Game-Labs Forum

Unity 5 - Testbed Feedback topic.

admin

On 8/17/2017 at 7:01 AM, admin said:

UPDATE Will be delivered today on 1st of September

• Taxation added
    • Nations have implemented defenses in the national waters close to capitals and main regional centers
    • To support this protection level all nations have added national tax of 10% for all purchases and all sales on the market and through private trade
  • Clans owning the ports can change tax levels and invest into some port improvements
    • increase trading goods supply
    • make city open for everyone
    • reduce labor hours
    • Additional improvements are planned
  • Hostility updated for test bed
    • Hostility missions generate hostility 10x faster
    • Port battles start 30 mins after hostility reach 100%
  • All captured ports can be taken over individually. Map is reset. 

Captains are requested to conquer a port or two. 

All numbers are not final and will be subject to change. Testbed is not a stable environment - expect the worst.

This looks good. Probably some tweaks needed but worth testing.

Will the patch also have the updated rewards from killing NPCs as you stated before? I.E. 500k gold reward for killing a victory for example (based on ship building cost?)?

26 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Will the patch also have the updated rewards from killing NPCs as you stated before? I.E. 500k gold reward for killing a victory for example (based on ship building cost?)?

combat missions are currently broken, so we must wait in order to check

28 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

1 minute ago, victor said:

combat missions are currently broken, so we must wait in order to check

I did a hostility mission, sank an ai vic and 1 assist, got about 42k reward for it iirc.

Edited by Liquicity

34 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

If you kill an AI Vic it should not give you 500K. An AI Vic costs 0 for you to produce, just click combat mission and voila. So you should only be rewarded for having some minutes of fun.

Killing a player Vic however, that is a different story. That should net you a good reward.

We want to see players go PvP, not PvE, because then you have at least 2 players slugging along instead of 1.

• Like 1

Ok so some of the guys on was grinding up to flip a port so I headed over with my Vict and took a hostility mission.  I got three Victory's and sunk all three and this was my rewards.

sBZNlyX.jpg

Well when I was in the battle the guy that started the agro was heading back to get repairs.  It seems some one flipped the port. So I head right over and join the port battle.  Though next time need to figure out better join/wind time.

Pi91uMZ.jpg

I was listed Pirates zero vs 6 when I joined.  Later we got 5 more players to join in.  Well got to say I found an easy way to beat the AI.  I joined and had all the AI chase after me.  Than other join and cap the circles.  Capping takes a long time so we had me lead the AI back to Circle B and proceeded to sink a few of them. At least three was taken down along with two towers by time the battle was over.  My reward was about half what I got for sinking the three Victs by myself.  Which is about right when you look at the damage I did to the two I helped sank. 

I like that the rewards are bumped up a bit more, but kinda feel they might be to high. Maybe if there wasn't any big SOL fleets about so folks can only fight SOL's in hostility missions maybe?  Keep the PvE grind to 4th rates and below missions wise.  I assume the 3 ships was the match up with the AI side getting two more ships than who ever joins from the start.  6 Ships in the port battle keeps from folks trying to solo beat a port battle,  Can still have some one cheese lead them away.  Did like the fact they capped the circles as they went through cause they had more ships than myself in B circle.  

I think I'll get the guys in clan on later to do some more testing. I think Barcoa was set Pirate port and not sure what he set for tax and port battle timer.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

Oh and out of the four ships I looted my rewards was.

Trim by the stern book

Rig Repairs

Rum

Rig Repairs

All while I was needing freaking Hull repairs as I was out after fighting the three Vict's.  Can we stop giving a crap ton of rig repairs in these missions.  I swear RNG hates me and all I get is Rig Repairs.  I don't remember the last time I gotten hull repairs. I'm fine with rum to replace crew lost but really how often do you repair you sails when your doing NPC grinding?

40 minutes ago, Skully said:

If you kill an AI Vic it should not give you 500K. An AI Vic costs 0 for you to produce, just click combat mission and voila. So you should only be rewarded for having some minutes of fun.

