sod off.

2 hours ago, Quineloe said:

@Aegirtwo week old account firing away aggressive posts like a machine gun. Connect the dots.

I would ask you both the same thing, respect other people opinion. There is no need for personal attacks. 

I am a new player and admin can confirm that based on my ip address so please no insinuations just to dismiss my opinions and try to single me out. There is a legal term for that. 

Am I suppose to feel bad for being new? Should my opinion be less valuable?

That's the type of attitude that drive players away, maybe that's the point, but then don't blame somebody/something else that there is no PvP or players in the game.

Back on the topic, I would suggest you guys to view the poll on the matter of reinforcement zones, it's in favor to leave them as it is. That's not accounting a lot of new players that not even in forums. In other words the majority have spoken. Learn to adapt!

Edited by Robert
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Darayavahus said:

Anyone experiencing drop in FPS in last few days (battle instance)? Usually (week ago) i was able to play on medium-high settings... now on lowest i got 15 FPS even when there are only two ships in Battle Instance.

no do not experience drops fps 50 P 18

but do you have programs running on the background?

Edited by Thonys