Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

admin

1 hour ago, SUN said:

you announced that teleport to own outpost will be available from neutral & free town ...

I can't teleport (((

and admiralty is not available in free town for whom is installed there (

We plan to remove teleport limitation for free ports in the next hotfix (most likely), players will be able to teleport to any outpost, with the exception of another nation owner

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yep mine just popped up to, not like I plan to use them, but hay it's nice to have three of them just in case all hell happens and I decide to leave Pirates or something.

I was hoping for a new / very expensive way of obtaining them and for the population to inhabit some of the lesser known nations on global. At least to try and have a change. It's my first forged papers and switching now before things pan out is too risky as it's a one way trip.

be nice to have more than 3-4 viable nations , in case clan wars doesn't pan out the way people hope. Fingers crossed

patch looks good, being positive here :)

26 minutes ago, Ink said:

We plan to remove teleport limitation for free ports in the next hotfix (most likely), players will be able to teleport to any outpost, with the exception of another nation owner

I would very much welcome that. It offers more options for play-styles for non-clan affiliated privateers .

39 minutes ago, Ink said:

We plan to address repair cooldowns and amount to reduce the lenght of battles in very near future

This affects to current speed meta and also combat balance.  Probably brings back the question are masts too strong or weak.

Multiple repair kits make speed meta to be stronger as you can compensate your weak hull with repair kits.  Compensating speed is not possible.

MRK issue is also related to Mass > Skill, and increasing Zergfest/Gankfest.

MRK issue is big and breaks the game for sure.  Whatever you do, I hope you understand that it is going to affect to multiple things.

edit.

Big fleets vs Small fleets issue is worse now with MRK.  As big fleet can always out repair the smaller one.  This is broken as hell.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ

29 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

I was hoping for a new / very expensive way of obtaining them and for the population to inhabit some of the lesser known nations on global. At least to try and have a change. It's my first forged papers and switching now before things pan out is too risky as it's a one way trip.

be nice to have more than 3-4 viable nations , in case clan wars doesn't pan out the way people hope. Fingers crossed

patch looks good, being positive here :)

I think the forged papers will be vital if we do this better than we have in the past. Global average population cannot support x8 equal sized nations. I'm afraid we really need to consolidate into 3-4 large competitive nations and just leave the rest for loners and future expansion of player base.  

On global, if you plan to RvR, you should really be looking at Britain, France, Spain ad USA.  Pirates should be a wild card PvP group that swing the odds or Merc out to the others.  Having RvR as a primary pirate concern is just goofy and confusing.

10 minutes ago, Sir R. Calder of Southwick said:

Did I miss something about how to take a hostility mission? It is greyed out for me in a neutral port, but according to the map, GB has 70.2% hostility in the port I am in.

Only clans can pull hostility missions.

Are you a member of a clan? Are you the clan creator? Are you at least an officer in the clan?

Edited by Bach

A comment on the instant note ships for marks.

Thank you for providing ships in this manner! This is a perfect way for me to enjoy the game; I have to grind up some marks, I can do that, then I can cash my hard work in for a ship of my choosing. Beautiful. It is actually so beautiful that I'm secretly scared it's just a temporary test feature that will be ripped out of my arms later.

Please say it ain't so!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jodgi said:

A comment on the instant note ships for marks.

Thank you for providing ships in this manner! This is a perfect way for me to enjoy the game; I have to grind up some marks, I can do that, then I can cash my hard work in for a ship of my choosing. Beautiful. It is actually so beautiful that I'm secretly scared it's just a temporary test feature that will be ripped out of my arms later.

Please say it ain't so!

I agree, it is a nice feature.

Although I do wish they would get crafting recipes, so that folks who want to craft them instead can still do so.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

I recommend that you add progressive port upkeep costs.  If first is 100k, the 2nd is 100k+X.

If you do not implement something like this, there is a high change that people will just form big clans to rule them all.

Excellent catch.

So the PVE server is able to spawn hostility missions but they don't raise hostility? Are they supposed to live with a sever that has 90% of the ports set as neutral? A couple of us have already finished several hostility missions and don't see anything that says hostility has been raised.

4 minutes ago, oleander said:

So the PVE server is able to spawn hostility missions but they don't raise hostility? Are they supposed to live with a sever that has 90% of the ports set as neutral? A couple of us have already finished several hostility missions and don't see anything that says hostility has been raised.

Your server is an afterthought to market this game to players with zero interest in PVP and RVR. And you're complaining a PVP / RVR feature doesn't work for you. You can use neutral ports. What else do you want?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

I recommend that you add progressive port upkeep costs.  If first is 100k, the 2nd is 100k+X.

If you do not implement something like this, there is a high change that people will just form big clans to rule them all.

This was suggested elsewhere (maybe by you?  lol) and I'm glad you added it to this thread here too.  Really needs to be done, devs.  It's also the theme of many RVR suggestions going way back.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

Your server is an afterthought to market this game to players with zero interest in PVP and RVR. And you're complaining a PVP / RVR feature doesn't work for you. You can use neutral ports. What else do you want?

Nobody is complaining, so take your attitude elsewhere. I asked if hostility can be raised and if 90% of the ports are supposed to remain neutral. No one from the dev team has answered so we don't know if its a bug or not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oleander said:

Nobody is complaining, so take your attitude elsewhere. I asked if hostility can be raised and if 90% of the ports are supposed to remain neutral. No one from the dev team has answered so we don't know if its a bug or not.

You cannot capture ports on the PVE server because you would deny the other 7 nations access to that port. Imagine an enemy nation would take all the ports around your capital.

Be glad you can now reliably spawn missions with 10 Agamemnons in it.

• Like 1