Killing a player Vic however, that is a different story. That should net you a good reward.

We want to see players go PvP, not PvE, because then you have at least 2 players slugging along instead of 1.

You are not getting 500K you are getting about 45K depending on your damage.

10 Minutes on test server and here is what needs to be fixed:

1. Birds sounds (add longer delay) too repetitive. Add more variety.

2. Raindrops hitting sailcloth sound. (stretch pillow cloth and drop water on it) That is the sound we need. Add light howling wind. Drops on wood (deck). 

3. Add howling wind sound during sunny day/ night. Make it sometimes scary. Ocean is not always a happy place. 

4. OS speed,make it faster, ex. right now downwind l'hermione 24 --> 35, at 90 degrees make it--> 30, at close haul --> 20 , do not make close haul speeds too slow! it's so annoying. Even nose into the wind should feel reasonable and not 4 knots! World is too big for those slow speeds. Apply same principle to all ships.

5. In battle wasa turns nicely, no more into the wind lag. Nice and smooth turn in circle (good job) make it similar on all ships. Maybe increase turn and acceleration when trying to turn at slow speeds. 

6. Sails are too clean. Add dirt to edges where ropes hold the sails. Add yellowish marks from prolonged rain exposure.  

ex 

7909203-Background-close-up-of-a-dirty-w

7. When ship is turning add more wood creaking, ropes stretching sounds.

8. Birds are quiet during rain! Fix it. Right now they are screaming when it's raining. 

9 Add anchor rope when stationary on OS. Ships don't just magically stay still.  

10. Add sounds 'beat to quarters!' (master and commander drums) before battle for 30 seconds. or when player hits 'Attack' play drums or other melodies for each nation. It will be epic. 

11. listen to sounds 0:20 - 0:32 , copy and paste them into the game. Battles will become epic. Flag sound 1:20 - 1:22, cannon fire 2:22 - 2:26  (deep growl)

Still much work left to do. 

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, George Washington said:

10 Minutes on test server and here is what needs to be fixed:

Might want to leave this out, cause if all you did was logged in for 10 mins you didn't explore things and most your other comments have nothing to do with the patch and what is live.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I think I'll get the guys in clan on later to do some more testing. I think Barcoa was set Pirate port and not sure what he set for tax and port battle timer.

I was unable to make changes to the Baracoa region while it was still a contested one.

With regards "NoReply"

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AxIslander said:

I was unable to make changes to the Baracoa region while it was still a contested one.

With regards "NoReply"

There was more funky stuff before the PB as well. NoReplay  (Clan TTT) and myself (Clan FUFU) did the initial hostility mission in which NoReplay came out ahead (only because I did not explode :lol:). The PB then opened as a TTT, FUFU battle.

I have no clue how I did in battle, but I can't imagine not being the better. :D I did crash out after the PB was won. How is port ownership calculated?

Edited by Skully
  • Like 1

I tested with a friend the reinforcement mechanics around "safe" zones, well it seems it worked as intented: the aggressor (in a quick ship) chose not to run away immediately and was wiped away with no chance to survive.

So the mechanics seems fair enough: the average aggressor has the choice to run away (immediately) else he will be sunk. And the spawn point of the reinfocements is such that the defender can manouver in order to let the spawned ships actually can defend him. 

Edited by victor

39 minutes ago, Skully said:

There was more funky stuff before the PB as well. NoReplay  (Clan TTT) and myself (Clan FUFU) did the initial hostility mission in which NoReplay came out ahead (only because I did not explode :lol:). The PB then opened as a TTT, FUFU battle.

I have no clue how I did in battle, but I can't imagine not being the better. :D I did crash out after the PB was won. How is port ownership calculated?

My guess is that, after the initial hostility mission my clan (TTT) had 61% hostility. Then @Sir Texas Sir made it to 100% and allso started the PB. The region was given to (TTT) because of the 61% from the initial hostility mission. Allso on my way to raise hostility i added every player in a clan, to my friendly clans.

Funny thing was, that mission was @Skully's mission, but he came in a 5th rate and tried to kill two Vics. He came close, sadly no explosion, thus he sunk and got no rewards.

Edited by AxIslander
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Skully said:

I disagree. We need higher rewards in order to finance everything else and afaik the admin did state that they were going to improve SOL kill and assist rewards.

Otherwise I don't plan to play a "2nd job."

Edited by Teutonic

3 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I disagree. We need higher rewards in order to finance everything else and afaik the admin dod state that they were going to improve SOL kill and assist rewards.

Otherwise I don't plan to play a "2nd job."

Then read again, because that is what I'm proposing but first a fundamental issue needs to be tackled.

10 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Might want to leave this out, cause if all you did was logged in for 10 mins you didn't explore things and most your other comments have nothing to do with the patch and what is live.

Your suggestions from past brought this game to collapse, good work gentleman. All what my post says is that in 10 minutes I was able to find all those negatives, but it does not mean I only stayed for 10 minutes. 

Now let's test more and see what they missed and make the game better. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AxIslander said:

My guess is that, after the initial hostility mission my clan (TTT) had 61% hostility. Then @Sir Texas Sir made it to 100% and allso started the PB. The region was given to (TTT) because of the 61% from the initial hostility mission. Allso on my way to raise hostility i added every player in a clan, to my friendly clans.

Funny thing was, that mission was @Skully's mission, but he came in a 5th rate and tried to kill two Vics. He came close, sadly no explosion, thus he sunk and got no rewards.

I didn't flip it, it was all ready flipped for almost 30 mins when I got out of my battle as the port battle had all ready started.  By the way it said port battle started at this time, that isn't the port battle start time that was when it was flipped.  The port battle was all ready 40 mins from that time.  I believe when I entered the port battle  it had 8:40 mins and seconds on the clock so it all ready started.  When every one else started to show up we where down to the last min for the cap circle timer too start taking effect.  

So sounds like we still need Damage for xp added into game since he got no rewards.  I felt like the XP/Credits I got for the three Victs I killed was about right.  Not to much as it was about 45K a piece and going off the ones I Assisted in the Port Battle Killing was around that much percentage wise.  It was nice to have gotten some actual xp/credits even for an empty port battle.  All in all that hour or two of doing the port battle testing I got about 45 combat marks too.  Though the stupid loot drop still sucks in the fact I keep getting Rig Repairs something you don't really need in AI fights.  I think the loot table should be set with this order:  

Hull Repairs 50%

Rum 25%

Rig Repair 10%

Cannons 10%

Rare other item drop. 5%

Though no matter what you set the percentage too folks like me that the RNG GODS hate will still be cursed.

18 minutes ago, George Washington said:

Your suggestions from past brought this game to collapse, good work gentleman. All what my post says is that in 10 minutes I was able to find all those negatives, but it does not mean I only stayed for 10 minutes. 

Now let's test more and see what they missed and make the game better. 

I see now personnel attacks cause you where called out that you did zero testing and your comments have nothing to do with the testbed and the fact we are to test the hostility system and what not?   I take it you prob don't know what I have suggested or not in  this game and just making blind comments.  Please get back on topic of the thread and leave any personal attacks at home.   Again I'll state if all you did was log in 10 mins than you prob didn't test a dang thing.

@Ink I had a big crash last night on test bed that took for ever to get back into the game.   It said crash reports being sent in on the log in screen for over 30 mins before I finally allowed me to log in.  Not sure what happen, but since it's a unstable version of the game I assume something didn't like the game on my end.   Just thought I"ll give a heads up and I don't have an AMD card so it wasn't cause of that.  By time I was able to get into testbed I was needed to hope back to the live server and get into a good brawl.   I'll try to test it tonight again. Maybe when I switch back to testbed it will fix what ever happen on my end.

Ok I got to thinking and I honestly think Kidd's Island should be added as perm ports for the pirates.  If there isn't a bunch of players that use these ports than a clan is going to have to depend on other incomes to support the maintenance fee for them.  Maybe just make Kidd's Harbor Perm and that will give other nations a chance of attack the other two maybe?  Even though I all ready plan to flip that port as soon as this patch drops since I do keep ships in that port.

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Ok I got to thinking and I honestly think Kidd's Island should be added as perm ports for the pirates.  If there isn't a bunch of players that use these ports than a clan is going to have to depend on other incomes to support the maintenance fee for them.  Maybe just make Kidd's Harbor Perm and that will give other nations a chance of attack the other two maybe?  Even though I all ready plan to flip that port as soon as this patch drops since I do keep ships in that port.

I think you already planned to flip half the map again, like it's tradition :)

I would like to see hurricanes in game similar to the recent Harvey one. In game rain can be improved as well. (Raindrops on water and around the ship). 

In addition, in real life poor Texas is choking from floods and other disasters caused by hurricane Harvey.  Pity government spent money elswhere instead of preparing for nature's will. So, here is a quick idea. Why can't we have weather like that? Weather that could cause infrastructure damage to ports which it would randomly hit. Since clans will control taxes it would be a great idea to have an option to invest funds into port reserve for disasters or after raid recovery. 

46 minutes ago, Cabral said:

I think you already planned to flip half the map again, like it's tradition :)

We have never flipped half the map.  Though that would be stupid cause you have port maintenance and if your get to many ports like GB and US love to do than they can't afford those empty ports they will go back to neutral and it would have been pointless to take them. We all ready bet that we will see folks doing land grab at start only to find out they can't afford to hold all those lands.  

Now what we will prob do is take key ports and hold them.  We are all ready setting up for that......9

41 minutes ago, George Washington said:

I would like to see hurricanes in game similar to the recent Harvey one. In game rain can be improved as well. (Raindrops on water and around the ship). 

In addition, in real life poor Texas is choking from floods and other disasters caused by hurricane Harvey.  Pity government spent money elswhere instead of preparing for nature's will. So, here is a quick idea. Why can't we have weather like that? Weather that could cause infrastructure damage to ports which it would randomly hit. Since clans will control taxes it would be a great idea to have an option to invest funds into port reserve for disasters or after raid recovery. 

kinda miss the storms they have had in the past, though think they had a problem with the storms and something...maybe with Unity 5 we might be able to see these again.

On 17.8.2017 at 1:01 PM, admin said:
  • Hostility updated for test bed
    • Hostility missions generate hostility 10x faster
    • Port battles start 30 mins after hostility reach 100%
  • All captured ports can be taken over individually. Map is reset. 

Captains are requested to conquer a port or two.

Yesterday i tried to make a bit hostility. I failed, because i have no options. I've done some things to increase the hostiliy but it doesnt work:

- Cant find a port where the "Hostility Order"-Button isn't disabled. Tried at my capitol (Christiansted) and several neutral like Amalienborg, Coral Bay, Hat Island and Oranjestad

- Can't attack any neutral fleets to increase hostility for neutral towns

- Could attack fleets of other nations near Oranjestad, but that didnt increase hostility there.

- Created a clan by myself and tried the points above again, no success

So i wonder, how to make hostility on testbed against a neutral town?

Edited by Sven Silberbart

3 minutes ago, Sven Silberbart said:

Yesterday i tried to make a bit hostility. I failed, because i have no options. I've done some things to increase the hostiliy but it doesnt work:

- Cant find a port where the "Hostility Order"-Button isn't disabled. Tried at my capitol (Christiansted) and several neutral like Amalienborg, Coral Bay, Hat Island and Oranjestad

- Can't attack any neutral fleets to increase hostility for neutral towns

- Could attack fleets of other nations near Oranjestad, but that didnt increase hostility there.

- Created a clan by myself and tried the points above again, no success

So i wonder, how to make hostility on testbed against a neutral town?

I've been able to successfully raise hostility. First I created a clan. Next I went to a national port (owned by my nation) and took several hostility missions for nearby neutral towns. I completed a single mission (sunk 3 agamemnons) and was able to raise the hostility to 66.7%.